Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30131 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2013
back2sender:
I might even stop going to church finally because a lot of truths are been distorted and no more "holiness" ,morality/values ( attitude & dressing modestly) are been preached this days. every thing is money, money and money and competing with the things of the world.
Jesus don talk am say on the last days iniquity go yapka and say HIM dey doubt wether any one go still dey stand for am by the time wey HIM go return ? If you want to be like the five foolish virgins,go ahead for it's ur choice ! But my advise is for you to be wise like the other 5 virgins ! Get more than enough Light(WORD OF GOD)And make the holy spirit so full inside of you(oil for ur lamp)so that you go fit meet with the groom !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 11:20am On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Bidam,you surprised me with this ur answer o ! When i saw the question i just they reason say where the answer dey self becos i know say bible complete and e no contradict itself at all as some people dey make am look today !
Thanks for this insight o becos Jesus no go talk one thing for here come talk another for there ! All of them dey nsync only if we fit spiritually discern am !

God help us

The same Bidam that claims that Jesus is a PHARISEE. What a great bible teacher he is. Praise GOD! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

For using the word command,makes a mess of the grace /Melchizedekal order of tithing ! Was Abraham commanded when he brought this same tithe to Jesus in Genesis ? Was Jacob commanded when he vowed and 'eventually'brought this same tithe to God ? Was there Law then ? Who taught them how to tithe ? No man teaches any man becos it has been written already in our hearts ! We are priests just like Christ yet we pray to God in Jesus name ! Why not pray to God in ur own name since you are a priest like Jesus grin! You make me laugh ,his man ! We tithe to the highest of all the priests who is our Lord Jesus Christ !

God help us
1 quick question. Was melchizedek a priest or a highpriest? 2. Was Abraham a priest?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

For using the word command,makes a mess of the grace /Melchizedekal order of tithing ! Was Abraham commanded when he brought this same tithe to Jesus in Genesis ? Was Jacob commanded when he vowed and 'eventually'brought this same tithe to God ? Was there Law then ? Who taught them how to tithe ? No man teaches any man becos it has been written already in our hearts ! We are priests just like Christ yet we pray to God in Jesus name ! Why not pray to God in ur own name since you are a priest like Jesus grin! You make me laugh ,his man ! We tithe to the highest of all the priests who is our Lord Jesus Christ !

God help us
so in ur undastanding, priests are delegated to collect tithes from priests and then take it to d highpriest, by what means?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Bidam,you surprised me with this ur answer o ! When i saw the question i just they reason say where the answer dey self becos i know say bible complete and e no contradict itself at all as some people dey make am look today !
Thanks for this insight o becos Jesus no go talk one thing for here come talk another for there ! All of them dey nsync only if we fit spiritually discern am !

God help us
My brother..It takes the Holy Ghost o.. grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: so in ur undastanding, priests are delegated to collect tithes from priests and then take it to d highpriest, by what means?
I DON DEY DOUBT UR SPIRITUALITY LONG TIME AGO ! But who am i to judge wey e be say person wey start today can over take some body wey don start some decades back ! How God dey take receive ur offerings,praises,worship and even wen you pray ? Just believe say HIM don hear you and done receive am from you shikenah ! No come dey trouble ur head with why,where,what and how HIM take receive am. Truly i know for sure that if u are not spiritual it is difficult to comprehend. I understand and pardon you for asking How ?

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I DON DEY DOUBT UR SPIRITUALITY LONG TIME AGO ! But who am i to judge wey e be say person wey start today can over take some body wey don start some decades back ! How God dey take receive ur offerings,praises,worship and even wen you pray ? Just believe say HIM don hear you and done receive am from you shikenah ! No come dey trouble ur head with why,where,what and how HIM take receive am. Truly i know for sure that if u are not spiritual it is difficult to comprehend. I understand and pardon you for asking How ?

God help us
ppl salaries don bcome spirit abi? U don cee y we dey call tithe collectors fraudsters?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: 1 quick question. Was melchizedek a priest or a highpriest? 2. Was Abraham a priest?
There are priests and high priests ! Men are priests and high priests as well : Jesus is a priest and also high priest ! The Law had priests and high priests as well. The reason Jesus' kind of priesthood was different from other kinds of Priesthood is just becos HE IS A PRIEST IN THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK ! See below scripture for ur digest :
Hebrew 7:26-28''Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For t[b]he law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness[/b]; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.''
Concerning Abraham bein a priest,i think i should put some lines for you may be you will get the answers from there . See below:
Abraham knew God,spoke with God and also made sacrifices to God ! smiley Who is he ?

