Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow (2970 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:13am On Oct 13, 2013
[b]1.I was struggling a lot with my atheism and relating to the religious and I've come to one very liberating thought. It doesn't matter if God is real or not. It really doesn't.
God is not someone I would ever worship. He is an a$$hole. Kill your child to prove yourself to me. I love you, so I cause you suffering. Its for your own good.
It doesn't matter how beautiful the world can be. The fact that it can be so ugly and so cruel and so unmerciful leads me to hold God, if he exists, culpable!
If we, as humans, can look at a situation and say, "Ya know, murdering my child for any reason isn't right." Then we hold moral authority over God every day of the week, even Sunday.
So does it matter if he exists if he such a horrendous deity. Forget that, "God changed" crap, because I do not care if a serial killer has changed - he is still a serial killer at his core. And if you don't think the God of the bible is a serial killer, then you haven't read the bible!
2.Not only the genocide, but what about making people beg for help? If he knows everything that happens and can intervene on a whim, why should it be necessary to pray for help? Even the strong, devout believers that "know" he exists still have to ask for help monetarily, for health issues, guidance, etc. When someone I know appears to need help, I don't wait for them to beg for it, I offer it freely. Any entity with omnipresence and omnipotence should simply step in and reaffirm his followers' faith.
He's like a playground bully, "You want this ball? Ask me nicely. Ask again. Get on your knees and plead for it.
3.I just don't understand. Forget how you can believe in God as there is so little evidence for the extraordinary claims...but WHY would you ever want to believe in this God?
People talk about God in terms of flowery love. "God was with me in the car crash that killed the other passengers." oh? What a horrible thought. If he was capable of being with you, then why wasn't he with them? Why do you not see his action as culpable?
Why would you ever believe in a God so callous and cruel as to allow a message that been perverted and contorted to stay that way when something as important as eternal suffering is at stake? That doesn't strike me as a caring deity. That strikes me the way that a petulant child would behave.[/b]

13 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by italo: 2:42am On Oct 13, 2013
What is the aim of the thread, if I may ask.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:52am On Oct 13, 2013
italo: What is the aim of the thread, if I may ask.
To express my feeling about the christian "god" !!! angry
After trusting him so much,never knew he could disappoint me,now I'm going to start all over,I will never believe in a god again. angry
Now I don't know what to do
Commit suicide?HELL NO.
angry

I was so stu.pid,foolish and silly for placing my mind and life on such a pre-assumed god!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by SorayaCarvalho(f): 3:18am On Oct 13, 2013
shocked sad
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by honeychild(f): 4:09am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
. I love you, so I cause you suffering. Its for your own good.
It doesn't matter how beautiful the world can be. The fact that it can be so ugly and so cruel and so unmerciful leads me to hold God, if he exists, culpable.

Why do we insist on blaming God for the mess we have made of our world? We humans are a funny breed. We insist on living as we please, refusing his guidance and doing exactly what we please. And this is starting right from the first ones. Then we turn around and cry that the world 'can be so ugly and so cruel'. Did God come down from where he lives to come and practice acts of ugliness and cruelty? Is it not me and you, using our free will that wreck ugliness and cruelty on one another?

Mr.T Anonymous:
. , "Ya know, murdering my child for any reason isn't right." Then we hold moral authority over God every day of the week, even Sunday.e.
You don't have all the facts. Expecting to understand how and why God does or did everything he did is like expecting your pet dog or cat to understand everything about you and your relationship with your wife and kids? But your dog knows enough about you to be happy that you have come home.

We may not understand why God felt he had no choice but to allow his Son to be murdered, but we can give him the benefit of the doubt. Just as your puppy may not understand why you keep allowing that mean man (the vet) to come around every three months and give him those really painful shots.

5 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Joagbaje(m): 4:14am On Oct 13, 2013
@op
You know there's God , you're just pissed with many things. God is not punishing any person. God didn't kill anybody's child. God gave us a beautiful life which satan tried to destroy through the sin of Adam which brought sickness and suffering upon man kind. God still made back up plan to rescue man. He gave us choice to make . Follow this part if you want to live. But if you don't , there's pain on that part. God is not responsible for evil in the world. Man is.

He sent Jesus to be mans substitute. All you need is faith in christ and receive the free gift. Then you can be a master and champion. God tried . You should rather ask questions to have clarification about God . Because you've not known him yet. There's witness in your conscience there's a supreme being that is behind the engine called universe .

