Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt (40092 Views)

Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures) / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by eghosajohnny: 12:20am On Nov 15, 2013
blackeli: From our estimate and bill of materials, how much do you think it would cost to finish building?

Hello sir,I am a builder too can I in anyway contribute to this discussion?I would gladly want to work for you. Thanks
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by eghosajohnny: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2013
blackeli: From our estimate and bill of materials, how much do you think it would cost to finish building?

Hello sir,

I am a builder too can I in anyway contribute to this discussion?I would gladly want to work for you. Thanks
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by eghosajohnny: 1:00am On Nov 15, 2013
scribe2000:

I have sent you an email. Thanks.

Hello sir,I am a builder and I wish to inform you that I can deliver this project in a given time frame without delay I was suppose to reply yesterday but was a little busy and calculatively I can handle this job perfectly with 17m, I would appreciate if you can give me a call or send me an e-mail for further discussion.
To make it more convincing I can start ahead before any payment can come in based on our agreement

Thanks for believing in naira land and we promise never to disappoint our fellow friends

Awaiting your reply,My number is 07031886484 and mail johnontop14@yahoo.com
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Ymodulus: 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
eddiebruk:
Can you do us all a favor and let the Owner of the Thread do the Answering of those questions, don't bring your Over Sabi here just to get clients off other peoples thread, if you are a Project Manager, or Construction Engineer, you can put up a thread and display your works and services. don't hijack someones thread.

Mr i am not into the construction line. So redraw your statement
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by cjsam: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
spyder880: Carry the blocks into the foundation where they are needed.
Oga I love this, how I wish the house is mine.great work man..
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
cjsam: Oga I love this, how I wish the house is mine.great work man..

I believe you will build another elegant structure before long, just believe.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
We have completed all the fooundation block works and cast most of the starter pillars, tomorrow we start filling the foundation with earth. More pictures tomorrow.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by 30Tons: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2013
IKORODU only Count on us for quality granite direct from quarry, accurate quantity on demand, we also deliver to site Iron rod, cement, Shape sand, vibrated Blocks.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 16, 2013
The DPC is a bit low if actually this is the last block... Don't forget that Portharcourt is usually flooded in the rainy season. You can ask the owner for variation as it may not have been considered in the design and your quote.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:05am On Nov 17, 2013
chibabe3: The DPC is a bit low if actually this is the last block... Don't forget that Portharcourt is usually flooded in the rainy season. You can ask the owner for variation as it may not have been considered in the design and your quote.

This location is different, its PH but not in a low lying area prone to flooding. Wait till we complete the filling and then the height will show clearly.

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:09am On Nov 17, 2013
We are filling the foundation and still watching the height.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by eghosajohnny: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2013
segzy14:

I can deliver this project for you between 18m to 20m, this range depend on the taste of the finishings. 30m is too much and too far from it. I will p.m you so that i can send my company profile to you for necessary actions and i have agreement form that i draft for my clients. This is my number +2347035596641 and +2348178706641, this is my email: samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com and ajosesegun2011@gmail.com

Hello ENG segzy,I have to call you this morning but it seams you switched your lines off pls I have a private discussion with you pls add me to your BBM that is if you have or call me on this number 07031886484 its important.
Thanks awaiting your call
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by eghosajohnny: 5:40am On Nov 18, 2013
Hello ENG segzy,I have to call you this morning but it seams you switched your lines off pls I have a private discussion with you pls add me to your BBM that is if you have or call me on this number 07031886484 its important.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 18, 2013
eghosa johnny:

I am not on BBM but i am on whatsapp.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2013
spyder880:

This location is different, its PH but not in a low lying area prone to flooding. Wait till we complete the filling and then the height will show clearly.
You are really doing a good job as the lecturer... this is quite interesting as we have learnt so much. As they will say picture speaks a thousand words and you have really passed across vital information with these pictures. We need the sand/cement/aggregate ratio for the concrete work as well as the mortar. Thanks.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by tlops(m): 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice Job Oga Spyder!

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:37am On Nov 21, 2013
tlops: Nice Job Oga Spyder!

