Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt (40038 Views)

Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures) / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by jeronimo(m): 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am feeling this topic!!!!
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by tushbobo(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
icebeatz: Dont know who designed the building but its n8t creative.

This design is particularly popular in the south east/south south....
Everybody that has made small money seems to own a builsing like that... (including my old folks)... its so distasreful and liveless.

Get creative.

I designed the building based on the client's brief and that's the exact look he wanted.There are so many unseen factors when it comes to design and its not ideal to draw a conclusion based only on what you see.
Someone like Jim Ovia will only ask for a glass box design even if he's spending billions on a building project.People have different tastes and you need to respect that.

2 Likes

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 10:41pm On Nov 11, 2013

Everybody that has made small money seems to own a builsing like that... (including my old folks)...
its so distasreful and liveless.
Get creative.

Should the building have been designed to your personal likeness or the Client's likeness?
The Client love the drawing and that is all that matters.
Your message is senseless and insultive... Think about it.

Hajji Mufutau

3 Likes

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
We are done with all the foundation reinforcements in this site, all the digging is done, we have also sunk all the column bases. We are currently blinding this foundation. Many more pictures of work progress to be shown tomorrow.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
Behind bobo:

I designed the building based on the client's brief and that's the exact look he wanted.There are so many unseen factors when it comes to design and its not ideal to draw a conclusion based only on what you see.
Someone like Jim Ovia will only ask for a glass box design even if he's spending billions on a building project.People have different tastes and you need to respect that.

You did a very good job, you know a very good plan when the builder will not be sweating to bring it out to life. Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by albacete(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
following with all thy might!
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
mr_born_todo_it: Nice one bro, there is a big reward for labour! I like people who work honestly and put smiles on other people's face while at it!! Bravo !!!

What can I say, Thank you.

bijouxcutey: Weldone Mr Spider. I'm following your thread. Thanks for this lovely post. We are praying for this typr of project soonest. And we shall call you! Nairaland,one family.

Be sure I will be interested, Thank you.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
hurricaneChris:

Wow!! Just seen a brother.

I rep umuelegwa onicha!

Oya let's see what spider88 can offer. Wish I wish I cud see him one-on-one, he and I wud av done sometin together.

Ha, we can always work together my brother, and I can work everywhere with good advance arrangement.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ymodulus:
oga spyder.

Please i will like to know whats the distance of your building setback from the fence? Thanks

2.5 meters.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
blackeli: From our estimate and bill of materials, how much do you think it would cost to finish building?

I quoted for N10.9m to complete this house from foundation till the roof is done, this includes all material and labour costs till we finish installing the roofing tiles. It does not include the plastering or doors and windows/tiles etc.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by chinosxl(m): 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2013

Everybody that has made small money seems to own a builsing like that... (including my old folks)... its so distasreful and liveless.

Get creative.

Wanna be architect why don't u get creative a life
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
drnoel: My oga, ardent follower of ur threads. I will contact u soon one on one for something similar. I believe pictures speaks louder than words.

Thank you Sir, waiting for your mail soon.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by tushbobo(m): 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
spyder880:

You did a very good job, you know a very good plan when the builder will not be sweating to bring it out to life. Thank you for this.

No probs brother.I'm certain you'll deliver on schedule while not compromising quality.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
hurricaneChris: Spyder88, I have a potential project at ozuobolu in anambra state (2 units terrace duplex). Have u done a work dia or around dia bfo? Can I use any of ur works in anambra as case study?

Am talking abt foundation depth here.
I knw abt the issue of erosion in some parts of anamabra, hw bad is it?

Hw gud is dia soil bearing capacity?
I will really appreciate answers from u or any enlightened person here.

The truth is that you should consult a competent professional to look at the soil if it has any issues other than the normal ones around you. I have worked around Ozubulu, follow the link below. Hope it helps.
https://www.nairaland.com/756044/royal-duplex-anambra
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Gabrielclint(m): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
gud day skyper,dis is a very nice work u re doing here..please am a civil engnr student 500 level,i did my IT wt arab contractors nd i reside in enugu,currently am just @ home cos of d ASUU strike...i dnt knw if i can join u in ur company,i am good in autocad, Revit nd staad.pro..also gud in site supervision,construction nd quantity survey..can use d level instrument so well ..i dnt knw if u can call on me so i will join u nd gain more experience in site work..thank u..my number is 08060467945
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Gabriel-clint:
gud day skyper,dis is a very nice work u re doing here..please am a civil engnr student 500 level,i did my IT wt arab contractors nd i reside in enugu,currently am just @ home cos of d ASUU strike...i dnt knw if i can join u in ur company,i am good in autocad, Revit nd staad.pro..also gud in site supervision,construction nd quantity survey..can use d level instrument so well ..i dnt knw if u can call on me so i will join u nd gain more experience in site work..thank u..my number is 08060467945

