Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant (8654 Views)

3 Men Ride From Bauchi To Sokoto To Honour Governor-elect / Bauchi To Begin Work On 120MW Yankari Power Plant / Bauchi To Spend N7.9billion On Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by awodman: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
The Bauchi state government has concluded
arrangements with a Chinese firm to
construct a 140 megawatts state independent
power plant.

Briefing journalists in Abuja, the state governor,
Alhaji Isa Yuguda explained that the project will
cost $201m and will be completed in nine months.

Governor Yuguda added that the Chinese EXIM
bank is providing the funds, which the state will
pay back over a period of twenty five years.

The federal government has provided a sovereign
guarantee for the project.

The governor added that sixty per cent of the
power generated from the plant will be delivered to
the national grid while the remaining 40 per cent
will be distributed within the state.

It will be recalled that governor Isa Yuguda
sometime in February this year expressed optimism
that an Independent Power Plant, IPP, would soon
be established in the state.

Yuguda, who was in the delegation led by the
Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Nweala which
visited China, said the trip would soon yield positive
dividends as the proposed IPP would be built in the
state.

He stated that discussions were held with a
Chinese Engineering Corporation,to build the
power plant.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/12/bauchi-to-build-140-mw-plant-for-power-supply/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by BabaAlabi: 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wow...Imagine if 20 Naija states had a 140 mw power plant...Corruption don do this country bad thing sha.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
140 megawatts to be built at $201 million. $201 million is equals to N32 billion.

If we divide N32 billion by 140 megawatts we'll get N230 million per megawatt.

Can we compare the N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus the N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? Who will deliver Lagos from the thieving duo of Tinubu and Fashola? What sins did Lagosians commit to warrant this mindless rapiing of their resources? Who will deliver my brothers and sisters in Lagos?

25 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: 140 megawatts to be built at $201 million. $201 million is equals to N32 billion.

Can we compare the N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus the N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? Who will deliver Lagos from the thieving duo of Tinubu and Fashola? What sins did Lagosians commit to warrant this mindless raping of their resources? Who will deliver my brothers and sisters in Lagos?

What is this long-winded nonsense you are trying to deceive others with? 140MW produced at $201 million is $1.44 million per MW. The Oando delivery is 10.34MW IPP built for N3.2 billion or $20 million. This gives $1.93 million per MW. Aside the fact both cost fall within an acceptable range (up to as much as $4 million per MW) and that many legitimate factors (fuel type for example) can vary construction cost, you would have to be illiterate not to know that economies of scale in power generation alone can account for the difference seen.

Ask the clever guys here , like Standing5, to explain the concept of economies of scale in power generation to you since I have no inclination to waste time on the sort of ignorance that leads you to utter the m0r0nic 'one size fit all' notion that cost per MW should be same for all projects everywhere, with all fuel type and for all MW overall output. You say you are a medical doctor yet you do not appear to be even decent at thinking critically or effectively. I pity anyone you 'treat'.

20 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by gregg2: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
This Gbawe, This Gbawe, This Gbawe, This Gbawe, This Gbawe
Why are you like this sef?

On another thread, you had to dig up internet archives all in attempt to defend the thieving duo of Fashola and Tinubu for an obviously dubious scam of just 10MW Plant being built at 3.2 billion naira. Those rogues you are sticking your neck to defend will even be laughing at your ignorance of what transpired. It's annoying. Stop trying to justify such huge difference. See, those FG power plants that are a little above 200million per MW also included a staff quarters and schools since some are a distance away from the cities. I doubt that Fashola also built a staff quarters for his 10MW plant that is meant to power just Alausa secretariat.

12 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

What is this long-winded nonsense you are trying to deceive others with? 140MW produced at £201 million is $1.44 million per MW. The Oando delivery is 10.34MW IPP built for N3.2 billion or $20 million. This gives $1.93 million per MW. Aside the fact both cost fall within an acceptable range (up to as much as $4 million per MW) and that many legitimate factors (fuel type for example) can vary construction cost, you would have to be illiterate not to know that economies of scale in power generation alone can account for the difference seen. You say you are a medical doctor yet you do not appear to be even decent at thinking critically or effectively. I pity anyone you 'treat'.
Liar! What I can see in the report is $201 million (not £201 million). And please do the calculations in our currency (naira) so people can appreciate the ONGOING looting spree in Lagos and other APC controlled states.

8 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
There is a huge difference between $201 million (N32 billion) and £201 million (N52 billion). But I dont blame @Gbawe. With the mindless looting that is taking place even as we speak in APC controlled states, who would be surprised if people like Gbawe mistake N52 billion for N32 billion and vice versa?

6 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Liar! What I can see in the report is $201 million (not £201 million). And please do the calculations in our currency (naira) so people can appreciate the ONGOING looting spree in Lagos and other APC controlled states.

