Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. (3992 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I don't know this God because there is no evidence for him,not in my life or the world!!!

I cannot walk with a God that will want to see me surfer. Lol

Anyway I like your zeal but as for me,no amount of talking will convince

Besides those killings in the old testament,really really bugs me, I can't wrap my mind around it and there is no justification I've heard for them that sounds plausible.

Besides there might be a God but the God of the bible? Who I once served is a lie perpetuated by Jews to grab neighbouring lands and all
my zeal is born of knowledge of this God who is mighty to save. You cannot say there is no evidence of God sir. Surely you cannot say that.

If you really served God, then you would know him, and we won't be having a preaching discussion, we'd be having fellowship. Knowing God is a beautiful thing sir. Knowing his love. You need to be saved sir. From sin.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I don't know this God because there is no evidence for him,not in my life or the world!!!

I cannot walk with a God that will want to see me surfer. Lol

Anyway I like your zeal but as for me,no amount of talking will convince

Besides those killings in the old testament,really really bugs me, I can't wrap my mind around it and there is no justification I've heard for them that sounds plausible.

Besides there might be a God but the God of the bible? Who I once served is a lie perpetuated by Jews to grab neighbouring lands and all
and how can you say you did not know God and you served him? You only serve people you know. Know God sir.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: and how can you say you did not know God and you served him? You only serve people you know. Know God sir.

Why do keep assuming you can tell other people their reality? Is it a form of superiority complex?

Oya just tell God to appear in my dreams today,if he does I'll sure share the testimony!!!! I didn't say give me a job ohh before you tell me He is not my puppet.

If he so loves me,let Him appear in my dreams...

Dalu
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: my zeal is born of knowledge of this God who is mighty to save. You cannot say there is no evidence of God sir. Surely you cannot say that.

If you really served God, then you would know him, and we won't be having a preaching discussion, we'd be having fellowship. Knowing God is a beautiful thing sir. Knowing his love. You need to be saved sir. From sin.

I bet if I told you what I did as a christian,you'll tell me I didn't serve him genuinely or another weird thing.

You can't hold a meaningful conversation without thumping the bible, when Annony and Enigma were more active in this section I loved their conversations.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Why do keep assuming you can tell other people their reality? Is it a form of superiority complex?
no sir. It is not a form of superiority complex. It is genuine factual words from someone who knows and experiences you see.

Oya just tell God to appear in my dreams today,if he does I'll sure share the testimony!!!! I didn't say give me a job ohh before you tell me He is not my puppet.

Dalu
it doesn't work that way you see. Those who come to God must believe that he exists and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. If you're genuine sir. You'll see. You'll be saved from sin once you truly speak to him and seek him with a genuine heart. He'll reveal himself to you. I've said it before.

Ndeewo
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I bet if I told you what I did as a christian,you'll tell me I didn't serve him genuinely or another weird thing.

You can't hold a meaningful conversation without thumping the bible, when Annony and Enigma were more active in this section I loved their conversations.
it's not what you did as a christian, its who you are.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you and others who think me a dumbass sir.
I'm a bible person you see.

God's word changes a man. I wish above all that we would have a conversion in which you would be convicted of God and feel and accept his power to save. That is my earnest and heart-felt prayer for all with whom I speak. From those who insult and demean, to those who are a bit nicer like you.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Deep Sight:

Yes.

No human being can live without loving God.

It is what we are.

I a surprised that you are completely missing my point.

If you cannot or have fallen short of loving your neighbor and your fellow man unconditionally, then you are very far from understanding what love really means, let alone understanding and loving god, if at all god exists.

If one can't put away one's prejudices, selfishness and petty wants to love unconditionally, other living beings that you share the planet with, then it's pure shallowness, necessitated by either fear or self-interest, to profess love for an unseen puppet master of the universe.
In other words, a person professes love to love because of the power that the notion of god exudes, the promise or expectation of blessings and protection, and , of course, the fear of the consequences of not professing love for god.

Saying that " I love god because I love myself, my mind, and my being, which in of itself, is god" is balderdash.
It is wishful thinking. It is part of the delusions of blind faith religion.

If you have not reached a state of harmony with all of creation, most importantly your fellow living beings, then the idea of reaching a state of harmony (love)with the presumed godhead would be pure delusion.

This is something I would be expecting you to write about, Oga Deepsight.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by italo: 2:42am On Oct 14, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

You are on the burderline where Saul was before He was turned to Paul,very soon very soon you would be a servant of Yaweh.

Anyway this piece you wrote is awesome...Love your neighbour as you love yourself

Can you please make him say what "love of neighbour" is?

Or can you help him out...since you seem to understand him more?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by italo: 2:45am On Oct 14, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Dalu

Isnt it the same thing Plaetton is doing? Telling us our reality: 'no one loves God or his neighbour.'
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by italo: 2:47am On Oct 14, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

You're being a partial judge. Atheists thump the Bible all the time, even the OP.

