Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria (5040 Views)

No Harm Intended, Just Want Advice. I Can't Understand Nigerian Men / I Can't Leave My Traditons For White Man's Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by kojeiwa(m): 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2008
I can't believe people are still been burned alive when they thief. I think this is so uncivilized.

What's your opinion?

Check out the link below.

http://www.viewnaija.com/video-2839.html
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by shuppie(f): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2008
oh no, that is so sad, sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2008
undecided
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by youngies(m): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2008
When you steal the people's properties

You will get the people's judgment and,

then the people's punishment tongue

Don't Americans still take criminals to the electric chair?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by LetThemSay: 3:36am On Jul 07, 2008
Killing them in such a cruelsome way is not the way to go. Nigeria needs a lot of work, the punishment is far greater than the crime.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2008
yes and is the electric chair in california is not as cruel as that?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by echelon(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2008
From the little I know, people are sent to the chair in America for murder not for theft, shoplifting or stealing. You can be sure that all those that burnt those people alive, one time or the other in their lives have stolen something, and they had the guts to burn people like this 

Capital punishment though will never stop people from commiting crime.

God will judge all.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
My only question is this: Who among those who were dousing them with petrol - or even those applauding the practice on this thread - Who among you have never stolen before?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by echelon(m): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2008
The question Jesus asked. No one could answer.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
naijacutee:

My only question is this: Who among those who were dousing them with petrol - or even those applauding the practice on this thread - Who among you have never stolen before?

innit ma sista!!! thank u jareeh, hw sumbdy cn take anoda person'sl yf is wat i really dnt get man!
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by coolier(f): 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
youngies:

When you steal the people's properties

You will get the people's judgment and,

then the people's punishment tongue

There is no justification whatsoever for that kind of barbaric act. We are talking about human beings here not animals. Nobody deserves to die like that for whatever reason - burnt alive?!. Not even animals!. And it's only in a backward country like Nigeria that people can decide to take the laws into their hands and get away with it. What they have done is first degree murder, and it is punishable under the law in any civilised country. But like they say again in Yoruba "bi oba aye o ri won, ti orun nwo won". God sees all, including the spectators.

youngies:

Don't Americans still take criminals to the electric chair?

Yes they do, after being freely and fairly tried, and found guilty beyond reasonable doubts in a court of law.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2008
And folks wonder why Nigeria and Africa as a whole isn't advancing. This is one excellent case in point. Too much backwardness.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
Dude shut the fuk up

and last i checked the same is done in the Middle East
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

Dude shut the fuk up

why da aggresiveness calm dwn gyal n chill. no need 4 da swearing k? bless xx
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
It was meant for that bonehead Hero
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
VERY disappointing. Strange - a closer look at this incident might reveal that no criminal act took place in the first place.
I remember one incident vividly, someone got the nerve to shout OLE OLE for no apparent reason,
next second a mob was gathered serious lynching this young man, if not for the rare timely of MOPOL the brother would be dead.
Capital Punishment of any kind- with a few exception- is unjust.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

Dude shut the fuk up

Right you are. Is that suppost to be an excuse for such actions or something?  undecided
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

It was meant for that bonehead Hero

una deh beef or suin i better shut up! lol. cn c u cnt stand da guy at all loool, wettin en do u?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

VERY disappointing. Strange - a closer look at this incident might reveal that no criminal act took place in the first place.
I remember one incident vividly, someone got the nerve to shout OLE OLE for no apparent reason,
next second a mob was gathered serious lynching this young man, if not for the rare timely of MOPOL the brother would be dead.
Capital Punishment of any kind- with a few exception- is unjust.

Not too long ago a crowed in Lagos claimed some women turned into women form after first being a cat. They surrounded her and accused her of being a witch and then attempted to beat her to death with sticks and bricks and all kinds of other objects. Then you had to famous case of that Amina women who was accused of having an affair with some guy, and was thus sentenced to death by STONEING after she had her baby.  angry SICK SHIT!! The guy, who most likely raped her, was let go scott free. How despicable.  sad This is the type of shit that pisses me off about much of Africa. The dumb backward shit that still goes on.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hero:

Right you are. Is that suppost to be an excuse for such actions or something? undecided

Never said it was an excuse. I'm sure Learn To Read is still on PBS

My problem is with your garbage of "this is why I hate Africa. so backward" thus my REMINDING you that such isnt just restricted to that continent alone. Ok?

and as for you being sick and tired and hating the place. That's good to know so how about you and your crackhead alter-ego Exponent leave this place?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hero:

Not too long ago a crowed in Lagos claimed some women turned into women form after first being a cat. They surrounded her and accused her of being a witch and then attempted to beat her to death with sticks and bricks and all kinds of other objects. Then you had to famous case of that Amina women who was accused of having an affair with some guy, and was thus sentenced to death by STONEING after she had her baby.  angry SICK SHIT!! The guy, who most likely raped her, was let go scott free. How despicable.  sad This is the type of shit that pisses me off about much of Africa. The dumb backward shit that still goes on.
Its despicable and beyond words, I bet most people feel that way too.
The idea of discussing the issue is to express ones opposing view with civilization.
I think - you know too - that there was no need for the last statement.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hero:

Not too long ago a crowed in Lagos claimed some women turned into women form after first being a cat. They surrounded her and accused her of being a witch and then attempted to beat her to death with sticks and bricks and all kinds of other objects. Then you had to famous case of that Amina women who was accused of having an affair with some guy, and was thus sentenced to death by STONEING after she had her baby. angry SICK SHIT!! The guy, who most likely raped her, was let go scott free. How despicable. sad This is the type of shit that pisses me off about much of Africa. The dumb backward shit that still goes on.