Typo m0r0n. You are so 'thick'. A "Doctor' who sucks badly at basic manipulation of figures. Go back and see my post you quoted. Is $201 divided by 140 MW not $1.4 million per MW as I correctly calculated? If I had meant £201 million then my MW per million dollars would reflect this olodo. I.e £201 million becomes $320.77 million giving a rate of approximately $2.3 per MW. The correct $million per MW rate I calculated for both projects indicate you have no point yet are desperately, as usual, trying to hold on to pedantism as your ignorance and poor thinking is exposed.

Alos, whether I work in Naira or dollars will not cure your mumuism in relation to the substantive issue. Clever folks know that comparison is still efficiently and easily discerned once MW per million (whether in Naira or dollars) is made in the same currency for both projects. You're actually worthless as a sycophant because of your dull thinking. I will wait for some more clever folks, with the patience to attempt educating a hopeless case like you, to show up and make more sense of things for you.

8 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by lagosph: 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

What is this long-winded nonsense you are trying to deceive others with? 140MW produced at $201 million is $1.44 million per MW. The Oando delivery is 10.34MW IPP built for N3.2 billion or $20 million. This gives $1.93 million per MW. Aside the fact both cost fall within an acceptable range (up to as much as $4 million per MW) and that many legitimate factors (fuel type for example) can vary construction cost, you would have to be illiterate not to know that economies of scale in power generation alone can account for the difference seen.

Ask the clever guys here , like Standing5, to explain the concept of economies of scale in power generation to you since I have no inclination to wastetime on the sort of ignorance that leads you to utter the m0r0nic 'one size fit all' notion that cost per MW should be same for all projects everywhere, with all fuel type and for all MW overall output. You say you are a medical doctor yet you do not appear to be even decent at thinking critically or effectively. I pity anyone you 'treat'.

Ok let's do this debate once for all.
Lagos state. : 400M/MW
Bauchi state. : 230M/MW
Agip okpai. : 150M/MW
FG Olorunsogo-I. : 93M/MW( 70KM where u aleady have gas pipelines.
FG Gerugu 1. : 116M/MW
FG Gerugu 11. : 132M/MW
FG Papalanto 1 and Omotosho 1 : 51.5M/MW each
FG Omotosho 11 : 135M/MW
So why is lagos state's that expensive? And why are pple defending this immoral looting?

14 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by hercules07: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
lagosph:

Please factor in dual fired nature of Lagos plant.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by gregg2: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
lagosph:

See, the 10MW Lagos plant for Alausa Secretariat is not even to be classified among Power Plants in Nigeria because they are more like giant diesel generators also fired by compressed gas. It is the type most companies in Nigeria are building with ease. Companies like PZ, Guinness, Flour Mills, Glaxo, Nestlé etc. It is not such a big deal. But because of the loudmouth nature of APC, they have to roll out drums to celebrate.

13 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

Typo m0r0n. You are so 'thick'. A "Doctor' who sucks badly at basic maipulation of figures. Go back and see my post you quoted. Is $201 divided by 140 MW not $1.4 million per MW as I correctly calculated? If I had meant £201 million then my MW per million dollars would reflect this olodo. I.e £201 million becomes $320.77 million giving a rate of approximately $2.3 per MW. The correct $million per MW rate I calculated for both projects indicate you have no point yet are desperately trying to hold on to pedantism as your ignorance and poor thinking is exposed.

Alos, whether I work in Naira or dollars will not cure your mumuism in relation to the substantive issue. Clever folks know that comparison is still efficiently and easily discerned once MW per million (whether in Naira or dollars) is made in the same currency for both projects. You're actually worthless as a sycophant because of your dull thinking. I will wait for some more clever folks, with the patience to attempt educating a hopeless case like you, to show up and make more sense of things for you.
So looting-induced tremor is now causing you to type £201 million (N52 billion) instead of $201 million (N32 billion)?

You and your thieving masters are so pathetic. Nothing can explain the massive difference between N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? Only looting, mindless looting!

10 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by gramci: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

APC
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So looting-induced tremor is now causing you to type £201 million (N52 billion) instead of $201 million (N32 billion)?

You and your thieving masters are so pathetic. Nothing can explain the massive difference between N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? Only looting, mindless looting!

Uneducated cretin. Even aside the many factors that can skew cost markedly between power generation projects, go and look into economies of scale in power generation and stop making a fool of yourself here. What a fraud. I honestly do not know any "doctor" as slow on the uptake or as as horridly bad at general knowledge as you are. You mean you do not even know what economies of scale is? God have mercy on Nigerians if you are truly a medical doctor.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by homesteady(m): 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
lagosph:
cool
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
gregg2: This Gbawe, This Gbawe, This Gbawe, This Gbawe, This Gbawe
Why are you like this sef?

