Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Nowadays Kids! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nowadays Kids! (732 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nowadays Kids! by SPIFF(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Nowadays kids!!

I was home alone with my boys on Saturday. Discovered that they were idle, so I demanded my seven year old boy to come and wash my socks. I was astonished when he asked me How much am going to pay him for washing them. I demanded why must I pay him for washing my socks. His reply was afterall I used to pay the dry cleaner for washing my clothes. Well, I told him point blank that am not paying a dime. I washed my father's clothes and didn't pay me. now it's his turn to do same.

My worries now is
1. Did this happen as a result of my bad parenting
2. Children of these days proving to be smarter than we thought
3. Influenced by peer group
4. Unwarranted love of money.

Lemme have your view and possibly share your own experience so we can all learn together.
Re: Nowadays Kids! by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 14, 2013
hmm!!!
Re: Nowadays Kids! by NnamdiN: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2013
Number one.

7years asking for money to wash ordinary socks

Wait till it's time to wash your car.

1 Like

Re: Nowadays Kids! by yoddy(m): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2013
Take advantage of the situation to teach him about money. Make him earn money to buy some of the extra stuffs he wants you to buy for him.
Re: Nowadays Kids! by dahmie2013: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2013
@OP, I think deir exposure is way faster dan ours! Some of those thins dat were hidden in our time, have nw become more open.

But d issue I have is, some of dis thins don't translate 2 academic prowess. Dey are more focused on those oda thins dan in their academics. Reading has become a serious issue 2 dem, I hope as dey mature dey'll realise dey also need 2 love reading.
Re: Nowadays Kids! by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 14, 2013
This is funny.
@op, u are reading meaning into this. some kids are so funny, smart and very inqusitive.
my uncle son locked his him outside the gate last time i went visiting. telling his dad to go back to where he's coming from. my uncle stay outside untill he explained where he went to and reason for coming home late. my uncle stayed outside for like 10minutes., when he open the gate, he was laughing and run to hide cos he knows that serious bitting is waiting for him.
It's gud u carry ur kids along. explain things to them. dont over look them.

1 Like

Re: Nowadays Kids! by Tinkybabe(f): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2013
OP,your son is a smart cookie and most likely become a strict but successful businessman. cheesy
He's already exhibiting the traits,nothing goes for nothing-money has to be made..lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Top 10 Signs To Know If Your Husband Is Seriously Cheating On You / ''things Aren't Always What They Seems'' A Must Read!! / Are You Getting Married In Lagos Next Year? Enter This Competition NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.