Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns (3582 Views)

Gov. Nyesom Wike's Media Aide Resigns / Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle / Amaechi’s Aide, Freddy Ndigbara Kidnapped By Gunmen At Rivers Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
The chairman, Board of Directors of the Rivers State Micro Finance Agency, Chief Precious Ngelale has resigned his appointment.

No reason has been given for the sudden resignation of Ngelale.

He served in the cabinet of President Olusegun Obasanjo from 1999-2003, first as Minister of State, Water Resources and later Minister of Commerce.

However, although the former minister could not be reached for comment on the development, rumours are rife that it may not be unconnected with the ongoing politics playing out in the state.

It could be recalled that another Governor Chibuike Amaechi’s appointee, Charles Anyawu also resigned his appointment recently.

Charles Anyawu, who was the Special Adviser to the Rivers State Governor, has since joined in the battle between Governor Amaechi and Chief Nyesom Wike’s Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI), for the control of Etche Local Government Area.

Also recently, it was widely reported that a Special Assistant and younger brother to the State Commissioner for Lands and Survey, Alikor Ezekiel-Amadi has dumped the Governor’s camp for the GDI in Ikwerre Local Government Area.

Lands Commissioner, Ezemonye Ezekiel-Amadi has since dissociated himself from his younger brother’s action, affirming his unflinching support for Governor Amaechi’s administration.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Traitors should all leave the governor's camp

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by stebell(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
ilugunboy: Traitors should all leave the governor's camp
unam yu call them "traitors" I call them "Realist". More will soon join the moving train. Gud job Wike. Let me inform yu. Some of his commissioners are tired of him but jus looking for one excuse to dump him.
#Fresh Air# all de way

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Tolexander: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Good bye,
good riddance!
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
ilugunboy: Traitors should all leave the governor's camp
I can neither call these people traitors nor call them patriots. But one thing I know is that Amaechi's senseless war with Abuja is taking very heavy toll on Rivers state and Rivers people. If you live here, like me, you'd know from experience that Amaechi has performed more than woefully since 2011. He came by like a serious fellow in his 1st term but now he's lost grip of every good reason.

Meanwhile, Amaechi is using his noise to distract people from the truth and make it appear like he's been persecuted by Abuja. He was the Speaker of the Rivers state House of Assembly while Peter Odili stole about 3Trn Naira of Rivers people's money. Common sense tell me he's not clean. He must be complicit.

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
O boy,see toto
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dr2great: O boy,see toto
What does that imply?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
This is merely the beginning. Amaechi is a sinking ship, and he has come to the definite end of his political voyage. It is only commonsensical for his aides to abandon this sinking ship and swim to safety. Most of his so-called aides and 'supporters' want to remain politically relevant post 2015, and they know that the only way to achieve that is to dump Amaechi before they get buried alive with him.

Just watch out for what will happen in the coming months. Even his deputy governor and commissioners would dump his drowning azz. The he-goat would have even been impeached by now if not for the needless usurpation of Rivers' legislative functions by the House of Reps.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
When Orji Uzor Kalu told amaechi not to toy with Abuja Powers, amaechi didn't listen forgetting that rugged Orji Uzor tasted it all with OBJ

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2013
gboss4sure: When Orji Uzor Kalu told amaechi not to toy with Abuja Powers, amaechi didn't listen forgetting that rugged Orji Uzor tasted it all with OBJ
Amaechi's intransigiency is costing Rivers people too much in delivery of good governance--and this is just where my concern resides
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Symphony007: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2013
Anybody who wants to join wike can do as they wish. Afterall wike and jonathan has declared open season in rivers state. All the criminals like abiye sekibo who on a normal day won't rear his ubly face is now fore front. The only problem is nobody in rivers state like wike. They know he is a thug that's why his GDI initiative does'nt step beyond liberation stadium. When he went to his home town to do GDI, david dike and tony okocha disgraced him. When he took his GDI to buguma, youths led by their chairman, ojukaye flag amachree stonned him and his aides. Edward pepple has already told him not to near port harcourt. So he can keep fooling himself. The end will tell.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Symphony007: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2013
1MCN:
Amaechi's intransigiency is costing Rivers people too much in delivery of good governance--and this is just where my concern resides
spare me the rubbish..so who will give you the good governance, wike or abiye sekibo?ameachi has done in 6 yrs tripple of what odili did in 8 yrs and people still have mouth to talk.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by ijawcitizen(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2013
When has Amaechi thugs (Okocha, Ojukaye and Pepple) become Rivers people. Rivers people didn't attack Wike's group, Amaechi thugs did.

Now bury that head in shame.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Symphony007: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: When has Amaechi thugs (Okocha, Ojukaye and Pepple) become Rivers people. Rivers people didn't attack Wike's group, Amaechi thugs did.