Why cant we?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2013
CHARLOE: [b][/b]
@ d op, i am a xtian but i have to agree with u on d bolded above, still bothers me. To be frank, i've bin doing some thinking recently and have come to realise dat i might have belived a lie all my life. Threads like dis have opened my eyes to a whole lot of tins in d bible i took for granted, tins i assuned were ok/credible but are not, dont want to say much for now so as not to derail d thread, will open a thread soon on what am going thru.
I must advise u tho not to be too hard on religous folks if u want to pass ur message across, cos they'll simply switch to defense or attack mode. Also i dont think u're an atheist, but u just don't belive d biblical god (esp d 1 of d old testament) is d 1 true god, but d god of d israelites, just like all pples of d earth have their own gods, am i right? then i think u have a point.
@ my fellow xtians, i have a problem with been told to accept something, no matter how weird or evil, just becos it's written in a book. I am told to belive what i know is not possible just becos it's in d bible, it's called FAITH, and without dis faith (beliving without proof) it's impossible to please God. I give an example; in our homecell meeting we were asked if divine health is possible, if some1 can live on dis earth without falling sick at all, and i said its impossible, needless to say , i was d odd 1 out, every oda person said yes just becos it says so in d 'good book', and in oder not to look out of place, i guess.[b][/b][i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/color][color=#550000]
yes. It is impossible to please God without faith. You have faith for plenty of things, but when it comes to believing God, you refuse. You're tending to rebellion against God. And I am not a religious person.

Once you take God at his word, it means you believe he is real and credible and can do what he says he will do. Simple. You do not experience his personal reality in your life and you now tend to disbelieve him? I'm sorry, but I don't like false brethren. When I'm preaching to atheists, I know its atheists I'm preaching to. When they want to listen, they'll listen. Stop claiming christianity and trying to discredit God because of unbelief. We believe God. And we've seen the impossible fulfilled in our lives. We've seen God heal and save and change lives. We see his work and interventions around us. We come to God on his terms. He'll work with us. We believe his word and his word is fulfilled in our lives.

We believe he heals, he heals. We believe he protects, he protects. You cannot blame God for not intervening and saving and moving when you don't believe he has the power to do so. When you doubt his abilities. That is childish and foolish.

Faith is what makes us peculiar and gives us the power of God. We are the justified. And the justified shall live by faith.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
How does one love God?

By being alive to the spirit within - which is the seed from God, and is, of God.

And how can one hate God?

By being dead to the spirit within - which is the seed from God, and is, of God.

Are there are any rewards/benefits from loving God in this life?

Life. Living.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by ooman(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

By being alive to the spirit within - which is the seed from God, and is, of God.

By being dead to the spirit within - which is the seed from God, and is, of God.

Life. Living.

and how do you become alive or dead to the spirit within? By believing or disbelieving it exists?

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by italo: 9:52am On Oct 14, 2013
ooman:

you dont feel it because a god has filled it up, simple...

Dear Sir, do you have any empirical evidence for this or are you just being delusional?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2013
ooman:

and how do you become alive or dead to the spirit within? By believing or disbelieving it exists?

By Living it.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
I see y'all scoffers mocking the word of God & fulfulling prophecies grin Well =>

Revelation 22:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

To love God is to hate evil; evil as in doing anything immoral, though there are things considered religiously immoral but not generally immoral, illegal or evil. Which is why it's hard for those who are spiritually dead to love God in a religious way.... Pride, adultery etc....

Psalm 97:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Proverbs 8:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Amos 5:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by ezme(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
italo:

Wrong. I dont feel deep emptiness yet I love God.

If you love God, you would love your neighbour too. I am your neighbour, show me some love. give me 5 million to manage for Xmas. A refusal means you don't love me, or atleast you don't love me enough to put yourself in discomfort.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
ezme:

If you love God, you would love your neighbour too. I am your neighbour, show me some love. give me 5 million to manage for Xmas. A refusal means you don't love me, or atleast you don't love me enough to put yourself in discomfort.
this is silly
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by ooman(m): 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

By Living it.

i can ask again, how do you live it? stop prevaricating, i dont think you have an answer....
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
ooman:

i can ask again, how do you live it? stop prevaricating, i dont think you have an answer....

I am quite sure that is his own way of saying that you have to believe in god first.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. God is patient and kind and loving. He is also a just God and cannot allow sin to go unpunished. If you call punishment of sin killing of innocent children and condemning to hell, you are not being sensible. You enjoy sin and you think God won't be good to punish you in hell? Think again. God is just and holy. He cannot allow sin in any form or kind to go unpunished. He is also loving and forgiving. Why die in your sins he says? Why go to hell. Get life. Believe in him and receive him and be saved from sin and justified. But you insult him and continue in your rebellion and sin. If you die in your sins, trust me. You will be thrown into hell. It will be just to throw you into hell for punishment for your sins.

