Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) (2181 Views)

Buhari Arrives Nigerian Embassy In Riyadh, Meets Nigerians (Pics) / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by 4reigningqueen: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
The first picture was taken at around 6.30pm on Saturday, 12 October, 2013 at first bank Igando where two waste bin was provided yet my people prefer to "decorate" the floor with ATM receipts.

The second picture simply shows a country man under a pedestrian bridge planning to cross the busy road while animals are making use of the bridge.

Which way Nigeria!!!

Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Na kerosene de inside many Nigerians head sad
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
4reigningqueen: The first picture was taken at around 6.30pm on Saturday, 12 October, 2013 at first bank Igando where two waste bin was provided yet my people prefer to "decorate" the floor with ATM receipts.

The second picture simply shows a country man under a pedestrian bridge planning to cross the busy road while animals are making use of the bridge.

Which way Nigeria!!!
where is d second picture?
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Tolexander: 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Oh God of creation
direct our noble cause
guild our leaders right
help our youth the truth to know
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by eposho: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
Tolexander: Oh God of creation
direct our noble cause
guild our leaders right
Roles,' a beg leave god alone, d man don tire for nija case.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by donphilopus: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
OP, Hope evri wer gud?
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by 4reigningqueen: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Professor Peter: where is d second picture?

sorry.i dont know why its not displaying but click on "Animal ped" and you will see it.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
@op! The above topic does not fit this thread. Besides, it doesn't look front page worthy. I'd suggest you change the topic to something attractive.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by tpia5: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
well, the bank should have cleaners and also put up a sign saying plz throw trash in dustbin.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by 4reigningqueen: 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
tpia@:
well, the bank should have cleaners and also put up a sign saying plz throw trash in dustbin.

ahn ahn.... Haba! We are not that dumb na.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by 4reigningqueen: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
emmysenior: @op! The above topic does not fit this thread. Besides, it doesn't look front page worthy. I'd suggest you change the topic to something attractive.

Any suggestion?
I just feel we need to face ourselves and tell ourselves the truth. Our indiscipline is getting so so so unbearable!
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by tpia5: 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
4reigningqueen:

ahn ahn.... Haba! We are not that dumb na.

putting up a dustbin sign doesnt mean people are dumb?
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by tpia5: 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by skyscraperTM(m): 3:17am On Oct 14, 2013
[size=15pt]whγ collect αη λtm receiρt wheη yoυ're qoiηq to ∂ispose of it riqht awaγ?![/size] it's fυηηע how ηiqeriaηs ∂emaη∂ for the thiηqs theч doη't need αη∂ iqησre the thiηqs they ∂o ηee∂ ! αs α matter of ƒact, i've ηever collected a receipt from the ∂isρeηcer thinkiηq i was qoiηq to be charqe∂. . . fuηηy innit?!

•αccor∂iηq to the toρic, i'∂ saγ ηiqeriaηs lack the “cυltυre of coυrtesy.“ to ße civilize∂ עoυ doη't have to ße e∂υcate∂ ßυt it's αs thoυ some people thiηk with their ληυs!

-o∂υηaчo™

1 Like

Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by BabaEleko(m): 3:55am On Oct 14, 2013
They need to start tracing these zombies via dia receipt and charging them for littering.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Pple will still litter even wit d signs, maybe if they say, along wt d sign, dat litering attracts 20naira per peice of litter and dat is strictly enforced! no naija wants to pat wt hs/her mony, dey wil surly cmply

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by boladez(m): 5:43am On Oct 14, 2013
An unfortunate pointer to the fact that we need national rebirth and orientation. Surely no numbers of policemen can make human beings stop behaving like animals.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Tintinix: 6:53am On Oct 14, 2013
Tolexander: Oh God of creation
direct our noble cause
guild our leaders right

As if you knew! I was singing the second stanza of our anthem this morning and it seems it is more applicable to our time than the first... Which I had to Pause at some points to Remember!

Second Stanza:

Oh God of Creation!
Direct our Noble cause
Guide thou our leaders right
Help our youths the truth to know.
In Love and honesty to grow
And live in just and truth
Great lofty heights attain
To build a Nation where
Peace and Justice shall reign.

As opposed to:

Arise oh Compatriot Nigeria call obey
To serve our Father land
With Love and Strength and Faith.
The Labour of our Heros past
Shall never be in vain.
To serve with Heart and Mind
One Nation bound in Freedom
Peace and Unity.

@topic, Its our usual Human error!!
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Tuntheycr7: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2013
Dtz Y sum banks i wudnt wana mention their names wud say 'due to printing problem you wud not be able to print a receipt, wud you like to continue?
Bt its jux funny how we behaves 4dis kontry even there is always a notice at all ATM points dt u shud dispose ya receipt properly because of FRAUD bt de wudnt listen.
Good nation Good people
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by 4reigningqueen: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2013
tpia@:
these are examples of trash signs:

[img]http://1.bp..com/-IZd6wzT1VuY/Ue5p9HA_JqI/AAAAAAAAEY4/H4hKutkUHvk/s200/throw-trash.jpg[/img]

We do see those signs on "pure water" sachet and other things like that yet we stil have them around us. My argument is that,we just have this non chalant attitude that we take almost everything for granted.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by dridowu: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2013
I think we Nigerians need to orientate ourselves, ds abnormality is turning to norm is our poor country.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by dasparrow: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2013
4reigningqueen:

Any suggestion?
I just feel we need to face ourselves and tell ourselves the truth. Our indiscipline is getting so so so unbearable!

In Nigeria, anything goes. The people need a serious re-orientation. Funnily enough, overseas in the western world, Nigerians learn to behave themselves to a given extent but in Nigeria, it is a different story.
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2013
That's the Nigerian story. embarassed
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by TechRev: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2013
Where did this happen in Nigeria?? Lagos or Southwest??
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by boladez(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
TechRev: Where did this happen in Nigeria?? Lagos or Southwest??

Excuse me sir/Ma, What does this have to do with the topic?
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
TechRev: Where did this happen in Nigeria?? Lagos or Southwest??

it happens everywhere in Nigeria my friend, north, west and east!
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Op. You made sense. It's only if money is attached that our pple will be responsible.

Say:

*come and collect #200 for using the dustbin,
*come for your cash prize for putting your receipt in the dustbin,
*after putting your receipt in the dustbin, check inside for free gift...
Re: What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
eposho:
Roles,' a beg leave god alone, d man don tire for nija case.
How you take know

(1) (Reply)

Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP / Breaking: Otti Blocked From Campaigning In Aba. / Buhari's New Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.