Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? (21428 Views)

The Proper Way Of Wearing The Hijab. / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class / A Non-muslimah's Experience Under The Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 6:07am On Nov 02, 2013
talk2me006:

Mr man!
If the princess of morrocco or others does not wear hijab, then it means they are not obeying the teaches of islam. This does not hold the facts that the hijab is not compulsory..

Many muslims are not practising muslim. A true muslim will always abide to islam teaching.
Hope you get that?

Hijab is not compulsory.....you are not Arab or more muslim than the Queen of Jordan or the princess of Morroco. You'll find out that it is the poor ones and Africans that carry this hijab.burkha thing like it will carry them to heaven
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 02, 2013
Oga go sleep oo, solve bigger problem of disunity in islam, poverty, Muslim killing Muslim etc. na hijab be your problem. jobless macho
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2013
May Allah bless you & your household for this important aspect of Islamic Law.
This post is so crucial not only to the female muslims, but to us (male counterparts), in aiding the command of Allah.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by tunshe: 9:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Hijab is not compulsory.....you are not Arab or more muslim than the Queen of Jordan or the princess of Morroco. You'll find out that it is the poor ones and Africans that carry this hijab.burkha thing like it will carry them to heaven

I smell breasttmilk, go back to mummy cos u are still hungry.

Simply because the queen and princess are not using Hijab, all Muslimah must follow?

That is the problem with non Muslims, using the action of few to judge Islam. It's Hypocrisy!

Since you are a young lad, let me inform you that life of a Muslim is governed by the Quran and Sunnah not what individuals do.

The use of Hijab is a function of level of Faith, those you quoted are still struggling between their self desire and Islamic injunction.

Logicbwoy, you can't teach us Islam. Learn your religion, understand the falsehood and revert to Islam.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by tunshe: 9:06am On Nov 02, 2013
kennylawal: Oga go sleep oo, solve bigger problem of disunity in islam, poverty, Muslim killing Muslim etc. na hijab be your problem. jobless macho

* There is no disunity in Islam what we have is deviation. People were misled and follow their self desires.

* Poverty is not a function of Religion

* people killing people because a Muslim will never kill a fellow Muslim.

Use of hijab is important in Islam and we are proud to discuss it.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by efilefun(m): 9:39am On Nov 02, 2013
To those against the hijab (mostly the christians here) why do female christians cover their hair b4 prayers even during the era of prophet isa (jesus)women do cover them selves up... @least dos movies were not shot by muslims. May Almighty Allah accept our good deeds as an act of ibadah.

PS: no disunity in islam, as a muslim I can boldly perform my solat in any mosque unlike those beefing islam, who can't attend celestial church cuz they are from a deeperlife family....
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by babylolaroy(f): 10:02am On Nov 02, 2013
i dont think there is any picture of Mary the mother of jesus where she is not covered in hijab. Just like the pictures of jesus himself where he has full beards
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by dyfatai(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2013
Msgamble: 1 peter 3-4 is nt talking abt dressing lyk ninja buh lyk vs 1 'wife shld be submisive to their husband'..1 Cor 11:6 say in vs 5 that 'head should b covered when praying n prophesing' nt on d street..1 Cor 6:19 is saying 'we should stay away from sin cos Holy Spirit dwell in us' nt wearing hijab..u qoute out of misconception n ignorance..Mother Mary wearing sumtin lyk hijab further butress my notion that it part of their culture in arabian desert..wearing hijab is arab n persian way of dressing against dust nt for u in temperate region(don't b fooled,sister)
y are u so blockheaded?? Ive read noth less dan 5 posts explaining 2 u d@ its nt an imbibed culture but d injuctions of Allah. But u are so bent on advertising ur ignorance. Face ur religion, open a thread and advice ur women 2 wear bikinis 2 church but dont venture in2 wot u dont know. HIJAB is an ORDER FRM GOD. If u still comment after dis, den i will know d@ truely truely u are cruising in satan's Hummer jeep.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Okeikpu(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2013
I fink men r suppose wearing hijaab also... If i may ask, did God create.. women in other to hide dem under blanket?? Common guys... Women r not dat stupid lyke before wink
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Msgamble: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
tunshe:

Olodo! If you can cover your head in the presence of God while praying, what stops you on the street? Or is God not with you? Or you can't pray silently while on the street? Or you need to expose your head for satan since you are on the street?

Mary is an Arab? You are confused jare!