You are the one being illogical. You rebel and insult God, and fight against him with vigor and zeal. Blaming him for every bad thing that has ever happened to humanity, from religion to natural disasters. And you expect to abide in his kingdom for eternity after you die in your sins and rebellion. No. Think again. You will be seperated from him for eternity in the fires of hell if you die in your sins. That is the just and right punishment for your evil deeds. You DESERVE it. But he's still loving and willing to forgive even now as yoy still live. Jesus still died for your sins inspite of your continued renellion. He still beckons in God's love. Get saved and be free from the power of darkness and rebellion. Will you? Your reply will tell.

Delusions.
I just wrote out a long list of evils things that your yahweh did in the bible, and you are still insisting on God's love.

Is he schizophrenic or are you suffering from cognitive disonance ?

I read the same bible as you, and I have not come across any act of love by Yahweh in any shape or form.

Just look how many threats are contained in your post?
If you and your god need to threaten people for not acknowledging or loving him, then you and your imaginary daddy are wacko birds with deep self-esteem issues.

" The pre-eminence of any system, philosophical or religious, is measured by the quality of it's outputs"

If your religion was any real or meaningful, you would not be begging people to please come and love your skydaddy with you.
lol.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton:

Delusions.
I just wrote out a long list of evils things that your yahweh did in the bible, and you are still insisting on God's love.

Is he schizophrenic or are you suffering from cognitive disonance ?

I read the same bible as you, and I have not come across any act of love by Yahweh in any shape or form.

Just look how many threats are contained in your post?
If you and your god need to threaten people for not acknowledging or loving him, then you and your imaginary daddy are wacko birds with deep self-esteem issues.

" The pre-eminence of any system, philosophical or religious, is measured by the quality of it's outputs"

If your religion was any real or meaningful, you would not be begging people to please come and love your skydaddy with you.
lol.
now you're just mocking and acting blind. I'm sure you didn"t even take time to read my posts. I might be preaching to you now. But you will soon stand before God in judgement. We'll see how you'll laugh then.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: its not a threat. It's plain reality. You sin and you're unrepentant. Shouldn't that make you stop to think?

Oh. Now's the time of grace, that's why you aren't feeling God's judgement yet. Its another example of his lovingkindness.

But when one dies, one faces judgement. Its plain truth. And judgement is not where you ask God questions, its where you stand before him and receive the rewards of your deeds on earth.

I'm not a religious person. Religion brings bondage. Christ brings freedom and life.

Matthew 11:28-30 the message
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.

Ponder the above scripture sir.

People have said more sensible things while high on weed. lol

" Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, but only can free yourself"
-Bob Marley: chapter 1, verse 1. the greatest prophet our time.

And why are you obsessed with my sin?.
Why does the fact that I enjoy intimate sin bother you so much?
Do you not enjoy intimate sin?
Are you castrated or something?

Hypocrite! "Pull out the log in your own eyes before you notice the speck in another person's eye".

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by honeychild(f): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton:

Same hypocrisy applies for the so-called love we profess for god.
We love the idea of a god, our personal body guard and provider. We say we love god because of our selfish expectations of him.
Selfish expectations and our fears and anxieties. These are the basis of our faiths.

It is utterly illogical and silly to profess undying love for an invisible skydaddy, while neglecting to love and show real love to our neighbors.

You cannot love god if you do not have real unconditional love for your fellow man, your fellow living creatures, the earth and everything in it which god supposedly created.

If you hate Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas,etc, then you cannot love god.

If you hate any race of humans, then you cannot love god.

If you hate snakes, cockroaches, spiders or any living creature, then you cannot love god.

Every one professes unflinching love for god because it seems a lot easier than making even the smallest attempt to love our fellow humans and neighbors.
Loving god is easy. All you have to is repeat it to yourself a few times, and viola! You love god.

Loving our neighbors, on the other hand, is difficult and challenging, and entails great sacrifices.

Funny, but what you just said sounds like you were quoting the Bible.

1 John 4:20
Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
honeychild:

Funny, but what you just said sounds like you were quoting the Bible.

1 John 4:20
Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen

Thanks a billion, Sister, for pointing that out. smiley

That is exactly the simple truth I was trying to convey.

I hope the Christians are able to read it for themselves.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^^
I hope Joshthefirst is reading it and understanding it instead of clinging to his meaningless mumbo jumbo babbles.

I always find it very interesting how simple truths are sidestepped and swapped with meaningless mumbo jumbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Examining Quran 9:29 – Islam Sanction The Killing Of Christians & Jews? / Islam And "honour Killings" / Voodoo On White People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.