Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

MRM Vs Feminism - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MRM Vs Feminism (8594 Views)

Anti-feminism; A War That Men Cannot Win / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? / 7 Ways Feminism Is Destroying American Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
crownfisk: She is not even pretty.
Your chauvinism no get bus stop, what has her prettiness got to do with her opinion? undecided

Classical male privilege problems. angry

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by nipeks001(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
@WZ,stop being paranoid,nobody is picking up a fight with you.
I agree on my ignorance the feminists but i still stand on the fact that people make it in life coz they were ambitious not coz they are feminist.
And for the second part,i dont know where you schooled but in nig,80-90% of the time class reps are always male and also yes they make decisions that affect the whole member in a class.
I don't want to be going back and forth with you so let me make my point clear for the last time:
I'm not against feminism,i'm against feminism wanting to eat their cake and still have it-You guyz can't go about crying for male priviledges without wanting to drop your female priviledges,you guyz can't start shouting equality and ignoring and not preaching against facts like men require more press-ups to enter the us army,their are more males than females in every army on earth,women and children's safety are assured first during wars,men are always considered the assaulter any time a fight ensue between a male and female(if i'm not mistaken i actually so you endorsing a guy's post that said women should not be touched at all even if they attack you,what happened to equality?), men always doing the more physical task in a group or,or a woman being favoured over a man in an interview for a talk show host.
I'm a pro feminist to only some extent and also anti-feminist in some aspect as i believe male and female are not same,don't know about equal but we are definitely not the same(i think we can agree on this).
Let me illustrate it as a tale of two men(short and fat,tall and thin) on a journey passing through 2 gates(a slim and a short one),now we all know there one will be at advantage and the other at disadvantage at each gate.Now such is life,being either sex will favour you at some point and will not favour you in some cases,the earlier you understand this pure fact,the better.
On the issue of leadership,first there is nothing like co-leading,there can only be one leader and maybe a second in command and i won't even argue with you on who is averagely a better leader coz to be a good leader you need 3 attributes: physicality or power,a bit assertiveness and being less emotional,so i would allow you to choose which sex is averagely better in the listed attributes.
Now if you still don't get my points,what i'm trying to say is that no matter which society you found yourself,there will be nothing like equal priviledges coz both sex and not the same and you will be favour you at times and not some other times.

3 Likes

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by anex4real: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
@ op ur argument on feminism is too bias as you only tend to base ur arguments of having equal rights as the male only when it beneficial to the female, I clearly support female having equal right in terms of education,political post,voting right. You feminists why don't you enlighting wives also that the responsibities of providing for the family should be shared equally too, you only want the rights that are beneficial to you. Clamouring for equal right in decision making in the family is certainly a destruction path. By the way it men that marry women not the other way round so if you want all the rights, may be you should go and pay the pride price of your guy, then I will take you seriously.

5 Likes

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by nipeks001(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
/\/\/\Exactly my point,they are so quick to say women should have a choice of accepting men's surname but they will never talk about thefact that in this so called ''patriachal society,men do not have a choice over payment of bride price
They talk about how men being labelled breadwinners motivate them in life but what they will never talk about is the stigma stigma poor or not so to do well men face in the society compared to a female who in the same state is never labelled such.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
anex4real: @ op ur argument on feminism is too bias as you only tend to base ur arguments of having equal rights as the male only when it beneficial to the female, I clearly support female having equal right in terms of education,political post,voting right. You feminists why don't you enlighting wives also that the responsibities of providing for the family should be shared equally too, you only want the rights that are beneficial to you. Clamouring for equal right in decision making in the family is certainly a destruction path. By the way it men that marry women not the other way round so if you want all the rights, may be you should go and pay the pride price of your guy, then I will take you seriously.

All feminists are against the concept of bride price, so what are you going on about??
I address issues that are brought up, if you want my opinion on a certain issues just ask me.
Don't call me biased because you read a few reply to posts that had nothing to do with issues you brought up.

That's why I keep on saying y'all are so ignorant about feminism, tell me one feminist you know that is a housewife. Feminism is about giving women choices. If a woman chooses to be a housewife, then fine.......but feminism is about allowing women the freedom of a pursing a great career without being burdened with the societal condemnation of them prioritizing "care-taking" over "career".

