Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41396 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by cyril10(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Right from the time of John the Baptist the kingdom of God suffers violence only the violent will take it by force.

There are many religious and church settings today established by the prompting of the devil, it is left for one to look up to God through the scriptures to know which is the true word of God that has not been diluted by the agents of the devil who parade themselves as the ministers of God be it churches or any other religion for that matter.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ediss(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
I no know Y o, let me ask this she goat first
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by kflexxy(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
The Bible said ' my people will perish becos of_________'? Abeg complete am
(A) Lack Of Money
(B) Blasphemy
(D) Lack of Knowledge

Kindly; Quote and select ur answer
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by zelus01: 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
Smtins are beta nt posted cos we national issues @ hand
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Jayboi(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
I'm a proud catholic. It is the one true church founded by christ. Some wud say it is old, get on wit life and roll with the new way i.e new generatn churches bt I ask...why do u go to church? To dance? To get solutns to ur problems? To listen to motivational talks? I pity some pple. Some respect their pastors even more than God. But leme tel u one thing...devil don wise up o. Nowadays, the devil wud declare in Jesus' name and even make it luk so Godlike bt in d end, its always disastarous.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by tobechi20(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
https://m./194716554046905?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1008773408
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ediss(m): 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
k_flexxy: The Bible said ' my people will perish becos of_________'? Abeg complete am
(A) Lack Of Money
(B) Blasphemy
(D) Lack of Knowledge

Kindly; Quote and select ur answer
. Lack of knowledge.that answer your question. Because people have different concepts and perception about samething hence the different denominations wink wink
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by hariorh: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
Confusing thread if u ask me... The sheep are still arguing foolishly on which denomination is best and which doctrine is real that they forget the most important thing the saviour came to preach... LOVE!!!

i don't want to say it o...

but i just have to...

END TIME THINGS!!!!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by emmahoney(m): 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: Which church is dat one. So dat i will start attending
AFC
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bandy10: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
It is simple. Just like money church comes in different denominations.Have you seen any money making organizations that have same doctrines?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by emanobis(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
As 4 God's will n intentions, it's neva meant 2 b so. The prblm we r hvn z days is Human n Personal wnts. Evry body wnts 2 answer names-General Overseer, spiritual Director,prophetess,etc,no body wnts 2 b under any1 again,bt if u watch it closely,bible made it clear dt b4 u'l b elevated,u hv 2 serve,bt d reverse is d case dz days.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by pbling: 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
ds r funi speeches,if u can intaprete d bible take it as ya tru gospel
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Cos like everything in Life, the Bible is subject to personal interpretation..

E.g: Jesus came to earth to die for us.. My Translation is Jesus came to commit suicide.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Abeg make una no vex for me, i wan open thread take nak una some kain gist but i no sabi start the thread. How i wan take start am. Some body helep me out please kwa.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Bograd83(f): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

Dear friend, you said there's "God's Church" and "man's church."

The simple question I asked is:

How many Churches are God's Churches in the world today that dont teach error and which ones are they?

Please answer as honestly as possible. It is not a crime or sin to admit that you dont know.

God love you.
dear frnd, do u church? There is only 1 church dat Jesus is coming to take. D church dat beliv only d doctrine of Christ
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Amee1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
I will advice u 2 look for a real Old Testament bible, go through it.I believed u will have something very important.There are many New Testament bible today with different explanation. That is why there is only one qur'an? And muslims doctrine are dsame- I'm a muslim but we believed in real Old Testament.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by victorv12(m): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Majority of those that practice Christainity are confused. Christains themselves don't have the answer to these questions. They prefer to lie and continue with their ideological indoctrination.

