Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? (3957 Views)

Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS / If NIGERIA Was To Divide Which Region Will SUFFER Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
GOD forbid nigeria splits because we will all suffer it. but which tribe or region(s) do you guys think will suffer most?
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by 50calibre(m): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
The Hausas!!

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by moststylish(m): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
the northern part ofcourse will be the worst for it

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Jeel: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
The indigenous christians in the North will be the scape goat
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
The tribe that cant stay in the region would suffer most since they would be forced to return home

10 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by ikweremilitant: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
dayokanu: The tribe that cant stay in the region would suffer most since they would be forced to return home
who realisd dis rabid dog,who pls chain hm bk o

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
The tribe dat cannot survive without der slavemasters...d tribe dat has d highest number of embezzlers and tribalist... D tribe...d tribe that wants faani kayode to be its future president.

10 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by sakaguchi(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
@OP And the relevance of this question is only to thrill you with the adrenaline from tribal bashing?I don't think any tribe will suffer it, the north is reputed for agriculture: tomato, onions, cattle, beans, millet, dairy and will be forced to return to it, New zealand is fine with agriculture. The Christian part of the north; Plateau, Benue, South Kaduna, Taraba, some parts of Nasarawa and parts of all northern states have soya beans, yams (with Nasarawa, Niger and Benue being the largest producer nationwide), potatoes, apple, cabbage etc, in general, the north will be an agricultural hub. The South west have inchoate technocrat setup, they can build on it together with their cities, culture and manpower, the south East have traders and entrepreneurs who would delve in business, manufacturing etc, South South has the oil. Did I forget to mention the leather industry in the north? Cement, sugar cane? I don't think any zone/region will suffer and wait a minute, Nigeria will never break up. #TeamOneNigeria

4 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Same old thread recycled day in and day out with at least 1 usual suspect salivating at the keyboards.

Have fun with this round of tribal p....orn.
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
dayokanu: The tribe that cant stay in the region would suffer most since they would be forced to return home
tell me which tribe is not nomadic?
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by cashkid18(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
no tribe wud suffer cuz every tribe were all doin well before nig almagamation.so i c no reason y any tribe shud sufer if nig bcums a history 2day
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by automaticcars: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Of course the landlocked whiners from the east. The people from land of only clay soild. The people from the so called "Japan of Africa". The people with attache by force. The people that take kidnapping as way of life. The same people who wake up their parents from bed with uppercut.The only whiners we have in Nigeria.

Fill in the gap after reading what I wrote.

13 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by taiocol: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
sbaks: GOD forbid nigeria splits because we will all suffer it. but which tribe or region(s) do you guys think will suffer most?
was 9ja one b4 nw
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Dsage1: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
sakaguchi: @OP And the relevance of this question is only to thrill you with the adrenaline from tribal bashing?I don't think any tribe will suffer it, the north is reputed for agriculture: tomato, onions, cattle, beans, millet, dairy and will be forced to return to it, New zealand is fine with agriculture. The Christian part of the north; Plateau, Benue, South Kaduna, Taraba, some parts of Nasarawa and parts of all northern states have soya beans, yams (with Nasarawa, Niger and Benue being the largest producer nationwide), potatoes, apple, cabbage etc, in general, the north will be an agricultural hub. The South west have inchoate technocrat setup, they can build on it together with their cities, culture and manpower, the south East have traders and entrepreneurs who would delve in business, manufacturing etc, South South has the oil. Did I forget to mention the leather industry in the north? Cement, sugar cane? I don't think any zone/region will suffer and wait a minute, Nigeria will never break up. #TeamOneNigeria

I would not have said it any better.
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
i was thinking of the hausas because their region would become landlocked. Even some part of the north like jos, s/kaduna benue, kwara parts of adamawa and taraba most likely, etc. will join the south and these are areas known for fertile lands. They would have no access to the ocean and we know so well how the ocean brings wealth. They will experience what niger is experiencing though their political life would be good since they cooperate alot. but i pity its christians
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Smh @ Some peeps sayin north will surfer..

Some peeps don't know almost 65% of the food stuffs they buy comes from the north...

In fact..
Naija breakin up existed only on the internet #fact..