I do not understand why I have to state the obvious. It's only reasonable that a woman that works shares expenses and bills with her husband. If the husband is a stay home dad, then she is responsible for the family financially.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by anex4real: 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wu Zetian:

All feminists are against the concept of bride price, so what are you going on about??
I address issues that are brought up, if you want my opinion on a certain issues just ask me.
Don't call me biased because you read a few reply to posts that had nothing to do with issues you brought up.

That's why I keep on saying y'all are so ignorant about feminism, tell me one feminist you know that is a housewife. Feminism is about giving women choices. If a woman chooses to be a housewife, then fine.......but feminism is about allowing women the freedom of a pursing a great career without being burdened with the societal condemnation of them prioritizing "care-taking" over "career".

I do not understand why I have to state the obvious. It's only reasonable that a woman that works shares expenses and bills with her husband. If the husband is a stay home dad, then she is responsible for the family financially.

please tell me a country where women are given all this rights, especially the right of decision making in the family and I will tell you the rate of divorce,fail marriages and many more. We are in africa, it is our culture to pay pride price here, we don't have to follow all this western culture. If you are not satisfied with our culture it better you nationalize yourself to be a citizen of any country that can give you all these rights.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lol at this dummy saying the reason why divorce rate is so high because women made a decision over a man. grin grin

I hope that dummy is a female because it made men looks like
Cerebral tards. grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
anex4real: please tell me a country where women are given all this rights, especially the right of decision making in the family and I will tell you the rate of divorce,fail marriages and many more. We are in africa, it is our culture to pay pride price here, we don't have to follow all this western culture. If you are not satisfied with our culture it better you nationalize yourself to be a citizen of any country that can give you all these rights.

-It was once your culture to kill twins
-It was once your culture to circumcise women
-It was once your culture to kill human slaves in order to bury their head with the king's body
-It was once your culture to sacrifice humans to the gods
-It was once your culture and is still your culture to mandate that women shave their heads, while mourning their husbands

Is Christianity or Islam your culture?? Is English language your culture?? So you want to pick and choose the external cultures to adopt that favor your sexist and chauvinistic desires?? Just like those listed above, everyone of your barbaric and inhumane cultures WILL be eradicated.
How dare you talk to me about culture?? Like these culture weren't created by men??

Do you know how ignorant you look blaming feminism or women making decisions @ home for rate of divorce in western countries??
I'm sure if we count the amount of miserable marriages in Nigeria, it will outweigh the amount of divorcees in western countries. Not to add that the legal system sucks so a man can just kick a woman out of the house and it won't be reported/registered as annulment of marriage.

Polygamy is legal in Nigeria for Zeus sake and you are talking to me about western marriages?? Mu ska ska ska...I laugh in Swahili grin grin
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by jaybee3(m): 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wu wu whipping 'em bois
Whoop whoop

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
anex4real: please tell me a country where women are given all this rights, especially the right of decision making in the family and I will tell you the rate of divorce,fail marriages and many more. We are in africa, it is our culture to pay pride price here, we don't have to follow all this western culture. If you are not satisfied with our culture it better you nationalize yourself to be a citizen of any country that can give you all these rights.

Wait a minute....African men enjoys paying pricey bride prices!!!!!!!!

If that so....then why are Nigerian men crying about buying their chicks 200 nairas rechargeable cards undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by anex4real: 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wu Zetian:

-It was once your culture to kill twins
-It was once your culture to circumcise women
-It was once your culture to kill human slaves in order to bury their head with the king's body
-It was once your culture to sacrifice humans to the gods
-It was once your culture and is still your culture to mandate that women shave their heads, while mourning their husbands

Is Christianity or Islam your culture?? Is English language your culture?? So you want to pick and choose the external cultures to adopt that favor your sexist and chauvinistic desires?? Just like those listed above, everyone of your barbaric and inhumane cultures WILL be eradicated.
How dare you talk to me about culture?? Like these culture weren't created by men??

Do you know how ignorant you look blaming feminism or women making decisions @ home for rate of divorce in western countries??
I'm sure if we count the amount of miserable marriages in Nigeria, it will outweigh the amount of divorcees in western countries. Not to add that the legal system sucks so a man can just kick a woman out of the house and it won't be reported/registered as annulment of marriage.