Thank you my man.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:39am On Nov 21, 2013
We are still filling this foundation with sand

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:42am On Nov 21, 2013
When I looked at the previous level of the foundation, we decided to add another line of blocks to increase the foundation height. This will increase the quantity of filling sand we may use, but I plan to bring in larger loads with bigger trucks to fill this foundation.

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by emmadejust(m): 3:46am On Nov 21, 2013
For your proffessional screeding and painting works in your residential and commercial building/homes.
We give Fine standard finishing in interior and exterior screeding and painting to the delight and satisfactory taste of homes owners.
We derive Pleasures in offering extraodinary services to our customers/client homes to showcase the beauty, value, and perfection of our services.we have been adding brilliance colours,Beautiful designs,coating and wall protection works .
Try us for your -: professional screeding &painting contract.
Decorative painting design.
Material supplier contract
In portharcourt, bayelsa, aba, owerri, enugu and any location in nigeria for on site inspection and estimation

Call us 08032721809, 08188227802
Email: techdejust@gmail.com
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Our speed is being hampered by road construction works going on at the East-West road in PH. Lots of heavy vehicles moving sand and materials up and down the road.

On another note, we can now see the suitability of sharp sand as a better soil for filling in construction works like building foundations. Here a road project is being filled with sharp sand, after removal of the natural clay that was previously on the ground before other works are done. Sharp sand is not easy to compress, even with heavy trucks plying the road for many years to come.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:53am On Nov 21, 2013
You can imagine how chaotic the traffic situation will be with the road construction going on at the same road.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:56am On Nov 21, 2013
And sometimes, vehicles get trapped in the ongoing road, causing further delays.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2013
spyder880: You can imagine how chaotic the traffic situation will be with the road construction going on at the same road.
Welcome to Port Harcourt... the home of traffic jam. Hope you considered the cost you are going to incur as a result of traffic jam in your initial quote. The town could be quite frustrating and one can spend good hours in the traffic as some us have learnt to live with it.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 21, 2013
spyder880: When I looked at the previous level of the foundation, we decided to add another line of blocks to increase the foundation height. This will increase the quantity of filling sand we may use, but I plan to bring in larger loads with bigger trucks to fill this foundation.
Just as I had stated in my previous post that the DPC is low (from my experience in this city)... You are indeed handling this job like a professional and as if it is your house. WELL DONE MY BROTHER.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2013
chibabe3: Just as I had stated in my previous post that the DPC is low (from my experience in this city)... You are indeed handling this job like a professional and as if it is your house. WELL DONE MY BROTHER.

Thank you sister, I always like to put myself in the shoes of my clients, that way I understand their desires more.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
We have started tripping filling sand at this site, barrows kept at the ready to pack the sand into the foundation.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by chinosxl(m): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2013
Oga Spyder, any update?
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
chinosxl: Oga Spyder, any update?

No be small thing o, most truck drivers are afraid of this road. We only managed to get 3 trips in 3 days. No deliveries today after all the promises I got from my friendly truck drivers, the road is bad in many places, plus the road works.

I hope tomorrow will be better as I am adding N2000 on top of each trip to see if this will entice them to move the filling sand for me.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
Maybe it is time for you to buy your own Dump truck oh . . . Show me 4M and i will deliver one Mack for you . . .

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by chinosxl(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
spyder880:

No be small thing o, most truck drivers are afraid of this road. We only managed to get 3 trips in 3 days. No deliveries today after all the promises I got from my friendly truck drivers, the road is bad in many places, plus the road works.

I hope tomorrow will be better as I am adding N2000 on top of each trip to see if this will entice them to move the filling sand for me.

Well done.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by chinosxl(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Fhemmmy: Maybe it is time for you to buy your own Dump truck oh . . . Show me 4M and i will deliver one Mack for you . . .

Oga fhemmmy u talk well. He will need at least 2 Mack trucks. One for P/H projects and the other in Enugu. Good way to supplement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Building A New 6 Bedroom Duplex, A Diary. / A Sample Collection Of Tiles For Your Home / Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.