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by cKaiser: 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
sbaks: i was thinking of the hausas because their region would become landlocked. Even some part of the north like jos, s/kaduna benue, kwara parts of adamawa and taraba most likely, etc. will join the south and these are areas known for fertile lands. They would have no access to the ocean and we know so well how the ocean brings wealth. They will experience what niger is experiencing though their political life would be good since they cooperate alot. but i pity its christians

^^ this also applies to the SouthEast as they would also be landlocked

Overpopulated in a small barren red soil erosion ravaged land

And with their natural affinity for crime. It would be survival of the fittest Osikankwu vs Clifford Orji, Anajemba vs Ifeanyi Ubah

only that this time they cant run to Lagos, port Harcourt, kano or Jos

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
cKaiser:

And with their natural affinity for crime. It would be survival of the fittest Osikankwu vs Clifford Orji, Anajemba vs Ifeanyi Ubah

but i dont think they would suffer politically, they cooperate too (unlike south south) though i agree with you on the crime aspect 'sha' there will be alot of crime
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by IGBOSON1: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
sbaks: i was thinking of the hausas because their region would become landlocked. Even some part of the north like jos, s/kaduna benue, kwara parts of adamawa and taraba most likely, etc. will join the south and these are areas known for fertile lands. They would have no access to the ocean and we know so well how the ocean brings wealth. They will experience what niger is experiencing though their political life would be good since they cooperate alot. but i pity its christians

^^^I don't think being landlocked would present problems for them since they're close with the Yorubas and can continue using their ports for their business; Dangote would still be doing business with them for instance, and more Hausa/Fulanis would open up factories in Odualand given the number of wealthy billionaires they have like IBB, the Abachas', etc.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by IGBOSON1: 11:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
cKaiser:

^^^But we can bring our notebooks out and take down notes on how the 'saintly' Yorubas have succeeded in remaining the epitome of morality and good conduct all these past decades.......how they've taught the rest of the country to be honest and upright in public service, and avoid the temptation of dipping their hands in the till; how they've managed to shun having a single Yoruba traffic drugs; how they've managed to avoid having bloodthirsty terrorists amongst them (even in London where they have a large immigrant population wink); how they've managed to avoid having ritualists, murderers, rapists, peodophiles, and fruitcakes amongst their lot! We could get some tips couldn't we?.....that's if you're kind enough to share your secret of sainthood! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 12, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^But we can bring our notebooks out and take down notes on how the 'saintly' Yorubas have succeeded in remaining the epitome of morality and good conduct all these past decades.......how they've taught the rest of the country to be honest and upright in public service, and avoid the temptation of dipping their hands in the till; how they've managed to shun having a single Yoruba traffic drugs; how they've managed to avoid having bloodthirsty terrorists amongst them (even in London where they have a large immigrant population wink); how they've managed to avoid having ritualists, murderers, rapists, peodophiles, and fruitcakes amongst their lot! We could get some tips couldn't we?.....that's if you're kind enough to share your secret of sainthood! smiley
Nnaa, it seems you have some time to waste. Don't mind those pretenders who actually used their deceit to cause the civil war. The worst is that laziness will never allow them to be useful with their miserable lives. If a snake and a yarubaman enters your house, kill the yarubaman first before the snake. You can kill the snake at your spare time undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by ayusco85(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Na south south o, cos they will fight themselves to death because of the evil "Oyel Money" grin grin
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by franchizy(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2013
To be frank and sincere, the igbos will suffer most becos they will be forced to return home and start life afresh.
Again the igbos will also loose there oil wells in Abia and Imo to Rivers state because the oil wells were temporary given to them by Rivers people to enable them have a source livelihood.
Those talking of the North to suffer are jokers becos the North are number one in Agriculture and the North also ve Oil.
It is obvious dat majority of the igbos in the North will turn citizens there and abandon the south East

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by juman(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2013
No zone would suffer.
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by capricon: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2013
If each region works hard,none will suffer. Isreal today is one of the most densely populated countries in the world and has one of the most 'barren lands' yet it is not suffering. Wealth is in the mind.
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by capricon: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2013
Even if Nigeria breaks up we will still depend on each other just like every country depends on others for trade. Nigeria does not drink its Oyel.
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by capricon: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2013
Lets stop this tribal hatred as it wont do us any good. I go to Ebonyi, anambra i see lots of hausa peeps. I go to portharcourt and jos, i see a lot of yoruba peeps. I go to lagos i see lots of igbo peeps. I go abroad i see lots of NIGERIANS. So all those claiming tribal or regional superiority should stop being narrow minded. We are all flesh and blood and will always have differences but we should always try to work things out because we all need each other.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2013
None will suffer if you mean in terms of economic survival.
Whenever there is a will, there will be a way.

