Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast (12904 Views)

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat: Sins Forgiven For Two Years / The Importance of the Day Of Arafat / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Deen4me(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
Tomorrow is the Day of Arafat

The most critical day of Hajj. If missed, cannot be compensated for, which is why the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Hajj is Arafah!"

For those outside of Hajj, it was designated as the greatest single day for fasting in the year.

The Prophet (pbuh) said that one who fasts that day and it is accepted, will have the minor sins of the past year and the coming year erased!!!

Allaahu akbar. May Allah bless us all with its acceptance, those of us on Hajj and those at home.

Let each and everyone of us pray for the entire Muslim Ummah to rid of all the calamity that has befallen us, May Allah release us of the fitnah of the oppressors

We should also pray for our country Nigeria.

Best Invocation On The Day Of Arafah

The Prophet (SAW) said:

The best invocation is that of the Day of Arafat, and the best that anyone can say is what I and the Prophets before me have said:

Laa 'ilaha 'illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'ala kulli shay'in Qadir.

None has the right to be worshiped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things.

Tirmidhi 3/184

46 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by maclatunji: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
Aa’ishah narrated the Messenger of Allah saying:
“There is no day on which Allah frees more
people from the Fire than the day of Arafah.
He comes close and expresses His pride to the
angels saying, ‘What do these people (the
Hajis) want?’” [Courtesy: Saheeh Muslim]

As is reported in the Saheehayn (Saheeh al-
Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim), from Umar Ibn
al-Khattab that a Jewish man said to him: “O
Ameer al-Mumineen (O head of the Muslims)!
There is a verse in the Holy Qur’an, which if it
was revealed on us, the Jews, we would have
taken that day as an Eid (festival).” Umar
asked: “Which verse?” He said: “This day I have
perfected your religion for you, completed My
favour upon you, and have chosen for you
Islam as your religion.” [Surah Al Maidah, 5:3]
Umar said: “We know on which day and in
which place was this verse revealed to Allah’s
Messenger. It was when he was standing in
Arafah on a Friday”. This day happens to be
approximately 70 days after the end of the
month of Ramadhan. It is the second day of
the Hajj pilgrimage and the day after is the
first day of the major Islamic Holiday of Eid-
ul-Adha.

It was reported from Abu Qutaadah (may
Allaah be pleased with him) that the
Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting
on the Day of ‘Arafaah. He said, “It expiates
for the sins of the previous year and of the
coming year.” Narrated by Muslim.

This (fasting) is mustahabb for those who are
not on Hajj. In the case of the one who is on
Hajj, it is not Sunnah for him to fast on the
Day of ‘Arafaah, because the Prophet (peace
and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not
fast on this day in ‘Arafaah. It was narrated
that he forbade fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah
in ‘Arafaah.

Muslims not performing hajj are encouraged to fast tomorrow being Arafah.

19 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by eluquenson(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
Insha Allah I shall fast tomorrow.
Thanks for the soft reminder.

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by olorunthobby(f): 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
VIRTUES OF THE DAY OF ARAFAT
It is the day on which the religion was
perfected and Allaah’s Favour was completed. In Al-Saheehayn it was reported from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a Jewish man said to him, “O Ameer al-kMu’mineen, there is an aayah in your Book which you recite; if it had come to us Jews, we would have taken that day as an ‘Eid (festival).” ‘Umar said, “Which aayah?” He said: ''This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [al-Maa’idah 5:3 – interpretation of the meaning].‘Umar said, “We know on which day and in which lace that was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It was when he was standing in ‘Arafaah on a Friday.” It is a day by which Allaah swore an oath. The Almighty cannot swear by anything except that which is mighty. Yawm ‘Arafaah is the “witnessed day” mentioned in the aayah (interpretation of the
meaning): “By the witnessing day [Friday] and by the witnessed day [the Day of ‘Arafaah].” [al-Burooj 85:3]. It was reported from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection, the witnessed day is the Day of ‘Arafaah, and the witnessing day is Friday.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. It is the “odd” [i.e., odd-numbered, Witr] by which
Allaah swore in the aayah (interpretation of the
meaning): “And by the even and the odd” [al-Fajr 89:3]. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The even is the Day of al-Adhaa [i.e., 10th Dhoo’l-Hijjah] and the odd is the Day of‘Arafaah [i.e., 9th Dhoo’l-Hijjah] This is also the view of ‘Ikrimah and al-Dahhaak. Fasting on this day is an expiation for two years. It was reported from Abu Qutaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah. He said, “It expiates
for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.
Narrated by Muslim. This (fasting) is mustahabb for those who are not on
Hajj. In the case of the one who is on Hajj, it is not
Sunnah for him to fast on the Day of ‘Arafaah,
because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not fast on this day in ‘Arafaah. It was narrated that he forbade fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah in ‘Arafaah. It is the day on which Allaah took the covenant
from the progeny of Adam. It was reported that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“Allaah took the covenant from the loins of Adam in
Na’maan, i.e., ‘Arafaah. He brought forth from his loins all his offspring and spread them before Him, then He addressed them, and said: ‘Am I not your Lord? They said, ‘Yes, we testify,’ let you should say on the Day of Resurrection: ‘Verily, we have been unaware of this.’ Or lest you should say: ‘It was only our fathers aforetime who took others as partners in worship along with Allaah, and we were (merely their) descendents after them; will You then
destroy us because of the deeds of men who
practised Al-Baatil (i.e., ploytheism and committing crimes and sins, invoking and worshipping others besides Allaah)?’ [al-A’raaf 7:172-173 –interpretation of the meaning].” Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. And there is no greater day than this and no greater covenant than this. It is the day of forgiveness of sins, freedom from the Fire and pride in the people who are there: In Saheeh Muslim it was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah
(may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“There is no day on which Allaah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of ‘Arafaah. He comes close and expresses His Pride to the angels, saying, ‘What do these people want?’” It was reported from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Allaah expresses His Pride to His angels at the time of ‘Ishaa’ on the Day of ‘Arafaah, about the people of ‘Arafaah. He says, ‘Look at My slaves who have come unkempt and dusty.’” Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

