Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608440 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Its that time again when we have to create part5 of this thread, part4 has reached 443 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part4 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
@chirgo I did my medicals @ asaju clinic... Does it means my medicals has been confirmed And please... Kindly answer my questions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hey guys... I got a call from the embassy just now... They said I should make a year tuition and accommodation fees.
So, my question is;
1. Since I will be resuming by january, does the one year means January - April alone?
2. Since I was not asked to make payment during my medical call-up because, I did my medicals 4th of October and submitted my passport back to VFS on 7th, does this call means my medical result has been confirmed??.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
....We open this thread in the name of the father, the son , the holy spirit....Thousands of goodnews shall spring forth from this part 5...God will favour us all....I pray....God bless u Justwise.....

32 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
rilly2000: @chirgo I did my medicals @ asaju clinic... Does it means my medicals has been confirmed And please... Kindly answer my questions
....Rilly2000...ur medics has been confirmed...no need to panic biko...they are only notifying u that ur TRV is about to be stamped on a condition to pay ur full 1yr tuition and accomodation for ur 1yr stay in canada...thats the normal thing they do...please contact ur school regarding this....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Glad that part 5 is finally here. May God bless all our efforts and crown it with glory. I know I will testify just like others that succeeded in part 4. Let us all not lose hope, the fight continues....God is on our side! cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
ChriGo: ....We open this thread in the name of the father, the son , the holy spirit....Thousands of goodnews shall spring forth from this part 5...God will favour us all....I pray....God bless u Justwise.....

Amen Amen Amen

In this tread will I announce that I have gotten my TRV for Fall 2014m...
In JESUS NAME
Amen

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
ChriGo: ....Rilly2000...ur medics has been confirmed...no need to panic biko...they are only notifying u that ur TRV is about to be stamped on a condition to pay ur full 1yr tuition and accomodation for ur 1yr stay in canada...thats the normal thing they do...please contact ur school regarding this....

@chrigo ... Thanks bro... But please..., my school is University of Saskatchewan, so, since I will be resuming by january, I'm only allowed to apply for January - apric courses (term 2). So, is that 1 year tutition gonna be the term 2 fees alone....??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
rilly2000:

@chrigo ... Thanks bro... But please..., my school is University of Saskatchewan, so, since I will be resuming by january, I'm only allowed to apply for January - apric courses (term 2). So, is that 1 year tutition gonna be the term 2 fees alone....??
...Nice... Pay the one year bro...U can leave the remaining money in ur student acct...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Oh Lord...I made it to part 5.....From 2-5...... Dancing SKELEWU on TransCanada HWY...lol

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
rilly2000:

pay for the 2 terms (1year).... usask would only deduct the money due for the first term n hold the remaining in your student account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
Siga: ...Nice... Pay the one year bro...U can leave the remaining money in ur student acct...

Thanks baba @siga... But, what about the accommodation, the only offer the school gave me is January to April..., and they only request me to pay $550 deposit... So, what will I do about that now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
@earthgreeneers
You have been a source of motivation to me.
I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

pay for the 2 terms (1year).... usask would only deduct the money due for the first term n hold the remaining in your student account

Thanks @earthgreeners... Any clue to my second question too... About the accommodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
It is well...

May God bless our heart desires in this part 5

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
rilly2000: Thanks baba @siga... But, what about the accommodation, the only offer the school gave me is January to April..., and they only request me to pay $550 deposit... So, what will I do about that now?

You have three(3) tested and trusted options

1) Send the money for your first year accommodation along with your tuition fee into your student account (usask would issue you a receipt which covers both tuition and accommodation). you might decide to collect the money when u get to the school

2) Pay the deposit of $550, and submit the receipt plus a letter to inform them you have successfully secured on campus accommodation.

