Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Monday Morning Meditation: A Corpse In My Wardrobe! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Monday Morning Meditation: A Corpse In My Wardrobe! (577 Views)

T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People / Kept Husband’s Corpse In Bedroom For 6 Months Hoping He Resurrects (photos) / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Monday Morning Meditation: A Corpse In My Wardrobe! by priscaoge(f): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2013
[“The things that you carry are burdensome, A load for the weary beast.” ~ Isaiah 46:1, NASB”]

Wonders, they say, never cease. Spiritual thriller!

So, God opens my eyes and I see this middle aged woman dragging a CORPSE across a walkway from her office toward her car! The corpse is huge and she makes a hell of effort pulling, hauling and towing it around. Sometimes she's so worn out she stops to rest, placing the CREEPY CARGO beside her feet. After a short rest, she picks up the lifeless body again, puffing and panting.

A sympathetic undertaker approaches her, offering his services but she covers both ears, and shrieks, "Leave my darling corpse alone!" to everyone’s bewilderment. There is this inexplicably EERIE ATTACHMENT to the disgusting cadaver. Yet this woman, from all indications isn't disoriented. She's appears well educated and speaks unblemished Queen’s English.

As I watch, she drags the lifeless body into her car and heads, well I suppose, home. She arrives her house, pulls the SPIRITLESS BODY out of the car into her house. everywhere she went - kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, she dragged it along.

Totally puzzled, I ask, "So, how long has she been carrying this corpse?"

"Since she was 18."

"Why is she keeping the corpse?"

"She wants to heal it."

‘To heal a corpse?’ I muse.

I arrive home, speechless, shaken and befuddled by this mysterious experience, completely unaware of the thriller that awaited me in the immediate. I reach out to the iPod sitting in the dock beside the bed. I roll its dial, locate Adam’s “The Holy City,” my nerve calming favorite, and press Play. Yet, I can’t get that strange woman and her corpse out of my mind.

So, I remove my tie and shirt and make for the wardrobe. As I swing the wardrobe open, a CORPSE, fully dressed as one lying in state, falls out with a loud thud! I jump back and scream! Usain Bolt can’t have sprinted the way I did of the house without shirt and shoes! Neighbors have never seen me with such display. Everyone scurries in fright.

"What's that?" I ask, puffing, panting, petrified, still running along the street, not looking back.

"That’s your own corpse of tea! You drag a corpse too."

"No, I don't!"

"Yes you do. The depressing memories of guilt and shame you wouldn’t let go despite the deep assurances of My love for you. The failed teenage love relationship you refuse to let go and other girls you think you should have proposed to as a young man ... The Arthur Anderson job you didn’t secure after your Youth Service

... the millions of naira you lost in failed investments ... the big consulting tickets you couldn’t secure .... the embarrassment of lack of money ... the friends who hurt you ... the business presentations that could have been presented better ... the electives you think you should have taken at the University, the scholarships you never enjoyed because of where you come from..."

"Enough, LORD! What do You want me to do?"

"Quit trying to heal a corpse!"

"I agree, but I'm not going back into that house with that dead body."

"Then, CALL My Son, the Ultimate Undertaker. Hand over the corpses tormenting your life and He’ll bury them for good."

“Tell My people that My stedfast love never ceases. My mercies NEVER end on your side of life. My FAITHFULNESS is great. I do not break faith and I do not renege on My COVENANT. They slow their spiritual journey when they have to drag their corpses of failures, guilt and shame wherever they go. When I forgive sin, I remember it no more. Yet they wouldn’t let go of long forgiven sin and shame.”

“There are only TWO things I, the LORD, wipe away: sin and tears. I don't wipe away joy. I don't wipe away victory. I don't wipe away success.”

Quit trying to heal a corpse!

I love you. Have an awesome week and be healthy, wealthy and wise!

4 Likes

Re: Monday Morning Meditation: A Corpse In My Wardrobe! by PastorOluT(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2013
God bless u this morning @ op love the way the message was passed. Many are still carrying their despite all the offers of help, may God open their eyes to accept help in Christ Jesus our Lord and redeemer.

the scripture that quickly came to mind;

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7: 24-25

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

1 Like

Re: Monday Morning Meditation: A Corpse In My Wardrobe! by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2013
Nice one op ...this sometin we all should realize dat any man in christ is a new creature as some other translations would say a new type of specie there old things re passed away n all tins ve become new(1 cor 5:17) dat's y he said come unto me all who re weary n heavy laden n ah will u rest ...we cant change our past but we can do away wit it ....may God's favour n mercy never depart 4rm us...stay blessed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

it's evil;stop nw! / Christ / Careless Vow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.