On another thread, you had to dig up internet archives all in attempt to defend the thieving duo of Fashola and Tinubu for an obviously dubious scam of just 10MW Plant being built at 3.2 billion naira. Those rogues you are sticking your neck to defend will even be laughing at your ignorance of what transpired. It's annoying. Stop trying to justify such huge difference. See, those FG power plants that are a little above 200million per MW also included a staff quarters and schools since some are a distance away from the cities. I doubt that Fashola also built a staff quarters for his 10MW plant that is meant to power just Alausa secretariat.
Dont mind the shameless Gbawe. Only an insane he-goat will try to defend the indefensible. N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? The difference is massive.

7 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by homesteady(m): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

Uneducated cretin. Even aside the many factors that can skew cost markedly between power generation projects, go and look into economies of scale in power generation and stop making a fool of yourself here. What a fraud. I honestly do not know any "doctor" as slow on the uptake as you are. God have mercy on Nigerians if you are truly a medical doctor.

Please can you tell us some of the factors? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
homesteady:

What factors? You should know now. The factors are:
1. Tinubu thieving factor
2. Fashola thieving factor
3. Tinubu and Fashola collabo looting factor

8 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the shameless Gbawe. Only an insane he-goat will try to defend the indefensible. N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? The difference is massive.

God !!! What a horrendously 'thick' clown and a fraudster. How can you be a "Doctor" , i.e a man of science, yet reject established theory with a well-established basis in research and engineering reality? What an ignoramus. Anyway, you fans of GEJ are not known to be anything but mediocre in all sense of the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

Economies of scale
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Economies_of_scale.PNG/330px-Economies_of_scale.PNG[/img]
As quantity of production increases from Q to Q2, the average cost of each unit decreases from C to C1.

In microeconomics, economies of scale are the cost advantages that enterprises obtain due to size, with cost per unit of output generally decreasing with increasing scale as fixed costs are spread out over more units of output. Often operational efficiency is also greater with increasing scale, leading to lower variable cost as well.

Economies of scale apply to a variety of organizational and business situations and at various levels, such as a business or manufacturing unit, plant or an entire enterprise. For example, a large manufacturing facility would be expected to have a lower cost per unit of output than a smaller facility, all other factors being equal, while a company with many facilities should have a cost advantage over a competitor with fewer.
Some economies of scale, such as capital cost of manufacturing facilities and friction loss of transportation and industrial equipment, have a physical or engineering basis.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by jliusadura(m): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: 140 megawatts to be built at $201 million. $201 million is equals to N32 billion.

Can we compare the N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus the N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? Who will deliver Lagos from the thieving duo of Tinubu and Fashola? What sins did Lagosians commit to warrant this mindless rapiing of their resources? Who will deliver my brothers and sisters in Lagos?
Cost of building power plants of the same capacity may vary depending on some factors like quality of materials used, expected life span among others. Why don't we buy generators of the same capacity but from different makers at the same price? Remember that Lagos power plant is not 'made in China' like that of Bauchi.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Goddex: 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
jliusadura: Cost of building power plants of the same capacity may vary depending on some factors like quality of materials used, expected life span among others. Why don't we buy generators of the same capacity but from different makers at the same price? Remember that Lagos power plant is not 'made in China' like that of Bauchi.

I hear. Do your findings and you will be surprised that Oando subcontracted it out to a Chinese firm

7 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goddex:

I hear. Do your findings and you will be surprised that Oando subcontracted it out to a Chinese firm
Exactly! There is already an established chain of LOOTING in Lagos and other APC controlled states. Here is the unbroken chain of LOOTING in Lagos- Fashola pockets 10% and awards the contract to Tinubu/Tinubu fronts; Tinubu pockets his own 10% or more, then sub-contract the project to an APC-compliant (local) contractor, who uses an axe to cut his share of the 'Eko oni ba je' cake before sub-sub-contracting the job to the final contractor. Lagos is bleeding massively.

12 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

God !!! What a horrendously 'thick' clown and a fraudster. How can you be a "Doctor" , i.e a man of science, yet reject established theory with a well-established basis in research and engineering reality? What an ignoramus. Anyway, you fans of GEJ are not known to be anything but mediocre in all sense of the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

Nonsense! We know all that already. We'r talking of massive difference here- N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus the N400 million per megawatt in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by lagosph: 9:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
hercules07:

Please factor in dual fired nature of Lagos plant.
What do u mean by dual fired nature? All the FG plants above are combine circle gas turbine dat means u reuse the heat from one stage to drive another stage, that means more power and more capital cost but its still less dan lagos generators
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
homesteady:

Too many factors buddy and this is why we should not sit here like fraudulent illiterates, including a so-called "medical Doctor", disgracing Nigeria with utterances that would even shame the worst laymen.