My only concern is the Northern Christians whom the Jihardists will work hard to wipe out with the hope of pleasing "Alllah" and secure their own fare share of virgins!.
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by veraponpo(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2013
Ndigbo will suffer most. The simple reason is because most of they live on d success of the economy of other tribes-Lagos,Kano,Ibadan,Otta,Jos,etc. With Nigeria separation they will become strangers automatically. This would allow the host country to have the locus standing to deport some of them and with the small size of the south eastern states just adding up to the size of Oyo state,the land will be over populated,too small for agriculture therefore there won't be enough food,no sea port therefre international trade is affected,small airport,only Enugu airpot is supposedly made international airport and it is not a cargo port. North too may suffer but they are originally known as hard workers, they will go back to agriculture. North does not need much to live. South south will enjoy but will have cases of civil wars that will threaten their existence. Ijaw will dominate,efik and ibibo will stand alone, urhobo and ogoni will become minority. Itsekiri will go with Oodua in d west,bini will stand alone,etc Yoruba too may suffer some setbacks because of food supply that come from the north however, with Kwara that is 85percent Yoruba,Kaba and Okun people in Kogi,Osun,Ekiti,Ondo and saki people,the problem may be for just a year. Oodua will fare very well with 3 sea ports, international air ports, education, technocrats, good land for agriculture and big one, ocean and lagoon in lagos and Ondo, oil in Ogun,Ondo and Lagos, manufacturing companies in ogun,Lagos and Oyo State, tourism,etc Oodua just like before independence and amalgamation when other tribes used to come here fpr education and civiliation, will enjoy most. QED

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by ijawcitizen(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2013
veraponpo: Ndigbo will suffer most. The simple reason is because most of they live on d success of the economy of other tribes-Lagos,Kano,Ibadan,Otta,Jos,etc. With Nigeria separation they will become strangers automatically. This would allow the host country to have the locus standing to deport some of them and with the small size of the south eastern states just adding up to the size of Oyo state,the land will be over populated,too small for agriculture therefore there won't be enough food,no sea port therefre international trade is affected,small airport,only Enugu airpot is supposedly made international airport and it is not a cargo port. North too may suffer but they are originally known as hard workers, they will go back to agriculture. North does not need much to live. South south will enjoy but will have cases of civil wars that will threaten their existence. Ijaw will dominate,efik and ibibo will stand alone, urhobo and ogoni will become minority. Itsekiri will go with Oodua in d west,bini will stand alone,etc Yoruba too may suffer some setbacks because of food supply that come from the north however, with Kwara that is 85percent Yoruba,Kaba and Okun people in Kogi,Osun,Ekiti,Ondo and saki people,the problem may be for just a year. Oodua will fare very well with 3 sea ports, international air ports, education, technocrats, good land for agriculture and big one, ocean and lagoon in lagos and Ondo, oil in Ogun,Ondo and Lagos, manufacturing companies in ogun,Lagos and Oyo State, tourism,etc Oodua just like before independence and amalgamation when other tribes used to come here fpr education and civiliation, will enjoy most. QED
Foolishness smells all over you, are you cursed?
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 12, 2013
veraponpo: Ndigbo will suffer most. The simple reason is because most of they live on d success of the economy of other tribes-Lagos,Kano,Ibadan,Otta,Jos,etc. With Nigeria separation they will become strangers automatically. This would allow the host country to have the locus standing to deport some of them and with the small size of the south eastern states just adding up to the size of Oyo state,the land will be over populated,too small for agriculture therefore there won't be enough food,no sea port therefre international trade is affected,small airport,only Enugu airpot is supposedly made international airport and it is not a cargo port. North too may suffer but they are originally known as hard workers, they will go back to agriculture. North does not need much to live. South south will enjoy but will have cases of civil wars that will threaten their existence. Ijaw will dominate,efik and ibibo will stand alone, urhobo and ogoni will become minority. Itsekiri will go with Oodua in d west,bini will stand alone,etc Yoruba too may suffer some setbacks because of food supply that come from the north however, with Kwara that is 85percent Yoruba,Kaba and Okun people in Kogi,Osun,Ekiti,Ondo and saki people,the problem may be for just a year. Oodua will fare very well with 3 sea ports, international air ports, education, technocrats, good land for agriculture and big one, ocean and lagoon in lagos and Ondo, oil in Ogun,Ondo and Lagos, manufacturing companies in ogun,Lagos and Oyo State, tourism,etc Oodua just like before independence and amalgamation when other tribes used to come here fpr education and civiliation, will enjoy most. QED
Who is dz MUMU... Or re u Faani Kayode's son?
Re: Which Tribe Or Region Will Suffer Most If Nigeria Splits? by Ngokafor(f): 11:09am On Oct 12, 2013
The same question every month..arent you guys tired of asking the same daft questions? angry

..how will knowing the tribe that will suffer the most help your own tribe?

... or are you all deluded enough to think it would be a tea party for anyone?...

...you better think about how you and your 'tribe' will survive before arguing blindly over how your perceived enemies will fare..

P.S..all you separatists,i hope have all weighed the pros and cons of a divided Nigeria...dont go crying to UN for aid when shit hits the fan!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Was Humiliated Today By @MrAyedee on twitter / Breaking News: Tribunal Rules Out Petition Against Rivers Governor, Wike / Why Is The New Minister Of Youths And Sports On Uniform During The Inauguration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.