Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41507 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bograd83: it is posible u know is gathering his own pple 2geda. Dy ll believe dsame doctrine,d doctrine of Jesus -one Lord, 1 faith etc

Is it possible for God's Church to teach false doctrine?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bograd83: the word of God doesnt contradict itself. Its all abt getin d revelatn

And do you have the revelation?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bograd83: sorry if l interup. why mary?

Not just Mary, but every believer can pray for us, including Mary, Peter, John, Andrew and even you.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Apostle Paul was sent by Jesus like the other apostles to minister the gospel, same way your pastor is called to ministry
so like the bereans who went to scriptures to confirm Paul's words, we are to also confirm the words we hear in scripture.

Sorry o. The 12 apostles and Paul, we know how Jesus called them. We know they worked in unison, even gathering in the first Church council to sort out their issues. Bear in mind that Paul went back to the apostles who are the foundation of the Church to even validate his preaching.

These men that sleep at night and wake in the morning and declare themselves "pastors," preaching their personal and contradictory doctrines...

Arent they the false prophets we were warned about?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:39am On Oct 17, 2013
And you think catholic are the best? U amaze me.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2013
^^ Yep, even the Roman Catholics formally declared one of their own "popes" a heretic; a number of other popes are considered by some Roman Catholics to be heretics.

In any event, many of the Roman Catholic "popes" were worse than perverse and worse than "false prophets". This is a well known historical fact. Even Roman Catholics admit it, Even their Roman Catholic encyclopedia which generally tries to spin and stylishly cover up these things could not deny the perversion of some of the really terrible popes.

It is the province of the brainwashed to think or suggest that only one denomination or organisation does not have "false prophets" especially when undeniable history suggests otherwise, Is a "pope" who was engaging in simony by buying, selling, and re-buying the position of "pope" not a false prophet.

Is a "pope" involved or complicit in the murder of the previous "pope" not a "false prophet"?

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bograd83(f): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

Oh! God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are idols too?
trinity is nt in d bible, there's only 1 God n operates in divers way.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bograd83(f): 7:51am On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

Is it possible for God's Church to teach false doctrine?
No, but there's diff btw God's church n Man's church. In d world 2day u can only see 1 out 100 is God's church,there alot of error in d churches 2day
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bograd83(f): 7:55am On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

And do you have the revelation?
nobody is perfect yet my beloved but God is dealing with an individual by reveal himself 2 dem.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 9:35am On Oct 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: And you think catholic are the best? U amaze me.

For there to be a "best," there has to be at least two others, possibly many.

But Jesus founded only one Church. I think, strictly speaking, it is the Catholic Church. Not the best; the only.

You say it is which one?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2013
Bograd83: trinity is nt in d bible, there's only 1 God n operates in divers way.

And does the doctrine of the Trinity say there's NOT one God who operates in diverse ways?

It seems that some of criticize what you are ignorant about.

Is that how Christians should behave?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 9:43am On Oct 17, 2013
Bograd83: No, but there's diff btw God's church n Man's church. In d world 2day u can only see 1 out 100 is God's church, there alot of error in d churches 2day

How many Churches are God's Churches in the world today that dont teach error and which ones are they?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2013
Yes indeed, Jesus founded only one Church. Jesus' Church is the Church of Christ or the Christian Church. smiley

Although the Church of Christ is catholic, i.e. universal, the Roman Catholic Church is another matter altogether.

Oh by the way, when Roman Catholics today try to present their denomination as "the Catholic Church", they are perpetrating a blatant fraud.

I once pointed out the wonders of the fraudulent mathematics of Roman Catholics where five minus four equals five (5-4=5)! grin
----------------

From an old post of mine https://www.nairaland.com/1447015/catholic-church-compiled-bible#18266086

Now some may ask what is the difference between "The Catholic Church" and the Roman Catholic Church.