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by opeano(m): 4:17am On Oct 13, 2013
I feel ur pain mr., as much as i want to know wat happen dat warrant dis. I wouldnt bother to ask. Just know this.. If God made man and controls evrytin dat happens to him, wont that be like u avin a remote control car, u let it go front or back, move into a corner or a ditch and so on.. D toycar has no freedom of its own and since its ur own. U wnt allow anyone touch it unless by ur wish. But God made man a free moral agent. We av to choose. And in our choice, we av to pray so dat sth helps us wit our choice to make sure its d good one. Satan rules d earth, but he isnt d owner nor is he d absolute power. God wants u to choose btw him and dat one dat has defiled him. Our activities here is accountable to. God, dats y he choose to make us die if he wants to. Now, consider it. If evrytin is as smooth as u want it, who will want to die, if any, who wont cry over d death. So pls my brother, i would av been glad if i can c u and meet u to explain to u why dis earth wont look just as u visualize it. My condolences to ur plight. Hapi sunday
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by honeychild(f): 4:36am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
- he is still a serial killer at his core. And if you don't think the God of the bible is a serial killer, then you haven't read the bible!

By this I suppose you mean that He killed the original inhabitants of Canaan? Right? grin grin That was not a genocide. That was a well deserved judgement. In the days of Abraham, God told him he was not going to give him that land yet because 'the error of the inhabitants of the land had not over flowed.

Would you like to know the kind of error we are talking about? Immorality, idol worship and child sacrifice were widespread in Canaan. Bible Historian Henry H. Haley notes that archaeologists excavating the area found great numbers of jars containing the remains of children who had been sacrificed to Baal. Baal was a prominent god of the canaanites. He says:
' The whole area proved to be a cemetery for new born babies. Canaanites worshipped, by immoral indulgence, as a religious rite, in the presence of their gods; and then, by murdering their children, as a sacrifice to these same gods. .....Archaeologists who dig in the ruins of canaanite cities wonder that God did not destroy them sooner than he did.

Do you know how long God waited while the Canaanites committed these atrocities before finally removing them from his face? 400 years.
'
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by honeychild(f): 4:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
what about making people beg for help? If he knows everything that happens and can intervene on a whim, why should it be necessary to pray for help? When someone I know appears to need help, I don't wait for them to beg for it, I offer it freely. Any entity with omnipresence and omnipotence should simply step in and reaffirm his followers' faith.
He's like a playground bully, "You want this ball? Ask me nicely. Ask again. Get on your knees and plead for it.

If you never had to ask God for anything how would we know he was the one that gave it to you? I make my children ask me politely for some things. Does that make me a playground bully?

For me, the joy of having a prayer answered. ...of knowing He actually listened as insignificant little me was asking Him, well I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Don't get me wrong. He doesn't give me every thing I ask for. No sane parent would give a child everything he asked for. But when He does. ..I can't explain the way it feels.

I feel that the fact that the Creator of this majestic universe dignified us by telling us to talk to Him, ask Him for what we want and tell Him our problems, is a privilege we should be thankful for.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 5:34am On Oct 13, 2013
Too much Movies!! The outcome of Free will...
Many humans dont even recognise the fact that outside Life,free Will is the greatest Gift God gave to mankind...
You see bro,God apart,whatever made u to start blaming Someone else for ur misfortunes shows just Weak-willed u are..A strong will alwaz learns how to overcome,and not sit in ur couch and accuse somebody u dnt see 4 ur troubles...
So,if i may ask u,How is God the cause of ur Problems?
Bro,if u are smart enough,u wil realise that life does nt give u everything u wish for...Life is only and alwaz Sweet and Wonderful in the Movies only,not in reality...But the goodnews is that life is temporal,so u should be concerned more about where ur soul will go to after you die...
This might be part of ur life trial,bt u are already failing by making accusing fingers..When you Read the Book Of Job or the story of Jabez,you wil realise ur case is a childs play.....Cheers bro,take a pill..Whatever is the problem will surely go away,cuz Change is the only Permanent thing in Life..
Since u have once believed that God exists,you will now be in self-inflicted denial and delusion to start believing He doesnt exist again..
You have to understand that Being in talking terms with God means that u wil be displeasing urself most of the time to Please God..You must be ready to displease urself,let go of those lifestyles that doesnt Give Him Glory...Well,if u think u can be living an unworthy life and still be expecting Great things from God,am sorry bro,it doesnt work that Way!!
But one thing i am 100% sure is that if u follow Gods simple instructions,you will be a happy person,regardless of the fact u are rich or Poor...This is a Being Who has Billions of angels at His beck and call!!
I will advice u to go and read the Book of Ecclesiastes and the Book of Proverbs in the Bible...They are Words of Wisdom...
Jeremiah 33:
2--"Thus says the Lord who made the world,the Lord who formed it to establish it - The Lord is His name".
3--"Call to me,and i will answer you,and will tell you Great and hidden things which you have not known"
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Kandaha: 5:39am On Oct 13, 2013
People have gone through worse things than u am sure of it & they haven't opened
Their Mouths to say such. Bros be careful!!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Areaboy2(m): 6:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Kandaha: People have gone through worse things than u am sure of it & they haven't opened
Their Mouths to say such. Bros be careful!!!

