Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner (4739 Views)

My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It? / How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother? / How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Many times writing helps calm my spirit down. I am sad, heartbroken and unhappy.
Here is why.
I picked his phone dis morning,i do once a while. And i saw his chat with dis gurl. Dis gurl's chat i av always followed up cos i wasnt sure they r just friends. Its either he is asking her to call him, or asking really deep questions of eachother. Now 2day, i saw him saying he misses her but hard to say, or he wants to see her nd d worse, "my P is doing geezgeez as am chatting with you". I tried to confront him and ask him what kind of chat that was eventhough am nt sure it was d right thing to do. B4 i knee it he has twisted everything b4 me. Saying did i catch him cheating. Dat i dont av a point. And i rem d last time i saw his chat with this i asked him y they where dat close, he said shez his padi.
He is ere acting as if he did nutting wrong nt a single word of apology, he isnt sober. Am shedding tears nw nt even becos of what he did cos i know dats just a tip of d iceberg. But am sad now cos of d way am bin ignored by him. This same man i make love to like a LovePeddler just to keep him. I do all, i submit. Anyone would advice me not to leave my marriage cos of this, but right now i dont feel respectedaor loved, instead bin apologised to am blamed for picking his phone. How would i pass my message across that am sad, i av cried in front of him he ignored me bluntly. He knows am gulllible, he knows even if i pack out i av no where to go. Is dat y i get treated dis way. I was hurt nd i snapped at him , is dat y i dnt deserve anytin. Anyone will say dont leave ur house for another woman to come in is it not better to be a single mum without a man to stress ur life.
Single girls dis institution called marriage can be d worse night mare once u rush into it like i did, cos i loved him and i tot he did too
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by lecturerdabo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
PRAY FOR HIM!

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Abbey2sam(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
my P is doing geezgeez as am
chatting with you........

This got me laughing tho
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by swtchicgurl: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bombaybombay: Many times writing helps calm my spirit down. I am sad, heartbroken and unhappy.
Here is why.
I picked his phone dis morning,i do once a while. And i saw his chat with dis gurl. Dis gurl's chat i av always followed up cos i wasnt sure they r just friends. Its either he is asking her to call him, or asking really deep questions of eachother. Now 2day, i saw him saying he misses her but hard to say, or he wants to see her nd d worse, "my P is doing geezgeez as am chatting with you". I tried to confront him and ask him what kind of chat that was eventhough am nt sure it was d right thing to do. B4 i knee it he has twisted everything b4 me. Saying did i catch him cheating. Dat i dont av a point. And i rem d last time i saw his chat with this i asked him y they where dat close, he said shez his padi.
He is ere acting as if he did nutting wrong nt a single word of apology, he isnt sober. Am shedding tears nw nt even becos of what he did cos i know dats just a tip of d iceberg. But am sad now cos of d way am bin ignored by him. This same man i make love to like a LovePeddler just to keep him. I do all, i submit. Anyone would advice me not to leave my marriage cos of this, but right now i dont feel respectedaor loved, instead bin apologised to am blamed for picking his phone. How would i pass my message across that am sad, i av cried in front of him he ignored me bluntly.

the bolded part really touched me. If you've submitted and done everything good, the next thing is to pray. are u a christian?
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Your writing is poor. Most people read fantastic lying tales of marriage on NL and d next thing they start talking of how it is better to be single and such nonsense.
Life is tough. Being single Is tough, marriage is tough, going to work everyday is tough, raising kids is tough. Every thing in this life is tough and only the tough survive. Find out ways to make ur relationship or marriage work just like u would make ur job work.

3 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
@OP
the most important thing is DOES HE DESERVE THE LOVE that you have for him. does he deserve all what you are doing for him (for your union)?

here is what you should ask this man of yours:
-is it ok if i chat with my own "padi" and tell them that my vajayjay is wet when i talk to them?

how can he apologise when you have not made him understand that he did something wrong. it is your duty to put 2+2 in front of his eyes, so he can come up to the conclusion of 4.obviously, to this man, unless he penetrates a lady, anything else cannot be considered cheating. your duty is to educate this man on what constitute cheating or not, so that BOTH of you can stand on the same logic.

as for you acting like a lovepeddler in the bedroom, it is your duty to satisfy your man.....therefore whatever freakiness he is into, you have to go with it.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by ifyalways(f): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
You are crying while hes busy having his thing doing "geez geez" for another woman?!
It hurts,I know but you MUST stay strong for yourself then DEAL with it. This is no time to cry,moan or ask what you did wrong. Don't make a mess of yourself cos your partner has decided to mess himself up.