3) Write a letter to the embassy informing them you don't plan to stay on campus, and needed to be on ground to finalize arrangement for off campus accommodation.... include a page from the schools website that warn u not to pay until u are on ground
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
make me too register for part 5 na.. How una dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

You have three(3) tested and trusted options

1) Send the money for your first year accommodation along with your tuition fee into your student account (usask would issue you a receipt which covers both tuition and accommodation). you might decide to collect the money when u get to the school

2) Pay the deposit of $550, and submit the receipt plus a letter to inform them you have successfully secured on campus accommodation.

3) Write a letter to the embassy informing them you don't plan to stay on campus, and needed to be on ground to finalize arrangement for off campus accommodation.... include a page from the schools website that warn u not to pay until u are on ground

Okay... Thanks @earthgreeners
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tolyem(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
It is a joyous pronouncement that I am witnessing the PART 5 of this enviable forum, I pray that everyone here and others to come witness & experience good tesmonies IJN.

I also pray for my divine testimony to come speedily in the early part of this PART 5 through the divine works of GOD. Wishing all TRV & Medical awaitees a successful results IJN for we are born to be great.

Onye oma: It is well...

May God bless our heart desires in this part 5

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
sampitts: make me too register for part 5 na.. How una dey?

At this point, I presume you have booked your flight and getting set to fly .... Bros plz buy most of the things you need in Nigeria...Cloths, footwear (including boots, all star, palm, snickers, shoe), mobile phone (please don't do contract) and food stuffs wey go last u till u get used to the system here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidinmaaa: 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
rilly2000:

Thanks @earthgreeners... Any clue to my second question too... About the accommodation?

Why not send a mail to d school and tell them wat CHDC told.they will direct u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
@ rilly2000, please what requirement did you submit for application into University of Saskatchewan, was it graduate admission

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidinmaaa: Why not send a mail to d school and tell them wat CHDC told.they will direct u

The school would most likely advise him on option 1 (as stated above)....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
May we all get called for our meds and trvs in this thread. And for the new comers may you get wisdom to know online is the true way!!
Please I don't want to hear any paper again undecided

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
detolaa: @ rilly2000, please what requirement did you submit for application into University of Saskatchewan, was it graduate admission

For Grad admission into university of Saskatchewan, u need to submit

1) Two Official transcripts
2) 2 Recommendations
3) Statement of Research interest or letter of intent
4) Application fees ($75)
5) Degree Certificate

For detailed info please visit www.usask.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Meanwhile, I asked about the new yellow card.
FG has introduced a new yellow card and for those who have old ones need to change to d new one. Does anyone have experience with that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
detolaa: @ rilly2000, please what requirement did you submit for application into University of Saskatchewan, was it graduate admission

Noo... Its an undergraduate programme.
And I submitted,
My original waec result,
My original birth certificate
And an unused waec scratch card for the school to confirm the result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidinmaaa:

Why not send a mail to d school and tell them wat CHDC told.they will direct u
thanks @chidinmaaa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
clusterphobia: May we all get called for our meds and trvs in this thread. And for the new comers may you get wisdom to know online is the true way!! Please I don't want to hear any paper again :-

Remember to inform people to submit the right documents... keep it short, complete and simple.... either online or paper..The real deal is the packaging.. its only the level of patience that differs..... u knw what I mean??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
@earthgreeners.... ur dept dey on strike ni... been awhile u comment like this ooo... grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
clusterphobia: Meanwhile, I asked about the new yellow card.
FG has introduced a new yellow card and for those who have old ones need to change to d new one. Does anyone have experience with that?

Sorry please.. What Yellow card? it used to be rectangular, them wan change am to circle?.. and is FG the name of the referee for the Ethiopia vs Nigeria match?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
Siga: @earthgreeners.... ur dept dey on strike ni... been awhile u comment like this ooo... grin

Big Bro, no mind me... I dey observe.... Na assignments ....time difference is anoda hitch... I gat breathing space today cos of Thanksgiving hols on Monday (No class, Yipeeeeee)

RESPECT SIR....... hows work, life n family?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.