Its freewill remember? We can say whatever d fck we want..

Think of it like this.. "god" is all powerful, all knowing, all perfect, never changing

All powerful, and he cant kill himself,

all knowing and he did not know we will turn out this way

All perfect and he needs our worship..

Never changing yet he doesnt like animal sacrifice anymore (Thats after killing himself in the form of his "son" )

Hmmmm.. sounds like a spoilt bratt if u ask me. Take the contrary of my points above, then you realise that everything we see or suffer today was his plan all along. Doesnt that make you think?

Nigerians should learn to leave the Jewish god alone.

Imagine if ancient Greece had colonised us, you all will be praising zeus and his cohorts and telling us how not to blaspheme against Hercules grin .

what a joke religion is undecided

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 6:39am On Oct 13, 2013
Area_boy:

Its freewill remember? We can say whatever d fck we want..

Think of it like this.. "god" is all powerful, all knowing, all perfect, never changing

All powerful, and he cant kill himself,

all knowing and he did not know we will turn out this way

All perfect and he needs our worship..

Never changing yet he doesnt like animal sacrifice anymore (Thats after killing himself in the form of his "son" )

Hmmmm.. sounds like a spoilt bratt if u ask me. Take the contrary of my points above, then you realise that everything we see or suffer today was his plan all along. Doesnt that make you think?

Nigerians should learn to leave the Jewish god alone.

Imagine if ancient Greece had colonised us, you all will be praising zeus and his cohorts and telling us how not to blaspheme against Hercules grin .

what a joke religion is undecided
Bro,God is the God of the World,and not a Jewish "god"...
They are blessed cuz God introduced Himself to the World again through them...After all,we all have the same Ancestral father and Mother,Adam and Eve...
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Let nobody take this dude serious

Free will shey?
No wahalas, no problems

Mind you, free will isn't only where God is involved o!
Abeg, don't be angry, when your child, sibling, spouse or anybody you are responsible for, wakes up, looks you in the face, hisses and walks out on you...just because, they've got FREE WILL!!

Bro! Disobedience, rebellion = "free will"

Embrace your logical-scientific-free will-reasoning!!

I wish you all the joy that brings! And pls when you feel that "emptiness" at lonesome times...TAKE TO DRUGS!!!

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by sweettease(f): 7:16am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
To express my feeling about the christian "god" !!! angry
After trusting him so much,never knew he could disappoint me,now I'm going to start all over,I will never believe in a god again. angry
Now I don't know what to do
Commit suicide?HELL NO.
angry

I was so stu.pid,foolish and silly for placing my mind and life on such a pre-assumed god!!! angry
Awwwww.....come here *hugs him*
I don't know what you went through and i probably won't understand but its well dear kiss

As for me, i believe there is a power of darkness and there are evil forces, hav seen ppl confess to practising witchcraft, the money rituals and the likes is proof enough so i can't let go of the one thing i believe has a higher authority over them all, no matter what i go through..... The closest i came was believing He doesn't answer my prayers. I asked for one more to proove he does and He did it. I don't know how you guys do it but the faith, trust and hope i have in Him keeps me going, i don't know what I'll do without Him.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by FoxyFlow(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2013
I wanted to keep quiet initially but could not surpress the urge to air my view. Why would people blame God? Even as the so called atheist they profess to be. This is so ridiculous.