@op It seems like you're getting to have some doubt about the faith you practice, abi? It's normal. Let your curiosity be the guide until you discover there's no God or gods. Our universe can be understood and explained in a meaningful way by intelligent observation of what physically surrounds us. Can you see the pandemonium you caused within thesame religion on Nairaland by asking one simple question? Think!!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
First Council of Nicaea. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea there is much ignorance in the christaindom, no teaching is going on anymore.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Sweetapple007(f): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
Even God disclosed himself to moses as thd god of Abraham, isaac ad jacob, the people re long death but God answer in their name.the name of mary is no different.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Amee1: I will advice u 2 look for a real Old Testament bible, go through it.I believed u will have something very important.There are many New Testament bible today with different explanation. That is why there is only one qur'an? And muslims doctrine are dsame- I'm a muslim but we believed in real Old Testament.
sharrap. Are shiite muslims not an islamic denomination what of tekblic. Ye sucide bomber

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by sammhi(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
the answer to this question was aanswered by Jesus himself in mathew 24 vs 3-25 and mathew 7vs 5-15 pls read these portions and see the signs of false prophets.
there Jesus said that many false prophets nd false Christs will arise at end time to mislead many if possible even the elect. he said these false christs and prophets will give great signs and wonders to deceive people. so pls be warned all those who says religion does not matter do not fully understand that your religion could lead you to destruction
Jesus also give clues on how to know his true disciplses..see John 13 vs 34 and 35 and also James 2 vs 27. ultimately you need to search and know the truth. just as many scammers are on the internet and everywhere to defraud gullible fellows so also devil has turn his angels to angels of light in name of churches ...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by most4luv: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
All of them de COLLECT tithes and offering ;DAll of them de COLLECT tithes and offering
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by slyk2(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

You have quoted the Bible extensively to criticize the Catholic Church. I hope you know that the Bible originated from the Catholic Church.

If the Catholic Church is evil, the Bible is evil.

The Catholic church never wrote the bible.
The apostles and prophets did.
However, the acts of the apostles is still open for you to extend its contents.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by meetgaya: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
[quote author=Pastor Olu T]Simple, 'cos we all understand things differently, and not forgetting the devil's factor

But I have this to say irrespective of ur denomination, ur relationship with God should be utmost!

there is no way we can have utmost relationship with God with differences in doctrines. if a church teaches a wrong doctrine, all the members are lost! cus there is no way you can be save or have good relationship with God with wrong doctrine(s).
@Ukuts gp, I think differences in doctrine(s) came as result of selfishness and disobedience to God's word.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by meetgaya: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: And which church is that?
find out, the one that teaches the true word of God. talk to God about and He will lead you through.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Sweetapple007(f): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
sly-k:

The Catholic church never wrote the bible.
The apostles and prophets did.
However, the acts of the apostles is still open for you to extend its contents.
catholic is the first church founded by christ thru the apostles. So what re u sayg!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by buoye1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
God has his reasons 4 setting up every GENUINE church which he gives different functions to perform....so the reason is divine
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
hariorh: Confusing thread if u ask me... The sheep are still arguing foolishly on which denomination is best and which doctrine is real that they forget the most important thing the saviour came to preach... LOVE!!!

i don't want to say it o...

but i just have to...

END TIME THINGS!!!!
grin grin grin

Yes, dear one. We must preach love most importantly.

But the people we are arguing with here have already known of the love of God so there is little need to tell them just that.

What is left is to correct the misunderstanding they have about God and his love.

What manner of love is it that lets you watch your brothers wallow in error that might be detrimental to their souls?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Modupe166(f): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: Which church is dat one. So dat i will start attending
ITS THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH.it has no founder,its originated 4rm d bible i.e ACTS OF THE APOSTLES.it has no earthly doctrines but we follow wht d bible says.T.A.C 4EVER
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sweetapple007: catholic is the first church founded by christ thru the apostles. So what re u sayg!

It's a lie, what of the Apostolic Church --- from the apostles? And what of the Pentecost Church from the day of Pentecost?

And which "catholic"?

Orthodox Catholic aka Eastern Orthodox?
Oriental Orthodox Church?
Old Catholic Church?
Independent Catholic Church?
Liberal Catholic Church?

Was/is the Church of Jerusalem that James spoke for "catholic"?

Was/is the Church of Antioch that Peter was part of and which originated the word "catholic" --- catholic? In other words, is the historic Church of Antioch "catholic"?

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by MzLakore(f): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pple ave different bliv on how to worship God n different understanding of the Bible...dats. Y they go for wat They bliv n practice it as a doctrine to worship GOd best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Receives Lexus Jeep As Birthday Gift From Church Members / Pastor Impregnates Choir Member In Lagos / "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.