Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41546 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Italo u struck me as one intelligent spirit led Christian, now i just have to doubt!
Do u now lift up ur church above Christ? 'cos all I see is u canvassing for Roman catholic church which u even understand so little about!

You seriously need to consider below's post

Thanks for your concern and compliments. I appreciate it.

I am not lifting the Church above Christ. That is impossible. The Church is the body of Christ. To canvass the teachings of the Church is to canvass the teachings of Christ.

It was Christ that told his apostles: "he who hears you hears me," not me.

I think you also need to consider my reply to kcjazz and my other posts. If there is any lie, point it out.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

There is no deviation from one baptism .There were different doctrines and understanding even in the bible days and among apostles

Romans 14:5-7
One man esteemeth one day above another:another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

One denomination proclaims that masturbation is okay; the other says it is a sin.

Are they both right? Is this one faith? Isnt this division from the devil?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2013
I think most of this doctrines evolve mostly from catholic and j.w
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: I think most of this doctrines evolve mostly from catholic and j.w

Which doctrines?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

Which doctrines?
Like the doctrine of trinity. Did it not originate from d catholics?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: Like the doctrine of trinity. Did it not originate from d catholics?

Everything Christianity originated from Catholicism.

From where did you know that Jesus is Lord?

From where did you get the Bible?

Catholicism is Christianity...as it originated from Jesus.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

Thanks for your concern and compliments. I appreciate it.

I am not lifting the Church above Christ. That is impossible. The Church is the body of Christ. To canvass the teachings of the Church is to canvass the teachings of Christ.

It was Christ that told his apostles: "he who hears you hears me," not me.

I think you also need to consider my reply to kcjazz and my other posts. If there is any lie, point it out.

Cool down bro, I think I should open a thread so we clarify some things. 'cos when I discuss with people I dont appreciate saying too many things at a time n deviatin.

So this is what is going o happen in that thread we discuss one thing at a time, I think we will start from salvation which will be the topic for the thread.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Everything Christianity originated from Catholicism.

From where did you know that Jesus is Lord?

From where did you get the Bible?

Catholicism is Christianity...as it originated from Jesus.

[/quote]Are u claiming that the bible came from catholics? U must b joking right?

All scripture are given by the inspiration of God. Hv read that before. Catholics only succeeded in confusing people with their many weird doctrines that i dnt even know where they invented it from.

Many of their unscriptural practices such as praying through mary and many more doesnt tell good of the catholics.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp:
Are u claiming that the bible came from catholics? U must b joking right?

All scripture are given by the inspiration of God. Hv read that before. Catholics only succeeded in confusing people with their many weird doctrines that i dnt even know where they invented it from.

Okay so when and where did God ever mention "Bible" in the Bible?

When and where did God say that the book of Mark is inspired and the Acts of Peter is not?

Tell me!
Ukuts gp:

Many of their unscriptural practices such as praying through mary and many more doesnt tell good of the catholics.

Where did God ever say "dont pray through Mary?"

It seems like you're the one inventing doctrines.

Before you answer, please be careful.

Dont say anything you are not sure of. It could turn out very embarassing for you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Cool down bro, I think I should open a thread so we clarify some things. 'cos when I discuss with people I dont appreciate saying too many things at a time n deviatin.

So this is what is going o happen in that thread we discuss one thing at a time, I think we will start from salvation which will be the topic for the thread.

I'd be glad to discuss with you.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
There are many reasons why "churches" have different "doctrines". Some of them are legitimate based on genuinely different perceptions as may even be culturally influenced.

Some are simply due to "flesh"; some are because the Christian Church has been infiltrated by 'enemies' and this has always been so even from the apostolic age.

Nevertheless the Christian Church is one. The Christian Church does not know denominations whether Roman Catholic Church or Cutlass Sharp Sharp Ministry. The Christian Church is not inhibited by "doctrinal differences" in the final analysis. See for example the points raised in this thread on the sense in which the Christian Church is infallible: https://www.nairaland.com/1229310/infallibility-christian-church-simple-approach

It was the Christian Church (and absolutely NOT the Roman Catholic Church) that gave us the Bible. The Christian Church had given us the Bible by the end of the first century AD. The Roman Catholic Church did not finally settle its own Bible until as late as the 16th century. What the Roman Catholics like to claim about the 4th century is false and chicanery; and in any event even that is preceded by what other parts of the Christian Church had done. For example, Athanasius' list of AD367 came before anything that the Roman Catholics can claim --- even anything that they can claim falsely, like Hippo and Carthage. smiley

As Christians, our focus is the Christian Church; the Roman Catholic Church is at best just another denomination or part of the containers of members of the Christian Church.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Enigma: There are many reasons why "churches" have different "doctrines". Some of them are legitimate based on genuinely different perceptions as may even be culturally influenced.

