Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols (1327 Views)

These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by loptos(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
My 2005 toyota tacoma access 2.7L V V T I engine oil was change to mobil super 1000X1 XHP 20W-50 on nigeria soil and still blink maintenance required and oil symbol in the dash board whenever i ignite the engine but run good,please what is the cause and way out.
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
loptos: My 2005 toyota tacoma access 2.7L V V T I engine oil was change to mobil super 1000X1 XHP 20W-50 on nigeria soil and still blink maintenance required and oil symbol in the dash board whenever i ignite the engine but run good,please what is the cause and way out.

Clear the Service message. It's not an automatic process, you've had the oil changed, but the system has no way of knowing a service has been performed.
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by loptos(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
How will the message be clear please
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
^^^ Jeeze man! Why not simply look in your Owner's Manual??
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
1. you turn the ignition key to "ACC" or "LOCK" position
2.Now, turn the key to "ON" position while pressing the "ODO/TRIP" button. Hold down the "ODO/TRIP" button for at least 5 seconds and the Odometer indicates "000000" and the light goes off.

Try this it works with toyota and lexus. Let us know your result when you try it.

1 Like

Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by loptos(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
I turn the key onto acc and press the odometer down for five seconds or more before switching to start but reappear the maintenance symbol after this procedures.The truck does not have owner's manual booklet
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
loptos: I turn the key onto acc and press the odometer down for five seconds or more before switching to start but reappear the maintenance symbol after this procedures.The truck does not have owner's manual booklet

lomomike: 1. you turn the ignition key to "ACC" or "LOCK" position
2.Now, turn the key to "ON" position while pressing the "ODO/TRIP" button. Hold down the "ODO/TRIP" button for at least 5 seconds and the Odometer indicates "000000" and the light goes off.

Try this it works with toyota and lexus. Let us know your result when you try it.

Most probably, you didn't follow the sequence correctly. Try doing it again but follow the sequence correctly. And drive for a while it would go off. That is how USA spec toyota clears their "Maint Req" light. Its the same procedure that is written in toyota and lexus owners manual.
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by elektra80: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
For ur second generation Toyota Tacoma, follow these easy steps and u will get it done.

1. Turn ur ignition on ( don't start the car, put the key to on position where the dashboard light shows but not starting car)

2. Press and hold the trip reset button

3. Turn the ignition off while still holding the trip reset button.

4. Now turn the ignition back on while still holding the trip reset button, wait for a few seconds and the maintenance required light will flash and go off. (don't release the trip reset button until the maintenance required light goes off).

5. Shout out if this works
Re: I Changed Engine Oil And Resulted To Blinking Of Symbols by loptos(m): 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
I followed the procedures to letters severally but does not clear off. Thanks for the suggestions nairalanders

(1) (Reply)

Mayor Running A Free Scan/diagnosis For The Next 1month / Car Air-conditioning Dangerous -must Read! / What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.