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Demain_man:

The same Bidam that claims that Jesus is a PHARISEE. What a great bible teacher he is. Praise GOD! cheesy
So far as you claim.Jesus was under the LAW i will stick to that analogy.Just like there were many sects in Christianity today.There were ONLY 3 sects in Jesus era.

FACT 1:It was after the death and resurrection of Jesus that the sect called THE WAY was formed not before.

FACT2: Jesus couldn't have belonged to the Sadducees and the other because they do not believe in angels and Resurrection from the dead, so the latter called the pharisee sect might be an option.

FACT3: Jesus was at logger-head with the pharisees not because they were custodians of the TORAH, but that they corrupted the mosaic laws teaching as commandments the traditions of men.e.g there is nothing like having TWO high priests in the mosaic laws,there was nothing like chief priests etc.there was also nothing like the washings of hands,plates,cups,there was nothing like corban.All these are tradition the pharisees instituted into the mosaic law.

FACT4: Jesus did not knew scripture as a baby because he was the son of God.That is a fallacy from you guys. He had to learn the TORAH from the Age of 12, He was asking questions at the temple to age 30 which was the hiding years of Jesus.

FACT5:What made the difference between Him and the pharisees was that He was FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST and was able to interpret the Torah accurately to discern the mind,will and purpose of the Father in stark contrast to the pharisees who interpret with their carnal sinful minds to look for gain and to be hypocritical about it.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: ppl salaries don bcome spirit abi? U don cee y we dey call tithe collectors fraudsters?
How come na only tithe you see for there,you no see offerings ? Abi you too no dey give offering wen you go church ? My praises,worship and thanksgiving to God comes in different kinds but we for sure do colabo which is called TEHILLA ! The use of all forms of praise including tithes and offerings to praise and thank God !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Rhymeyjohn:
Error and Heresy. Waiting for other anti tither to support this claim. Matt 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves .
KJV

..and who told you am a prophet? that's the 'koko' of your problem; inability to properly assess a situation or issue smiley there is no way people like you will understand why they tithe smiley i know for fact that your tithing is not because you love God angry

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: So far as you claim.Jesus was under the LAW i will stick to that analogy.Just like there were many sects in Christianity today.There were ONLY 3 sects in Jesus era.

FACT 1:It was after the death and resurrection of Jesus that the sect called THE WAY was formed not before.

FACT2: Jesus couldn't have belonged to the Sadducees and the other because they do not believe in angels and Resurrection from the dead, so the latter called the pharisee sect might be an option.

FACT3: Jesus was at logger-head with the pharisees not because they were custodians of the TORAH, but that they corrupted the mosaic laws teaching as commandments the traditions of men.e.g there is nothing like having TWO high priests in the mosaic laws,there was nothing like chief priests etc.there was also nothing like the washings of hands,plates,cups,there was nothing like corban.All these are tradition the pharisees instituted into the mosaic law.

FACT4: Jesus did not knew scripture as a baby because he was the son of God.That is a fallacy from you guys. He had to learn the TORAH from the Age of 12, He was asking questions at the temple to age 30 which was the hiding years of Jesus.

FACT5:What made the difference between Him and the pharisees was that He was FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST and was able to interpret the Torah accurately to discern the mind,will and purpose of the Father in stark contrast to the pharisees who interpret with their carnal sinful minds to look for gain and to be hypocritical about it.

Why is it so difficult for you pastors to say 'I was wrong on something'? Is it because you want your mugus to see you as assistants GOD?

Even someone was comparing TITHE with playing musical instrument in the worship of GOD. Wait until you reach heaven or you dey see as people dey enjoy there from hell grin you will see better drums and pianos in heaven!!!

OK, here is an analogy for you sir, SHOW ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE GOD SAY MAKE WE SELF-SERVICE. No wonder one 'Man in suit' said it is not a sin!!

TITHE is a fraudlent practice. The bubble will eventually burst if not by this generation of Nigerians, definitely our children and their children will query it due to increased wisdom and knowledge and the muguness will stop.

Pastors are taking Nigerians for a ride big time. The more the churches, the more the suffering, Where is the 'I will open the window of blessings' that they use to catch the gullible in order to chop their money?

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

..and who told you am a prophet? that's the 'koko' of your problem; inability to properly assess a situation or issue smiley there is no way people like you will understand why they tithe smiley i know for fact that your tithing is not because you love God angry
I have seen one God and holy spirit who knows all things ! You only know urself and can speak forurself and any other who employs or needs ur services ! If Christ say we should tithe,how come you are here trying to kill urself over what isn't for you ? Tithing is for the spiritually carried and Not for all ! If you can't tithe and don't want to,you can as well keep it in ur pocket or bans !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
Demain_man:

Why is it so difficult for you pastors to say 'I was wrong on something'? Is it because you want your mugus to see you as assistants GOD?

