Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria (8111 Views)

Aerial Filming With Quadcopter (drone) / Quadcopter Flight Over Lagos, Nigeria (aerial Filming) / Photography Newbie: Any School Of Photography In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
I've study much of aerial photography from America and other places but I've not hear of it in Nigeria . Is there anyone here who is into aerial filming . I do have some drones and quads , let's discuss

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by bolargeez(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2013
Are u for real? Been looking for quad copter to shoot some scenes of my upcoming short film. Holla back pls.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2013
bolargeez: Are u for real? Been looking for quad copter to shoot some scenes of my upcoming short film. Holla back pls.

You can reach me through my mail below. Send me your number or do a mail.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by prof800(m): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
^^^^^
See...? We know. Someone just responded.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2013
@bolageez
I'm still waiting for your response. I have hoverfly which carries cannon 5d and black magic camera and also phantom dji.which carries go pro hero 3

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2013
Joagbaje: @bolageez
I'm still waiting for your response. I have hoverfly which carries cannon 5d and black magic camera and also phantom dji.which carries go pro hero 3
Do you fly? How skilled are you? Can you link to samples of your aerial work? Plase email me, thanks - aneleonwuka@btinternet.com
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yes I'm a pilot, I will post some of my shoot on YouTube and send link to you.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
Joagbaje: Yes I'm a pilot, I will post some of my shoot on YouTube and send link to you.
Ok, cool. Nice one!
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Briareos(m): 12:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Joagbaje: Yes I'm a pilot, I will post some of my shoot on YouTube and send link to you.

Post the link here for all interested (like myself) to see.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pls give me a day or two to upload . Network issue.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2013
VillageBoi:
Ok, cool. Nice one!

Thanks
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2013
Joagbaje:
Thanks

You're welcome Jo.

Have you looked into adapting your mount? I know there are a few dampeners that would help with the vibration the GoPro is getting from your DJI and also kill most of the rolling shutter. Also in the second vid... with the proximity to people and the fly-overs you're doing have you got propller guards? (always have to be very, very safe when flying).

You're definitely onto something pretty good that is for the most part lacking in Naija. Will chat with you much more about certain possibilities. Keep it up dude. The future is bright!
By the way are you flying a Hero3 Black?
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2013
VillageBoi:

You're welcome Jo.

Have you looked into adapting your mount? I know there are a few dampeners that would help with the vibration the GoPro is getting from your DJI and also kill most of the rolling shutter.

Yes I have ordered for zemuse gimbal . I also have a bigger drone that can carry black magic camera and cannon 5d.

Also in the second vid... with the proximity to people and the fly-overs you're doing have you got propller guards? (always have to be very, very safe when flying).

I'm not using propeller guard since it carries more weight and reduces flight time. I thought its for learned actually but I should consider it now . Safety first since anything may go wrong technically :

By the way are you flying a Hero3 Black?

Yes I use gopro hero3 on phantom but I use canon on the bigger one which recently developed a fault . I sent it to U.S for repairs

Thanks a million for encouragement
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 11:26am On Oct 30, 2013
Joagbaje:
I'm not using propeller guard since it carries more weight and reduces flight time. I thought its for learned actually but I should consider it now . Safety first since anything may go wrong technically :
Yeah safety is paramount, even more so when flying over people as these have been known to chop people's heads in two. The DJI's are also known to lose signal and do their own 'fly-aways' sometimes. I've only flown micros a couple of times so I don't really keep up to date... I was researching them a while back even though I don't have any interest in piloting myself. I'm more interested in good Pro pilots doing the job themselves.

I know there is a DJI owner FB page... they talk about and sort out various solutions... I've not read it for a while.

DJI page - https://www./DJIGuys/

Again, keep it up because aerial filming is a much, much needed skill in Naija.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Why is this topic not on the FRONT page?
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice thread! The aerial filming I've ever seen in Nollywood were in Hoodrush, Last Flight to Abuja and a few others. I hope they do more smiley

btw, Nice videos @Joagbaje smiley smiley smiley
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by NaLaugh: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2013
Yup, i agree that naija needs to expand its image capture styles.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by stkris(m): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2013
With consistent practice, you can carve a nice little niche for yourself in the Nigerian videography market. Master the art and you can become the "go-to" guy when filmmakers and other clients need aerial shots without the expense and inconvenience of renting a helicopter.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by mgolo(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
Joagbaje: I've study much of aerial photography from America and other places but I've not hear of it in Nigeria . Is there anyone here who is into aerial filming . I do have some drones and quads , let's discuss

I have done aerial still photography for the oil and gas ...Chevron for years in Nigeria. But not filming
See my site. www.mfoto.yolasite.com
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by mgolo(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
mgolo:

I have done aerial still photography for the oil and gas ...Chevron for years in Nigeria. But not filming
See my site. www.mfoto.yolasite.com

I checked your site. You surely have nice shots but I couldn't see any aerial shot , can you post one here?
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2013
^^^^^^
Thanks
I saw the advert but , I but my assumption was that it was animation.

human beings can't fly quadcopters that good.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
^ ^ ^
Yeah, computer controlled. Multiple flight paths designed by humans wink
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
I think this is fun so I'm going to learn properly too. My Spektrum just arrived; now I can go out on Thursday and CRASH this sh*t like mad hahahaha.
At least I'll be piloting before the Phanthom Pro 2 is released end of the year/early next year (Yes 'Pro 2' not the 'Vision 2' crap)

Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 12:15am On Dec 03, 2013
^^^^
This is nice. Just got a spidex with brushless gimbal . I have smoother shoot now. I will post my recent works
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 12:39am On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje: ^^^^
Just got a spidex with brushless gimbal . I have smoother shoot now. I will post my recent works
Ooh nice!! That's a different level my man!
When I become good I want to go for a Phanthom with a zenmuse gimbal.
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 1:09am On Dec 03, 2013
Things just got crazier... for a 'price'

Watersafe Drone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3pU0XKQZt4
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by VillageBoi(m): 1:20am On Dec 03, 2013
I totally need to STOP watching these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGhEInTXYc
Re: Aerial Filming And Photography in Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
VillageBoi: Things just got crazier... for a 'price'

Watersafe Drone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3pU0XKQZt4

It's amazing what's happening here . Flying phantom into water! Some people are crazy mehn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Smiling Girl Which Can Be Seen Only When Your Eyes Are Half Closed. / Whatsapp Group Chat For (digital, Comic And Creative Artists) / How To Make Money As A Graphic Designer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.