You put your trust in God you say. You sall all manner of things. You blasphem against God. You sin. You cheat. You lie. But yet God loved you. One thousand of you apply for a job, you get it. You think you are the most qualified? Think again.

I have worked in two organizations where I was/is the least qualified during the interview. All I did was ask God to take control, asked him for favour and then practiced what I had learnt. Those with bulky certificate files lost the job but it was given to me who came with only a CV. Isn't God wonderful?

I resigned from a job at the knick of time before the kano attack which claimed many lives. You don't call that luck, there is a spiritual force at work.

I left Kano for Kazaure a night before the post election violence. My people begged me not to go on a night journey that I should leave in the morning. My spirit kept telling me to go, made me restless until I left. The next morning, the same spirit came and told me to leave my house off campus and head into the school. There was no lectures. I dragged around until I finally got to school. As soon as I stepped into the school, all hell was broken lose outside the school. Do you call that luck or prenomition?

Come off it bro. Incidents around you should let you have a feel of an ever loving father in heaven who is ready to help you.

My mind never spoke to me. It was and still is the spirit of God. When I go against that spirit, I am met with problems. I have tried it severally and never liked the results. God exists, I am not proving it. I am only telling you and his love abides forever.

If you have a challenge, just call upon him in the days of trouble and he will answer you. Seek him now while he is near.

Peace be unto you bro. Your freewill is as a result of a loving father. But remember, everything is taken into records. When someone offends you without asking for fogiveness, you hold unto that offence to revenge later. Think about it Sir.

God bless you!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

By this I suppose you mean that He killed the original inhabitants of Canaan? Right? grin grin That was not a genocide. That was a well deserved judgement. In the days of Abraham, God told him he was not going to give him that land yet because 'the error of the inhabitants of the land had not over flowed.

Would you like to know the kind of error we are talking about? Immorality, idol worship and child sacrifice were widespread in Canaan. Bible Historian Henry H. Haley notes that archaeologists excavating the area found great numbers of jars containing the remains of children who had been sacrificed to Baal. Baal was a prominent god of the canaanites. He says:
' The whole area proved to be a cemetery for new born babies. Canaanites worshipped, by immoral indulgence, as a religious rite, in the presence of their gods; and then, by murdering their children, as a sacrifice to these same gods. .....Archaeologists who dig in the ruins of canaanite cities wonder that God did not destroy them sooner than he did.

Do you know how long God waited while the Canaanites committed these atrocities before finally removing them from his face? 400 years.
'

Woman, have you killed somebody before? See how you just easily say the wiping out of a people is justified.

So are you saying that God is justified in wiping out Nigeria since it is infected with widespread corrutpion? If some people in a country are corrupt, does that mean that everyone (including childen) are corrupt?

The indians have been worshipping other gods long before Canaanites and co....why did God not wipe them out?

Even the isrealites at a time were not worshipping Yaweh. Why didnt he wipe them out?

Did the isrealites not engage in similar atrocities? Did they not engage in human sacrifice and genocides? Are you a slave to the isrealites?

Woman, use your brain

3 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 8:04am On Oct 13, 2013
There is no reason to lay blames on a god...the fact is that all gods are fragment of people's imagination. I understand you are upset at how much you have wasted your life worshiping the xtian god, but keep it cool, the anger will leave, and you will have a clear mindset to lead a logical atheistic life...

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

Why do we insist on blaming God for the mess we have made of our world? We humans are a funny breed. We insist on living as we please, refusing his guidance and doing exactly what we please. And this is starting right from the first ones. Then we turn around and cry that the world 'can be so ugly and so cruel'. [size=15pt]Did God come down from where he lives to come and practice acts of ugliness and cruelty?[/size] Is it not me and you, using our free will that wreck ugliness and cruelty on one another?

remember in genesis when the children of god fornicated with humans? and in Matthew when your god ra.p.ed Mary?

honeychild: You don't have all the facts. Expecting to understand how and why God does or did everything he did is like expecting your pet dog or cat to understand everything about you and your relationship with your wife and kids? But your dog knows enough about you to be happy that you have come home.