Some are simply due to "flesh"; some are because the Christian Church has been infiltrated by 'enemies' and this has always been so even from the apostolic age.

Nevertheless the Christian Church is one. The Christian Church does not know denominations whether Roman Catholic Church or Cutlass Sharp Sharp Ministry. The Christian Church is not inhibited by "doctrinal differences" in the final analysis. See for example the points raised in this thread on the sense in which the Christian Church is infallible: https://www.nairaland.com/1229310/infallibility-christian-church-simple-approach

It was the Christian Church (and absolutely NOT the Roman Catholic Church) that gave us the Bible. The Christian Church had given us the Bible by the end of the first century AD. The Roman Catholic Church did not finally settle its own Bible until as late as the 16th century. What the Roman Catholics like to claim about the 4th century is false and chicanery; and in any event even that is preceded by what other parts of the Christian Church had done. For example, Athanasius' list of AD367 came before anything that the Roman Catholics can claim --- even anything that they can claim falsely, like Hippo and Carthage. smiley

As Christians, our focus is the Christian Church; the Roman Catholic Church is at best just another denomination or part of the containers of members of the Christian Church.

smiley
Enigma my brother, take am easy o
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
woky: Enigma my brother, take am easy o

woky, my brother (and I do not just mean 'separated brethren'), I will try. smiley

Cheers.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
The bible is there for everybody. And the truth in it stares us in the face but many dont want to accept it. I am not ready to bandy words with anyone here because the bible speaks for itself on some of this issues but some have close their mind to receive the truth that will set them free.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Enigma:

woky, my brother (and I do not just mean 'separated brethren'), I will try. smiley

Cheers.
try harder.. Hw u dy??
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

When and where did God say that the book of Mark is inspired and the Acts of Peter is not?

Tell me!

Before you answer, please be careful.

Dont say anything you are not sure of. It could turn out very embarassing for you.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: The bible is there for everybody. And the truth in it stares us in the face but many dont want to accept it. I am not ready to bandy words with anyone here because the bible speaks for itself on some of this issues but some have close their mind to receive the truth that will set them free.

But your 1 billion "denominations" use the same Bible which speaks for itself.

Why are they still in total confusion?

Is the Bible the pillar and foundation of truth or is it the Church?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
Is catholic not included in the denominations?. That is simple enough to answer.

The church is established by christ. He says 'i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it. The church is not establish by anybody it is christ and christ only. And if the church must be united in one doctrine we must go back to christ teaching and learn from him. Christ encourage us to learn from him. (matt 11:29).
italo:

But your 1 billion "denominations" use the same Bible which speaks for itself.

Why are they still in total confusion?

Is the Bible the pillar and foundation of truth or is it the Church?
Is catholic not included in the denominations?. That is simple enough to answer.

The church is established by christ. He says 'i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it. The church is not establish by anybody it is christ and christ only. And if the church must be united in one doctrine we must go back to christ teaching and learn from him. Christ encourage us to learn from him. (matt 11:29).

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
^^^ Yep, the Roman Catholic Church is just another denomination. It is true that every one has a share of the blame for disunity but a huge part of the blame goes to the Roman Catholic Church for its unChristian and unGodly claims and discord sowing in its quest for both worldly and religious power.

This unGodly and unChristian quest for power led the Roman Catholic Church to say some terrible and clearly anti-Christ things e.g. no one can be saved unless he subjects himself to the Roman Catholic "pope". Having said such foolish anti-Christ things and because of claims of infallibility, the Roman Catholic Church is finding it difficult to pull back sufficiently. Their Vatican II did the best it could but it could only do so much and even at that the more traditional Catholics could not stomach it.

Then there are the outright lies e.g. that they "compiled" or "canonised" or "put together" or "named" or "originated" the Bible. These are all LIES.

Do not believe them; rather do a proper research of the history and origin of the Bible. I have discussed these matters in several threads here.

Also, here is a link which has a decent explanation/summary of the history/origin of the Bible: http://truthsaves.org/doctrine/bible-from-catholics.shtml

smiley

(Sorry woky; I am 'trying to try' but some things are just necessary)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Joagbaje(m): 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

One denomination proclaims that masturbation is okay; the other says it is a sin.

Are they both right? Is this one faith? Isnt this division from the devil?