He who knows not that he knows not is a ........
am nt suprised by ur level of reasoning since u follow sheikh lies,d verse which i prove it as a lie as we are nt told to dress lyk ninja on street,market, u're nw bitter.. Mary an arab? Am sure u didn't do geography or mayb u went to quranic schl, i says it is their culture in arabain desert(which include arabs,jews,persian,assyrian) even pagan there wore hijab against dust, learn geography..don't be fooled by 'arab culture embedded faith'
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Msgamble: 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
efilefun: To those against the hijab (mostly the christians here) why do female christians cover their hair b4 prayers even during the era of prophet isa (jesus)women do cover them selves up... @least dos movies were not shot by muslims. May Almighty Allah accept our good deeds as an act of ibadah.

PS: no disunity in islam, as a muslim I can boldly perform my solat in any mosque unlike those beefing islam, who can't attend celestial church cuz they are from a deeperlife family....
why do women cover head during era of Christ(nt 'isa' ur Mo formulatiön)? It as already been said that women cover head during praying n prophesing nt on street or market..no disunity in islam? Visit presstv.ir n see what they(shia) av to say abt sunni n saudis as takfiris, n if u pray among shia while standing ur hand is on ur belly nt their by d waist, then u'll feel lyk alien
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by macof(m): 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
Islamic laws are Arab traditions.

Mohammed and his followers and other Arabs that became muslims shouldn't have spread their religion to other parts of the world.

Islam is a modification of Arab paganism.

And the Arabs have forgotten all about their original religion. That's ok tho because Islam is still all about Arabs.

I don't see why a non-Arab should be a Muslim.

All you Africans, especially my Yoruba brothers are being slaves to the Arabs.
Can't you worship God in the Yoruba way? Is Ifa Orisha not for us?
Why do we Africans live like this? sad
I weep for African muslims, Africa is indeed a continent of slaves and monkeys
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
tunshe:

I smell breasttmilk, go back to mummy cos u are still hungry.

Simply because the queen and princess are not using Hijab, all Muslimah must follow?

That is the problem with non Muslims, using the action of few to judge Islam. It's Hypocrisy!

Since you are a young lad, let me inform you that life of a Muslim is governed by the Quran and Sunnah not what individuals do.

The use of Hijab is a function of level of Faith, those you quoted are still struggling between their self desire and Islamic injunction.

Logicbwoy, you can't teach us Islam. Learn your religion, understand the falsehood and revert to Islam.

What makes you think that the Queen hasnt read the quran? Or that I have not read it?

Where in the Quran is it said that the Hijab or Burkha is compulsory or that it will make you holier?

Abeg shift, and stop the breast milk talk.....that is just wrong....
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by tunshe: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
macof: Islamic laws are Arab traditions.

Mohammed and his followers and other Arabs that became muslims shouldn't have spread their religion to other parts of the world.

And the Arabs have forgotten all about their original religion. That's ok tho because Islam is still all about Arabs.

Bro, did you drink snake poison? 67.5% Alcohol?

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by tunshe: 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

What makes you think that the Queen hasnt read the quran? Or that I have not read it?

Where in the Quran is it said that the Hijab or Burkha is compulsory or that it will make you holier?

Stop using the queen to represent Islam and it's obvious you nothing about Islam.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
tunshe:

Stop using the queen to represent Islam and it's obvious you nothing about Islam.

Nice try....unfortunately, it is clear that I'm right about the Quran...it doesnt make the hijab compulsory.

The queen doesnt represent islam. Yes, but for me, she is a very good visual aid to point out certain hypocrisies...

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mintayo:
hear allah? How do you hear allah?how does he speaaks to you?

Through the Qur'an! I surprised at this quantum display of ignorance

2 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
macof: Islamic laws are Arab traditions.

u sound like a slave of African paganism, if u like African culture so much why write in english? Or r u also a slave of the white man? FYI, the Qur'an repeatedly condemn arab paganism, so how does a religion that opposed arab paganism in many respect simply became a reformation of it? I believe u should weep for yourself as only a fool would want to practice a religion that a few people actually understand its secrets etc, u also weep for those twins sacrificed for no sensible reasons, or the people who continue to fall victim of ritual killings, yes and also weep for the endless superstitious beliefs paganism. Entreched in African.

Allah does not guide the haughty!

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
vedaxcool:

u sound like a slave of African paganism, if u like African culture so much why write in english? Or r u also a slave of the white man? FYI, the Qur'an repeatedly condemn arab paganism, so how does a religion that opposed arab paganism in many respect simply became a reformation of it? I believe u should weep for yourself as only a fool would want to practice a religion that a few people actually understand its secrets etc, u also weep for those twins sacrificed for no sensible reasons, or the people who continue to fall victim of ritual killings, yes and also weep for the endless superstitious beliefs paganism. Entreched in African.

