Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (13331 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
italo: You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

Just know that Jesus founded only ONE Church. The others were founded by men.

my friend pls stop saying such, many churches were planted even during the time of the apostles so stop referring to only one church.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Elevation(m): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yes it is wrong,however if u are in a Church 4 quite smetime and you still remain the way u are ur spiritual life is stagnant u knw it within urslf pls pray 4 direction and go to a Bible believing church that teaches hw u can live righteous and holy becos it is verily verily certain that all humans would give account to God at the end of age.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Biim: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
I see nothing wrong with it, I attend any church that my spirit accepts .
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by whitecat007: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Greedy pastor wan chop the tithe alone.
Please go to any church any time you want, the only person you answer to is your conscience and creator.

Churches are now more of social gatherings than spiritual, so partner hop as much as you want
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Sammysammy1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
valicious1: A preacher once termed it "religious pr0stituti0n and a detestable iniquity" but I for one see nothing wrong in attending two or more churches if you have the strength and zeal. I see it as being tutored on the same topic by two different lecturers, you have a wider and broader view on the topic at hand. I wonder what is sinful in going to two or more bible believing churches if you are certain you won't be confused?
me i dont av a church nw til wen i wil marry, but 4 nw i attend anglican and catholic every sunday 2 play keyboard and somtime outside show dats just wat keeps me happy (music)
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by OLEBRUKU(m): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Just keep to d commandments nd u will surely make heaven! Church no dey for heaven nd attending one or more no b guarantee sey u go make am.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by shangpearlz(f): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Vic-jay:
and the church is?

D CHURCH OF CHRIST...read ur bible hun
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Juell(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth
Catholic church was established by the Romans and impossed on the world cos at that period the Romans where the world power.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by lif2uz(m): 2:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Please somebody should tell the name of the church Paul the apostle and other desciples attended. For me if church "A" guilds me with the words of God and other spiritual activities that will enble me to be right with God and church "B" also do thesame, What then will make me not to listen to the later? It is here on earth we have division among the local churches but in heaven we will have a universal church, in this case no denomination of churches. So the question of attending multiple churches will not be there to beg for an answer.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
OLE-BRUKU:
Just keep to d commandments nd u will surely make heaven! Church no dey for heaven nd attending one or more no b guarantee sey u go make am.
Yes it's not a guarantee but it's necessary (Heb 10:25)
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by mspee(f): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
It is wrong to attend different churches, except if you're invited. I'm against religious prostitution. undecided
stop giving peter's offering to paul.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Pius007: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
I see nothing wrong with you moving from church to church. Mind you,it has some implications such as turning you to a spiritual baby for donkey years,some church doctrine can be discourage. What matter most, is your relationship with God.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by odinko: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
If u go 1 church 2day n next sunday u no come, dat 1 mean say 1 passenger de short. If u de pay ur tithe for the church wey de cal u prstitute, de pastor no go get problem wit u. Dia fear na make u no go carry dia tithe go give anoda pesn. The bottom is, who grabs the tithe n offatory.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by undigeh: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth

Na so dem talk am. Dem say the church even dey before Abraham was born. And Nimrod the great hunter was the founder.
No be mi tokam o! Na hear I hear am, I beg no quote me.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by bongolistik(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
angiemartinez: Am seriously considering attending two churches becos my hubbys church is not helpn my christian life. I never had the tot of dividn my home buh i tink i just av to.
ar u sure u ar nt d pesn dt is nt helpin ur christian lif nd blamin it on church, because ppl ar fond of putin blames on oda thins even wit dier inactive state or persnal slackness
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by undigeh: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=undi-geh]

Na so dem talk am. Dem say the church even dey before Abraham was born. And Nimrod the great hunter was the founder.
No be mi tokam o! Na hear I hear am, I beg no quote me. [/quo ;Dte] grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by t12tosin: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
If not for the fact that it was written that do not forsake the gathering of others as well as where 2 or more are gathered in my Name there I well be to answer them, i would have prefered to be like the man that prays secretly in the corner of his room in the parable Jesus Christ gave of two individuals that seek God either openly wia peeps can see him or d one that seek Him secretly.

These days its more of Church Business, wia to find easy money, little did they forget that it was written that " seek first the kindom of God and its rightiousness and all other things shall be added unto you"
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by hardbody: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
JOE TITUS: Name(s) of church(es) does not matter in heaven,Go as many as you want,ensure that you remember GOD'S commandment.