Even someone was comparing TITHE with playing musical instrument in the worship of GOD. Wait until you reach heaven or you dey see as people dey enjoy there from hell grin you will see better drums and pianos in heaven!!!

OK, here is an analogy for you sir, SHOW ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE GOD SAY MAKE WE SELF-SERVICE. No wonder one 'Man in suit' said it is not a sin!!

TITHE is a fraudlent practice. The bubble will eventually burst if not by this generation of Nigerians, definitely our children and their children will query it due to increased wisdom and knowledge and the muguness will stop.

Pastors are taking Nigerians for a ride big time. The more the churches, the more the suffering, Where is the 'I will open the window of blessings' that they use to catch the gullible in order to chop their money?

Do you think the issue of wether to tithe or not to tithe started today ? If that's what you think,you are wrong bro ! You know the issue of wether to put on trouser or not to put on trouser didn't start today,but at the end,where does it leave us? Some put it on and the others still say no and we all are still Christians ! People who tithe will tithe with better understanding after all these ur argument and God will appreciate them the more for doing just that ! God will not stop blessing his church;the pastors inclusive ! Come to think of it,the levetical order of tithing even limit tithers hence the admonition by Paul for us to tithe the Melchizedekal way !-Tithing out of Love to show appreciation to God for what HE is doing in our lives ! The pastors profess and confess the word of God regarding blessings unto us(body of Christ) and we ahve been sein it for real ! But if you are yet to be blessed man demain,just wait,be patient,be faithful for ur own time is coming !
God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam:
This is not the point the poster was making,everyone one knows it is God who receives tithes,

..and where did you see God receiving tithe. which tithe? you wan lie for God matter be this o!

Bidam:
Even if it was once scripture gave a record[b],it shows in that passage it wasn't the first time he met Melchi[/b] because Abraham was not so surprised.Abraham even collected communion and ate it..Is that not surprising?

that one mean say Melchizedek na 'homeboy' na. i.e. he is not Jesus.

Bidam:
I strongly believe Isaac must have practiced tithing even if scripture did not gave such record of event.

who received Isaac's tithe? maybe via burnt offering abi? meaning its not compulsory t give the tenth to the priest. BTW Isaac will have to go to war to tithe, remember?

Bidam:
Another point that should be taken into consideration is that the names Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can be all found in the New Testament. All three men are mentioned by name multiple times in the New Testament. Abraham's name, for example, appears more than 170 times in the New Testament. Jacob's name is mentioned more than 20 times and Isaac's name more than 15 times.

So

Bidam:
Most of you folks that are crying foul about 10%, what if God decide to ask you for 100% would you gladly give it? Abraham did give his 100% in form of Isaac whom he loved.Abeg i no talk am here say make una go kill una first born o..zikkyy i know you can twist this statement to mean another thing grin The point is David said i won't give God what will not cost me.Now the point is peeps like kun who thinks 10% is fraud that enriches the pastors,when 100% case is brought forward now..wetin you think say KUN go do? KUN will develop a STROKE grin

The issue is not the amount. whether 10, 20 or 100%, what am saying is that pastor do the right thing by preaching the truth. The truth is that Christians are under no obligation to give a tenth of their income/salary/profit/allowances (pocket money) e.t.c. setting threshold or %es for Christians is contrary to teachings we find in scriptures. If at this time you still think our concern the amount of money involved, then discussing with you is a waste of time.

Bidam:
Now i don't have problem with peeps giving 20'30'40'50'60'70'80'90 and 100% according to how God prospered them.Let the benchmark of your giving be from 10% upwards and that shows you love God with the whole of your heart no be so?

Who decides the lower threshold for giving? who decided that it should be 10%? God or man? and who decides that the love for God starts at 10%?

Bidam:
Love for God is not an emotion because no one has seen God.

we know yours is not an emotional thing. for you, love for God is strictly business.

Bidam:
Love for God is how the word of God has dwell richly in your heart and how you are able to apply this word to do His will. Here is a scripture for all you guys to meditate on.......

forget the scripture you quoting, am not sure you even understand it. @bolded, love for you is about the money/how to make the money grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Demain_man:

Oyakhilome never asked you to self service ! You hear one thing and interpret it to mean another ! Hear well and admonish well !
If you dnt undersatnd what he was trying to say,go and rewatch the video or you ask people to explain if you find it difficult to understand sayings!