Polygamy is legal in Nigeria for Zeus sake and you are talking to me about western marriages?? Mu ska ska ska...I laugh in Swahili grin grin
yea agreed some of our culture had to be abolished thanks to the white for that, but we shouldn't because of that forget the good part of our culture, every culture has it lapses because gay marriage is accepted in us and other part does that make it good for us. Am not against copying other countries culture but their should be limit to it. Pls kindly state all the rights you are agitating for.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by anex4real: 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
The rate of marriages in us is 6.8 percent and the rate of divorce is 3.8 percent.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
anex4real: yea agreed some of our culture had to be abolished thanks to the white for that, but we shouldn't because of that forget the good part of our culture, every culture has it lapses because gay marriage is accepted in us and other part does that make it good for us. Am not against copying other countries culture but their should be limit to it. Pls kindly state all the rights you are agitating for.
Selling women like properties isn't a good thing.
Why is gay marriage not good for you or the country Nigeria?? Aren't there gay people in Nigeria? undecided

Do your own lil research, you'll find out what feminists are "agitating" for.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
anex4real: The rate of marriages in us is 6.8 percent and the rate of divorce is 3.8 percent.
Wrong statistics.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by anex4real: 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Myth: Women earn
75 cents for every
dollar a man earns.
Fact: The 75 cent figure
is terribly misleading.
This statistic is a
snapshot of all current
full-time workers. It
does not consider
relevant factors like
length of time in the
workplace, education,
occupation, and number
of hours worked per
week. (The experience
gap is particularly large
between older men and
women in the
workplace.) When
economists do the
proper controls, the so-
called gender wage gap
narrows to the point of
vanishing.
(Essential reading:
Women’s Figures: An
Illustrated Guide to the
Economic Progress of
Women in America, by
Diana Furchtgott-Roth
and Christine Stolba,
published by the
Independent Women’s
Forum and the
American Enterprise
Institute, Washington,
D.C. 2000.). Gay marriage is a topic for another thread.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by anex4real: 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Myth: Girls suffer a
dramatic loss of self-
esteem during
adolescence.
Fact: This myth of the
incredible shrinking girls
was started by Carol
Gilligan, professor of
gender studies at the
Harvard Graduate School
of Education. Gilligan has
always enjoyed higher
standing among
feminist activists and
journalists than among
academic research
psychologists. Scholars
who follow the
protocols of social
science do not accept
the reality of an
adolescent “crisis” of
confidence and “loss of
voice.” In 1993,
American Psychologist
reported the new
consensus among
researchers in
adolescent
development: “It is now
known that the
majority of adolescents
of both genders
successfully negotiate
this developmental
period without any
major psychological or
emotional disorder [and]
develop a positive
sense of personal
identity.”
(Anne C. Petersen et al.
“Depression in
Adolescence,” American
Psychologist February
1993; see also, Daniel
Offer, and Kimberly
Schonert-Reichl,
“Debunking the Myths
of Adolescence: Findings
from Recent Research,”
Journal of the American
Academy of Child and
Adolescent Psychiatry,
November 1992.)

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by MrsChima(f): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
If Anericans do not value or participate in marriages like easterners then how could they have the largest divorce rate

Anything less than 10% is not high.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2013
nipeks001: @WZ,stop being paranoid,nobody is picking up a fight with you.
LMAO! You really do have an issue with comprehending. I'm not saying you're picking a fight with me but in one of your posts you said I should stop blaming society and you constantly used with word 'you'. I'm only making it clear to you that this argument is about the society.

I agree on my ignorance the feminists but i still stand on the fact that people make it in life coz they were ambitious not coz they are feminist.
This we both can agree on, actually ignorance is written all over your posts, sorry.

And for the second part,i dont know where you schooled but in nig,80-90% of the time class reps are always male and also yes they make decisions that affect the whole member in a class.
Where did you take this survey from?? Even if it is true, this only buttresses my point that you live in a sexist society. Dude please don't be ridiculous, the class reps make decisions on minute issues not decisions affecting one's life. And in actuality, all 'his' decisions are within the regulations of your school, he is only a representative of the actual decision makers in your school.