Did stoning, hanging, lynching, slavery, segregation . . . piss you off about America? Nah such happens only in Africa no?

Wait . . . the story about honor killings in the US and UK . . . nah how can those piss you off about them? They are white no?

Pedophilia (dateline MSNBC for example) in the US? Nah that must have been africa in disguise.

The nooses hanging in school courtyards in the south? Nah must be those depraved animals in Africa.

Daylight robbery in Katrina, wanton looting, the homeless . . . only in Africa no?

What else pisses you off about us?

I however notice our website doesnt piss u off just yet . . .
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2008
hehehhehehe grin
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

Never said it was an excuse. I'm sure Learn To Read is still on PBS

My problem is with your garbage of "this is why I hate Africa. so backward" thus my REMINDING you that such isnt just restricted to that continent alone. Ok?

and as for you being sick and tired and hating the place. That's good to know so how about you and your crackhead alter-ego Exponent leave this place?

perhaps if you'd read our comment more open mindedly you'll see that we're not saying that we hate Africa but that we are tired of the way its being abused by both the African and the foreigners. There is not excuse for the continent and its people to be in a worst place than they were at at the end of the colonial period on the continent. We're saying that Africa and Africans can be and do alot better than the current state they are in.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
davidylan:

Did stoning, hanging, lynching, slavery, segregation . . . piss you off about America? Nah such happens only in Africa no?

Wait . . . the story about honor killings in the US and UK . . . nah how can those piss you off about them? They are white no?

Pedophilia (dateline MSNBC for example) in the US? Nah that must have been africa in disguise.

The nooses hanging in school courtyards in the south? Nah must be those depraved animals in Africa.

Daylight robbery in Katrina, wanton looting, the homeless . . . only in Africa no?

wettin ds guy do una abeg? errone's entitled 2 their opinion innit, n he's exercising his, so u guyz stop da attack man!!! looooooool,
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
davidylan:

Of course all that stuff is just as senseless and despicable as the other,  though let be real here. While one addresses these situations head on with legislation changes, stricter law enforcement and other means to address people's concerns with the mishaps, the other does nothing but attempt to push the concerns under the rug and or scare  people into not wanting to talk about them and or encourage the incidents as tolerable and good for the land. One most often take proactive measures to correct the ills and the other most often does noting and or actually encourages the ills as good for the people. This is were the difference often comes in. Yes every place has its problems though the true difference comes in in how the various places address and deal with these problems. African nations are not dealing with their problems at all and or are not doing so with fortitude enough to resolve them.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by EXPONENT(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2008
Man!

That's some barbaric azz rubbish!

What's worse is the CROWDS OF PEOPLE lookin on in agreement.

Talk about a BACKWARDS CIVILIZATION!!!!!
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

Man!

That's some barbaric azz rubbish!

What's worse is the CROWDS OF PEOPLE lookin on in agreement.

Talk about a BACKWARDS CIVILIZATION!!!!!

tell that to the LA rioters
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hero:

perhaps if you'd read our comment more open mindedly you'll see that we're not saying that we hate Africa but that we are tired of the way its being abused by both the African and the foreigners. There is not excuse for the continent and its people to be in a worst place than they were at at the end of the colonial period on the continent. We're saying that Africa and Africans can be and do alot better than the current state they are in.

Lol dude you crack me up. BAs are the last people to be telling ANYONE how they should be dealing with their issues. How about making Newark and Detriot places worth living in and maybe we "backward Africans" will take you seriously.

If anyone should be in a BETTER state it's you guys. Do we have the opportunities of America in Nigeria or most african countries? Not really. Yet you guys are still struggling. Infact these other Africans are doing SO MUCH better here with these oppportunities than you guys are so what do you have to say about that?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by EXPONENT(m): 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2008
tell that to the LA rioters

whose ugly nappy headed child is that in your profile?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

whose ugly nappy headed child is that in your profile?

my -  my - typical AA response - 50 cent must be your model - i think hes done the same thing - resorted to dissing his opponents kids. the roids must be turning your brain. please post pics of your kids, assuming those roids haven't rendered you sterile. you'd best do the dna test on your kids if they have iqs over 50 and are cute. (you probably look simian - which is why you backed the camera in yourold profile pic - imagine that a gorilla in glasses  grin and your muscle bound ass is as dumb as they come)
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Oyb

Cute baby with a precious lil heart-shaped face kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewacin Maza Da Mata / Edo Language Now Compulsory In Edo Schools / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.