Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? (15053 Views)

Going Back To My Parent's After POP / Your NYSC Questions Answered / Things Corpers Should Do After POP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by ibromanner(m): 12:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Hello ex-corpers & corpers, I congratulate everyone who has gone through the NYSC scheme and served this country or is still serving this country

I've heard and seen corpers doing crazy things with their khakis after the Passing-Out Parade.

Some tore it, some dumped it in the bin, some gave it away, some burnt it etc. I was planning to dispose of mine but a fellow Batch A colleague requested for it, so I 'll be keeping it for him

If you're an ex-corper, what did you do with your kit after the POP? If you're still serving, what do you intend to do with your kit after passing out. This is a thread for all, lets share. . .

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by UjSizzle(f): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2013
I'm not an immediate past corp member but i'll say anyway.

My jungle boot was booked by a villager(farmer) before hand, so i naturally passed it down.

My crested vest is still somewhere in my box looking fresh.

My khaki jacket subbed as a cardigan for a while before it finally shrunk to lipsrsealed and I have no idea where the trouser is undecided

My socks went to charity. She was very happy smiley

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2013
uj_sizzle: I'm not an immediate past corp member but i'll say anyway.

My jungle boot was booked by a villager(farmer) before hand, so i naturally passed it down.

My crested vest is still somewhere in my box looking fresh.

My khaki jacket subbed as a cardigan for a while before it finally shrunk to lipsrsealed and I have no idea where the trouser is undecided

My socks went to charity. She was very happy smiley

Lol. Nice
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2013
I dashed em out. 25/10/2011.

I gave my crested vest to my younger brother last year.

Jungle boot went to a fellow corp member.

Don't know where em khakis are.

Yea! That's it.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Wittywizard(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2013
i gave mine to the less priviledge since they don't or neither dreamt of reachin dea... Dat is a sign dat they wil one day b dea

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2013
C, 2012. I've willed it to my kids grin

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Dressed a manequin up in the darn thing and set it on fire at the POP party/emancipation bonfire event we organized..

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Chicolee(f): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2013
I'm still serving but I can't wait to stop wearing that hideous uniform. Eeeewww!
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by madone: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2013
mollytinrox: C, 2012. I've willed it to my kids grin
he eeeeeehe wat an inheritance
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2013
I gave mine to a friend who lied to her parents that she was serving in sokoto state-(she actually didnt graduate from school), she took some pictures with it and showed it to her parents as an evidence that she really served
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Flygeriansteve: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2013
That white shoe that hurts like hell, i disposed it in camp. Jungle boot fell apart during service. Khaki and crested vest made it home but crested vest became rag and khaki is in one corner I can't remember grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by esshman(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2013
Some ppl post . How sensible is this?! smh
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by airmark(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2013
I remember my class in secondary school used our brothers' own to play inter-classes football competition. My crested vest and boot was given to a boy in the neighbourhood, the khaki wares were dumped in my apartment in trans ekulu.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by dridowu: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Just inside my ghana must go, nutin to do with it, op do u need it ?
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Emasky4real(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2013
I passed out among the batch B corps members this year. My kits, basically the khaki, crested vest, and Jungle boots are still in my box. I hope to show them to my kids one day. A mentor of mine did it, so I learned that from him. I think it's unusual.

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by chygoz3(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2013
I gave them out to another corps member that was still serving.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Sicozone(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Na one ASUU strike hopeless nd destabilized final year student i give for my area,just to restore his hopes.

7 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by babz09: 10:22am On Oct 14, 2013
Hmmm NYSC my jungle boot was factory torn and D̲̅ey Refuse to change it after I complained.my trouser shrink after my first wash.lol anyways I gave everytin to my nephew who was barely 12yrs and wat he wanted to do with it I wasn't concerned.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Sijo01(f): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
This is really funny!
I threw the crested vest away few months ago.
The khaki jacket serve as cardigan till date (it was even used last night cheesy).........when the cold is server, the khaki trouser will go with the jacket.
My kid Bro inherited the stocks. sad
I use the jungle boot each time I wanna step into the jungles in my area. embarassed
The canvass is used each time I wanna toss football with my kid Bro embarassed

#Team2008BatchC# cool cool

6 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by pharmow: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2013
My crested shirt was all strechy and deformed after washing it like 3 times. As a result I didn't wear it more than 4 times thruout my service year. The Khaki and the boots were all dumped after I finished. I don't know of now but in 2008, the materials were of very low quality
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by bukchris(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2013
I abandoned the boot at my PPA, my students obtained the cap and the Jacket. Keeping the created vest for future reference.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Bright2(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2013
Waiting for my love one to inherit it!
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by xynerise: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2013
My grand mum wore my crested vest.

My Khaki disappeared

My grand dad used my jungle boot to farm

My socks were useless(Rat use am do wrapper). I left the white shoes at the camp(Not my size).

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Arysexy(m): 10:30am On Oct 14, 2013
Gave out my boot to my cousin and he dye d boot to black. Was feeling funky on it with a black jeans to match.

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by slimjoe87(m): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2013
My dear nice question anyway,my khaki n vest r stil in my bag doing notin,my Cap dey wit ma grandpa for vila, at times my junior do Pose wit it to inspire them to struggle hard to b a corper soon(i dey giv dem hope .lol)..my jungle boot,my papa take am..d belt,i use am flogd my student,d girl curse am,so i no wear again abeg.
Finally,i had a dream that sum day,nysc kits wil be a hot commodity, then i could lease mine ..lolz. 2012 batch B.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2013
Threw it away a year after

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? / NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members / Solomon Dalung Inspects NYSC Facilities In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.