Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast (12905 Views)

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat: Sins Forgiven For Two Years / The Importance of the Day Of Arafat / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Network001(m): 4:39am On Oct 14, 2013
I wish you ALL a very happy and peaceful Eid in advance.
May Allah accept your good deeds,
forgive your transgressions and ease
the suffering of all peoples around the globe.
Eid Mubarak

2 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Worldlife: 4:50am On Oct 14, 2013
Happy arafat to all muslim world may Allah accept our prayer n forgive our sins amin
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by tunshe: 4:54am On Oct 14, 2013
This reminds me of Rammadhan,sahur things! grin

I'm loving Islam, so so perfect!

Alhamdulilah and happy Eid to all Muslims.

May Allah grant us long life to witness many more with sound health and prosperity.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by maclatunji: 4:54am On Oct 14, 2013
If you had the intention to fast and missed Sahur, just carry on with the fast when you wake up.

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by maclatunji: 4:55am On Oct 14, 2013
tunshe: This reminds me of Rammadhan,sahur things! grin

I'm loving Islam, so so perfect!

Alhamdulilah and happy Eid to all Muslims.

May Allah grant us long life to witness many more with sound health and prosperity.

Ameen to this and the other prayers.

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by olayinka63: 4:58am On Oct 14, 2013
deols:

well, it may help you in some ways, like lose some fat. But it wont benefit you like it would a Muslim.

Try Islam, buddy smiley

yes bro the fasting will only benefit muslims cos fasting has ruless in islam
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by ChemicalMallam(m): 5:14am On Oct 14, 2013
Eiddukum mubarak
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by maclatunji: 5:16am On Oct 14, 2013
Time to stop eating if you are in Lagos and intend to fast.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by olayinka63: 5:17am On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=ifyalways]
@Bolded,where in the Q'uran is that recorded please @ OP ? What are minor sins?[/]

example of minor sins are back biting someone maitakenly cheat someone not praying on time mistakenly sees sexual part of a woman that is not your wife
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Deen4me(m): 5:22am On Oct 14, 2013
ifyalways:
@Bolded,where in the Q'uran is that recorded please @ OP ? What are minor sins?

It was reported from Abu Qutaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah. He said, “It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.” Narrated by Muslim.

Minor Sins are not on this list i.e Not on the list of Major Sins

01. Associating anything with Allah
02. Murder
03. Practising magic
04. Not Praying
05. Not paying Zakat
06. Not fasting on a Day of Ramadan without excuse
07. Not performing Hajj, while being able to do so
08. Disrespect to parents
09. Abandoning relatives
10. Fornication and Adultery
11. Homosexuality(sodomy)
12. Interest(Riba)
13. Wrongfully consuming the property of an orphan
14. Lying about Allah and His Messenger
15. Running away from the battlefield
16. A leader's deceiving his people and being unjust to them
17. Pride and arrogance
18. Bearing false witness
19. Drinking Khamr (wine)
20. Gambling
21. Slandering chaste women
22. Stealing from the spoils of war
23. Stealing
24. Highway Robbery
25. Taking false oath
26. Oppression
27. Illegal gain
28. Consuming wealth acquired unlawfully
29. Committing suicide
30. Frequent lying
31. Judging unjustly
32. Giving and Accepting bribes
33. Woman's imitating man and man's imitating woman
34. Being cuckold
35. Marrying a divorced woman in order to make her lawful for the husband
36. Not protecting oneself from urine
37. Showing-off
38. Learning knowledge of the religion for the sake of this world and concealing that knowledge
39. Bertrayal of trust
40. Recounting favours
41. Denying Allah's Decree
42. Listening (to) people's private conversations
43. Carrying tales
44. Cursing
45. Breaking contracts
46. Believing in fortune-tellers and astrologers
47. A woman's bad conduct towards her husband
48. Making statues and pictures
49. Lamenting, wailing, tearing the clothing, and doing other things of this sort when an affliction befalls
50. Treating others unjustly
51. Overbearing conduct toward the wife, the servant, the weak, and animals
52. Offending one's neighbour
53. Offending and abusing Muslims
54. Offending people and having an arrogant attitude toward them
55. Trailing one's garment in pride
56. Men's wearing silk and gold
57. A slave's running away from his master
58. Slaughtering an animal which has been dedicated to anyone other than Allah
59. To knowingly ascribe one's paternity to a father other than one's own
60. Arguing and disputing violently
61. Witholding excess water
62. Giving short weight or measure
63. Feeling secure from Allah's Plan
64. Offending Allah's righteous friends
65. Not praying in congregation but praying alone without an excuse
66. Persistently missing Friday Prayers without any excuse
67. Unsurping the rights of the heir through bequests
68. Deceiving and plotting evil
69. Spying for the enemy of the Muslims
70. Cursing or insulting any of the Companiions of Allah's Messenger