He ignores you? Sad but life must go on. Go about your normal wifely duties, greet him and don't wait for response,serve his food, and if konji hold you at night,mount him,do him and snore yourself to sleep. When he's ready to talk, welcome him then TALK. He can't be flirting around with girls and expect you to be happy. Its not right,not permitted.

And hey, being a w.hoore in the bedroom does not guarantee marital fidelity so don't go out of your way doing things you don't like/hurt you just in the bid of "keeping" a man

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Find your own defense mechanism and live a healthier life, if you don't want to leave.For how long do you intend to cry??quit crying and think of something more objective.I hate to advice on such issues as my advice might be a little too intense,Do what MBJ and IFyalways said.Please don't do the mounting part,because obirinaji ocha abughi enyi mmadu(STD no be person friend).
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
@ Ifyalways," mount him", isn't that a risk?STD things.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sorry to hear about your issues but you said you rushed into marriage how? Was it that you didnt know him or you kinda trapped him with pregnancy? I am just trying to understand how your courtship was like and if he you had to fight to marry him.

First of all, there is no justification for what he is doing. I can also see that you are very dependent on him financially and he has little respect for you. Has he always been like this or he has just found a new sweet 16. Don't rush to do anything you might regret. I will not advice you leave your house as you have nowhere to go. Please talk to him again and talk to members of his family about it. See what they say and do pray for him to.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by taryour(f): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
byvan: @ Ifyalways," mount him", isn't that a risk?STD things.

True its risky. @op abeg wear him a cONdom before mounting him,with that you are on a safe lane.
@ify I agree with you.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by ifyalways(f): 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
byvan: @ Ifyalways," mount him", isn't that a risk?STD things.
true that.
OP,better go have yourself tested already and if you do him,make sure he's sheated.
When he finally gets around, insist on him going for Std tests too.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
;Di wonder if he ll simply lay there and let you sheath him grin,if he refuses, just endure the Konjioooo!!!
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
swtchicgurl:

the bolded part really touched me. If you've submitted and done everything good, the next thing is to pray. are u a christian?
Yea ma i am, and i pray, wake up at night sometimes to pray for my home
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
chaircover: Its one of two things . . .Either He is not in love with you and therefore doesnt care if your feelings are hurt. (You say that you rushed into marriage with him and you have a baby for him. Maybe you were/are not be his first choice.

. . . . . Or he he does this because as you say, he knows that there is nothing you can do and no where to go and he therefore believes that he can do and undo and he lacks respect for you. This is easier to deal with that the first option I mentioned. You just have to change a few things. For example do you work? Do you bring anything to the table? Are you totally dependent on him in all areas?

You need to sit down with yourself and be very honest with yourself and think about things and how and why things got to this stage and with a clear mind work out what to do.
Ofcourse i work. I do all. But its hard to make him sorry.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Gaggi: Your writing is poor. Most people read fantastic lying tales of marriage on NL and d next thing they start talking of how it is better to be single and such nonsense.
Life is tough. Being single Is tough, marriage is tough, going to work everyday is tough, raising kids is tough. Every thing in this life is tough and only the tough survive. Find out ways to make ur relationship or marriage work just like u would make ur job work.
I was crying while writing so ignore d mistakes.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nashville: Sorry to hear about your issues but you said you rushed into marriage how? Was it that you didnt know him or you kinda trapped him with pregnancy? I am just trying to understand how your courtship was like and if he you had to fight to marry him.

