Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch (49232 Views)

A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Informations About Obudu Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by kekerazi(m): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
@mz_sleeq no doubt you had maximum fun on course of your service year.
How's Lagos?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by nopsman1: 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
I was at the ranch a couple of months ago.... I actually paid 75k for a night for d duplex accommodation there,, I heard the huts go for 22k. the place is very beautiful ..,, pls don't go without your wife or concubine cos the cold there will kill u if u don't have a female companion.... cheers...
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by T4Tough(f): 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
nopsman1: I was at the ranch a couple of months ago.... I actually paid 75k for a night for d duplex accommodation there,, I heard the huts go for 22k. the place is very beautiful ..,, pls don't go without your wife or concubine cos the cold there will kill u if u don't have a female companion.... cheers...
so females have now turn to blankets all these nijia men I tire for una
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Btruth: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
aventura: I hope lagosians can see what development means and not the crap they post here. These people have it all but they don't make noise about it. Watch and learn.

...........& you kept on visiting Lagos silly! Remember, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city & not a ranch.

Get smart boy.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by jjagz: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
stewie100: isn't it funny that texas is the size of nigeria yet it takes just 2 hours on the freeway from Dallas to Houston equivalent to calabar to jos.below are some American interstate freeways around texas area.
although the ranch landscape is beautiful potential billion dollar a year revenue if managed properly by civilized minds but its in nigerian so its doomed in a few years .
Baba, America is 237 years independent, let's not go into the years before then. Much of that same America built by the sweat of slaves exported from Africa. Nigeria was at sometime somewhat better, but like every other political anomaly created in Africa by the white men, we are a work in progress. And one day, probably not in our generation Nigeria would get to her utopia.

Updated : I don't think you have visited the ranch. You cannot just relocate the villagers. Hell, its their land. Their ancestral land. You can't change the name, marketing death! Ask those that have been there, the ranch isn't technically in Obudu again anyway, yet the name sticks to it. Girrafe and Zebra ke? That cold will kill them all. Lemme see you try to make a disneyland out of a place enjoyed for its natural serenity and beauty. Infact your plain ignorant. #rubbish.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by flakkylegend(f): 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuzo':

That being said, I guess its shorter to travel from Enugu.
Enugu to Abakaliki is 45mns-1hr. Abakaliki to Ogoja is 30mns. Ogoja to Obudu is 2hrs30mns.

I guess they have repaired d abakaliki to ogoja road as at 2007 I can say that road shd be d worst road in Nigeria if any other road beats dat then theres a problem. After plying dat road I had to do thanks giving for coming out alive.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by portage(m): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
stewie100: if i were to purchase the resort ranch as privatization i would turn it into disneyland,its a shame black people cannot make use of their thinking faculties,celebrating mediocrity and too busy yapping without listening,here is what can be done
1. relocate the villagers to city 2. bring in giraffes and zebra 3. Ferris wheel 4. fake snow on the mountain to beautify the scenery 5. build a light railway to transport people there /good road connection.
6. those cottages should be modernized glass cottages.7 six big statues of dinosaurs 8. build a fictitious ghost adventure village with illustrating life size human statues 9. call the ranch an english name like Green Hills Mountain Resort and market it worldwide

@Stewie100!
You have some really nice concepts up there. However, i disagree with few things unless you are looking at things like urban renewal. If that is the case you will be taking away the Obudu feel smiley
By taking/relocating away the villagers....don't you think you are systematically ruining the authenticity of the destination? Mind you, most tourists visit places just to feel the authenticity!
Fake snow in Africa C'mon, just leave Africa the way it is. There is beauty in the jungle itself for the adventurers, risk takers, drifters etc etc. Even if you go to Disney in Orlando, or Cleveland Zoo or any zoo at all in the US, they try to present "Africa" and trust me, these guys are good.
Light railway! Yea, way to go.....somehow this Obudu will increase traffic if only they have a reliable transportation network. it does not have to be cumbersome to enjoy yourself nah (except if that is what Obudu is selling-and i seriously doubt, because we all know Nigeria)

The cottages should be left the way they are-The only thing i STRONGLY disagree with is the pricing! HABA, Kilode $500-$1000 for a night? These people should be careful nowww angry Which resort/destination in the world does that??

