Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps (752 Views)

A Must Read: Types Of Slaps / Very Funny Types Of Slaps! Lol! / Best Range Of Slaps By Yoruba Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps by tnature: 2:48am On Oct 12, 2013
Someone wrote the quote below on their Facebook wall. I couldn't help but laugh out loud...it's just too funny! For my fellow Africans who do not understand Yoruba, one of the popular languages in Nigeria, I translated the Yoruba words below. I did my best. Please, for all the Yoruba experts out there, feel free to correct me in your comments below. We want to make sure everyone gets to enjoy it.

Translation:

Igbati = mild slap (on the face)
Ifoti = hard slap
Lesekese = immediately
Igbarun/Igbaju/Iforun = strong backslap
Iladi = strong slap on the butt
Abara = the hardest slap on the back (usually most painful)

Yoruba moms produce the best range of slaps: igbati, ifoti, igbaju, igbarun, ifakun, iforun, ibadi, Abara. These slaps will make you think you were adopted. Igbati will make you correct your wrong lesekese! The beauty of ifoti is you will confess your sins on the spot. Igbarun, igbaju and iforun will make you snitch on all those who committed the crime with you without hesitation. Iladi will make you pee in your new pants! Now Abara is the worst... This will make you do all of the above at once! God bless our parents for the good upbringing!

Dislaimer: Yorubas are not violent and are not child-abusers. Most of them are educated and discipline out of love.

Have a great weekend!

Source
Re: Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps by chukxie(m): 5:51am On Oct 12, 2013
grin grin grin this got me cranking up really hard. My mom used to dish out all of those slaps to me when i was growing up because i was always up to no-good. Her first class slapping techniques could get any mischievous kid in line and they sure got me back in line whenever i was out of line. grin
Re: Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps by tnature: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
chukxie: grin grin grin this got me cranking up really hard. My mom used to dish out all of those slaps to me when i was growing up because i was always up to no-good. Her first class slapping techniques could get any mischievous kid in line and they sure got me back in line whenever i was out of line. grin
hahaha....I feel you on this one.
Re: Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
OP, you missed 'ifakun' - slap on the stomach! grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Wins The Award For The Best Range Of Slaps by tnature: 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
leatherman: OP, you missed 'ifakun' - slap on the stomach! grin grin grin
Hahaha! that one is dangerous. If there are any demon in child, Ifakun will set them straight...lol. It is exclusively reserved for deliverance grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Dryest Joke U Ever Had / Aftermath Of The Glo Caf Award / D Professor And His Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.