Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. (3994 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Think seriously please.

What is a seeing mind.

You agree that only a mind - a person, can see or behold a thing - anything, no?

What then does this mean and imply?

Animals can also see or behold a thing.

Some plant species have tactile senses that respond to external stimuli.

Can we say that they too have a mind?

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

It is silly the say that someone is rebelling against an invisible being that he does not even acknowledge to exist.
Quite silly.

The contradictions are so laughable.
Jesus , aka, assistant god, came to earth to dies for our sins, and yet, after he left , we are still sinning to now.

Then WTF was the whole crucifixion racket all about?
Nothing changed. Nada
why are you embarrasing yourself sir? It's like we're going through a cycle of you repeating the same silly questions. Refusing to acknowledge God doesn't change his reality.
Jesus died. That changed a whole lot of things you see. It changed the very way man could percieve life. He died so you wouldn't go through the same cycle of sinning. His power and gift of life and freedom of sin is available if you accept it. It has been given. Our duty is to receive it. But the world continues to wax worse in sin and rebellion, deliberately refusing to accept God's salvation. Until you accept God's free gift, it won't benefit you. God is not going to force you into his kingdom.

Why are you unrepentant?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: why are you embarrasing yourself sir? It's like we're going through a cycle of you repeating the same silly questions. Refusing to acknowledge God doesn't change his reality.
Jesus died. That changed a whole lot of things you see. It changed the very way man could percieve life. He died so you wouldn't go through the same cycle of sinning. His power and gift of life and freedom of sin is available if you accept it. It has been given. Our duty is to receive it. But the world continues to wax worse in sin and rebellion, deliberately refusing to accept God's salvation. Until you accept God's free gift, it won't benefit you. God is not going to force you into his kingdom.

Why are you unrepentant?

OMGosh.

This guy is soooo daft.

Do you read what you write at all.

Jesus died to free me from the cycle of sinning?
And yet, 2000 years later, I am still a sinner, and enjoying my sin too, according to you.

Are you so daft that you cannot even observe and infer from that sentence of yours that Jesus obviously FAILED?

And secondly, if your Jesus and your skydaddy want to save me from the sin of intimate enjoyment, tell them I said[b] Nooooo thanks.[/b]
I dont want to be doing self-service like you, in heaven.

You , your Jesus, you skydaddy, can do whatever perverse things that suits you all in your never never land.
I am quite ok with what I am enjoying.

" If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
lmao!!

plaetton:

OMGosh.

This guy is soooo daft.

to who ever he is talking about, i am NOT taking sides but that is hilarious grin
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

#fatality
#uppercut
#knockout
#finishing'

grin grin grin

stop instigating! tongue
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

OMGosh.

This guy is soooo daft.

Jesus died to free me from the cycle of sinning?
And yet, 2000 years later, I am still a sinner, and enjoying my sin too, according to you.
did you read my post? You keep sinning because you do not accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross.

Are you so daft that you cannot even observe and infer from that sentence of yours that Jesus obviously FAILED?

And secondly, if your Jesus and your skydaddy want to save me from the sin of intimate enjoyment, tell them I said Nooooo thanks.
I dont want to be doing self-service like you, in heaven.

You , your Jesus, you skydaddy, can do whatever perverse things that you all.
I am quite ok with what I am enjoying.

" If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
jesus didn't fail. To those who have accepted christs salvation, the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. We're saved you see.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: did you read my post? You keep sinning because you do not accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross.

jesus didn't fail. To those who have accepted christs salvation, the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. We're saved you see.

So he only died for people like you?
Funny, I was under the impression that he died for the whole world.

Well , that's good.
Who needs him?

Well, good for you then.

Keep him.
Since you do not like female intimacy, both of you can sort out yourselves. lol

I don't envy you. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

Animals can also see or behold a thing.

Some plant species have tactile senses that respond to external stimuli.

Can we say that they too have a mind?

Logicboy03:

It is just romanticising the function of the brain......

Yes only a conscious mind can see.....how does that make God exist?

This infers the indubitable existence of a mind which observes a world external to itself.

This is a great building block in thought development if you are interested in the mysteries of reality.

This should set you on your way, to God, if you please.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

So he only died for people like you?
Funny, I was under the impression that he died for the whole world.