8 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Dawdy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
Insha Allah

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by tintingz(m): 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
I'm so happy right now, happy Eid-ul-adha in advance!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by tintingz(m): 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
aventura: Why did this enter the FrontPage.
cuz tomorrow is the day Arafat. smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by deols(f): 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
I am going to set my alarm now.

happy fasting..remember deola in your prayers.

na go de. e se. jazaks.thank you. smiley smiley

Eid Mubarak smiley.smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by tintingz(m): 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
Damojo: I'm a. Buddhist but can I fast too? The Muslims in the North need their Allah like I need the public holiday on 15th n 16th
when last did you visit shaolin temple? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by deols(f): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Damojo: I'm a. Buddhist but can I fast too? The Muslims in the North need their Allah like I need the public holiday on 15th n 16th

well, it may help you in some ways, like lose some fat. But it wont benefit you like it would a Muslim.

Try Islam, buddy smiley

12 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Sissie(f): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Eid Mubarak in advance, may Allah (SWT) accept our acts of ibadah. Amin.

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ayobase(m): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Deen4me:

The Prophet (pbuh) said that one who fasts that day and it is accepted, will have the minor sins of the past year and the coming year erased!!!

So fasting does this also...never knew....that's nice!

My own na the meat sha.......I'm sighting all my muslim neighbours!

#Pass me not by gentle saviour, hear my humble cry.......#
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ReubenAbati: 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Good to know I can sin all year, but my sins will be cleansed when I fast on the day of Arafat.

Good to know.

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ABsI1: 11:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
Deen4me: Tomorrow is the Day of Arafat

The most critical day of Hajj. If missed, cannot be compensated for, which is why the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Hajj is Arafah!"

For those outside of Hajj, it was designated as the greatest single day for fasting in the year.

Allaahu akbar. May Allah bless us all with its acceptance, those of us on Hajj and those at home.

Let each and everyone of us pray for the entire Muslim Ummah to rid of all the calamity that has befallen us, May Allah release us of the fitnah of the oppressors

asallamailaikum
waramutulahi
wabarakatu
to all zionist

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ABsI1: 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
tintingz: when last did you visit shaolin temple? undecided
tomorrow
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by deols(f): 12:00am On Oct 14, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Good to know I can sin all year, but my sins will be cleansed when I fast on the day of Arafat.

Good to know.

No. You wont deliberately sin all year since you dont know when you will die.

This is a bonanza though. Many people will miss it.There are no guarantees.

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Judek2(m): 12:05am On Oct 14, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ymom07(m): 12:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Good to[color=#990000][/color] know I can sin all year, but my sins will be cleansed when I fast on the day of Arafat.

Good to know.
no man its just the minor sins u comit... sins dat are unavoidable

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Harbiurlah(f): 12:48am On Oct 14, 2013
Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ifyalways(f): 1:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Deen4me: Tomorrow is the Day of Arafat

@Bolded,where in the Q'uran is that recorded please @ OP ? What are minor sins?
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Bsmartt(m): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah (SWT) make it easy for all of us.amin

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by EejaNla01(m): 1:23am On Oct 14, 2013
The Day of Arafat,the best of all days in isLaM smiley
I wish bro nd sistas can watch the Arafat live on ISLAM chaneeL.

4 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by mmmustapha(m): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Just fishing eating my food, I can't afford to miss this Golden opportunity. At least my sins will reduce.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by MsNas(f): 1:51am On Oct 14, 2013
This is when I miss home the most! cry cry Eid Mubaraq in advance to all Muslim and Muslimahs. May Allah accept our Ibadah and spare us till the next Eid!

5 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by HoldenCaulfield(m): 2:10am On Oct 14, 2013
salam. eid mubarak to you all brothers and sisters especially you deols.
pls we should pray for nigeria in te day of arafat
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by imperiouxx(m): 2:39am On Oct 14, 2013
Ms Nas: This is when I miss home the most! cry cry Eid Mubaraq in advance to all Muslim and Muslimahs. May Allah accept our Ibadah and spare us till the next Eid!

Amin! kiss
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by MsNas(f): 3:31am On Oct 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Amin! kiss
Awwww. My Oga at the Top grin I see you oo. Abi make I come chop Sallah meat for NM? grin
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by imperiouxx(m): 3:53am On Oct 14, 2013
Ms Nas:
Awwww. My Oga at the Top grin I see you oo. Abi make I come chop Sallah meat for NM? grin

lolz... sure now. grin Well, if you send me some I won't reject. Hope you're enjoying it in AR.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by maclatunji: 4:24am On Oct 14, 2013
People are enjoying their sleep too much around me. My alarm woke me and I have woken must of them for Sahur (Predawn meal).
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by MsNas(f): 4:32am On Oct 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

lolz... sure now. grin Well, if you send me some I won't reject. Hope you're enjoying it in AR.
AR dey jor undecided Oya send me the ticket number grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak!!! / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.