The difference between them can be described as that between 5 and 5 - 4 (i.e. 5 minus 4). grin

"The Catholic Church" = 5
The Roman Catholic Church = 5 - 4

"The Catholic Church" = Alexandria + Antioch + Constantinople + Jerusalem + Rome
The Roman Catholic Church = Rome

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bograd83(f): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

And does the doctrine of the Trinity say there's NOT one God who operates in diverse ways?

It seems that some of criticize what you are ignorant about.

Is that how Christians should behave?
apology if l offend u n beside how do l behave. Are we nt saying d reason y dre's diff doctrine in xtiendon. Now tell me where in d bible d word trinity can be found.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bograd83(f): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

How many Churches are God's Churches in the world today that dont teach error and which ones are they?
so y do we go 2 any church where dy are teaching error den as 4 sum1 who undastand what bible says such wont sit n worship there
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2013
Bograd83: nobody is perfect yet my beloved but God is dealing with an individual by reveal himself 2 dem.

If I tell you God has established his Catholic Church to propagate his doctrine and explain his word which is revealed through scripture and sacred tradition...by the guidance of the Holy Spirit. To give us certainty and unity.

And all this confusion arises when men deviate from God's Church and start what you called "Man's church."

What would 'imperfect' you say about that?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2013
Bograd83: apology if l offend u n beside how do l behave. Are we nt saying d reason y dre's diff doctrine in xtiendon. Now tell me where in d bible d word trinity can be found.

I will show you.

But please you have to make something clear to me.

You're saying the doctrine (teaching) of the Trinity is in the Bible, but it only becomes a sin if the word "Trinity" is not found in the Bible?

Which would mean that any word used by Christians that is not found in the Bible is an idol?

Am I right?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Even Roman Catholic "popes" admit that the "popes" can and do teach errors. wink

In fact one "pope" went as far as to say effectively that the idea of 'papal infallibility' is not tenable --- in other words that papal infallibility is hogwash! grin

See the 'Bull' Quia Quorundam by "pope" John Paul XXII. (edited)

In fact some Roman Catholics consider that "pope" to be a heretic.

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2013
@italo. What doctrine is d roman, abuja or what hv u catholic is propagating? Is it d holy mary mother of God thing or d saint michael this and saint michael that, that they are doing is d message of christ to save d whole world? I tell u catholic are only confusion people with their unscriptural and baseless doctrine and dogma but it is only d gullible sha. They ought to stop those practices and follow d wholesome word of God shekenah!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by jnrbayano(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2013
(1) About being the Greatest
Matt 18:1-5, Luke 22:24-30, Mark 9:35-37
Jesus teaches what heavenly greatest is.

(2) But does that mean the apostles shouldn't have a leader?
Matt 16:18-19, John 21:15-17
No, Jesus singled out Peter and made him their leader. Jesus also made him know what feeding God's sheep really is.

(3) They broke bread together
Matt 26:17-30, Luke 22:7-23
Jesus teaches the essence of being in covenant with God thereby replacing the old covenant of Passover and urges them to do this in remembrance of him.

(4) Jesus washes his disciples feet.
John 13:1-17
Teaching about humility and the willingness for a leader to render service to the led and not the other way round like the Pagans.

(5) Feeding the 5000
Matt 14:13-21, Mark 6:31-44, John 6:1-13
Pay attention to Jesus conversation with his disciples. His disciples wanted Jesus to send the crowd away for them to fend for themselves but Jesus told them to feed the crowd themselves without agreeing to send them away like sheep without shepherd.

(6) Jesus prayed for oneness of his disciples/apostles/believers
John 17:20-26
Just before he ascended into heaven, he has already looked into the future (in this time) to see several churches emanating diverse teachings. Jesus knows the devil will stop at nothing to pulling down his ministry on earth and for the devil to achieve this, he tries to bring in disunity and discord.