I don't want to be going back and forth with you so let me make my point clear for the last time:
I'm not against feminism,i'm against feminism wanting to eat their cake and still have it-You guyz can't go about crying for male priviledges without wanting to drop your female priviledges,you guyz can't start shouting equality and ignoring and not preaching against facts like men require more press-ups to enter the us army,their are more males than females in every army on earth,women and children's safety are assured first during wars,men are always considered the assaulter any time a fight ensue between a male and female(if i'm not mistaken i actually so you endorsing a guy's post that said women should not be touched at all even if they attack you,what happened to equality?), men always doing the more physical task in a group or,or a woman being favoured over a man in an interview for a talk show host.
LMAO! The society is to be blame for the amount of men in the army, I just named one of the women in the past who had to disguise like a man in order to join the army because in a patriarchal sociey, women weren't allowed to be in the army. This leads me back to your ignorance, feminism fought against this. You should be thanking us for the women you see in the army or science fields today.

Why are you blaming feminism for a chauvinistic society?? This doesn't make any sense?? Nigeria is one of those countries that have the highest rate of domestic abuse and you are shocked that I'm commending a Nigerian man that doesn't want to hit a woman??
When a woman is hit by a man, I expect her to call the police. When a man is hit by a woman, I expect him to call the police. I never condemned any man that hit a woman that hit him first, I only appreciated a guy's moral standard who will rather turn his other cheek instead of retaliating because I know how hard it is.

Let me illustrate it as a tale of two men(short and fat,tall and thin) on a journey passing through 2 gates(a slim and a short one),now we all know there one will be at advantage and the other at disadvantage at each gate.Now such is life,being either sex will favour you at some point and will not favour you in some cases,the earlier you understand this pure fact,the better.

Read axion's post on this thread about privileges. There's no point arguing with you when you don't even understand what you're talking about.

On the issue of leadership,first there is nothing like co-leading,there can only be one leader and maybe a second in command and i won't even argue with you on who is averagely a better leader coz to be a good leader you need 3 attributes: physicality or power,a bit assertiveness and being less emotional,so i would allow you to choose which sex is averagely better in the listed attributes.

So in your opinion, a good leader in today's society is one with physical strength??! Why is Barack Obama the president of the US?? Let's bring it closer to home, why is Jonathan Goodluck the President of Nigeria?? Why don't we go for a President who is in his 20s and is a muscle head. I'm sure my 16yr old cousin will win Brack Obama in a bar fight, does that make my cousin a better President??
And people actually liked your post? I'm scared for Nigeria grin grin

Anger is emotion, sadness is emotion, happiness is emotion. Please can you tell me where you got this "scientific fact" from that women feel these emotions more than men or that women make decision based on their emotions more than men.

Women aren't assertive?? This is shocking, because you come from a society of pretty strong and loud women. Again, I will need a link to this scientific/physiological thesis.

If these are your qualities of picking and choosing someone as a leader, I'm not sure I should be wasting my time having arguments with you.

Now if you still don't get my points,what i'm trying to say is that no matter which society you found yourself,there will be nothing like equal priviledges coz both sex and not the same and you will be favour you at times and not some other times.

You're right there cannot be anything like an equal privileged society, cos that wouldn't make any sense. Feminists are asking for equal rights not equal privileges. Again, your ignorance comes to play.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
The gender gist is simple, the real difference between men and women is biological. As a rule of thumb any distinction you make between men and women that cannot boil down to the effect of a biological function is the result of societal privileges and prejudices. E.g. A man can be the primary caregiver to a baby but if he and his partner choose to breastfeed the child he cannot do it himself.

Note that the biological differences in the pursuit of gender equality should not be used as an excuse for further prejudice.

No matter the roles the society places on either gender in general, they should be allowed to choose for themselves in so far as they do not constitute any problem for the society using those choices.

2 Likes

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by 99cent: 3:50am On Oct 19, 2013
axion:

No matter the roles the society places on either gender in general, they should be allowed to choose for themselves in so far as they do not constitute any problem for the society using those choices.

GBAM. This is the main gist behind feminism.

The right of a woman to have FREEDOM to choose, FREEDOM of opportunity in society, and FREEDOM to fulfill her ambitions in EQUAL grounds as a man.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Frankenstein: 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Only ugly girls support extreme feminism. The surname issue is just baseless. 90 percent of Nigerian women don't have a problem with that.

