Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore (14250 Views)

Ikpeazu Doesn't Eat Foreign Rice / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / CNN Doesn't Know Where Nigeria Is? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2008
Nothing works in Nigeria any more. Electricity has dropped to less than 900mw, water no dey run, sanitation remains poor; now even our tried and tested juju has begun to fail us. What's happening?

We relied on our local technology or juju to fight the white man from colonizing us, used juju to find missing aircrafts.

Does anyone remember the good old days when men were men and you could walk on River Niger, walk through walls, and cause untold confusion among the army and police by making them speak totally different languages, thanks to our local juju technology?

Unfortunately, things have fallen apart and our potent juju has tended towards impotence.

If only these guys in Akwa Ibom who went to unleash their juju on the local police command had understood the weaning powers of their technology. Does anybody have any suggestion on how to increase the potency of our juju?

Our juju failed us, kidnappers tell Okiro
By Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja
Published: Thursday, 3 Jul 2008
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, and other senior police officers watched in awe on Wednesday as suspected kidnappers narrated how they tried in vain to secure the release of one of their own from police station with the aid of juju.

The suspects, Idorenyin Akpan, Aniefiok Sunday and Aniefiok, told Okiro that they had gone to the Akwa Ibom State Police Headquarters in Uyo to plant charms against the commissioner of police in the state and the investigating officers in charge of the case of a Lebanese who was kidnapped.

They claimed that their friend was arrested at Ikot Akpan, Abia Village, Uyo, on June 28, adding that the essence of the charm was to cause confusion among policemen in the headquarters to release their colleagues and evade justice.

Akpan, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues, said, “We went there with our juju which was prepared for us by the man who we have paid for the job. We paid him N7,000.

“But we were surprised that instead of the juju working in our favour, it worked against us. That was how we were arrested.”

Seven other suspects were also paraded by the police boss for kidnapping while three others were accused of cultism and unlawful possession of firearm.

The first set of the suspects, Ubong Akpan, Bassey Akpabio, Uwen Akpan and John Effiong were accused of kidnapping three Chinese and were paid N18m before they were released.

According to Okiro, “These suspects kidnapped the three expatriate staff of AKC Alphast plant, at Akampa, Cross River State.

“They demanded and received ransom amounting to N18m. The group engaged a native doctor to assist them to escapee arrest.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200807033502962

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by presido1: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2008
If that is the case we were left with noffin.
laugh laugh laugh
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 03, 2008
Africa, Nigeria precisely had and still relies on juju to cheat, kill and destroy anything good. Unfortunately for them, evil does not preside over good for a long time.

The chickens are coming home to roast. tongue
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by coolier(f): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2008
naijaking1:

Our juju failed us, kidnappers tell Okiro
By Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja
Published: Thursday, 3 Jul 2008

The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, and other senior police officers watched in awe on Wednesday as suspected kidnappers narrated how they tried in vain to secure the release of one of their own from police station with the aid of juju.

The suspects, Idorenyin Akpan, Aniefiok Sunday and Aniefiok, told Okiro that they had gone to the Akwa Ibom State Police Headquarters in Uyo to plant charms against the commissioner of police in the state and the investigating officers in charge of the case of a Lebanese who was kidnapped.

They claimed that their friend was arrested at Ikot Akpan, Abia Village, Uyo, on June 28, adding that the essence of the charm was to cause confusion among policemen in the headquarters to release their colleagues and evade justice.

Akpan, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues, said, “We went there with our juju which was prepared for us by the man who we have paid for the job. We paid him N7,000.

“But we were surprised that instead of the juju working in our favour, it worked against us. That was how we were arrested.”

Our people use to say 'if one hasn't been to anothers father's farm, one would believe his father's farm is the best'. This is just a question of 'juju' pass 'juju'. Our policemen too no easy o!!! Then too they jazz, abi na who wan die? So the robbers wey carry juju go meet police for station, then know wetin the policemen get for hand and body?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2008
nuzo:

Africa, Nigeria precisely had and still relies on juju to cheat, kill and destroy anything good. Unfortunately for them, evil does not preside over good for a long time.

The chickens are coming home to roast. tongue
Oga,
so you disbelieve indeginous technology? OBJ, Ohakim, and Fani-Kayode will disagree.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by lobinoxebe(m): 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2008
Nothing Sure pass God,

Na God sure pass
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2008
coolier:

Our people use to say 'if one hasn't been to anothers father's farm, one would believe his father's farm is the best'. This is just a question of 'juju' pass 'juju'. Our policemen too no easy o!!! Then too they jazz, abi na who wan die? So the robbers wey carry juju go meet police for station, then know wetin the policemen get for hand and body?

