Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:16 PM

Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? (5932 Views)

Total Life Changes Products (tlc) At Your Door Step / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Please and please this matter is a burning issue in my area I need answers.
There are some medical personnels doing door-to-door test on people. They claim to have been authorized by the Federal Ministry of Health to conduct free test on people and sell drugs in their bags. They use some medical tools to conduct test and detect one's hidden ailment and they'll instantly advice you to buy one of their drugs.
Now; there are arguments everywhere concerning this actions, some say that those medical personnels are fake & often get involved in rape cases. My question now is; are they to be trusted? Are the drugs safe to purchase?
Or on the other hand; are they only trying to be smart and make money as well as take advantage of defenceless young girls? Are they imposters?

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by shewanna: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
They are all of the above you just mentioned. Some are MLMs trying to sell their drug supplements out. Meanwhile, some could be robbers. Mind the way you allow strangers into your home, office, shop e.t.c.... If you have any symptom, go see your doctor! I know some of these drug marketers who fall sick themselves and still go to the hospital to see doctors keeping their supplements at home. All na try n error just to make ends meet.

3 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Yinky95(f): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
This is a serious issue. Some of those people I know are trying to sell their products while some are coincidentally right with their claims. All I know is anything from the federal ministry of health ought to have been advertised on tv. The last time I checked I didn't see any advert concerning these people. So my advice is to beware of the drugs you buy from those people. Mods frontpage I need 'likes' on this. *cheers*

2 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Yinkboy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
My candid advice is to trust them, let them enter your howse & buy their drugs at least to kick out poverty in Nigeria. Make them chop some ting now. That's their way of earning abeg no stop am *takes bajaj and zooms out of thread to avoid some people* *smiles with devilish face*. Mods frontpage na

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by dominique(f): 12:40am On Oct 15, 2013
I've never come across such people, I'm not a very trusting person so it will take a lot to get me to buy anything from them.

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Afam4eva(m): 12:46am On Oct 15, 2013
Why do i find this thread funny grin grin grin The day Nigerians start doing door to door medical test just know that something is wrong. Is it not the same people that will not pay attention to you when you stand up and go to a hospital and all of a sudden they're entering your bedroom to conduct a test on you. My brother, you better break Usain Bolt's record and run as far as your legs can take.

5 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Nothing wrong about home-based diagnosis and treatment. Providers of such services must be either licenced doctors, pharmacists and nurses. They must have office address that can be verified. They must register with cac to do such things.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2013
Laalamed: Nothing wrong about home-based diagnosis and treatment. Providers of such services must be either licenced doctors, pharmacists and nurses. They must have office address that can be verified. They must register with cac to do such things.
But are they in the position to prescribe drugs instantly? They use tools like B.P Checker to diagnose all that is wrong with you within a minute. Not that they carry any special tool with them. And their drugs are very rare to find elsewhere so they have a selling advantage.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by koolet: 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
if your mind accepts that... In other words

HBD 2 ME AND OTHER NAIRALANDERS CELEBRATING THEIR B.DAY TODAY 15TH

5 Likes

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Gombs(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
NO!
Don't trust them...at least not completely

BTW...who knows who arsenal is playing next! grin
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Glaxx(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
They must posses some form of identification or else be an easily identifiable organization, if not...
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nikapetrelli(f): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Moi,na trust dem,drug abuse tins
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by cashkid18(m): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
if u allow them to administer drugs n to run test on u, u ar on ur own grin grin..sum of those ones in d hospitals ar incompetent talkless of dose quack ones movin frm place to place,
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
koolet: if your mind accepts that... In other words