We may not understand why God felt he had no choice but to allow his Son to be murdered, but we can give him the benefit of the doubt. Just as your puppy may not understand why you keep allowing that mean man (the vet) to come around every three months and give him those really painful shots.

load of rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2013
Joagbaje: @op
You know there's God , you're just pissed with many things. God is not punishing any person. God didn't kill anybody's child. God gave us a beautiful life which satan tried to destroy through the sin of Adam which brought sickness and suffering upon man kind. God still made back up plan to rescue man. He gave us choice to make . Follow this part if you want to live. But if you don't , there's pain on that part. God is not responsible for evil in the world. Man is.

your god ordered for the murder of women and children of Amorites etc... apart from that, he killed David's first child with Bathsheba, first inflicting the child with an incurable sickness...

Joagbaje: He sent Jesus to be mans substitute. All you need is faith in christ and receive the free gift. Then you can be a master and champion. God tried . You should rather ask questions to have clarification about God . Because you've not known him yet. There's witness in your conscience there's a supreme being that is behind the engine called universe .

gibberish

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Foxy_Flow: I wanted to keep quiet initially but could not surpress the urge to air my view. Why would people blame God? Even as the so called atheist they profess to be. This is so ridiculous.

You put your trust in God you say. You sall all manner of things. You blasphem against God. You sin. You cheat. You lie. But yet God loved you. One thousand of you apply for a job, you get it. You think you are the most qualified? Think again.

I have worked in two organizations where I was/is the least qualified during the interview. All I did was ask God to take control, asked him for favour and then practiced what I had learnt. Those with bulky certificate files lost the job but it was given to me who came with only a CV. Isn't God wonderful?

I resigned from a job at the knick of time before the kano attack which claimed many lives. You don't call that luck, there is a spiritual force at work.

I left Kano for Kazaure a night before the post election violence. My people begged me not to go on a night journey that I should leave in the morning. My spirit kept telling me to go, made me restless until I left. The next morning, the same spirit came and told me to leave my house off campus and head into the school. There was no lectures. I dragged around until I finally got to school. As soon as I stepped into the school, all hell was broken lose outside the school. Do you call that luck or prenomition?

Come off it bro. Incidents around you should let you have a feel of an ever loving father in heaven who is ready to help you.

My mind never spoke to me. It was and still is the spirit of God. When I go against that spirit, I am met with problems. I have tried it severally and never liked the results. God exists, I am not proving it. I am only telling you and his love abides forever.

If you have a challenge, just call upon him in the days of trouble and he will answer you. Seek him now while he is near.

Peace be unto you bro. Your freewill is as a result of a loving father. But remember, everything is taken into records. When someone offends you without asking for fogiveness, you hold unto that offence to revenge later. Think about it Sir.

God bless you!!

ok, what about all other people, xtians alike who died in the riot?

Dont flatter yourself, what happened to you was mere coincidence...

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by PastorOluT(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2013
@ op I know deep down u still believe in God, my advice is that never loose hope totally. I know u have gone thru so much according to u, bt some have gone thru same or maybe worse and still hold on n holding on.

Just like someone said the evidence of evil n people practicing them can't be neglected, there have been confession of witches n the likes, and I tell u bro I am witness to the supernatural, so God truly exists.

The fact that we only understand so little about our environment is enough evidence to trust Him. Every law of physics says the bramble bee should not fly but it does, do u know the reason it does, 'cos God told it so.

So get urself together, there is more to live than here and now. If our hope is in this world alone then of all men we are the most miserable 1Corinthians 15:29. Bt thank God our hope transcends this world for we have a future and a hope in Him Roman 5:5, 8:18 1Timothy 4:8, 2Corinthians 4:16-18 amidst many other scriptures.

Stay blessed n be rapturable
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by FoxyFlow(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

ok, what about all other people, xtians alike who died in the riot?

Dont flatter yourself, what happened to you was mere coincidence...

I was expecting you to debunk the claim. There is nothing as coincidence my friend. I am about going to church now. When I return, we won't debate, we will talk as two humans.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

I was expecting you to debunk the claim. There is nothing as coincidence my friend. I am about going to church now. When I return, we won't debate, we will talk as two humans.

ok
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

Why do we insist on blaming God for the mess we have made of our world? We humans are a funny breed. We insist on living as we please, refusing his guidance and doing exactly what we please. And this is starting right from the first ones. Then we turn around and cry that the world 'can be so ugly and so cruel'. Did God come down from where he lives to come and practice acts of ugliness and cruelty? Is it not me and you, using our free will that wreck ugliness and cruelty on one another?