(7) The apostles/believers carried it on (the oneness) after Jesus Ascension
Act 1:12-14, Act, 4:32-37, Act 2:42
They did things in common, prayed together, helped each other, broke bread together etc

Find the church assembly which their leader practises Jesus form of leadership continuing in the "apostles doctrine and fellowship" and you will be alright.
The gates of hell shall never prevail against the church Jesus founded, that's what Jesus assured.

Glory be to God.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bograd83: so y do we go 2 any church where dy are teaching error den as 4 sum1 who undastand what bible says such wont sit n worship there

Dear friend, you said there's "God's Church" and "man's church."

The simple question I asked is:

Please answer as honestly as possible. It is not a crime or sin to admit that you dont know.

God love you.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: @italo. What doctrine is d roman, abuja or what hv u catholic is propagating? Is it d holy mary mother of God thing or d saint michael this and saint michael that, that they are doing is d message of christ to save d whole world? I tell u catholic are only confusion people with their unscriptural and baseless doctrine and dogma but it is only d gullible sha. They ought to stop those practices and follow d wholesome word of God shekenah!

What is the pillar and foundation of truth, the Church or the Bible?

Why are you ashamed to answer this question?

If the Catholic Church is not Jesus Church, where is Jesus Church?

I want to go there.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yeah right. The Eastern Orthodox is the Catholic Church, so it is Jesus' Church.

The Oriental Orthodox Church is the Catholic Church, so it is Jesus' Church.

The Independent Catholic Church is the Catholic Church ......

The Old Catholic Church is the Catholic Church .....

Etc etc etc

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: @italo. What doctrine is d roman, abuja or what hv u catholic is propagating? Is it d holy mary mother of God thing or d saint michael this and saint michael that, that they are doing is d message of christ to save d whole world? I tell u catholic are only confusion people with their unscriptural and baseless doctrine and dogma but it is only d gullible sha. They ought to stop those practices and follow d wholesome word of God shekenah!

And it is these confusion people that selected the book to be in the Bible and rejected the ones not to be there?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Why are all the Protestants afraid to answer the harmless question:

What's the pillar and foundation of the truth?

I must have asked it about 5 times on this thread.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ah, yes even the Liberal Catholic Church claims "apostolic succession". wink

So it is the Catholic Church; so it is Jesus Church. lol grin

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by DICKtator: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
why shouldn't churches have doctrines and denominations?

in the bible when peter and the elders heard that Paul and others were performing miracles using mantles and ish, they said it is okay as long as the name of Jesus was used. There was also an advent of schism when the same Holy spirit leading Paul wanted to go with timothy but Silas preferred Barnabas so they had to split!!. So it isnt something new. Schism has always been in play for a very long time ago!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
OMG!!!
Yemi Alade is HOT!!! I just can't take my eyes off this music video. So haunting!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by naijagud: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
PLS LIKE THE PAGE https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=180738152113715&refid=5 AND GET #5,000 CARD FOR ALL NETWORK
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by eluquenson(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
"Confusion" if you may ask.
There is only one religion with one Doctrine & one God. You all know it, no confusion there afterall.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by naijagud: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
PLS LIKE THE PAGE https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=180738152113715&refid=5 AND GET #5,000 CARD FOR ALL NETWORK

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by gonzaga: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Greed, pride and ambition are the 3 factors seriously militating against Church unity.

Because Martin Luther, not the American one, could not understand certain teachings of the Catholic Church, he broke away to firm the Lutheran Church of Christ (LCCN).

King Henry VIII wanted to divorce his wife Catherine of Aragon to marry Anne Boleyn and the Catholic Church would not grant a divorce, he founded the Church of England popularly called Anglican today.

That has been the history of diluted doctrine and proliferation of money spinning businesses you call church.

The true Church has the four qualities ; it is one, it is holy, it is catholic and apostolic. You can research the origin and history of the church for more information.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Winners Chapel Displays The Portrait Of Buhari In Offices / "God Stopped Bullets From Entering My Body"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.