First of all, there is no justification for what he is doing. I can also see that you are very dependent on him financially and he has little respect for you. Has he always been like this or he has just found a new sweet 16. Don't rush to do anything you might regret. I will not advice you leave your house as you have nowhere to go. Please talk to him again and talk to members of his family about it. See what they say and do pray for him to.
Am not dependent on him all around cos i work. I got pregnant b4 we got married cos he asked me to sir, not becos i saw that he loved me. He was really nice to me though an dat was all. But he is nice to everybody(Sad to hear but true). Now sir/ma i dont know if urs becos i got preggy he married me though thats how i see things now though. And i av no where to go back to cos my dad will nucely shut his door on me, and dats all i have
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bombaybombay: Many times writing helps calm my spirit down. I am sad, heartbroken and unhappy.
Here is why.
He is ere acting as if he did nutting wrong nt a single word of apology, he isnt sober. Am shedding tears nw nt even becos of what he did cos i know dats just a tip of d iceberg. But am sad now cos of d way am bin ignored by him. This same man i make love to like a LovePeddler just to keep him. I do all, i submit. Anyone would advice me not to leave my marriage cos of this, but right now i dont feel respectedaor loved, instead bin apologised to am blamed for picking his phone. How would i pass my message across that am sad, i av cried in front of him he ignored me bluntly. He knows am gulllible, he knows even if i pack out i av no where to go. Is dat y i get treated dis way. I was hurt nd i snapped at him , is dat y i dnt deserve anytin. Anyone will say dont leave ur house for another woman to come in is it not better to be a single mum without a man to stress ur life.
Single girls dis institution called marriage can be d worse night mare once u rush into it like i did, cos i loved him and i tot he did too

This your matter wear face cap and cover shoe. Not forgetting a very tinted sunglasses. #Pray

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
OP, I have really been keeping off threads where one of a couple is walking all over the other but I will break the ritual a little.

He does all these to you abi? You two have gotten to the famous "no-added-value" phase abi? In your case you are the one perceived to have diminished in value abi? Oh, my deductions. Well, here is what I think you should do: add value to yourself and make it glaring! Yes. Take stock and replenish!

While at it, calmly discuss your stand on the issue, the fact that you no longer trust him and the consequences of his action eventually. No more weepy weepy and vulnerability...no woman should be entirely dependent on a man. Get your act together so he doesn't keep backing you into a corner as we all know that a resourceful woman is no easy target of marital abuse.

I wish you success in your marriage.

4 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bombaybombay:
Am not dependent on him all around cos i work. I got pregnant b4 we got married cos he asked me to sir, not becos i saw that he loved me. He was really nice to me though an dat was all. But he is nice to everybody(Sad to hear but true). Now sir/ma i dont know if urs becos i got preggy he married me though thats how i see things now though. And i av no where to go back to cos my dad will nucely shut his door on me, and dats all i have

You said he asked you to get pregnant and you agreed even though you did not think he loved you? So why get pregnant for him if you were not sure he loved you. Sorry I am just trying to get to the how things were from the beginning. May be he was just looking to raise a family and he was just going to marry any girl that could get pregnant for him.

Madam this is a tough one. I will suggest you plead and talk with him. Tell him how much you love him and how much this hurts you. Tell him how much it is bad for the family and see his reaction. Get his family involved if need be. It seems your husband doesn't love you if at all he ever did, and that is very difficult to change. In his head you are a baby factory and an evidence of his marital life. You need to let him know you are more than that and deserve better. Suggest counseling if possible but what he needs is a total mind shift.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nashville:

You said he asked you to get pregnant and you agreed even though you did not think he loved you? So why get pregnant for him if you were not sure he loved you. Sorry I am just trying to get to the how things were from the beginning. May be he was just looking to raise a family and he was just going to marry any girl that could get pregnant for him.

Madam this is a tough one. I will suggest you plead and talk with him. Tell him how much you love him and how much this hurts you. Tell him how much it is bad for the family and see his reaction. Get his family involved if need be. It seems your husband doesn't love you if at all he ever did, and that is very difficult to change. In his head you are a baby factory and an evidence of his marital life. You need to let him know you are more than that and deserve better. Suggest counseling if possible but what he needs is a total mind shift.
If i tell u his mum is here now, and guess what she couldnt help.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bombaybombay:
If i tell u his mum is here now, and guess what she couldnt help.

Did you speak to her? What did the mum say?
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
Women should be independent no doubt but nobody really says how. A woman needs capital and skills. Even an educated woman with kids will find it tough looking for a job. Young able bodied guys can't even find jobs after school.
When we see women begging with their kids we scorn them yet we want them to be independent. The Nigerian society is tough. People should not just clamour for women to be independent. It would be nice to see threads stating realistic ways in which abused dependent women can raise money and start a decent business.
Too much irrelevant advice on NL. Feminist can even decide to open a trust fund where so called abused women can raise capital. These are more practical ways to help.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Here is why.

May I suggest to you that you can turn things around for yourself? If you have been acting like a doormat and living for his love and approval stop right now. Put the focus on yourself,live for yourself. What do you like doing apart from work?
Do you have a support circle like sisters or friends you can keep company with?can u jog,take long walks anytime you feel unloved. Can you invest your time and energy in something that does not involve him that makes you happy?. Will you consider treating yourself like the queen you are.?Can u keep writng in a journal and keep working towards your happiness.