2 Likes

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
I have no issue with Feminism except that most of those that advocate for it in Nigeria, are usually biased and only want feminism when it only favours them such instance is the dating scenario who handles the bill, or the guy supposing to be a gentleman by opening the door (yep that's actually sexist), or even the law stating in the case of emergency children and women are evacuated first. am up for feminism but practice what you preach. some just support it because somehow its suddenly cool to be a feminist.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by yungryce: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Wu Zetian:

I doubt I'm going to allow my husband be the head, that's just because I'm more of a team player. I believe no person's decision is more valuable than the other and we both have to work hand in hand to achieve our goals.

I see sm1 who is either not African or is never going to get married to an African. either way, this Africa & such topics really neva matter

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
pc guru: I have no issue with Feminism except that most of those that advocate for it in Nigeria, are usually biased and only want feminism when it only favours them such instance is the dating scenario who handles the bill, or the guy supposing to be a gentleman by opening the door (yep that's actually sexist), or even the law stating in the case of emergency children and women are evacuated first. am up for feminism but practice what you preach. some just support it because somehow its suddenly cool to be a feminist.
Every movement has its faux members who advocate their own agenda in the movement's name, yet it does not make the movement's actual agenda a joke. Some of your points might not really apply.

(a) Issues like who handles the bill is a case by case matter that should be handled maturely by 2 adults dating. There shouldnt be any fixed rule, sometimes either of them can pick the tab or they can split it depending on what they agree to do or based on what they know about each other's finances. This is more a case for common sense, financial responsibility and maturity than feminism.

(b) As per the guy opening the door, it is simply polite to open the door for someone coming through, when you are closer to the door. Whether you are male or female, and whether the person coming through is male or female, and no matter his/her age. This is social etiquette.

(c) I sort of agree with first saving women and children in a general population for reasons like:
- Women and children are generally physically weaker than men. Saving them first tends to minimize overall loss or risk if all lives are counted as equal.
- In extreme cases like war or some other risk of genocide, women and children are the only hope for restoring the population when things finally calm down, or heaven forbid if things go on for longer than anyone imagined. After all only women have wombs for reproduction. Male seed can easily be gotten from any 12 to 13 year old boy.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
Frankenstein: Only ugly girls support extreme feminism. The surname issue is just baseless. 90 percent of Nigerian women don't have a problem with that.
I hope you know this surname issue is why some parents discriminate against the female child?
- After all she won't bear my surname
- I have 3 daughters and no son to carry my family name
- etc

These issues are real problems for some people, you have to look beyond your myopic view of "Ugly girls support extreme feminism" and "90% of Nigerian women don't care". Are you really sure they dont care? Or they have accepted their fate as the societally subjugated? Or you know things they may have suffered or privileges lost in their family because they are being forced to change surname?

Please before condemning life-changing movements like feminism from our prejudiced platforms of privilege we should try to see things from the perspectives of the oppressed.

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Raise your hands up if your loving mother (or wife if married, or yourself if you're female) is educated, can move about freely and talk freely, wear clothes of her choosing, and can choose her line of business or career; and yet you're speaking against feminism undecided

I hope you know these are some of the things feminism has achieved so far, over time. Yet there's still a lot to be done. If you won't help the movement by educating people and encouraging a change of mindsets, at least don't discourage those doing so. For the sake of your future generations.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Ishilove: 4:26am On Oct 20, 2013
axion: Raise your hands up if your loving mother (or wife if married, or yourself if you're female) is educated, can move about freely and talk freely, wear clothes of her choosing, and can choose her line of business or career; and yet you're speaking against feminism undecided

I hope you know these are some of the things feminism has achieved so far, over time. Yet there's still a lot to be done. If you won't help the movement by educating people and encouraging a change of mindsets, at least don't discourage those doing so. For the sake of your future generations.
Oya I've raised my hands up. Should I bring it down? undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
Every movement has its faux members who advocate their own agenda in the movement's name, yet it does not make the movement's actual agenda a joke. Some of your points might not really apply.

(a) Issues like who handles the bill is a case by case matter that should be handled maturely by 2 adults dating. There shouldnt be any fixed rule, sometimes either of them can pick the tab or they can split it depending on what they agree to do or based on what they know about each other's finances. This is more a case for common sense, financial responsibility and maturity than feminism.

