Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

How To Make Yam Balls - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Yam Balls (19406 Views)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Easy Way To Make Yam And Platain Egg Sauce ( With Pictures)... / How To Make Yam Flour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Yam Balls by Flow11(f): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
pals,realy nid recipe for yam ball,...had this meal as a kid bt can still remember the feeling it gives me whenever i savoured it...i need it urgently,craving for this again.
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by simplyamazing: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2013
it is called ojojo in my home town
Ingredients
1/2 tuber of water yam
crayfish
fresh pepper
Onions
1 cube of Knorr maggi
Salt to taste
Directions
peel Ur water yam and grate it , then set aside
Dice Ur pepper and onions in another bowl .
Gently fold in the diced onions and pepper into the grated yam
add crayfish, salt and maggi
Mix very well
then fry in a deep pan
until golden brown.
Ur ojojo (yam balls) is ready grin

9 Likes

Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Flow11(f): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2013
wow,i bet this one would taste nice too,tnx simplamazing bt the one i use to know is kind of differnt fron this one...there something that had to do with boiling the yam,rolling in egg before frying.
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by simplyamazing: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2013
Flow11: wow,i bet this one would taste nice too,tnx simplamazing bt the one i use to know is kind of differnt fron this one...there something that had to do with boiling the yam,rolling in egg before frying.
Ok..don't know abt that one.will ask around for it

1 Like

Re: How To Make Yam Balls by didicold(f): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2013
Yeah, i know dis yamballs too, dey used to seel it in glass showcases when i was a kid, i have been looking for d recipe too, i hope someone posts it
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by rali123(f): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2013
Ingredient
Yam
Minced meat or fish
Egg
Maggi(knorr)
Salt
Grounded pepper
Vegetable oil

Cut the yam into small chunks, season with maggi, salt, pepper, onions and boil to soft.

Boil your minced meat with maggi and salt (add just little water, maybe a little above your minced meat) turn frequently so it won't stick together till cook, sieve and set the meat aside.

Mix your egg, grounded pepper, salt and a little maggi(like you want to fry the egg) in a separate bowl

Pound your boiled yam till it form a smooth paste, add your boil minced meat/fish and mix very well till smooth, roll in small chunks, deep in the egg and fry.

Note, if you want to use fish, just boil and add to it as well, you can as well use both.

11 Likes

Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Dexpro: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2014
rali123: how to prepare yam balls

Wow! That post is really informative! 1000 likes to you.
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by crowntoro(f): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
IT IS CALLED "OJOJO" IN YORUBA. WATER YAM IS USED IN PREPARING IT. grin grin grin.. I MISSED IT sad

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Yam Balls by saiprojects(f): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
visit www.saiprojectscooking..com or www.youtube.com/saioladeji for recipes for yam.

Flow11: pals,realy nid recipe for yam ball,...had this meal as a kid bt can still remember the feeling it gives me whenever i savoured it...i need it urgently,craving for this again.
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by ovalrose(f): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
must try this....
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
I tried making this last month, and mehn it was a big mess. So glad I read this, will definitely try it out. Thanks!
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by timpaker(m): 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
As a staunch yam eater (my favourite food) I'm yet to try this particular recipe. Its something I wouldn't miss on a Sunday morning, tomorrow. Just seeing the pix alone is wetting my appetite
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by superior1: 1:57am On Aug 03, 2014
Ojojo
Making my day always
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Alishachris: 1:58am On Aug 03, 2014
would def try this. Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by psychologist(m): 1:58am On Aug 03, 2014
*coughs* abeg wetin b time der?
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by psychologist(m): 1:59am On Aug 03, 2014
superior1: Ojojo
Making my day always
bia u no dey slip?
Abi u b vigilantee
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by superior1: 2:02am On Aug 03, 2014
psychologist: bia u no dey slip?
Abi u b vigilantee