Self service is a bad habit .No denomination says it's ok .I'm only hearing it from you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Deleted
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is catholic not included in the denominations?. That is simple enough to answer.

No, it isnt. And it doesn't see itself as one. There is nothing like "denominations" in the ONE Church of Christ. "Denominations" is a tag fabricated by men to glorify their personal places of worship.

If you doubt, tell me when the word "denomination" was first used, by who, and what did it mean?
Ukuts gp:

So you mean you know that your 1 billion "churches" aren't teaching the doctrine of Christ?! shocked (remember, I warned you to be mindful of giving answers that might embarrass you).

They must be teaching that of the devil then. Why then are you surprised that there is so much confusion? Is satan not the father of lies? Hasnt the gate of hell prevailed against them then?

Well, my dear, Jesus' ONE Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church cannot teach anything but Christ's doctrine and the gates of hell cannot come up against it.

I ask you again: which is the pillar and foundation of the truth? The Church or the Bible?

As a Christian, please answer my questions honestly for the good of your soul.

I love you. God love you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Joagbaje:

Self service is a bad habit .No denomination says it's ok .I'm only hearing it from you.

Is masturbation a sin or not, child of God?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:45am On Oct 16, 2013
@ Ukuts gp,

Just to bring back my questions that you deliberately avoided by saying you didnt want to "bandy words with anybody." As it turns out, that was false. You probably are ashamed to give honest answers to them.

Again, dont say anything you are not sure of. It could turn out very embarassing for you. If you dont know, simply say "I dont know."

That is what honest children of God do.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by SalC: 2:10am On Oct 16, 2013
italo: @ Ukuts gp,

Just to bring back my questions that you deliberately avoided by saying you didnt want to "bandy words with anybody." As it turns out, that was false. You probably are ashamed to give honest answers to them.

Again, dont say anything you are not sure of. It could turn out very embarassing for you. If you dont know, simply say "I dont know."

That is what honest children of God do.
Answering these^^^ questions honestly will open many peoples' eyes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 2:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Sal C: Answering these^^^ questions honestly will open many peoples' eyes.

My prayer is that God's children can answer honestly.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by SalC: 3:02am On Oct 16, 2013
italo:

My prayer is that God's children can answer honestly.

Amen.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Syncan(m): 4:28am On Oct 16, 2013
It baffles me a lot at how comfortable professed christians are when they claim that all these different doctrine proclaiming religious institutions are the "church" of christ. How can the holy spirit be the author of all these, when the prayer had been " that they may be one". Anyway @ OP, to contribute to your question, some were formed because the founder wanted to indulge in immoralities not condoned in the church of christ, so the new group had to tinker with existing doctrines to soothe the founder and make the new group different. Now they also claim to be part of the "church" too.

Some were formed because the founder lacked obedience and learning and thereby "wrenched the scripture unto their own destruction" they also claim part of the church.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:20am On Oct 16, 2013
@italo. Everyone knows that it is only catholic that is on this mary thing and a lot of debate have gone already for that on this forum however, if you want my elucidation on that issue you let me know not by issuing me threat cos i cannot be intimidated by anyone including you.

If you have an issue with what i say, simply ask me to substantiate my claims and i will do so. You even think i am afraid of you or what.

I am here to reason things out with open minded people not people who are not ready to accept knowledge that will liberate them. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: @italo. Everyone knows that it is only catholic that is on this mary thing and a lot of debate have gone already for that on this forum however, if you want my elucidation on that issue you let me know not by issuing me threat cos i cannot be intimidated by anyone including you.

If you have an issue with what i say, simply ask me to substantiate my claims and i will do so. You even think i am afraid of you or what.

I am here to reason things out with open minded people not people who are not ready to accept knowledge that will liberate them. Thanks.

Bros answer the damn questions!! Nobody issued any threats to you.answer the questions if you are sincere and stop dodging

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros answer the damn questions!! Nobody issued any threats to you.answer the questions if you are sincere and stop dodging
i can bet wit my last card that he won't/cnt answer those questions
ehhhh.. chukwudi no 4gt peterugwu's invitation o because his hopin to see u dia
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by SalC: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2013
woky: i can bet wit my last card that he won't/cnt answer those questions
ehhhh.. chukwudi no 4gt peterugwu's invitation o because his hopin to see u dia
You have started again! Did my brother Peteregwu invite Chukwudi44 personally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Evil Forests Destroyed In Aboh Mbaise, Imo By Youths, Chief Priest Flees / "I Foresaw Trouble In US Politics" – TB Joshua / Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.