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

There are priests and high priests ! Men are priests and high priests as well : Jesus is a priest and also high priest ! The Law had priests and high priests as well. The reason Jesus' kind of priesthood was different from other kinds of Priesthood is just becos HE IS A PRIEST IN THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK ! See below scripture for ur digest :
Hebrew 7:26-28''Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For t[b]he law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness[/b]; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.''
Concerning Abraham bein a priest,i think i should put some lines for you may be you will get the answers from there . See below:
Abraham knew God,spoke with God and also made sacrifices to God ! smiley Who is he ?

God help us
bros, pls, was melchi a priest or a highpriest? 2. Was Abraham a priest? Pls if u 2n nt answer, say so. God bless..
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

forget the scripture you quoting, am not sure you even understand it. @bolded, love for you is about the money/how to make the money grin
You hate money yet you can not stop working,hustling and asking people to assist you financially !
Bein wealthy is not all about the gospel but you can't successfully carry out the great commission without God providing these cash to assist ur work with HIM in the ministry ! Some steal the cash but God sure gives it to HIS chosen !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

How come na only tithe you see for there,you no see offerings ? Abi you too no dey give offering wen you go church ? My praises,worship and thanksgiving to God comes in different kinds but we for sure do colabo which is called TEHILLA ! The use of all forms of praise including tithes and offerings to praise and thank God !

God help us
see fraud everywhere, u dey do colabo with who? Pensiön fund scammers or oil subsidy thieves? Just like dat army thief gave sm of his loot to winners, colabo indeed.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: see fraud everywhere, u dey do colabo with who? Pensiön fund scammers or oil subsidy thieves? Just like dat army thief gave sm of his loot to winners, colabo indeed.
See how you just dey call people thieves all over the places ! No body steal ur money and no man take ur name lie. Even if men dey lie concerning tithes and offerings,na in the name of God and not ur name. Why calling people thieves ? God go ask you o

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Demain_man:

What has these got to do with the post you quoted? SMH!!
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

See how you just dey call people thieves all over the places ! No body steal ur money and no man take ur name lie. Even if men dey lie concerning tithes and offerings,na in the name of God and not ur name. Why calling people thieves ? God go ask you o

God help us
i'm even lenient, Jesus, floged n drove their ancestors away. How far bros? Sm questions are still hanging o- 1. Was melchi a priest or a highpriest? 2. Was Abram a priest? God bless sir.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: What has these got to do with the post you quoted? SMH!!

Go and research who a pharisee was and then come back and let us know if you still belief that Jesus is a Pharisee.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: i'm even lenient, Jesus, floged n drove their ancestors away. How far bros? Sm questions are still hanging o- 1. Was melchi a priest or a highpriest? 2. Was Abram a priest? God bless sir.
Jesus did that becos they wanted to destroy his body(Church) no be building o. We are not the head but also the body of Chrsit. It's only the head can do that which Jesus did and na only one head we get wey be JESUS !
Regarding ur questions,i hav answered it long ago.See below answer wey even the daftest of the spiritually dull wouldn't need any explanation on the below:

Abraham knew God,spoke with God and also made sacrifices to God ! wink You have know who Abraham was now right ?

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

..and where did you see God receiving tithe. which tithe? you wan lie for God matter be this o!

that one mean say Melchizedek na 'homeboy' na. i.e. he is not Jesus.

who received Isaac's tithe? maybe via burnt offering abi? meaning its not compulsory t give the tenth to the priest. BTW Isaac will have to go to war to tithe, remember?

So

The issue is not the amount. whether 10, 20 or 100%, what am saying is that pastor do the right thing by preaching the truth. The truth is that Christians are under no obligation to give a tenth of their income/salary/profit/allowances (pocket money) e.t.c. setting threshold or %es for Christians is contrary to teachings we find in scriptures. If at this time you still think our concern the amount of money involved, then discussing with you is a waste of time.

Who decides the lower threshold for giving? who decided that it should be 10%? God or man? and who decides that the love for God starts at 10%?

we know yours is not an emotional thing. for you, love for God is strictly business.

I am not an advocate of tithing as a command.I have said so many times in this forum that Christians ought to tithe by FAITH.

Let me summarize my own understanding of the tithes so people like you,kun and christemmbassy won't start saying things i NEVER said in this forum.

The first instance of tithing that we see occurs very early in the scriptures. Genesis 14:20 we see Abraham tithing the things he had been given to the high priest Melchizedek. This is verified in Hebrews 7:2 where we see Abraham gave a tenth of everything. This is the first example of giving a tenth of everything.You are of the argument that it was a one-off tithe and a war booty. I was of the argument that you can appreciate God for what He has blessed you with in principle Heck!! there are principle we could emulate in Genesis 2:24 on marriage.