grin smiley >: u nko, na from dream u dey type?
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Aromas: 2:11am On Aug 03, 2014
I dey toilet now!!!
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by shadowwalker101: 2:14am On Aug 03, 2014
nice will come back and read better
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by themejiwalker(m): 3:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Following
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by suwailad(f): 3:06am On Aug 03, 2014
Chai see hunger cry
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by nickz(m): 3:10am On Aug 03, 2014
will try it tommorow
NB;if i do not post on nl through out tomorrow due to food poisoning or spending 24hrs in the toilet,every nairalander wey drop recipe here should be held responsible angry grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Yam Balls by nickz(m): 3:12am On Aug 03, 2014
suwailad: Chai see hunger cry
hunger?? 3:11 am in the morning
babes you have issues grin grin grin *no offence
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by suwailad(f): 3:13am On Aug 03, 2014
nickz: hunger?? 3:11 am in the morning
babes you have issues grin grin grin *no offence
we are different bro
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by nickz(m): 3:15am On Aug 03, 2014
suwailad:
we are different bro
your hunger must be spiritual shocked
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by AdeniyiA(m): 3:35am On Aug 03, 2014
simplyamazing: it is called ojojo in my home town
Ingredients
1/2 tuber of water yam
crayfish
fresh pepper
Onions
1 cube of Knorr maggi
Salt to taste
Directions
peel Ur water yam and grate it , then set aside
Dice Ur pepper and onions in another bowl .
Gently fold in the diced onions and pepper into the grated yam
add crayfish, salt and maggi
Mix very well
then fry in a deep pan
until golden brown.
Ur ojojo (yam balls) is ready grin
yeah ....ojojo #nostalgic feeling cool
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by AdeniyiA(m): 3:36am On Aug 03, 2014
rali123: Ingredient
Yam
Minced meat or fish
Egg
Maggi(knorr)
Salt
Grounded pepper
Vegetable oil

Cut the yam into small chunks, season with maggi, salt, pepper, onions and boil to soft.

Boil your minced meat with maggi and salt (add just little water, maybe a little above your minced meat) turn frequently so it won't stick together till cook, sieve and set the meat aside.

Mix your egg, grounded pepper, salt and a little maggi(like you want to fry the egg) in a separate bowl

Pound your boiled yam till it form a smooth paste, add your boil minced meat/fish and mix very well till smooth, roll in small chunks, deep in the egg and fry.

Note, if you want to use fish, just boil and add to it as well, you can as well use both.
ama try it some day wink
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Ashkormissy(f): 5:18am On Aug 03, 2014
Y is almost evrybody saying 'ojojo'? Yam balls re totally diff nd only one pesin cos d recipe nd procedure ryt..... D one whr u pound d yam....

1 Like

Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 03, 2014
I no wat d op is referin to,ts nt ojojo.wen i ws abt 14yrs old.i went to an islamic sisters program.dy prepare it infront of us buh cnt rmba vy well.

I wrote it down in a paper n avent seen dat paper til 2dae i kept it in a safe place.buh cnt rmba d place

ingredients
salt/salt less cooked yam.
Sardine
vegetable oil
raw egg(i doubt if ts dr)

op,u got to help ursf nw.u gat me brainstormin wit dis receipe.am tryin 2rmba.d taste was divine
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 03, 2014
Ojojo isnt formed into yamballs b4 fryin.av bin waitin 4yrs 4 sum1 2post dis receipe.xo excited,
*following
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Dexpro: 5:44am On Aug 03, 2014
Guys, ojojo is totally different from yam balls. rali123 got it. Read her post. Well explained. Unfortunately, i guess she is no longer active on NL.
Re: How To Make Yam Balls by Smartsyn(m): 6:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Ok..

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Poisonous" Jack And Jill Biscuits Message Is A Hoax / Grains Dealers Slash Prices In Kano / IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD-Oron Crayfish With 10 Free Pieces of Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.