Wrong. God has always worked one set if people at time. He chose the Israelites until he abandoned them. During the deluge he worked with Noah alone. When Jesus came, he worked with the 12 and his disciples. Paul the apostle encouraged all to examine the scriptures and hold fast to what is right. The implication is that there must be a right and wrong choice. Even Jesus did say there was a broad and narrow way with each leading to a specified end. Find the right way and stick to it. God is a God if order and not of confusion. Enough said.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by switchy: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
valicious1:
What makes it church prostitution?
because since u didn't believe the first and the second is it the third u will belive? That's what makes it church prostitution
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by ocelot2006(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Care to backup your claim/opinion with the word
Nikapetrelli: To me is wrong.Most tyms u end up being confused,cos different churches ave there way of doings tins,
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by paycash: 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
The answer is right here in the book of JOHN 4:21-24 pls read your Holy bible, Book of john can help to
understand the trouble in the church today.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by bryanzanusgmai(m): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
there is nothing you will gain in going to several church,church for crying out load should be where the children of God gather in love as a family,if you attend a living church,there is no need to be going around,you cant eat where you did not sow.every church has an alter,and the alter recognise you as you cometo worship.that is why if you have giving to the alter you will be bold to ask for something from there too.

i urge people to not only to go to church but join one department in the church and serve God.he will never forsake you
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Fyngal1(f): 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
two things determine the church i attend
1: doctrine
2: proximity

as long as the church is within walking distance (i'd hate to be deprived of attending service cos of cash)
and they preach Jesus, i don't care the name
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by micmond: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Church prostitution? But pastors are allowed to prostitue from one church to another! There is nothing like church prostitution. Christ,paul and other apostles will move from one synagoure to another from house to house sharing and teaching salvation message and ask us to do thesame,abide in christ and fellowship where u find peace.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by willyray(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
i believe one should stay loyal to one church

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by dikenna: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=Youngzedd]

Taaaaaah.

Prove it[/quote
Dude go and read history books or better stiil google it. Its a very common knowledge that the catholic church is the first church so unless u have been in mars or pluto, you shud know this fact
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by ibkgab001: 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Molente Baptist church
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by undigeh: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
valicious1: A preacher once termed it "religious pr0stituti0n and a detestable iniquity" but I for one see nothing wrong in attending two or more churches if you have the strength and zeal. I see it as being tutored on the same topic by two different lecturers, you have a wider and broader view on the topic at hand. I wonder what is sinful in going to two or more bible believing churches if you are certain you won't be confused?

For those that said "
all churches na church", the word of God called some " synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 2:9, 3:9)
For those who also said " all prophets and teachers are men of God", the word of God said the are many, not a few, false prophets in his name, deceiving unsuspecting people with their signs and lying wonders. (Matthew 24:5,11,24; 1John 4:1)

For shuttling between churches, hear what the word of God said, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:cool.
Remember, a man that that is unstable in his sexual life exposed himself to HIV/AIDS and all kinds of sexually related diseases.
In your "religious pr0stituti0n " as your pastor called it, you are exposing yourself to be converted by Satan emissaries or agents thereby preparing you for anti christ.
Be warned and be careful too.

I love you so much and would not close my ears to your perilous quest for religion.

Text me on this line : 08116660259,if you love my advice. [b]
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by christskill: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
This is my Analogy well For the Fact that it is not Scriptural for a woman to jump from one man to another in having child of different Fathers. it is just for us to find a bible believing Church and join the families of God there
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by viktuur(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
I am A BEE Christian! To me different Churches have their denominations and area of calling which i call Flowers, I take the best(pollens) and go and MAKE HONEY in my BEEHIVE. If I need to brush up on Holiness- Deeper Life Retreat, HEALTH- Christ Embassy e.t.c you cannot keep eating EBA and bitterleaf everyday, balance your DIET- confirm teachings from the mouth of 2 or 3 withnesses! If you attend buy tapes from other churches/ministries!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by undigeh: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=dikenna][/quote]

Me, I decided read history and I de read Google wel wel. Na true say Roman Catholic Church is the first religion on earth, even before Abraham was born.
In fact, history said it just remain small, the church for start b/4 Adam.
But it is believed the church was founded by Nimrod the the mighty hunter before God. (Gen.10:8-11)
You can also read the book called BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION by Ralph Edward Woodford, its a must read book, if u luv truth. De book go de any big Christian bookchop.

Sebi u say make we de read history, read Google, oya go ahead.
But e dey pay to search for truth especially those that have references to comet all the doubts. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Blackygal: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
holiness is all that matters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Difference Between Sex And Romance And Is Romance A Sin? / Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit Refutes The Existence Of God? / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.