3 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Deen4me(m): 5:24am On Oct 14, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Good to know I can sin all year, but my sins will be cleansed when I fast on the day of Arafat.

Good to know.

“If you avoid the great sins which you are forbidden to do,
We shall remit from you your (small) sins, and admit you to a Noble Entrance (i.e. Paradise)”

[Q 4:31].

3 Likes

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Mubby4luv(m): 5:36am On Oct 14, 2013
Masha Allah. may the Almighty Allah make it easy for us
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Sheriffc(m): 6:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Salam brothers, May I know if it this qualifies me as a faster: I had the intention of fasting but I woke up late, 5:37am, quickly brushed my teeth and took few grains of groundnut.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by olahero(m): 6:15am On Oct 14, 2013
Alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Victorchuks4(m): 6:22am On Oct 14, 2013
May allah gv them d strength 2 do his will.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by imperiouxx(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2013
Ms Nas:
AR dey jor undecided Oya send me the ticket number grin

lolz. Southwest Airline ticket #SW000419419666 from AR to NM enroute Houston, TX, 12pm - 4pm on Tuesday.

Barka de Sallah baby! kiss
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Realone92(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2013
Is it advisable I tell my neighbor am fasting ....today .....if offered mi food .........asking
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by b03liberty(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2013
Victorchuks4: May allah gv them d strength 2 do his will.
ameen . And we at home, pleasant atmosphere to do the fasting
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by chata25(m): 6:53am On Oct 14, 2013
masha Allah may Allah accept our ibadah.....islam is beautiful,islam is love-love is islam,islam is peace,islam is contentment of d heart,islam is d Deeeen..Muhibbuka ya Allah(i love u ya Allah)
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by MsNas(f): 6:54am On Oct 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

lolz. Southwest Airline ticket #SW000419419666 from AR to NM enroute Houston, TX, 12pm - 4pm on Tuesday.

Barka de Sallah baby! kiss
Liar liar cheesy cheesy I dey go do Sallah for Houston!! Obee tongue Loool.
P.S why you no buy Delta? SMH. grin stop hiding the $$ from me.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by yulaw: 6:57am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah bless this country Nigeria, bless us all, guide us to the right path and make Jannah our place of rest insha.. AMIN
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by imperiouxx(m): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2013
Ms Nas:
Liar liar cheesy cheesy I dey go do Sallah for Houston!! Obee tongue Loool.
P.S why you no buy Delta? SMH. grin stop hiding the $$ from me.

Because I want you to be treated like royalty till you reach here. wink
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by DMainMan: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2013
olayinka63:

yes bro the fasting will only benefit muslims cos fasting has ruless in islam

deols is female.

May Allah accept our fast and forgive our sins.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by sampaio6(m): 7:23am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah accept our prayers on this very special day(YAUMAL ARAFAT). And guide all the muslim umma. AMIN
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Tbaby4real(f): 7:25am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah accept all as an act of ibadah, forgive our sins and grant out heart desires. Alhamdulillah,I am a muslim cheesy.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by DMainMan: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2013
Sheriff©:
Salam brothers, May I know if it this qualifies me as a faster: I had the intention of fasting but I woke up late, 5:37am, quickly brushed my teeth and took few grains of groundnut.

InshaAllah, may Allah accept it but next time to b on d safer side u should not eat the groudnut as d time of fajr might have passed. Just brush ur teeth and fast without eating.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah be merciful to us all....

May we witness more of this day in our lives....

May Allah accept all our supplications...

Amin..
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Herbert680: 7:31am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Cocodiva: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah accept our fasts and all our supplications -amin.
Re: The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast by Walexz02(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2013
may Allah accept it as an act of idah.!.. Happy Ed-il kabir in advance inshaAllah!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak!!! / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.