Lastly, the name can remain Obudu.....(It is part of the authenticity my brother or na Sister) Perhaps, if you have a chance, you can read "Staged Authenticity: Arrangements of Social Space in Tourist settings"- Dean MacCannell (1973).

If you ask me, destinations rise and fall. However, Obudu is yet to be born let alone rise, before falling. Obudu is still an idea grin You can read more why destinations rise and fall in " Stanley Plog (2001) Why destinations rise and Fall in Popularity".
Adios smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by mkoabiola: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wooow!av learnt a lot frm ds educative n informative thread.
I intend spending my honeymoon dere,but I need to get certain things so as to serv as a guide.
Do u pay d tourist guide?
Hw much ?
Hw do get d tourist guide?
Is it possible to feel d environment without d tourist guide and stil enjouy it?
Like how much can I take along togeda wit my spouse if am to spend A WEEK?
Snc,I will be going by road (lag precisely)
Hw do I board a bus.
Thanks and God bless evry contributor.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by jjagz: 11:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
stewie100: you quoted me when i was editing my write up and the website interface distorts write ups sometimes.what a m.oron.
just another typical home based nigerian ignoramus.you rude pathetic living thing hanging on to dear life on just 2 dollars a day.stop sending me those 419 emails and most of all stop using my own old pictures of when i lived in nigeria to send me and my white friends 419 emails.stop it now!!

Still your diction leaves a lot to be desired, you didn't do as I said. And no, I will not respond to your insults. Please, how am I supposed to know your identity to want to scam you? And why are you scared of your old pictures? Well, only you knows what you did in Nigeria that you are scared of. Deal with it and move on.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by jjagz: 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Da fück, I've been engaging in useless banter with a mentally colonised, self-deluded Guy who thinks that Nigerians in Nigeria are shït, but still comes to a Nigerian forum created by a Nigerian in Nigeria to spew rubbish. OP, am so sorry for derailing. And I promise not to derail or respond to the so-called liberated Stewie100. Incase you guys don't get what I mean, just take a litle look at his profile and his topics.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by sigba(f): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
stewie100: you quoted me when i was editing my write up and the website interface distorts write ups sometimes.what a m.oron.
just another typical home based nigerian ignoramus.you rude pathetic living thing hanging on to dear life on just 2 dollars a day.stop sending me those 419 emails and most of all stop using my own old pictures of when i lived in nigeria to send me and my white friends 419 emails.stop it now!!
Ur white friends indeed. U have issues, 2dollars ko, 50kobo ni. U don manage smuggle urself enter US, dey wash plate for Mc donalds we no go hear word. Keep decieving urself, u re not an American, if. U do anyhow na to deport u be that.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by armyofone(m): 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
i'm laughing so hard, relocate villagers to city and replace them with giraffe, lions, zebras and hyena lol
not farther from the truth anyway. Yeah name it Green Hills Mountain Resort and see how the Europeans flock in. That name Obudu is scary grin
I wonder how the security is like at Obudu, any idea?

stewie100: if i were to purchase the ranch i would turn it into disneyland,its a shame black people cannot make use of their thinking faculties. they love celebrating mediocrity ,low standards and too busy yapping without listening,here is what can be done
1. relocate the villagers to city 2. bring in giraffes and zebra 3. Ferris wheel 4. fake snow on the mountain to beautify the scenery 5. build a light railway to transport people there /good road connection.
6. those cottages should be modernized glass cottages.7 six big statues of dinosaurs 8. build a fictitious ghost adventure village with illustrating life size human statues 9. call the ranch an english name like Green Hills Mountain Resort and market it worldwide
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by richy1473(m): 12:12am On Oct 15, 2013
flakky legend:

I guess they have repaired d abakaliki to ogoja road as at 2007 I can say that road shd be d worst road in Nigeria if any other road beats dat then theres a problem. After plying dat road I had to do thanks giving for coming out alive.
..God bless you.as at 2009 when I plied that road from that YAYE junction to a village just before Abakaliki and back to IKOM(where I was based then)my brother I couldn't leave my hotel-room for 3days.
That road(though CCECC's yard was stationed there that time)was the worst road in Nigeria.I vowed not to try it again in my life..hope they have finished the road now?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Ribaman(m): 12:45am On Oct 15, 2013
richy1473: ..God bless you.as at 2009 when I plied that road from that YAYE junction to a village just before Abakaliki and back to IKOM(where I was based then)my brother I couldn't leave my hotel-room for 3days.
That road(though CCECC's yard was stationed there that time)was the worst road in Nigeria.I vowed not to try it again in my life..hope they have finished the road now?