You don't have all the facts. Expecting to understand how and why God does or did everything he did is like expecting your pet dog or cat to understand everything about you and your relationship with your wife and kids? But your dog knows enough about you to be happy that you have come home.

[quote author=honeychild]
"You christians always say god knows everything","he is just","he is omnipotence,omniscience.
Tell me,when he knew that this world was going to be ugly and cruel by human beings,then why didn't he make amendments,why couldn't he stop the evil in all,at least you guys say he has the power to do anything.

Take this for an example,you have a child and that child starts behaving irrational,what would you do? Look at him until he gets into trouble
Thats is what I call stupidity,god watching his people getting into trouble by their irrational behaviour.
That is bullshit!!! angry

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2013
Joagbaje: @op

He sent Jesus to be mans substitute. All you need is faith in christ and receive the free gift. Then you can be a master and champion. God tried . You should rather ask questions to have clarification about God . Because you've not known him yet. There's witness in your conscience there's a supreme being that is behind the engine called universe .

By killing a son,I was so daft to have belived in such a silly thing like "god gave up his son", "jesus died so i can live"

How would you explain this to me?
A god looking at his murdered son in order to forgive us?
To me,it sounds awkward!

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

Look at this xtian intelligence answer.

Did you create your pet in your own image and likeness? Do you have conversations with your pet? Did you ask your pet to murder other pets? Have you killed any member of your family in order to save your pet from a mistake you made?

Stupid analogy.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2013
opeano: I feel ur pain mr., as much as i want to know wat happen dat warrant dis. I wouldnt bother to ask. Just know this.. If God made man and controls evrytin dat happens to him, wont that be like u avin a remote control car, u let it go front or back, move into a corner or a ditch and so on.. D toycar has no freedom of its own and since its ur own. U wnt allow anyone touch it unless by ur wish. But God made man a free moral agent. We av to choose. And in our choice, we av to pray so dat sth helps us wit our choice to make sure its d good one. Satan rules d earth, but he isnt d owner nor is he d absolute power. God wants u to choose btw him and dat one dat has defiled him. Our activities here is accountable to. God, dats y he choose to make us die if he wants to. Now, consider it. If evrytin is as smooth as u want it, who will want to die, if any, who wont cry over d death. So pls my brother, i would av been glad if i can c u and meet u to explain to u why dis earth wont look just as u visualize it. My condolences to ur plight. Hapi sunday
Thanks for the condolences.

I want to emphasize on the bolded,who is Satan, what proof do you have that He exists,even if he exists,what makes you think he is the one causing evil and not god
And please,don't refer me to a bible coz
The bible was written by some drunk,old,poor,unfortunate,uneducated fellow

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

'
So someone commits crimes like the Canaanites,all I have to do is kill him,and I will go to heaven

Why can't he just change their mind,why couldn't he change their lifestyle instead of killing them(do you know there were young children who knew nothing about this and yet they were killed) angry

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Op, Satan is very happy with you.

I have looked in the Book of Hades and your name is not there. We currently trying to get you included but Yahweh has to first cancel it from his book. Don't worry, we will take care of all correspondences. Just enjoy yourself. Congratulations for freeing yourself from Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
Thanks for the condolences.

I want to emphasize on the bolded,who is Satan, what proof do you have that He exists,even if he exists,what makes you think he is the one causing evil and not god
And please,don't refer me to a bible coz
The bible was written by some drunk,old,poor,unfortunate,uneducated fellow

Please. The bible can enlighten you Satanicaly. See here:

Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

If you never had to ask God for anything how would we know he was the one that gave it to you? I make my children ask me politely for some things. Does that make me a playground bully?

For me, the joy of having a prayer answered. ...of knowing He actually listened as insignificant little me was asking Him, well I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Don't get me wrong. He doesn't give me every thing I ask for. No sane parent would give a child everything he asked for. But when He does. ..I can't explain the way it feels.

I feel that the fact that the Creator of this majestic universe dignified us by telling us to talk to Him, ask Him for what we want and tell Him our problems, is a privilege we should be thankful for.
He doesn't answer all prayers
So why should we be thankful to him
And why do you think he exists
See,I was once like you believing that god answers prayer,he doesn't exist,so he doesn't answer prayers,it is like staring into space and begging it for help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Starting My Own Religion / To All God-believers / Non-muslim Views About Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.