Now bury that head in shame.
so they are noe thugs? That means every LGA chairman in rivers state is a thug cause i'be not heard of any of them supporting wike, magnus abe, dakuku peterside,etc...are all thugs? You folks should keep deluding yourself and ask wike if he is truly running a GRASSROOT initiative, why is it limited to port harcourt? I taught the grassroots were the communities.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by talktimi(m): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2013
Hmmm, lets keep watching sha although i advice Amaechi to toe the path followed by his fellow G7 governors and keep quiet instead of always making noise like a common street urchin & proving the postulation that he's an attention seeking prima dona.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by takedat(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2013
1MCN:

He was the Speaker of the Rivers state House of Assembly while Peter Odili stole about 3Trn Naira of Rivers people's money. Common sense tell me he's not clean. He must be complicit.

That is plausible as long as you believe the President was also complicit in the monumental and reckless roguery of Alams because he was his deputy Governor.

@Topic, how is it a big deal if one resigns from his or her appointment? The running and administration of the state moves on with or without them.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by ijawcitizen(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2013
Symphony007: so they are noe thugs? That means every LGA chairman in rivers state is a thug cause i'be not heard of any of them supporting wike, magnus abe, dakuku peterside,etc...are all thugs? You folks should keep deluding yourself and ask wike if he is truly running a GRASSROOT initiative, why is it limited to port harcourt? I taught the grassroots were the communities.
Don't be a fool by trying to fool us with your foolishness.

Every Rivers indigene knows that Amaechi has sacked all LG chairmen who are not loyal to him, the current sets of Chairmen all qualify as Amaechis thugs or else they'd have been booted out by Dicktator Amaechi the Tyrant.

Kalabari people werw the ones who reported the incident where a peaceful law abiding gathering of the GDI was attacked violently by Amaechi thugs led by the LG chairman Ojukaye without any provocation.

I'll be back with the link.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Symphony007: 11:33am On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: Don't be a fool by trying to fool us with your foolishness.

Every Rivers indigene knows that Amaechi has sacked all LG chairmen who are not loyal to him, the current sets of Chairmen all qualify as Amaechis thugs or else they'd have been booted out by Dicktator Amaechi the Tyrant.

Kalabari people werw the ones who reported the incident where a peaceful law abiding gathering of the GDI was attacked violently by Amaechi thugs led by the LG chairman Ojukaye without any provocation.

I'll be back with the link.
you're crazy. You are ignorant to the constitution. A governor does not sack LGA chairmen, the state assembly does. And currently there is no rivers assembly so you can't say he is using sack as a leverage for their support.

Kalabari people mentioned reported what? Dumo lulu briggs and a few fools filled an op ed and you call that kalabari people? Ghastly.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Mylove55(f): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Those dat resign are tired of eating,they are millions of pple dat wil replace him right now.Gej cabinet are set to leave him,they just want to eat till 2015,
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
take dat: That is plausible as long as you believe the President was also complicit in the monumental and reckless roguery of Alams because he was his deputy Governor.

@Topic, how is it a big deal if one resigns from his or her appointment? The running and administration of the state moves on with or without them.
Your argument is germaine. Like I said, without favour for any of the divides, Amaechi has drastically dropped in the zeal with which he delivered good projects and live changing programmes. Now it's just a live of "siddon dey look"
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by ijawcitizen(m): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Symphony007: you're crazy. You are ignorant to the constitution. A governor does not sack LGA chairmen, the state assembly does. And currently there is no rivers assembly so you can't say he is using sack as a leverage for their support.

Kalabari people mentioned reported what? Dumo lulu briggs and a few fools filled an op ed and you call that kalabari people? Ghastly.
Who does not know that the RSHA leadership have been bought over by Amaechi. After the fracas in the house it became clear for everyone to see that they are Amaechi's loyalists. Are assembly members supposed to be Governors' loyalists, NO! Why is RSHA different? Because they are all Amaechi loyalist except the resistant few whose only saving grace is their ties with Rivers PDP backbone-Nyesom Wike.

Even Amaechi had to come into the house (uninvited) as soon as he heard the news to fight along with his thugs!

So yes, I stand by my initial statement, AMAECHI SACKED THOSE LG CHAIRMEN NOT LOYAL TO HIM, and I'm not mincing words, every Rivers indigenes can attest to this fact, not some riffrats APC clowns from SW. Even Okrika chairman was sacked because PEJ opening criticized Amaechi in Okrika; A clear case of transfered agression befitting of a clown that he (Amaechi) truely is.

Keep being foolish, your foolishness shows.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by 1MCN: 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
take dat:
Yeah, Government as an institution is a continuum. Whether or not the guy leaves administrative processes must continue. The guy in question here can not be said to be a KEY figure in the general administrative political configuration of Rivers state judging from the position he occupies.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Symphony007: 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: Who does not know that the RSHA leadership have been bought over by Amaechi. After the fracas in the house it became clear for everyone to see that they are Amaechi's loyalists. Are assembly members supposed to be Governors' loyalists, NO! Why is RSHA different? Because they are all Amaechi loyalist except the resistant few whose only saving grace is their ties with Rivers PDP backbone-Nyesom Wike.

