Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608201 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I should state or apply afresh??
U r stil applying fresh by in ur form u wil ve to tick dat uv been refused visa bfor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 9:29am On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:

Are you using paper route?

Back then i use paper route, but now using online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 9:31am On Jul 25, 2014
sashafierce:
U r stil applying fresh by in ur form u wil ve to tick dat uv been refused visa bfor

Ok. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Never said he should lie! Whatever rocks his boat. and what false hope did I give? Did you read what I wrote at all?
Hmmmmmm im sure if u dint state otherwise no one wud ve sed anyfin. So may b nxt time u try to send a clear message
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2014
sashafierce:
Hmmmmmm im sure if u dint state otherwise no one wud ve sed anyfin. So may b nxt time u try to send a clear message

You guyz should drop this nd move on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Back then i use paper route, but now using online.

Have you tried to enter the digits and the space provided did not take it all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mtxatx: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2014
justicia: . Thanks a lot mehn. I tried Dalhousie for Masters for this september but I was not given admission. Well as u said, I will try to package my application well when I apply to other schools,although I have been searchn for other schools since buh there entry GP is what scares me, they are always saying B+ and that's a 2.1 whn u calculate it. Do u have any particular school in mind. Am still searchn though.

yeah 2.1 is B+ which is actually the minimum.. like i said, u need to add other things u have got along with your transcript, like certifications, work experience etc.

lemme share my experience, if u can learn a few thing
the first time i tried Dalhousie for masters, i got declined... i studied Engineering Physics as BSC and ever since graduation, i diverted into I.T. so i always wanted to do a master program related to computer or I.T
so on my first attempt to Dalhousie, i applied for masters in Computer science. i just sent my transcript and other basic things i got declined. i then went to their website and called the program coordinator and he was friendly to let me know that apart from my GP, the main reason was because i didn't not do enough computer course during my BSC and i had a lot of program deficiencies to qualify. and i told him i had few computer certifications from Microsoft and Cisco to back up my transcript to show i have some background in I.T ,, and he said i could have attached it and see if i will still get a chance during review. but it might not be enough because admission is usually based on GPA courses not certificates . so i learnt a few things,,.

Then i tried to apply again just after a month. I then learn about another Masters program (Internetworking) which is more I.T so i went to the program website and made some inquiries before applying. I called the program coordinator and explained my situation ( i read physics bla bla bla).. initially he told me that i don't have enough background in computer since i read Physics .. i then explained i had certifications and training in I.T field.. He then told me that he is not the one that reviews that its up to the graduate committee to decide.. But i can give it a try .
so i applied, i included all my certifications and training documents, CV along with my transcript when sending my package..

After like 2 months, i didn't hear anything so i called the coordinator again. each time i called it was his Secretary i usually spoke to and she always said they're still reviewing my application ... i kept on calling for weeks till i was able to talk to the coordinator again and he seemed to still remember me, i told him i had applied. while on the phone, he told his secretary to confirm if my application is with her and after she confirmed. He told me he will personally look into my case and i will hear from them..

after days he told although i had not met the requirement but from my certifications, he can tell i have a good background in I.T .. He told me to write a Cover letter about my work experience and send to him. which i did. (i had only worked months sef but i wrote an attractive cover letter)
Days later, he told me i quote "Based on a combination of my GP , certifications and work experience, he would recommend my application to Graduate studies" and it is now up to them to decide..
and i thanked him and waited

A month later, Graduate studies emailed me that my application has been approved..

So you really have to try hard if you want to get a direct masters with 2.2 .. and always try to talk to the department. call the coordinator, they are always willing to talk to you if they are less busy . i remember calling several times, i got into voice-mail but i persisted.
so hope u learn a few things from my experience. just combine other things related to your course with your application

Good Luck

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Like seriously.....dude such advice are not offered here...asylum..hmmm ooo
Face wat is facing u. He or she has d right to ask questions n if u dnt deem fit to answer let whoeva wishes to answer answer. U cant judge any1 wifout walking in deir shoes. If he/she has a genuine reason to seek asylum its none of our busines. Whoeva wishes to advise wil advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2014
sashafierce:

Noted!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2014
tianadiva: All manitobans can i see thumbs up

thumbs up!
manitobans ahoy!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

You guyz should drop this nd move on.