(1)Equipment supply and installation cost (i.e sourcing component parts from the USA rather than the UK may increase transport cost to site.)
(2)Fuel type obviously affecting choice and quantity of equipment required.
(3)Cost of getting fuel to the plant i.e distance covered.
(4)Economies of scale.
(5)Sites costs (direct purchase, compensation, lease plan, etc).
(6)provision for waste disposal.
(7)Structural and civil cost.
(8 ) Indirect costs.
Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Point being that we should not make uninformed assumption , especially when not power generation experts or Engineers, to then ignorantly and arbitrarily say what is "high" or "acceptable" based on anything other than a solid breakdown of cost. Involving sentiments and simplistic reasoning to infer all IPPs must have a standard cost per MW is one of the the most senseless thing I have ever heard.

It is not the sort of argument any educated person should make. Ultimately, the point is that the Lagos and Bauchi IPP both fall within what is accepted today as justifiable per MW cost for power generation. Anyone seeking to claim impropriety should endeavour to do so with more than uniformed, ignorantly pedestrian and sentimental reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense! We know all that already. We'r talking of massive difference here- N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus the N400 million per megawatt in Lagos.

How did you arrive at N400 million per megawatts for lagos power plant, ? your calculation is fraudulent
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by hercules07: 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
lagosph:
What do u mean by dual fired nature? All the FG plants above are combine circle gas turbine dat means u reuse the heat from one stage to drive another stage, that means more power and more capital cost but its still less dan lagos generators

Lagos uses both diesel and gas to fire their plant, does the bauchi one use the same method? ?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Sloan: 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe, you should learn to ignore losers like insince9jerian since you have first hand knowledge of his imbecility and unequaled hatred for anything progressive about the Yorubas, SW, etc. It is this same cretin that defends the retardeen who doesn't give a damn about ASUU being on strike and the so called leaders of tomorrow staying at home and unproductive while eating N 1 B food per annum alone! Add to that almost N 1 Tr for security alone while the same 18 - 22+ year olds who have been grounded will turn to superior criminals after languishing in frustration while political jobbers like this loonie gets rich on the Nigerian pie and the blood of ignorant Nigerians.

While I do not support any corruption by any public officer, it is the same retardeen GEJ who was about to be bagged by the same EFCC as deputy governor and his wife was helping him to steal $ 12 M, his wife has no legitimate job that can fetch even N 12 M, so it is the stolen wealth of Bayelsans. Retardeen GEJ does not give a damn about publicly declaring his assets and has completely killed the EFCC who should be out doing their job which they did really well during OBJ's tenure. A fool like non-sincere9gerian should be crying to his master and lord in Aso Rock to let the EFCC do their job, but hell will freeze over before that happens! Just ignore him. You know their neck of the woods is still so backwards and it just hurts and stings them to see the SW making progress while they stagnate!

4 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
hercules07:

Lagos uses both diesel and gas to fire their plant, does the bauchi one use the same method? ?

I have a feeling bauchi's plant will be a diesel powered plant (i stand to be corrected), meaning there is no need to lay gas pipelines (lesser cost of project) . I am aware for the 12.15 MW Akute power plant, 13km Natural gas pipeline was laid from source of gas to plant location

A litre of diesel which cost roughly N150 per litre will generate as much energy as 1.05standard cubic metre of natural gas which cost roughly N40
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by abes(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
on average, a 5-passenger saloon car will consume 1 ltr of fuel to transport 5 people from point A to point B
similarly, an 18-passenger bus will consume 1 ltr of fuel to transport 18 people from point A to point B

the distance from point A and point B is 9km

Let us assume 1 ltr of fuel cost is N100

That means it will cost us N20 per person from point A to point B using the saloon car
And it will cost us N5.60k per per person from point A to point B using the bus

now that we know that it costs N5.60k per person by using a bus, do you now advice every family that own a saloon car to get a bus instead?

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
emiye:

How did you arrive at N400 million per megawatts for lagos power plant, ? your calculation is fraudulent

Wow shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I totally missed this blatant and utterly shameless attempt at 'koro koro' 419. What a criminal-minded element. 10.32 MW at N3.2 billion gives us approximately N309 million per MW not N400 million per MW as fraudulent9gerian claimed.

Deceptive9gerian, this is the level of blatantly brazen deception mindless sycophancy has led you to. The forum can see you in all your crooked glory. What a shameless liar.

Fraudulent9gerian wrote?

5 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Gbawe you are a shameless fool! Economics of scale? grin grin lmao.

Everyone is liable to looting.
By the way I thought it was 40billion that was spent and not 32billion, even if its 32billion its till over by about 800million.
I doubt if it would have effect on tinubu's "fully-looted" account. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari / New Rivers APC Chairman, Ojukaye Has Violent Tendencies – PDP Chieftain / Chairperson Of NDDC, Lauretta Onochie Address Press After Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.