Ok, will keep looking for an opening and then we can see, got up to 5 supervisors now.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by 3joo: 6:38am On Nov 12, 2013
Alo alo
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by 3joo: 6:41am On Nov 12, 2013
Pls I will like to b there to see ur setting out n also learn 1 or e tin. I will b waiting 4 ur replay thank u
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by jamesbridget13(f): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2013
Woke up this morning n checking up this thread. I just love the thread. May be its because i intend building a house someday in few years 2 come by Gods grace
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by luckman20(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2013
Oga spyder the elevation /approach view is good but can you please upload the floor plan? Thanks
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Bgino(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2013
nice job u got there @ops..pls can u be more detailed to some specific points since u got rookies and students following ur thread such as ur cement fine and coarse aggregate mix ratio, the depth and width of ur foundation,the total nunbr of ur columns,are u making use of a concrete mixer or manually done,structural detail of the building at the substructure level atleast,did u do a soil test to determine ur reinforcement to the foundation and then what will be ur plan for the hollow blocks at substructure level,ur dpm and oversite concrete details..etc.pls be more detailed..thank you
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by rajoys: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2013
I am encouraged with the pictures i see and the write up, this is practical entrepreneurship at work. God bless you Spider and keep up the good work. We are learning and we have started thinking outside the box.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by scribe2000(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
Oga Spyder, I observed, with huge admiration, your updates on the projects you are handling. Kudos for the excellent job.

I am about to start work on a 2 storey building with 6 flats of 3 bedroom each somewhere in the southeast. Each room will be en-suite.

Because I am not in the country, I want to get an independent expert opinion on the quotes I received for the completion of the building. I intend to independently verify the estimate before I commit myself to a particular builder.

Can you please give me an idea of what the cost might be to complete the building? Can I send you a private email?

Thanks.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by gtrust: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
scribe2000: Oga Spyder, I observed, with huge admiration, your updates on the projects you are handling. Kudos for the excellent job.

I am about to start work on a 2 storey building with 6 flats of 3 bedroom each somewhere in the southeast. Each room will be en-suite.

Because I am not in the country, I want to get an independent expert opinion on the quotes I received for the completion of the building. I intend to independently verify the estimate before I commit myself to a particular builder.

Can you please give me an idea of what the cost might be to complete the building? Can I send you a private email?

Thanks.

Spyder is doing same right NOW in Enugu and there's a thread showing that live here on nairaland.

If I remember correctly, he mentioned 16 million naira.
Not sure if there're all ensuite though.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
spyder880:

I quoted for N10.9m to complete this house from foundation till the roof is done, this includes all material and labour costs till we finish installing the roofing tiles. It does not include the plastering or doors and windows/tiles etc.
Thanks for the information on the cost of the building as one can work with it and make the required plan. I must say that your quote for the work is quite reasonable but please stay with the design and specifications. A good job will definitely open more and better opportunities for you.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by solelymade: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
following
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Meritgoal(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
spyder880:

We will like to work with you, our company is into stone coated roofing tiles. our product is TILCOR new zealand stone coated steel roofing tiles. It's made of zinc and aluminium, and coated with natural stone granules with fire resistant to suit any weather in the world. call me on 07038092452. email: ak.medular@gmail.com
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Meritgoal(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
scribe2000: Oga Spyder, I observed, with huge admiration, your updates on the projects you are handling. Kudos for the excellent job.

Thanks.
We will like to supply you some materials when you are ready for the project. Such as:
* Stone coated roofing tiles
* Marine plywood
* Security doors
* PVC ceiling
* MDF board
All at affordable price. 07038092452. email: ak.medular@gmail.com
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by scribe2000(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for the information. I must have missed Spyder's thread on the Enugu building. N16m sounds nice and too good to be true because unofficial speculations are putting it to me at between N30 to N40m. Please can more experts in the house comment? Thanks.
gtrust:

Spyder is doing same right NOW in Enugu and there's a thread showing that live here on nairaland.

If I remember correctly, he mentioned 16 million naira.
Not sure if there're all ensuite though.
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by scribe2000(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Noted bro. I'll pass this on to whoever finally wins the contract to do the job. May I just mention that these days, I always give them a free hand on the entire execution (something I never thought was wise). I saw hell in my last project trying to get family and friends to do the supplies and other aspects of the job (because I'm not around). The outcome was terrible. So now, I intend to hire a professional, do my best to approve a verified and reasonable quote, sign a legal contract binding everyone to it, and then hope for the best, with minimal exploitation...lol.

That's why I asked my original question.
Meritgoal: We will like to supply you some materials when you are ready for the project. Such as:
* Stone coated roofing tiles
* Marine plywood
* Security doors
* PVC ceiling
* MDF board
All at affordable price. 07038092452. email: ak.medular@gmail.com
Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
We have completed everything about the foundation excavations, heaps of soil on the places that will form center of rooms while the line of blocks are being treated with thick concrete blinding.

Re: The Building Of The Elegant 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
More pictures of the foundation as we still work on the bases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fire @ Mikano Office, VI: Two Persons Confirmed Dead - Eyewitness (video) / A Sample Collection Of Tiles For Your Home / Building Plan Approval Requirements And Processes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.