Allah does not guide the haughty!

Islam in fact, copied many things from other religions like Judaism which copied from pagan religions.

Moses was a Jew who used Jewish scriptures and lived with Jews. Yet, Moses is supposed to be a muslim prophet. How is this not copying?
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by babylolaroy(f): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
vedaxcool:

Through the Qur'an! I surprised at this quantum display of ignorance
dnt be surprised, quran has described dem as people who cant perceive
..fahum laa ya'kilun
..fahum laa yubsirun

we should expect any show of idiocy
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ameenahz(f): 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Sorry sir, you are wrong. Here:

An-Nur(24) vs 31

...And say to the faithful women to
lower their gazes, and to guard their
private parts, and not to display their
beauty except what is apparent of it,
and to extend their headcoverings
(khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their
beauty except to their husbands, or
their fathers, or their husband's
fathers, or their sons, or their
husband's sons, or their brothers, or
their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what
their right hands rule (slaves), or the
followers from the men who do not
feel sexual desire, or the small
children to whom the unclothedness of
women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so
as to make known what they hide of
their adornments. And turn in
repentance to Allah together, O you
the faithful, in order that you are
successful

An-Nur(24) vs 60

And as for women past childbearing who
do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on
them if they discard their (outer) clothing
in such a way as not to show their
adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to
discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allaah is All‑Hearer,
All‑Knower”

Al-Ahzab(33) vs 59

O Prophet! Say to your wives and
your daughters and the women of
the faithful to draw their
outergarments (jilbabs) all over
themselves; that is better that they
will be recognized and not assaulted. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

I hope you believe it isnt just Arab cultur now.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Willybos(m): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nonsens
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by babylolaroy(f): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Willybos: Nonsens
like the whole of your existence!!
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Anvaller: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
@OP I beg to disagree with you. U can not categorically state that a woman who doesn't wear hijab is committing a sin or will go to hell. Now u have quoted 2 verses from 2 surahs and u went ahead and said it was explicitly ordered. Well Alfa, nothing is explicit about the order of Hijab in the quoted verses. Did u not read it?

Do u want to know what is explicit? What is explicit in those verses is that women should cover their modesty, they should wear clothes "garments" that cover their bosoms. Now we all know what bosom is. And what is also clear is that there is an exception, "except the parts that are apparent thereof" so which part of a woman can reveal the beauty of a woman apparently? The face, the hair, the arms and the legs (if she has beautiful arms and legs)

Now what does hijab cover? Hijab covers the hair, some parts of the face and it may or may not cover the arms and the legs. Correlate that with what is in the Quran, i.e to draw garment over the body and a part of the body "bosom" was particularly mentioned. So any Muslim woman who wears clothes from any parts of the world, from any culture that sufficiently covers her body, not exposing the bosom, the buttocks and the upper parts of their legs have kept to instructions of the revelation. Nothing in this verses implies that women should cover their hair or their faces because those are the apparent parts of their body that may be inconvenient to cover hence the reason for the given exception. If u object to this point, that means u are objecting to the exception in the verse. The Quran is expected to be read and understood in totality, not to absorb a part and ignore the other.

Any Muslim woman who wants to wear hijab can wear it but u should stop imposing it as if it is obligatory for all Muslim women. What is obligatory is to dress modestly and not expose ur "vital" body parts or clothes that are too tight on you. What I expect from this kind of teaching from Alfas like u is teach women on the importance of dressing modestly, and what God says about dressing modestly, that is the bottom line.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
ameenahz:

Sorry sir, you are wrong. Here:

An-Nur(24) vs 31

...And say to the faithful women to
lower their gazes, and to guard their
private parts, and not to display their
beauty except what is apparent of it,
and to extend their headcoverings
(khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their
beauty except to their husbands, or
their fathers, or their husband's
fathers, or their sons, or their
husband's sons, or their brothers, or
their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what
their right hands rule (slaves), or the
followers from the men who do not
feel sexual desire, or the small
children to whom the unclothedness of
women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so
as to make known what they hide of
their adornments. And turn in
repentance to Allah together, O you
the faithful, in order that you are
successful

An-Nur(24) vs 60

And as for women past childbearing who
do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on
them if they discard their (outer) clothing
in such a way as not to show their
adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to
discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allaah is All‑Hearer,
All‑Knower”

Al-Ahzab(33) vs 59

O Prophet! Say to your wives and
your daughters and the women of
the faithful to draw their
outergarments (jilbabs) all over
themselves; that is better that they
will be recognized and not assaulted. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

I hope you believe it isnt just Arab cultur now.

