Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (26357 Views)

Nairaland Educatn Section End Of The Year Party Planning Thread / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hello all,

fynestboi:

The moderators of this section have decided to introduce an annual debate competition session as a way of raising the intellectual value of the section and further developing the writing proficient of students...

fynestboi:
DEBATERS
All candidate interested in the debate would drop their names then a date would be fix for final submission of their speech either for or against based on the topic,
there after best two out of the speech based on the judges proficient ascertion would be crown the winner ...

Note: Debaters will be arrived at through voluntary indication of interest and/or nomination by members (not more than 10)

how would the debater be chosen?
Through nominations and voluntary expression of interest.

fynestboi:
TOPIC
The topic shall be drawn from contemporary educational issues or any other topical issue. As much as possible...

Can we suggest topics too?

Yeah, free to suggest topics, and if passes consensus and scrutiny, will be considered the topic for the month

fynestboi:

COORDINATORS
The Mods shall be coordinators and will not be part of the panel of judges.

JUDGES
fynestboi:
we shall have our judges that would decide the best out of the debate write ups..
Selection of judges would be via nomination...

Now to start with let have your view, and nomination of our judges nomination of mods as judges from other section is allowed.....

We need just 8 judges....

DATES

JUDGES nomination/final selection[Start 12th-14th..

DEBATERS [interested candidate who write down their names between 18th -20th

TOPICS: suggestion and selection of topics 15-17th.

DISPLAY of names of
judges
debaters
topic..
Would be display on 22nd...
Debater would be given a week to prepare their speech between[23rd-30th]

Note:the debate thread proper on the 30th will make frontpage

TIMELINE: 30th (grand-finale)
6PM-7PM
A new thread for the debate proper shall be opened on the 25th october, where the rules, brief Nairaland citation of debaters, list of judges, shall be posted.

The thread will then be locked till 5 minutes to start of debate when the coordinators shall declare the debate open.

The debaters can then post their arguments within 20 minutes.

Then, the debaters will be given another 20 minutes to take on one another, fault opponents arguments etc.

Then another 15 minutes for judges to throw their questions at each of the debaters and debaters to respond.

Then we shall take 1 question from audience(viewers) based on first post, first recognized basis. Note that the viewer/audience rep is only to ask question and not endorse/fault an argument

While the debate is going on, any comment other than from debaters, coordinators and judges shall be hidden and the poster risks 2 hours ban from Education section.

When it's time to take a question from 1 viewer/audience, the coordinator will announce.

7pm-8:30pm (The judges will compile their results and email to the coordinators, who will aggregate and announce the results on the thread.)

WiNNER: name of the winner would be annouce on that same date [30th]
by 9:00pm

Chief COORDINATOR
OLAWALEBABS...

Coordinators

Richiez
Fynestboi
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
thread to be open by 8pm..

Stay tune...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gallery opens.. 8:00pm

Now to start with let have your view, and nomination of our judges nomination of mods as judges from other section is allowed.....

We need just 8 judges....

Nomination and selection of JUDGES to startS now and ends on
monday14TH OCTOBER

just the name of the forumites/mods you think is capbable of been our judge...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
*peeps through*
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by ademipeju(f): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
would the mod agree to this if i nominate?

nominating mynd44 (he is one of my admirer here on NL)
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
I nominate uj_sizzle (she's one of my .........on NL) #Lobatan
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by ademipeju(f): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
i dont really know if it is possible for me to nominate another person?

then that would be Humblebygrace
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Humblebygrace? Not here
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by ademipeju(f): 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
Anuoluwap: Humblebygrace? Not here
what is this one saying undecided are you the one to decide that undecided
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
ademipeju: what is this one saying undecided are you the one to decide that undecided
you see the nick ryt? Is that how you communicate?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
let have more nominess most especially forumites....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by DesChyko1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
Nominate Afam4eva.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Only mods get mouth for NL. Lol
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ure only nominating..... Av u informed the person u nominated? If yes!!! Let him or her come nd confirm his or her participation here!!! Datzall ... Mr moderator! U can tnK me later...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Tommybob: Ure only nominating..... Av u informed the person u nominated? If yes!!! Let him or her come nd confirm his or her participation here!!! Datzall ... Mr moderator! U can tnK me later...
trust me just leave that to me...

Na who you wan nominate...
?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Aliciakeys(f): 12:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Fynestboi: trust me just leave that to me...

Na who you wan nominate...
?
Attah Ojoma all de way..
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 12:32am On Oct 13, 2013
Aliciakeys:
Attah Ojoma all de way..
are you nominating her as a judge or what?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2013
nomination of judges continua

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by olalerey(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2013
I tink d mods ar in d best position to b d judges bt if i wil nominate..

then i nominate MESOPOTAMIA
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by ademipeju(f): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Anuoluwap:
you see the nick ryt? Is that how you communicate?
dohhhh tongue
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by ademipeju(f): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2013
olalerey: I tink d mods ar in d best position to b d judges bt if i wil nominate..

yes you are right i suggest we make it all mod judges, then the participant can be we landers.....

So nominate a mod.. wink
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Tolexander: 7:30am On Oct 13, 2013
Oh jarus, this is where we need you most. well!

HumbledBYgrace
obinoscopy
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by tIce(m): 7:31am On Oct 13, 2013
I fit nominate my-self as MOD?...

Ahhh sorry JUDGE?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledBYgrace not on this one.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2013
ademipeju: dohhhh tongue
smh
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Anuoluwap(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2013
ademipeju: dohhhh tongue
& close-up is only N20 Y didn't you make use of it?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2013
olalerey: I tink d mods ar in d best position to b d judges bt if i wil nominate..

then i nominate MESOPOTAMIA
seconded..i also nominate MESOPOTAMIA
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by quivah(f): 9:53am On Oct 13, 2013
errrmmm I gat question ooo.

Is the topic gonna be based on EDUCATION and related issues or just any random ish??@finest

I nominate mynd44..btw.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 9:55am On Oct 13, 2013
quivah:
Is the topic gonna be based on EDUCATION and related issues or just any random ish??@finest

both Education and random issues.... Thats gonna be a general view when the time comes...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 10:06am On Oct 13, 2013
T.ice:
I fit nominate my-self as MOD?...

Ahhh sorry JUDGE?
yes you can
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by SEYIKP(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2013
I nominate myself has one of the judge
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Vivly(f): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2013
What about the debaters. Are they to be nominated?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Police Disrupt AAUA Students' Protest; Shoots Sporadically (Graphic Photos) / Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike / Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.