Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (607639 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
earthgreeners:
you are not expected to know...olobe
hahaha, na olobe they connect with olebe..you want trow stone for market?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Congrats
benzema: Trv chopped on friday grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DFodio(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
Congrats bro. Where you heading to.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by benzema: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Slimdel: Congrats
Thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by benzema: 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
DFodio: Congrats bro. Where you heading to.
U of ottawa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
benzema:
U of ottawa

Which session?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Congrats on your 1st, but that's just a start. Like someone said, it's okay to apply to schools with awesome ranking. But don't limit yourself..grab any opportunity you have to get into the system.Also check your pocket in case, because scholarships are very competitive.Note that Rankings have several parameters, which include reputation, funding, research and age.So the rank of a University does not necessarily tell you whether they train well or not.This means that it all bothers on your ability because all the schools in Canada train students well and that's because they're properly regulated by respective provinces due to Federation structure of the country.An average Student of Ife may as well beat a graduate of British Columbia if given the same environment.I strongly recommend MUN out of the two, for obvious reasons.But then, apply to any school you want... Just get in bro!
Bother about ranking when you're in.Cheers.
nnannaidoko: Pls I am new to this thread. I hv a first class in microbiology and I want to apply for a master program in microbiology or biology at two out of University of Victoria Mcgill annd MUN for fall 2015/2016 session. Pls which two schools should I choose out of these, and is it advisable to start contacting professors right now?. Pls I need all the suggestions I can get. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by benzema: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Which session?
fall 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Congrats bro. Way to go! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
benzema:
fall 2014

Waoo thats cool.. Which course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
earthgreeners:

4icu is a web based ranking..... The correct ranking for .ca is McCleans & Timeshighereducation

Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2014

Congrats! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jijola: Congrats on your 1st, but that's just a start. Like someone said, it's okay to apply to schools with awesome ranking. But don't limit yourself..grab any opportunity you have to get into the system.Also check your pocket in case, because scholarships are very competitive.Note that Rankings have several parameters, which includes reputation, funding, research and age.So the rank of a University does not necessarily tell you whether they train well or not.This means that it all bothers down to your ability because all the schools in Canada train students well and that's because they're properly regulated by respective provinces due to Federation structure of the country.An average Student of Ife may as well beat a graduate of British Columbia if given the same environment.I strongly recommend MUN out of the two, for obvious reasons.But then, apply to any school you want... Just get in bro!
Bother about ranking when you're in.Cheers.

Actually it's boils grin
You learn these things in McGill (No 2 in canada and 21 in the world) hehehehe

#trolling
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
chrisviral:

Actually it's boils grin

#trolling

It might be auto-correct or his mind skipped it..

Since you understand his post then it's no prob

Cheers! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Amefrica:

Cheers! cheesy

Bia you looking for trouble ni?
grin I no call you.

Oya cheers too! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
chrisviral:

Bia you looking for trouble ni?
grin I no call you.

Oya cheers too! grin

LOL!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Oh, thanks.My bad.Sure you know errors are easier when typing via phone on social media.Bothers on or boils down to..whatever. I'm sure he got the point, Mcgill boy! wink
chrisviral:

Actually it's boils grin

#trolling
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks jare...that's obvious. But then, maybe I'll appoint him my proofreader...to edit all my social media posts grin.
Amefrica:

Cheers! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mr Benzema, congratulations to you!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Asalyn: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello guys...am a graduate of biochemistry with a second class upper, I av always wanted to a have Msc in pharmacy but I was told to forget it by an agent that I should go for sumtin related to my course which I did, I applied to uni of western Ontario but I was denied for dz fall intake, So I decided to try again wiv anoda skul, so I put in for medical microbiology against winter in Unimanitoba....dz is my ques, should I wait for manitoba decision which is in 6months tym because of supervisor availability or juz go wiv advance diploma in biotechnology?...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jijola: Oh, thanks.My bad.Sure you know errors are easier when typing via phone on social media.Bothers on or boils down on..whatever. I'm sure he got the point, Mcgill boy! wink

Hehehehe I was looking for drama grin
Seems it gets this page moving fast, I really need to get to part 6 to retrieve all my post and likes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hehehe...U don miss road. I don't give drama easily, not on trivialities such as mixing up verb phrases while dropping a comment.But thanks anyway, shows you're meticulous. I'm not so meticulous on social media cos it's not meant for that.You'd pass for a proofreader. cheesy
chrisviral:

Hehehehe I was looking for drama grin
Seems it gets this page moving fast, I really need to get to part 6 to retrieve all my post and likes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jijola: Hehehe...U don miss road. I don't give drama easily, not on trivialities such as mixing up verb phrases while dropping a comment.But thanks anyway, shows you're meticulous. I'm not so meticulous on social media cos it's not meant for that.You'd pass for a proofreader. cheesy

Actually jobs like that are for the Msc and PhD holders in colleges and Universities, you can give it to them.
I have only my SSCE grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
....Nna...shey all dem Lambton college peeps coming dis September don vanish on this thread?....Una never enter Lambton, una don Vanish like mess grin....if una come enter Lambton nko?...Hian!!!.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
Maybe your 'SSCE' is proficient enough, you're eagle-eyed on typographical errors. Won't be suprised if you announce that you complete a Post-doc in Typography nextyear with your supposed 'SSCE.' grin
chrisviral:

Actually jobs like that are for the Msc and PhD holders in colleges and Universities, you can give it to them.
I have only my SSCE grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
Been wondering... Is there no downloadable application for nairaland? Sorry if the question sounds too trivial, just not very good with IT.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jijola: Maybe your 'SSCE' is proficient enough, you're eagle-eyed on typographical errors. Won't be suprised if you announce that you complete a Post-doc in Typography nextyear with your supposed 'SSCE.' grin

grin I see no Drama is going to come out from you... bye!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Asalyn: Hello guys...am a graduate of biochemistry with a second class upper, I av always wanted to a have Msc in pharmacy but I was told to forget it by an agent that I should go for sumtin related to my course which I did, I applied to uni of western Ontario but I was denied for dz fall intake, So I decided to try again wiv anoda skul, so I put in for medical microbiology against winter in Unimanitoba....dz is my ques, should I wait for manitoba decision which is in 6months tym because of supervisor availability or juz go wiv advance diploma in biotechnology?...Thanks
....In as much as i would advice you look across at lease 4-5 universities offering Msc pharmacy....since most Uni's require official copy of transcript....applying for transcript in Naija Uni aint no joke at all especially for my sch wia you'll have to wait for 10yrs before getting out a single transcript grin....its kinda stressful.....i would advice you look into colleges... Ontario colleges to be precise... all they need is a scanned copy of your transcript....Its much easier and faster than Uni's admission where you have to grow grey hair before getting response......It all depends on you....If you wan wait upon the Lord for Uni's admission then i wish you all the best grin....as for me na college sure pass and no time for time wastage biko.....Can't believe 2 semester's about to go by just like that....Ball's in ur court brava...... Ontario colleges http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp .....check it out....advance diploma in biotechnology aint bad as well.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jijola: Thanks jare...that's obvious. But then, maybe I'll appoint him my proofreader...to edit all my social media posts grin.

grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Asalyn: Hello guys...am a graduate of biochemistry with a second class upper, I av always wanted to a have Msc in pharmacy but I was told to forget it by an agent that I should go for sumtin related to my course which I did, I applied to uni of western Ontario but I was denied for dz fall intake, So I decided to try again wiv anoda skul, so I put in for medical microbiology against winter in Unimanitoba....dz is my ques, should I wait for manitoba decision which is in 6months tym because of supervisor availability or juz go wiv advance diploma in biotechnology?...Thanks

Hey

For advanced diploma in biotechnology, which school and what start date(s)?

If it's this fall, to get the visa processed on time before resumption is slim. Aside that, you already have a Bsc. so going for a diploma course will be hard tale to convince the V.O (not impossible).

So I guess either way, waiting on manitoba seems to be the way.
You can apply to 2 other schools just incase.

I'm sure more advice will come from others.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2014

/////
Forward ever bro....unless u wanna do something like pgd in biotech...pls focus on the medical microbiology or other related courses.

My opinion though!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jijola: Been wondering... Is there no downloadable application for nairaland? Sorry if the question sounds too trivial, just not very good with IT.

There is but I'm not sure if it still exists. Ask Justwise!

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.