Apparently, some dubious cleric explains the Quran to you and you accept without reading it for yourself.

1) First verse you put up says
-lower your gaze
-cover your bosoms and private parts
-show only your beauty to your husbands and close male relatives.

This verse does not mention hijab or burkha and neither does it tell one to cover her face. "Beauty" is not a part of the body......it could be any part of the body. It could be even metaphorical.

2) Second verse you put up says;
-it is okay for women who arent interested in marrying to remove their garment

3) Third verse says
-bring down your outer garment so that you will be recognized but not abused? This verse had so many funny translations that its meaning is not straightforward some Qurans (Yusuf Ali or Pickthall) claim it is when you're abroad that a woman should do it

Sorry, if Allah wanted the Burkah or Hijab or Niqaab compulsory, Allah would have said so clearly as in the case of alcohol where its non-consumption is compulsory

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Mooxy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
Babadeen: Is the hijab now by force?

Why do you have to call a woman's choice of not wearing the hijab an "excuse"

[img]http://2.bp..com/_cIUNPAo_V54/SMS1MLZfHHI/AAAAAAAABVM/CTNqq5aADeY/s400/HRHSalma.jpg[/img]

The queen of Jordan and princess of Morroco. Tell them that their choice not to wear the hijab is a silly excuse.

Hijab is not by force, but it's a duty of every muslim to admonish people whenever they stray from the right path. And if there's a way we can draw their (the princesses) attention for not hijabbing their bodies we'll not hesitate to do so!
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mooxy:

Hijab is not by force, but it's a duty of every muslim to admonish people whenever they stray from the right path. And if there's a way we can draw their (the princesses) attention for not hijabbing their bodies we'll not hesitate to do so!

Hijab is not by force but you want to admonish non-hijabi women because they stay from the right path?

Do you know the meaning of contradiction?

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ameenahz(f): 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Apparently, some dubious cleric explains the Quran to you and you accept without reading it for yourself.

1) First verse you put up says
-lower your gaze
-cover your bosoms and private parts
-show only your beauty to your husbands and close male relatives.

This verse does not mention hijab or burkha and neither does it tell one to cover her face. "Beauty" is not a part of the body......it could be any part of the body. It could be even metaphorical.

2) Second verse you put up says;
-it is okay for women who arent interested in marrying to remove their garment

3) Third verse says
-bring down your outer garment so that you will be recognized but not abused? This verse had so many funny translations that its meaning is not straightforward some Qurans (Yusuf Ali or Pickthall) claim it is when you're abroad that a woman should do it

Sorry, if Allah wanted the Burkah or Hijab or Niqaab compulsory, Allah would have said so clearly as in the case of alcohol where its non-consumption is compulsory

Chei, na wa o! You asked for verses, i brought them. Now you are bringing out another 'problem' from it.

Anyways, again sir, you are wrong. In my case, no cleric shoved anything down my throat. I read my Qur'an, the tafsir and did what was right.
You obviously read the verses with a biased, un-open mind. Now re-read...

......'extend their head covering (khimar) over their bossoms'......

.......'Draw your outer-garment or cloak 'jilbaab' all over your body....

2) The second verse i quoted didnt say 'women' who are not interested in marriage. It said 'women past childbearing age', in other words, women who can no longer have children or who do not expect wedlock or menopausal women
And it is not 'some Qur'aans'. It is some Qur'an translators.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by babylolaroy(f): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
aminah, sugbon yu sef geh plenty time o...haha. shey illogicboi fe lo hijab ni
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ameenahz(f): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
babylolaroy: aminah, sugbon yu sef geh plenty time o...haha. shey illogicboi fe lo hijab ni

not like i really have plenty time. I'm just trying my best to help him understand.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by macof(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
tunshe:

Bro, did you drink snake poison? 67.5% Alcohol?
No I drink non of those, but I think you do.

Take my comment seriously.

Any non-arab (am particular about Yoruba people) who worships and practices Islamic laws is a mental slave and foolish bastard.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Mooxy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Hijab is not by force but you want to admonish non-hijabi women because they stay from the right path?

Do you know the meaning of contradiction?

Please revisit my comment again. I used the word 'STRAY' not 'STAY'. That's english for you, a single word can render a whole sentence an entirely different meaning.

In fact, it's a slap on my face to say "they stay from the right path". What I wrote was " STRAY from the right path". Perhaps, you need some sleep, huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ramadan Fasting; Saudi Arabia Announces Date For Commencement / Fast Of One Who Had Wet Dream And Ejaculated After Waking Up / 7 Beautiful Pearls Which Make A Wife Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.