Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Must We Pray Violently To God For It To Be Answered? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must We Pray Violently To God For It To Be Answered? (1136 Views)

Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? / How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We Pray Violently To God For It To Be Answered? by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2013
I used to attend this church that the pastor was of the opinion that prayers are answered quickly by how much loud and violent you could get while praying to God.
He often quote Matthew 11:12 which says;
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent taketh it by force
I used to dread the part where each person has to pray with a partner holding each other's hands because it seems all your partner is tryin to do is to rip out ur arms from their sockets with the constant and endless shovin and pullin. The doctrine is that you must sweat, you must labour, you must be loud, you must be physical and you must be dramatic while prayin. I shit you not. I've seen lots of ppl givin blows punches to the imaginary devils in front of them while prayin to God to kill such demons.
Personally, i dont think God is that deaf or that we must engage the act of violence while talkin to our Creator. I stand to be corrected.
Finally, when you go to Church dont give God orders; just report for duty.

1 Like

Re: Must We Pray Violently To God For It To Be Answered? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2013
Well, the bible is interpreted to suit whatever purpose the pastors seek to achieve. Also, English itself is limited in its own ways so, if the bible says "violence" shooting the demons n enemies won't be a bad idea. Depending on who is interpreting or translation used.
Re: Must We Pray Violently To God For It To Be Answered? by frank317: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2013
This una God self e get nothing way e no go see

Well I like the christian God, he can be anyhting u want him to be
Re: Must We Pray Violently To God For It To Be Answered? by Indifferent(m): 10:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Maybe u should ask the mountain of oku ministry

(1) (Reply)

Why Does The Bible Seem Against Women? / It's Plain Sense / Rapture By Papa Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.