Are you saying our police should really invest better money on updating their own juju technology?

So instead of buying more helicopters, guns, GPS devices to fight crime, the Nigerian police should use that money to make the strongest juju on the street?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2008
naijaking1:

Oga,
so you believe indeginous technology? OBJ, Ohakim, and Fani-Kayode will disagree.

Sorry ooo, i was trying to explain the issue on ground to reasonable people like you and not to the likes of OBJ and Fanny who unfortunately happens to be in the majority in Nigeria.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by nedra: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2008
[color=#000099][/color] na who tell u say juju no dey work again, eh! if not how do u tink i winched iyabo obasanjo into efcc wahala
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by galatico(m): 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
He who puts his trust in charms shall fail but he who puts his trust in GOD shall wax strong. I don't believe in JUJU it's pure nonsense.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
nedra:

[color=#000099][/color] na who tell u say juju no dey work again, eh! if not how do u think i winched iyabo obasanjo into efcc wahala

Abeg no forget winch our power supply from 900mw to the desired 10,000mw oh jare
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Sisikill: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2008
Okay, we obviously have a dire situations on our hands. I just came from a thread where a girl in UK was texting Babalawo for love Juju and now this??! I blame our grandparents (well not mine sha, since they handled business), they have laxed in their duties so badly, it's not even funny.

Gone are the days when as soon as a child could walk and talk, they were sat down and taught the fine art of juju making by their grandparents. It wasn't an option, it was a must but today. . . everyone is just doing whatever.  

1) Wuruwuru and paapaapaa juju for kidnapping (so obvious they missed the first rule of juju making. . . Take your time. No Hurry in Life or you will be sorry for life)

2) Texting Babalawo for love juju (This one missed the 2nd & 3rd rule of juju making. . . Love jujus must be made by the hands of she (or he) who wants to be love & Never let someone else do for you, what you can do yourself)

What next? Denying Juju even exists let alone works?? I'm afraiding, I can not lie, I really am.

I'm using this opportunity as a call to arms. . . people it's time for us to go back to the basics. Let us pick up the slack where our grandparents failed. (again not my own)
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by bebure(m): 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2008
Are you people joking? Juju is in your minds oh. That's why Nigeria will not progress, when we have people hoping evil supernatural powers will deliver us.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2008
Sisikill:

Okay, we obviously have a dire situations on our hands. I just came from a thread where a girl in UK was texting Babalawo for love Juju and now this??! I blame our grandparents (well not mine sha, since they handled business), they have laxed in their duties so badly, it's not even funny.

Gone are the days when as soon as a child could walk and talk, they were sat down and taught the fine art of juju making by their grandparents. It wasn't an option, it was a must but today. . . everyone is just doing whatever.

1) Wuruwuru and paapaapaa juju for kidnapping (so obvious they missed the first rule of juju making. . . Take your time. No Hurry in Life or you will be sorry for life)

2) Texting Babalawo for love juju (This one missed the 2nd & 3rd rule of juju making. . . Love jujus must be made by the hands of she (or he) who wants to be love & Never let someone else do for you, what you can do yourself)

What next? Denying Juju even exists let alone works?? I'm afraiding, I can not lie, I really am.

I'm using this opportunity as a call to arms. . . people it's time for us to go back to the basics. Let us pick up the slack where our grandparents failed. (again not my own)

Texting Babalawo for juju advice is ironical. She should have used direct mind-mind connection, ESP, or whatever they call it, or our Babas can't pick up info from ESP?

If our grand parents did so well, how come the European juju just catch-em off guard like that? Enslaved many of them, killed many them, and shipped many to cultivate the lands of far away America with their hands, not their redundant juju minds.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by SkyBlue1: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2008
naijaking1:

Abeg no forget winch our power supply from 900mw to the desired 10,000mw oh jare

cheesy LOL  cheesy

naijaking1:

Texting Babalawo for juju advice is ironical. She should have used direct mind-mind connection, ESP, or whatever they call it, or our Babas can't pick up info from ESP?

If our grand parents did so well, how come the European juju just catch-em off guard like that? Enslaved many of them, killed many them, and shipped many to cultivate the lands of far away America with their hands, not their redundant juju minds.