Bro, the UCI is usually on the denial letter. That's where I got mine, I filled it and declared my refusal. It would really increase your credibility.

The one u talking about -- does it contain 'letters' if yes, I think you should ignore the letters and input the nos.

Success!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2014
Blink6

How far now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:

Have you tried to enter the digits and the space provided did not take it all?

Ofcourse i have. It can only take 8 but i hv 10 digits
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Ofcourse i have. It can only take 8 but i hv 10 digits

Type the first 8 digits and if it allows that then that is all is needed, if its alphanumerical then ignore the letters and use the numbers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2014
sashafierce:
Face wat is facing u. He or she has d right to ask questions n if u dnt deem fit to answer let whoeva wishes to answer answer. U cant judge any1 wifout walking in deir shoes. If he/she has a genuine reason to seek asylum its none of our busines. Whoeva wishes to advise wil advise

Seems u hv control issues right?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Noted!
Aii kool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello house,

Please, can u help me with a sponsorship draft letter. My sponsor asked me to go and write d letter and bring it to him to sign. Plz u can send it to my email "holuwoley@icloud.com"

This is the only document delaying d submission of my application.

Kindly help your brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:

Type the first 8 digits and if it allows that then that is all is needed, if its alphanumerical then ignore the letters and use the numbers.

Ok thanks bro....will keep u inform
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2014
Does anybody know if liquid soap is allowed while checking in?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2014
cronsberg: Hey guys, can anyone with experience guide me on how to seek for asylum in canada. I can source for the money to take me there, i plan to apply for a tourist visa that will sponsor myself(i hope the who is your sponsor question will not arise when i tell them am sponsoring myself). Plus am currently unemployed so how do i explain how i can afford the trip and that i can sustain myself. I plan on getting the money by selling a piece of land i own. Another thing is that i have been abroad before so my passport is not virgin(maybe that will assure them that i will come back ones my visa expires and not hide or something) plus i actually have a genuine reason to seek for asylum. So how do i go about it guys. Or if you have any suggestion of countries that are welcoming of asylum seekers

Morning.

Would you be so kind to tell us this reason? That may be of help.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 10:15am On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica: Does anybody know if liquid soap is allowed while checking in?
Not in ur hand luggage.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 10:16am On Jul 25, 2014

Yes

If it's in you checked in luggage.

No, if it's in your carry-on hand luggage.

Wàpa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2014
I just enjoy when the more experienced people argue here, it's fun to read and the thing I notice is that they hardly throw jibes at each other it's a good thing grin

#wasjustpassingbyeoh# grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2014
toucheli my oga for. Manitoba hafa that area na? Abeg how I go do accommodation things?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2014
sashafierce:
Not in ur hand luggage.

Thanks, amor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2014
ElCapt:

Yes

If it's in you checked in luggage.

No, if it's in your carry-on hand luggage.

Wàpa.

Thanks, captain!

When you exing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2014

Anytin liquid run from it..if u can.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2014
tokiniofficial: I just enjoy when the more experienced people argue here, it's fun to read and the thing I notice is that they hardly throw jibes at each other it's a good thing grin

#wasjustpassingbyeoh# grin

Hey you! Kneel down there! angry

Shey you no go go pick your VISA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mykel12: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Sent you a mail...Thanks man[/color][color=#006600]
parisbluefox: bigstan4u@yahoo.com

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Anytin liquid run from it..

Not that liquid nah! It's murky.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Hey you! Kneel down there! angry

Shey you no go go pick your VISA?

Make e dey with VFS abeg for now
But imagine if bird do u dis tin tongue wink grin

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2014
gud mornin NL team, for medicals, is it a general consensus that Asaju is the clinic that transmits quickest?
I reside in Abuja and we have just one hospital and they claim it takes max of 10 days.
anyone with a better experience?
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.