Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering (7110 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria / Petrochemical Engineering, Is It A Nice Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering by God1stson(m): 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
I have reasons to believe that mechanical engineering is the toughest/hardest branch of engineering.Without disregarding fields like Electrical and civil eng. i still feel that there is an element of toughess embedded in the study of mechanical eng.Pls when i say toughness or hardness i don't mean d material sense.To further butress my point,when I entered year 1,i discovered that courses in nuclear eng,chemical eng,marine eng,Foundry,welding,aeronotics were all rooted from mechanical.in other words,nucl
Re: Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering by God1stson(m): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
^^^..nuclear eng.,marine,material,chemical partly and agric engine are all offshoot of mech.eng.In 3rd,4th n final yr,it was all about fluid mechanics,electrical machines and and advance strenght of Materials which is ee and civil.I studied under 9profs @ UNN.Most of them studies n worked abroad.I am well above average n made 2.2,i feel i would have made 2.1 if i studied say electronics,.whats ur take on this?
Re: Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wow just got admin 2 study mechanical engineering, i think i can handle it
Re: Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering by jaryeh(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2013
I think elect engnr is the toughest. I heard people rate engineering courses in order of their 'toughness' this way

1. Elect/elect
2. Mechanical
3. Chemical
4. Civil
5. Others

#teammech
Re: Mechanical Engineering Is The Toughest Branch Of Engineering by God1stson(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2013
u have a point there,but based on facts on my write-up.u can't convince me 2 thing otherwise.my take is;
1 mechanical
2 civil
3 EE/software/computer
4 agric
I prefer2 ahead of 3 becos 2 me shear force & bending moment is harder than delta~ star circuit or kirchoff or complex nos used in transformer

(1) (Reply)

FUNNY Scenes When School Resumption Is Announced(pics) / See List Of Science Courses To Study Without Chemistry / How Can I Get My Lost WAEC GCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.