HBD 2 ME AND OTHER NAIRALANDERS CELEBRATING THEIR B.DAY TODAY 15TH
HBD LLNP IN GOOD HEALTH.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by mediachirps(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
ignorance is a disease. am sure they are one of those men from Edo state, claiming to be a certified medical personnel. ( sorry to call names)
Is only nubs will fall for them. "gone are the days kids takes anything you give them in the name of cereals." shine your eye my brother, life has no "DUPLICATE"
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
I don't know too much about the Medical Profession,but from what you said,I think those People are not real,just Quacks,especially if they ALWAYS advise People to buy Drugs from them.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Anuoluwap(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
cashkid18: if u allow them to administer drugs n to run test on u, u ar on ur own grin grin..sum of those ones in d hospitals ar incompetent talkless of dose quake ones movin frm place to place,
a very tangible point
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
As long as there was no announcement both on print and electronic media about door to door medical care from the Federal Ministry of Health, please do ignore such people. They could be robbers in disguise. Am talking from experience.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
One scammed me n my neighbours last year, d criminal was lucky 2 hav escaped un-hurt! I dey wait am!!!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Rejoice5000(f): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
[quote
author=Yinkboy]My candid advice is to trust them, let them enter your
howse & buy their drugs at least to kick out poverty in Nigeria.
Make them chop some ting now. That's their way of earning abeg no stop
am *takes bajaj and zooms out of thread to avoid some people* *smiles
with devilish face*. Mods frontpage na[/quote] sorry ooooo i don't understand ur writeup u smoke?? or were u smoking while writing?
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
i treat them the way i treat jehovah witness people who come to preach from door to door.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nimen(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
The ones that has hospitals are not competent, these ones that don't have shops are less competent
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by sutsirave(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
To my best of knowledge,they are not to be trusted. They are just looking for whom to steal from, once they diagnose you,they must see something abnormal in your body to tell you or does it mean that nobody is 100 percent ok?
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by skyscraperTM(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
well it ∂epeη∂s. theγ maγ or might ηot ße real. עoυ gαt's to ∂emaη∂ for aη i.∂' αη∂ עoυ guγs can report them to the hosptilal which theγ claim to ße workiηg for to coηfirm if theч're really their staff. ƒor αll γou know they may be impersoηatiηg αη∂ עou know what fake drugs caη ∂o to a persoη.

-o∂υηaчo™
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Fesisko(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
I was about posting thesame topic for discussion.I had an encounter with those guys last week friday. they said they re doctors frm the fed.min..of health.i demanded for their id.and i later found out that they re traditional medicine practitionals.after putting some instrument on my hand n asking me to bring out my tongue, he immediately told me that my sugar level is high, that I'm suffering from diabetes. the funniest part was that I was suffering from malaria and the instant test he conducted could not detect it.I asked him the percentage of my sugar level, and he ws just babbling. he demanded 8000 naira for some drugs he claimed will lower my sugar level.immediately, I asked them to leave or I call the police ...oboy, kon see as they tear race like usain bolt.pls they re fake, scamming ignorant folks out there. if you need medical attention, go to the hospital for proper diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nimen: The ones that has hospitals are not competent, these ones that don't have shops are less competent

learn how to use has and have correctly. it destroyed your comment

BTW are you related to ODB?
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
booqee: i treat them the way i treat jehovah witness people who come to preach from door to door.

how do u treat jehovah witnesses? and why?

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by fimber: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
If you need medical attention, please go to the hospital. Those people are 419s in medical disguise.
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
They are not to be trusted o!
How can someone just show up at my doorstep with an ID card claiming to be from one kind ministry of health. When you know how porous Nigeria is in this age. I ll prefer to go to a recognised clinic.
Fools ll forever be scammed!
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by sCun: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
One thing with those people is that, after carrying out that useless test, they must find something wrong with you. They sometimes go as far as telling you that your life is at risk and then prescribe some of their drugs for you to buy. I also noticed that they mostly visit the Ghetto areas where they can get ignorant victims. Since I moved to a more posh area, I've never seen them.

1 Like

Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
All na bizness smiley
Re: Should Door-to-door Medical Personnels Be Trusted? by Zonacom(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Those guys do come to my area too. I have encountered different persons twice. They talk too much and too fast to be real doctors. The irony is that people claim their diagnosis is usually correct but their drugs are fake. What got me confused was that the two i met diagnosed me with same problem at different times. So i'm confused whether they are real doctors or fake.
Their patern of diagnosis is however weird i must say.

One of such 'doctors' went away with my neighbour's (an old man) money some weeks back without giving him the drugs he paid for. So i think the fed min of health has to look into this issue seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What To Expect From Your 1st Physiotherapy Session / COVID-19 Update For July 13 2021 In Nigeria / What Are The Tips To Overcome Depression, Guilt,n Shame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.