@OP
The road has been worked upon. I was on that road a while back
Sadly, the Chinese can't deliver J Berger quality.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Abeg, who open this thread sef
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 15, 2013
lovely pictures bro. smiley
and btw where was my invite? angry grin
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 15, 2013
[quote author=kekerazi]@mz_sleeq no doubt you had maximum fun on course of your service year.
How's Lagos?
[/quote
My dear, lagos is fine. I'm still trying to adjust to the crazy way of life.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nuzo1(m): 5:32am On Oct 15, 2013
flakky legend:

You are right, tho that was some 7 yeears back.
It still beats my imagination why FG neglected such a vital link up road since after the war.

Now, the road could pass for an F1/grand-prix track.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by joyidarauko: 6:40am On Oct 15, 2013
I am proud to be a crossiverian welcome to the cannan land , carnival , carnival is on de 26th for children and adult 27th december , dry run first week of December you are well come book your hotel room befor to avoid no space and book it online thank you
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by beey2(m): 6:51am On Oct 15, 2013
peleson: That is why I say Donald Duke is the best president Nigeria is to have.

I beg to disagree with that. Good projects but not well thought out. Especially that Ranch, it was sited at Obanliku Local Govt., I would have expect the people of that LG to insist on the appropriate naming, how many people of both Obudu n Obanliku can afford even the gate fare? I served in Boki East n can tell u dt that axis electicity is non existence, there is no standard school of any category, most of the locals have never been to Calarba the state capital in their life time and may never go their, I visited the Ranch it was such a beautiful project but meant for only the rich, yes I've got to appreciate good thing but the journey from Calarba will take an average of 8hrs if u don't want to have road crash. Let me just stop here because most Crossriverians as they liked to be called need to start holding their Governors accountable.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by afrikanns: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2013
aventura: I hope lagosians can see what development means and not the crap they post here. These people have it all but they don't make noise about it. Watch and learn.
who is this misinformed animal self,av never read anything called senses in all ur contributions. besides how old are u and how old are u ? where did u get the money to even load credit self. mumu
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by jjagz: 7:28am On Oct 15, 2013
bee-y:

I beg to disagree with that. Good projects but not well thought out. Especially that Ranch, it was sited at Obanliku Local Govt., I would have expect the people of that LG to insist on the appropriate naming, how many people of both Obudu n Obanliku can afford even the gate fare? I served in Boki East n can tell u dt that axis electicity is non existence, there is no standard school of any category, most of the locals have never been to Calarba the state capital in their life time and may never go their, I visited the Ranch it was such a beautiful project but meant for only the rich, yes I've got to appreciate good thing but the journey from Calarba will take an average of 8hrs if u don't want to have road crash. Let me just stop here because most Crossriverians as they liked to be called need to start holding their Governors accountable.
People and talking, just read through this thread. Obudu to Calabar is about 4 hours now. The ranch is not only for the rich please! And our Governors have all been wonderful in their own rights. And this naming ish you are talking about, the ranch was established in the Nineteen Fifties, Obanliku was created out of Obudu in less than or about 20 years ago. You don't just change the name like that, it is a marketing disaster. And a certain someone was saying change the name to Green Hills Resort, let me see you call a place that isn't green in the dry season a Green Hill.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by chucky234(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2013
django1:

You'll never see a cable car in your hotel, neither will you see a breath taking mountain view in that hotel.
I see mountain views all the time,the hotel I usually lodge each time I'm in Abuja give me all the breath-taking mountain views Obudu Cattle Ranch gives.
As for the cable car..,I'm not bothered by the sight of it as the view of those Bentley,R. Royce,Range Rover,Buggati Veron and Ferari cars parading the streets of Victoria Island are far more than enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano Commissions Anambra International Airport (Pictures) / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.