Remember before you met him your life was happy and didn't revolve around him. Can you work that magic again by loving yourself even while with him.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Bombaybombay: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
andromida:

May I suggest to you that you can turn things around for yourself? If you have been acting like a doormat and living for his love and approval stop right now. Put the focus on yourself,live for yourself. What do you like doing apart from work?
Do you have a support circle like sisters or friends you can keep company with?can u jog,take long walks anytime you feel unloved. Can you invest your time and energy in something that does not involve him that makes you happy?. Will you consider treating yourself like the queen you are.?Can u keep writng in a journal and keep working towards your happiness.

Remember before you met him your life was happy and didn't revolve around him. Can you work that magic again by loving yourself even while with him.
This i like thank u ma/ sir
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by swtchicgurl: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bombaybombay:
Yea ma i am, and i pray, wake up at night sometimes to pray for my home

Bombaybombay:
I was crying while writing so ignore d mistakes.

i feel really bad about this.

Find time to pray in the night or early in the morning this prayers:

- Lord, touch the heart of my husband in my favour in Jesus name.
- Lord, help me to win back the heart of my husband in Jesus name
- Every enemy of my marriage, Father, disgrace them in Jesus name.

Amen. Come back and give testimony.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
chaircover: Gaggi i get what you are saying which is for people to put their money where their mouth is and if you read many threads here on the family section, many people have shared their experiences/given advise on how to make a little money here and there as a woman

The truth is that there is a difference between a woman who asks for N10 from her husband to grind pepper and one who doesn't. That N10 though a very small amount can make a big difference in how a man perceives a woman and how he therefore responds to her.

A man who knows that he can travel knowing fully well that his wife can hold the home front together in his absence is a lot different from a man who has to keep on transferring money home for minor expenses or having to call on one relative or another to go and give his wife money because they have run out of cooking gas.

Back to your question on how women can be productive, there are so many things a woman can do to get change in her hand; hair dressing, pastry's, a small kiosk . . .so many things. No one is telling the woman to earn a 6 figure salary, but being able to do little little things financially will gain her respect.

Do u know some people can't even raise 1,000 naira in a month? Even opening a provision store will cost thousands. Who will an abused woman run to when d husband is against her? It even makes her vulnerabe to sexxxual abuse.

I would love to see u women come together and.help a woman raise capital. If people can do it for those ill or.seeking for school fees why not an abused woman?.
It's food for thought.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
It's d same thing, raising funds for women both abused or not should be something worth thinking about. 'Operation make women independent to avoid or stop the abuse.' Being independent nor be for mouth, it cost mny.
U guys have detected that dependence is the bane of most marital issues.
Everybody knws it is good to be independent but funds are needed.
U are a woman and an influential one in this section. Start something and we will join in.
Re: How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner by ifyalways(f): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Gaggi:

Do u know some people can't even raise 1,000 naira in a month? Even opening a provision store will cost thousands. Who will an abused woman run to when d husband is against her? It even makes her vulnerabe to sexxxual abuse.

I would love to see u women come together and.help a woman raise capital. If people can do it for those ill or.seeking for school fees why not an abused woman?.
It's food for thought.
Do you mean it,Gaggi? LOL
Half of the abused women especially the ones i see on NLD would use the money to prepare better food for the abuser,use the balance change his wardrobe join. cheesy

If and when an abused woman is determined to save her life,leave an abuser,she'll surely get financial help if that is what is REALLY keeping her from doing so.

Besides,I personally focus on the single ladies. I just read a thread where one girl is clearing walking into a bondage all in the name of marriage.she claims the wedding date have been set,the man is cute,takes very good of her but she's ignoring one glaring FACT: the guy is showing traits of an abuser. She is hanging on now probably because of the goodies. There are no short cuts in life.If you hang on to one loser because of the cash then by all means be prepared to chop the slaps that comes with the package.

A woman that have no savings of her own before marriage,no future plans(business,career) is obviously a failure. How was she faring before the man came along? If i had a flourishing business or career pre marriage would it suddenly die because i married ? something i know how hard i toiled to build?I think not undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Sister Or Brother Is Homosexual - What Will You Do? / I'm Not A Big Fan Of ssex! Am I Normal? / Do You Know This Man? He's My Father.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.