Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

"I Love Macmillian Books" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "I Love Macmillian Books" (38923 Views)

The One I Love / The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 10:27pm On May 24, 2012
mawee: AWWW, u guys!!!! dont make me cry. i rememba practically all the books mentioned!!!. so nostalgic!!!

'Edet lives in Calabar,he is 8 years old. every morning he goes to school but i the afternoon he stays at home, his father buys him books from the bookstore, at 4 o'clock his father comes home.his father is a trader, ' cant rememba beyond dis.lol

who remembers Mr Nwosu and his 2 daughters?i rememba mr nwosu holding a big white cock.and his wife cooking rice in the background.

seems like eons ago!!!

I think it goes like this: "Edet is 8 years old, he lives in Calabar with his parents, Mr and Mrs Bassey."

I really miss those novels. There is a chapter in that book that talks about his cousin's, Nene's, wedding.

Who remembers this series that featured Agbo Malaika as the central character? Then, his brother, Mike came home from London after five years. I miss those days a lot.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Heeyhun(f): 12:18am On Sep 22, 2012
kellorah: [move]lol[/move] ''my bk of bible stories. and do u know, till today...i keep asking myself; u c ehhhh, @ d end of it..there's like 2 girls and a boy in d middle or so...and they r reading my bk of bible story...so i'm like...wen they get to that bit where i can c dem, will they b able to c demselves in it u get me!

yeah! it makes me wonder too.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Philipsdael(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mr Nwosu on chrismas day............lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Philipsdael: Mr Nwosu on chrismas day............lolz

Remember this story, where can one get retrieve these books?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by FabioPeter: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2012
Lol! Agbo Malika. I know he had a wrist watch and his parents were rich...for this reason I got a rubber wrist watch for 22 Naira. Fond memories.

3 Likes

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 12:40am On Sep 28, 2012
Fabio Peter: Lol! Agbo Malika. I know he had a wrist watch and his parents were rich...for this reason I got a rubber wrist watch for 22 Naira. Fond memories.

Also, remember the story of his brother,Mike when he returned back from the UK after a five year sojourn? I loved those stories very well.

2 Likes

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by tpia5: 2:15am On Sep 28, 2012
anyone have the covers of these books?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
It's nice that we can look back at our childhood and conclude we had happy memories of it just from reading this textbooks.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by khaady(f): 6:38am On Sep 29, 2012
Macmillan! They are d best publishers i‘ve seen so far.
From Ali n Simbi,Mr and Mrs Salami to “Edet lives in calabar,he is 8 yrs old“ to Emeka,Kunle and Wakama. Oh...! Rose and Gloria,does anyone remember their story of going to the theater and were stormd by rain...?

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Philipsdael(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2012
Here is Agbo Malaika

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 6:15am On Oct 01, 2012
Agbo was sick while taking one of his exams. He contemplated telling the teacher that he was sick, but decided against it, because he felt the teacher would assume he was simply faking and the reason was that he did not know the answers to the questions. When he got home, his mom asked him about the exams and he told him about his illness. She said that he should have told her and she would have told him to stay back. When the results came out, he scored very low and when the teacher inquired, he chalked it up to his previous illness.

Who are the authors of those books? I liked reading them.

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
khaady: Macmillan! They are d best publishers i‘ve seen so far.
From Ali n Simbi,Mr and Mrs Salami to “Edet lives in calabar,he is 8 yrs old“ to Emeka,Kunle and Wakama. Oh...! Rose and Gloria,does anyone remember their story of going to the theater and were stormd by rain...?

Are Rose and Gloria, the story of two friends who got lost while visiting their friend at GRA in PH on a rainy day? While roaming around from directions given to them, by two passersby, their friend called out their names to their relief. I think that's the one.

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Vally2k: 3:42am On Jul 05, 2013
I started reading about Agbo and every other McMillian books from 2000/2001? Primary 2 I believe lol, also Gandoki and Hambama the warrior fighters, Ogubdele and the Leopard or so, Omo and ....., The bird that always asked their mother for more money? Mr sada is farmer, he lives in sapele, he has a big farm and grows pineapple, corn and ? Haha I forgot about them after graduating primary school lol. I came here by searching for "Ralia the sugar girl" and these books has no digital copies we can buy from Play Store or Apple Store, too bad our African publishers hasn't thought about it.

2 Likes

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Vansnickers: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/572402_Simbi_jpgb56a2c4fd828b4a49fab61231c2dc587[/img]

Simbi!! Damn the Euphoria! Those were the good ol days.

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by tpia5: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
They were great.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Nimen(m): 7:22am On Jul 19, 2014
Haba... Where una dey..

Do you all know Ali is no longer a boy but now a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria

Simbi is now a vixen, (see her below)

Do also know that Edet no longer lives in Calabar, but has moved to Canada?

Even Agbo is happily married too and has left the town of Lagoon for London.

Even little Eze no longer goes to School; he's now a medical doctor in one of the biggest hospital in the country.

Mr Salami is now a politician and no more a farmer.

Do you all remember Ralia the Sugar girl? She now owns one of the biggest Sugar factory in Kano.

Even Ade our naughty little brother is now a petrochemical engineer; working in one of the biggest oil company in the country.

Ooh i almost forgot, Mr Ojo is now a honourable of the federal republic of Nigeria and he lives in Apo Quarters.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Gemc3(f): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good old days. . .. When the internet was not a distraction.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by tpiah11: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
great books.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by doublefreez(m): 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
DoubleRevv:
Old roger have dead and go to his grave..that's the English we learnt in school.

Old Roger I command you get up!!!!!!amen. smiley

I sorry for your school tho

Only learnt that from my pairs bcoz i was thought English with Hausa.
Hehehe shocked grin grin
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Chibuhealth(f): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
'Edet lives in Calabar,he is 8 years old. every morning he goes to school but i the afternoon he stays at home, his father buys him books from the bookstore, at 4 o'clock his father comes home.his father is a trader, his younger brother sam. Hello Daddy says Sam, hello daddy saYs Edet ' cant rememba beyond dis.lol... Who can still remember ? The days of macmillian was fun. If you read macmillian click like

4 Likes

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by ehizario2012: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nostalgia!!! The days of Akamu on Saturday morning! Shettima the slave boy, The return of shettima! Bless God for his grace.

2 Likes

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by a1ok(m): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lol...Google search for "tanigororo banigororo" brought me here. Nice one guys...those days were some good times.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by cyclone9ja: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good old days. Sweet memories...
Adventures of Souza, Eze goes to school... those days we'll leave a grain of rice in the middle of the plate after eating Sunday rice while mimicking the picture of in Eze goes to school where Eze ate rice. Good old days of "STELLA POMADE"
Who remembers?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Anoruo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
How did u guys forget.
Lorry driver lorry driver
Will you take me for a ride?
Yes I will take you little man.
Hop on the step and jump inside.
Lorry driver lorry drive.

Minewhile, Edet lives in calabar Google search brought me here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by tpiadotcom: 7:18am On Nov 30, 2015
Anoruo:
How did u guys forget.
Lorry driver lorry driver
Will you take me for a ride?
Yes I will take you little man.
Hop on the step and jump inside.
Lorry driver lorry drive.

that's an Indian movie i think,
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by tck2000(m): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
lol
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by tck2000(m): 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
Right
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by younghartz(m): 12:30am On Apr 15, 2020
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prisoners Of War / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.