Well , that's good.
Who needs him?

Well, good for you then.

Keep him.
Since you do not like female intimacy, both of you can sort out yourselves. lol

I don't envy you. cheesy grin
he died for the whole world yes. But he won't force salvation down your throat. Why is that so difficult for you to understand. You have freewill. You can choose to reject God, like you have done. You can choose to enjoy fornication on earth and get full and just punishment for your sins, as you have done.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: he died for the whole world yes. But he won't force salvation down your throat. Why is that so difficult for you to understand. You have freewill. You can choose to reject God, like you have done. You can choose to enjoy fornication on earth and get full and just punishment for your sins, as you have done.

What makes fornication wrong?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

What makes fornication wrong?
from a bibilical perspective? Or from a secular perspective?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
DeepSight:

Yes.

No human being can live without loving God.

It is what we are.

Bullshyte Deepsight.
Its like saying that no child can live without profound love for the toothfairy.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Hiswordxray(m): 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
plaetton:
Religious folks often profess unconditional love for god, and also, as expected, confess great hatred for Satan.

If nothing else, this professed love for god is the best proof of the hypocrisy, shallowness and self-serving nature of religious faith.

Unless the word love has a different meaning in theology, it is not possible to love an invisible being whose presence we only imagine when it suits us.

Take Satan for example, no one has seen or interacted with him on record, yet every Christian claims to hate Satan purely based on unsubstantiated hearsay. In other words, Christians claim to hate Satan because they are expected to. Satan is the imaginary fall guy for the many failings or contradictions of an omni omni god.

Same hypocrisy applies for the so-called love we profess for god.
We love the idea of a god, our personal body guard and provider. We say we love god because of our selfish expectations of him.
Selfish expectations and our fears and anxieties. These are the basis of our faiths.

It is utterly illogical and silly to profess undying love for an invisible skydaddy, while neglecting to love and show real love to our neighbors.

"Love thy neighbor, and do unto others as you have them do unto you"
Bingo!
Someone actually did try to point the way of true love.

You cannot love god if you do not have real unconditional love for your fellow man, your fellow living creatures, the earth and everything in it which god supposedly created.

If you hate Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas,etc, then you cannot love god.

If you hate any race of humans, then you cannot love god.

If you hate snakes, cockroaches, spiders or any living creature, then you cannot love god.

If hate our mother Earth, if you consider her unclean, if you anxiously await her destruction because some wacko has told that it will come to pass, then surely, you cannot love god.

Every one professes unflinching love for god because it seems a lot easier than making even the smallest attempt to love our fellow humans and neighbors.
Loving god is easy. All you have to is repeat it to yourself a few times, and viola! You love god.

Loving our neighbors, on the other hand, is difficult and challenging, and entails great sacrifices.
In loving our neighbor, we have to overcome so much of our prejudices, insecurities, petty jealousies, etc. And of course, unlike god, we don't expect our petty selfish desires to be met by our neighbors.

So, the next time someone says" I love god", you know you are looking at a liar, a hypocrite and a sycophant.
God is now invisible to me but He is more real than my mother and I love Him.
Just because you don't know God does not mean the He does not exist.

It sad that you are missing out. God is so lovely.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God is now invisible to me but He is more real than my mother and I love Him.
Just because you don't know God does not mean the He does not exist.

It sad that you are missing out. God is so lovely.

Wow 0!
God is more real than your mother?
Profound indeed.

I don't envy you.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2015
plaetton:

Bullshyte Deepsight.
Its like saying that no child can live without profound love for the toothfairy.

Long remains your journey.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
DeepSight:

Long remains your journey.

Ha ha.
I have managed to smoke you out of hibernation. grin
How far na?
Are you back to Earth, or still in a higher dimension.?
We miss your insights, Oh wordy sire.
cheesy
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
^ I am well, my friend, I hope you and family are well.

However I see that you are still in the business of comparing belief in your creator to belief in the tooth-fairy and the like.

~: It is no matter; for every soul will come to recognition at some time or the other.
Either within this Earth-Life, or at Death.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
DeepSight:
^ I am well, my friend, I hope you and family are well.

However I see that you are still in the business of comparing belief in your creatomr to belief in the tooth-fairy and the like.

