Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,033 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:46 AM

ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares (1436 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by 2ndincommand(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2013
It has been reported that Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) National President Dr. Nasir Faegehas declared that the strike will continue.

He also revealed that the union has decided to cease to negotiate with the Benue State Governor Gabriel Suswam's committee, saying that the committee has nothing to deliver.

He says:

"The strike continues even if government is threatening to do the worst. There is no more dialogue with government, if the 2009 agreement is not approved. But we are willing to dialogue with anybody towards meeting ASUU's said agreement. That is the truth.

"Our doors are open towards addressing these problems. If anybody invites us, we will be there. The only dialogue that we will not attend is that with the Suswam committee. ASUU has vowed not to listen to that committee again. The struggle is on and we are waiting and hoping that government will do what is right so that we will go back to our classes and start lecturing.

"Many students have been calling me in support of the ASUU strike and they want government to listen to us and that we should not call off the strike until the 2009 agreement is met. The condition of the universities is nothing to write home about."

Responding to the 'no-work no-pay' declaration made by the federal government, the ASUU boss said:

"The Federal Government has not been paying. That statement is not applicable now since we have been working without pay." shocked shocked shocked
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by Cynluv(f): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2013
Same story all day
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by Dannyxy(m): 10:01am On Oct 14, 2013
Sound mre like a"Broken record"~oluwa is involve
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by timwezzb(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2013
OMG do u want me 2 b in the same class wit my GrandChildren??
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2013
looool... O pe o... We all know we gonna resume next year.... Loool...
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by amlos007(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
Many student have been calling you?me no call you o,abeg make whona allow me grad 1st
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by odizeey(m): 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
ASUU whr is thy sting
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by lymelyte(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
This news is not fresh.old news
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by Hearme(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
No source. Amebo news
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by Lionbite(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
Me sef don apply at university of Ghana, i will be resuming next week. Bye-bye to naija drama
Re: ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares by Onyeasi(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fynest boi just closed threads with source and left the one without source.. Rub1sh mods. Mssteeew!!

(1) (Reply)

What Does UCAS And VMCAS Means? / Issue On Direct Entry / TEAM UNIBEN Competes In Shell Eco-marathon South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.