We do not find a command to tithe until Leviticus 27:30-32. This is what the Lord spoke to Moses for the people to follow. The tithe is also found commanded in Deuteronomy 14:22-28. Thus, throughout the old law, the Hebrews were to keep the tithe.Now my argument here is that tithe was instituted by God and regulated under the law. Do you agree?

We see Jesus refer to the tithe in Matthew 23:23. The Pharisees would enforce the tithe upon the people and upon themselves, but had no regard for other elements of the law like justice, mercy, and faith. For this they were condemned. It is interesting that Jesus does not condemn them for tithing, but for not doing the other things of the law as well as tithing.My argument here is that the principle drawn from Jesus words is that we should concentrate on building godly character. GIVINGS should be the least of that character because it is the life-style of a believer.Do you also agree?

But Hebrews 10:9-10 tells us that we are sanctified by the second covenant, not the first covenant, for the first covenant has been taken away. Do we have a command under the second covenant to tithe?
i don't think so neither do we have the command NOT TO TITHE. This is the question begging for answers which so far you guys have failed in convincing me that tithe should not be voluntary for Christians as the Holy Spirit instructs a believer.We have the laws written in our hearts remember?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Are you new in Christianity ! Who do you give ur offerings to when you go to church ?

My 'offering' is for 'church' maintenance

m.k.o2005:

Do you burn it becos Abraham,Isaac and Jacob burnt theirs ? God help us. We give our tithe To God as we do with our offerings !

I asked for the lesson learnt and you are saying something else. If Jacob burnt his tithe, it means there was no intermediary. He gave directly to God. How do you give your tithe to God like Jacob?
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

What you should have asked me was who received Jacob's tithe after all Melchizedek was not bodily present when he(Jacob)vowed to tithe !
What God does with our tithe does not concern us ! All we need is just give it ! What did God do with Jacob's tithe if i may ask you ? What will God do with ur offerings,praises,worship and thanksgiving ? Stop asking questions as if you are an atheist-Just do for God like the little kids would do !

Lol! all i wanted was for you to tell me who Abbie tithed to since you say he disappeared after collecting the war boot.y. Here you are telling me i don't need to know what God does with our tithe. Anyways also answer my question on how you give the tithe directly to God.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

My 'offering' is for 'church' maintenance

I asked for the lesson learnt and you are saying something else. If Jacob burnt his tithe, it means there was no intermediary. He gave directly to God. How do you give give your tithe to God like Jacob?
Why didn't you give your offerings like Jacob ? See how spirituall matters dey elude Christians smh ! Since ur offering is now gor church maintenance, why don't you believe that ur tithe is also for church maintenance(paying of church bills,staff,crusade,conventions,missions,helping the less privileges and so on as the list can go on and on and on ?When you give offerings in the house of the Lord,it's not to man but to God.HE alone decides what HE does with ur offerings becos it's not urs but HIS. Or do you think wen God want's to maintain his church he COMES down from heaven or throws money down from heaven for church maintenance ? Or don't you know that even that ur offering can be used for personal maintenance oda than church maintenance ? Or will you say becos it was used for the former oda than the later that you will no longer give ? Reason with me bro !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol! all i wanted was for you to tell me who Abbie tithed to since you say he disappeared after collecting the war boot.y. Here you are telling me i don't need to know what God does with our tithe. Anyways also answer my question on how you give the tithe directly to God.
If you tithe to Christ,who do you expect HIM to tithe to ? Abraham tithed to Melchizedek (Jesus)who can decide to do what ever pleases HIM with the tithe ! Since the bible never said anything concerning what HE did with the tithe,he does what ever pleases HIM with our tithes ! It's possible HE gave it out having presented it before HIS father God Almighty !
To tithe to God is presenting it in HIS presence via his earthly representatives with heart full of thanks and praises out of Love to show appreciation for what HE has done and still doing in ur life ! It's like ur offerings and other seeds like the sacrifices of praise ! He does what pleases HIM with ur tithe. Don't drop ur tithe in the tithe box and stare at it all the way as it's taken in for counting grin ! The tithe might be rejected by God but sure may be used by men !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Bein wealthy is not all about the gospel but you can't successfully carry out the great commission without God providing these cash to assist ur work with HIM in the ministry !

you are not tithing to support the gospel, stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

you are not tithing to support the gospel, stop deceiving yourself.
How come you are the one telling every one the reason they tithe ? Since you say i am not tithing to support the work of God,then i should say i tithe becos i wan to support the work of the devil

God help us

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
^ maybe he wants you to give him the money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

10 Ways To Enjoy Christmas When You Are Broke / Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.