@naijaking, can you blame babalawo for wanting to expand and advertise his services and fitting in with the state of things? At least with the use of text, the news can spread of the service provided. When you get a text and someone asks you "who was that?" and you say, "oh it was just my babalawo let me give you his number", advertising has been done indirectly. Before long you will start hearing of babalawo sales: "50% off mondays"; "buy one get one free tuesdays"; "spend 20k get free love potion wednesdays"; "free goat head with all purchase on saturdays"; "harmattan clearance sales"; the sunday specials with names like "the sango experience", "the amadiohalets", etc. This one is 21st century marketing and business. I just have this image of some babalawo all dressed in his gear of wrapper, village hats, "hasn't baffed in 2 weeks" odour, etc, with a bluetooth headset taking business calls.

1 Like

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Sky blue
You've got a good one there. I can't stop laughing!!!

1 Like

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by bilymuse: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2008
l dont believe juju really ever works.

if juju really works the British would not had colonise the entire country. those were the days of the original juju men, when men dine with gods.

Generally, religion provide social order and moral guidance, if you expect any miracle, then you are living in a fools paradise.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by everchris(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
Any body that says juju doesnt work should go and try a BABALAWO and see whether juju really works or not.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by viceb: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2008
okotiebohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
well sha God deyyyyyyy grin grin grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by sherron(f): 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2008
In Jamaica, we call juju obeah and many people believe in it until this day. The problem with obeah is the people use it against each other to do each other harm and they wonder why they can't peosper. Sometimes it is in your mind. It doesn't work on white people because white peole are not busy believing in it per say; they are just busy watching caribbeans and Africans use it against each other like fools.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Sisikill: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ Sky Blue.
Rotflmao. . . Goodness! I won't die on Nairaland. Seriously though, what you just dipicted shows exactly what has become of Juju. . . People are in it for monetary gains, what happened to wanting to help others trap their love? What happened to helping criminals get away with their crimes? I ask you. . . Where is the PASSION? Aah, it's all gone to hell now.

I opened City People the other day and I saw a half a page ad . . . with big bold letters listing all the services a Jujuman provides. Not only did he have 2 cell #s, he had a pager and a website. I almost cried I tells ya. How did it get so bad? I can imagine my grandpapa turning in his grave. Now there was a man who was in it for the sake of helping people.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by spikedcylinder: 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2008
Who told you juju fails?? You never jam origo! grin grin

sherron:

In Jamaica, we call juju obeah and many people believe in it until this day. The problem with obeah is the people use it against each other to do each other harm and they wonder why they can't peosper. Sometimes it is in your mind. It doesn't work on white people because white peole are not busy believing in it per say; they are just busy watching caribbeans and Africans use it against each other like fools.

I use this word a lot because i picked it up from the movie MEET JOE BLACK wher Brad Pit was speaking Jaimacan with the old woman and she was warning him about OBEAH. Obeah just felt rythmic and it stuck! smiley
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by spikedcylinder: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ skyblue
You don killme finish with laughter!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by origina9ja(f): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2008
galatico:

He who puts his trust in charms shall fail but he who puts his trust in GOD shall wax strong. I don't believe in JUJU it's pure nonsense.

so derez a pastor in da house grin grin grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by kufreabasi(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2008
what of indian power  that is being advertised every where in Nigeria.
why not talk about this
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by CARUSO(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2008
Naija don run down patapata be dat!! grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by kessie(f): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2008
Sky Blue and Sisikill, you guys are making my tommy hurt from laughing too hard. wowwwww lolllllllllllll
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by idupaul: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2008
we are in trouble, even our juju has started to fail, the govt must do somtin bout it.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Solution50: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2008
What so ever way you may look at it. There is Evil Power and there is Good Powers in this World and Nigeria is Not Left Out. I will say that it is because of ignorance that make you people to feel that Juju is no more working is a very big lie. Go and Still a Yoruba Christian and Know if Nigerians do have Christianity or not. The Yoruba woman will Use Juju to Kill you in the next seconds
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by origina9ja(f): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
CARUSO:

Naija don run down patapata be that!! grin

i comment say pastor dey house
na way u don cum na devil dey house grin grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by kufreabasi(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2008
solution50, i agree with you
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by mahal(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2008
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore

I just saw one Juju, working at the customer service desk at Zenith bank, ikeja. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sambo's Supporters Die In Autocrash. / 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election / Electoral Act: Senate Amends Section Barring Statutory Delegates From Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.