Even Amaechi had to come into the house (uninvited) as soon as he heard the news to fight along with his thugs!

So yes, I stand by my initial statement, AMAECHI SACKED THOSE LG CHAIRMEN NOT LOYAL TO HIM, and I'm not mincing words, every Rivers indigenes can attest to this fact, not some riffrats APC clowns from SW. Even Okrika chairman was sacked because PEJ opening criticized Amaechi in Okrika; A clear case of transfered agression befitting of a clown that he (Amaechi) truely is.

Keep being foolish, your foolishness shows.
it will be a shame if continue exchanging words with someone who whole premise is based of assumsion and popular belife. When you recognise, work and talk with facts, come back for a better discussion.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by ijawcitizen(m): 3:01am On Oct 16, 2013
Symphony007: it will be a shame if continue exchanging words with someone who whole premise is based of assumsion and popular belife. When you recognise, work and talk with facts, come back for a better discussion.
He retreats by shifting grounds. Coward!
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by oladapoa1(m): 4:55am On Oct 16, 2013
When something is too heavy and above your status. U drop or dump it. Chief you've done well.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by holyvirgin: 5:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Well being on Amaechi's side is not a good idea @ this time. All I'm saying is that Amaechi should channel all the strength he is using to Fight GEJ back to the state for meaningful development.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2013
The people of Rivers state are between the devil and the deep blue sea, in as much as we support GEJ and he would definitely win any elections held in Rivers state we just don't like the folks promoting him in Rivers state ( Nyesom wike, Abiye Sekibo, Austin Okpara, Peter odili etc ), these are folks who robbed us blind, turned the state upside down and now they are trying to seek relevance and redemption by hiding under the toga of fighting and campaigning for the president, Ameachi lost it after his first tenure as he greatly became more authoritarian, rude and honestly didn't pretty much do anything after that tenure, we are caught between supporting GEJ and bringing back these charlatans back to prominence for another round of looting....God help Rivers State.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Symphony007: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2013
ijaw citizen: He retreats by shifting grounds. Coward!
retreat?cheesycheesy....maybe if you become more sensible i'll return.
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Brimmie(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2013
SMH..

First 5 comments on NairaLand ehn!? Mtcheeeew
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by Kanwulia: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2013
The man name na "PRECIOUS"? undecided
Make im resign abeg!
Twa!!!! cry

Some men MAMA and PAPA nor get shame atol-atol! angry
Re: Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns by talktimi(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
babasoty: The people of Rivers state are between the devil and the deep blue sea, in as much as we support GEJ and he would definitely win any elections held in Rivers state we just don't like the folks promoting him in Rivers state ( Nyesom wike, Abiye Sekibo, Austin Okpara, Peter odili etc ), these are folks who robbed us blind, turned the state upside down and now they are trying to seek relevance and redemption by hiding under the toga of fighting and campaigning for the president, Ameachi lost it after his first tenure as he greatly became more authoritarian, rude and honestly didn't pretty much do anything after that tenure, we are caught between supporting GEJ and bringing back these charlatans back to prominence for another round of looting....God help Rivers State.
Amaechi openly called Odili his boss and godfather at a public function last year. When ph was in a state of guerilla warfare, Amaechi served as speaker in Odili's administration so he also is part of the problem. He also robbed Rivers state blind, turned the state upside down and is a rude, uncouth attention seeking prima dona. He has forgotten how Rivers people were singing praises and praying for him during his first tenure, didnt even need to rig to gain a second tenure but now Rivers people can go to hell. I dont blame someone who can use public funds to buy a Rolls Royce Phantom, a private jet and his very own massive tank farm but e go hook am one day. Why does he find it so easy to demolish waterside communities yet he avoids ikwerre communities in his demolition exercise yet there are crime infested slums there too ? When Pej noticed the biased way his demolition exercises were affecting Okrika communities where she hails from knowing fully well that the people will have no alternative places to go to as a community and cautioned him severally in private till she had to do it in public, he started insulting the first family. I have said it severally that Amaechi's mouth will be the source of his downfall. Its just funny how people who dont know where Rivers state is on a map of Nigeria or even the nearest motor park to the state will sit at okitipupa and yet claim to be experts in port harcourt affairs. Amaechi should face Rivers state, redeem his previous hard working image & when its time, use the party structure to get into the senate in 2015 which is the main crux of the matter between him and Wike.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

AIG Mbu Replies Amaechi / Nigerian Government Admits Ownership Of $9.3m Arms Money Seized By S. Africafr / North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.