~: It is no matter; for every soul will come to recognition at some time or the other.
Either within this Earth-Life, or at Death.

Yes indeed, sir.
Every soul must inevitably come to the recognition of the unity, interconnectedness and oneness of all things in the universe.
Still, no god required.

There is only one electron in the universe.
By yet-to-be understood quantum mechanical processes, that one electron just happens to be everywhere at once.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2015
plaetton:

Yes indeed, sir.
Every soul must inevitably come to the recognition of the unity, interconnectedness and oneness of all things in the universe.
Still, no god required.

There is only one electron in the universe.
By yet-to-be understood quantum mechanical processes, that one electron just happens to be everywhere at once.

Lol.

Yet, that one electron is God.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
DeepSight:

Lol.

Lol.
Religion would actually make a lot more sense if thinking beings like us paid a much deserved homage to the one and only, ubiquitous, and omnipresent electron, from whence all matter are constructed.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Religion would actually make a lot more sense if thinking beings like us paid a much deserved homage to the one and only, ubiquitous, and omnipresent electron, from whence all matter are constructed.

What do you think are the properties of said electron?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
DeepSight:

What do you think are the properties of said electron?
This is the pitfall the humans have often fallen into.
There is a danger in trying to ascribe properties and qualities.
Often, this is where false twists are added to simple essential truths.

Our obligation should be to continue to ask questions and to seek answers, using reliable , universally accepted methods.

Remember, Start with doubts in order to arrive at certainty, not start with Certainty, and then battle with doubts thereafter for eternity.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
DeepSight:

Lol.

Back to issue of the unity, interconnectedness and oneness of things, let me use this opportunity to address a topic I owe you from another thread recently,on how the self sees itself.

The brain (or mind, if prefer to use that term) is a vast neural network of electrical interactions.

In addition to that, each mind is also, most importantly, a single part of a Global , and if I may add, a universal network of neural interactions.

Remember, with the singular electron being everywhere at once, distance between each individual neural network is a delusion.

By seeing ourselves, as is always the case, as different and distinct from our global neural environment, we live our lives, in fact, our entire life experiences become a deluded disconnection with reality.

Thus, we live in confusion about the mysteries of our reality.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2015
plaetton:

This is the pitfall the humans have often fallen into.
There is a danger in trying to ascribe properties and qualities.
Often, this is where false twists are added to simple essential truths.

Our obligation should be to continue to ask questions and to seek answers, using reliable , universally accepted methods.

Remember, Start with doubts in order to arrive at certainty, not start with Certainty, and then battle with doubts thereafter for eternity.

What on earth are you saying, and how is it relevant to my simple question? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

If that "electron" has no discernible properties, then you have no right to use any descriptive term for it in the first place, much less call it an "electron" at all!

Indeed you cannot even state that anything exists at all if you say that no properties can be known or ascribed.

This is made worse by the fact that in your next post above, you go ahead to actually ascribe properties to it - such as omnipresence.

This is a ridiculous contradiction because, in answer to the question on properties, you merely react by meaninglessly sermonizing about the danger of ascribing properties. You then go right ahead and ascribe many properties - aside from omnipresence you also ascribe interconnectedness of self therein.

There is no problem with philosophizing this way and that way - even while you merely substitute religious ideas with supposedly scientific terms (viz: "God" for "Electron" - "soul" for "mind" - "Life/ World/ Spirit" - for "deluded disconnection with reality" - and others) - - ->

However there is every problem with the cocktail of meaningless confusion which you have set out up there, especially as it is far more meaningless than the religious gibberish which you so vehemently deride, and also as it is glaringly self-contradictory to the extent that you deride the ascription of properties and then proceed to immediately ascribe properties yourself - aside from the worse issue of the fact that it is untenable to even say that anything exists if you cannot identify any of its properties.

Indeed, is this not the very ground on which you and multiple others have scoffed at the existence of God?

This simply shows that you are indeed desperately confused.

What is pitiful is the way you lot spew this kind of inane gibberish and yet smugly imagine yourselves more enlightened or coherent than the religionists you so deride.

I would advise you to step down from this paper-tower of pseudo-scientific delusion and welcome and embrace the warmth of simple and clear truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Battle Of Elohim And Yahweh / Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? / Islam And "honour Killings"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.