It's more a case for common sense, financial responsibility and maturity but yet if they're hundred percent of dates or outing, MEN pick up the tab 90% percent (in nigeria, 95%) of the tab. Does that sound like an EQUAL treatment that feminist advocate for?.

(b) As per the guy opening the door, it is simply polite to open the door for someone coming through, when you are closer to the door. Whether you are male or female, and whether the person coming through is male or female, and no matter his/her age. This is social etiquette.

Since it polite, how come females don't open door for the males during dates, when the men are coming through and the females are closer to the door?. How come the females will never come down from their side of the car and rush over to open the door for the males?. From movies to real life, I've NEVER seen ANY female, come down from her side of the car and go over to open the door for her male lover/friend. It's a social etiquette for both male and females but the society requires males to carry it out. Does that sound EQUAL treatment to you?

(c) I sort of agree with first saving women and children in a general population for reasons like:
- Women and children are generally physically weaker than men. Saving them first tends to minimize overall loss or risk if all lives are counted as equal.
- In extreme cases like war or some other risk of genocide, women and children are the only hope for restoring the population when things finally calm down, or heaven forbid if things go on for longer than anyone imagined. After all only women have wombs for reproduction. Male seed can easily be gotten from any 12 to 13 year old boy.

Your sort of AGREE?. To UNEQUAL treatment of male genders?. Your last answer is the reason some people don't take many feminists serious due to the biasness in some of their quests. The ones that can't practice what they preach

Since feminist are for EQUAL treatment, then how come that WOMEN and children and treated/taken care of first before MEN during wars?. I thought it's all about EQUAL treatment?. Why are you AGREEING to an unequal treatment to the MALE gender?. A feminist in the other thread said "strength/strongness" is not a factor to consider and you're here contradicting your fellow feminists that strength is a factor. Aint that confusion?.

women are the ONLY hope of restoring the population in terms of genocide?. LOL. Women have wombs for reproduction and have pènis for producing spérms for fertilization too right?. Women now impregnate themselves?. Lol. Male seeds can be gotten from 12 year-old boys?. And female seeds can't be gotten from 10, 11, 12 year old girls?. LMAO grin.

I'm not against feminism, I support them 100%, due to the societal ills and degradation that females go through, but difference is that I know when to call a spade a spade. Nothing like equality, what you gave as example like the war explanation, is JUSTICE. I root for justice and equal treatment in some scenarios, but in ALL SCENARIOS?. No way. It will NEVER work. It sounds unfair, but life they say, it's not fair

Cheers
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2013
axion:

Well that's another POV to look at it from, but i was look at it from the perception that denotes women as sensitive and weaker sex, therefore the need for men to treat them specially, but you are right, my points are easily dismiss-able. Yeah faux members exist everywhere especially in Nigeria.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2013
axion: Raise your hands up if your loving mother (or wife if married, or yourself if you're female) is educated, can move about freely and talk freely, wear clothes of her choosing, and can choose her line of business or career; and yet you're speaking against feminism undecided

**hands up*** undecided undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Cestmoi1(f): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
Present ma!....following.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2013
@carujmonella
Don't forget I'm telling you what should be the case, not saying what already is. Even if your 90-95% claim is true, the men are acting how they think it's right: to literally buy her over. Again I say, you need to meet real feminists not opportunists. I've dated some and they dont expect men to buy them out before they consider being with them (yet out of love and consideration the man can choose to so do). A man should have selling points beyond his money, or a woman beyond her looks. But it's a mad world we live in. angry

If you say you dont know any woman who opens doors for men, then you need to meet more people. Again, i'm telling you what should be the case not what generally happens in such a chauvinistic world as we live in.

Of course I and another feminist can disagree on physical strength being a factor to be considered. I still maintain there are cases where it matters, and cases like an office setting where it does not usually matter. If I was a fireman in a burning house, I'll save physically weaker people first if I had a choice. Children and pregnant women, Old people, other women, then men. It's the sensible thing to do and has nothing to do with chauvinism. undecided

Saying teen girls also have wombs is just ridiculous. There's a far higher risk of losing their lives, compared with a young boy releasing from his eager abundance of sper'm. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

True Life Experiences. / Can You Marry This Kind Of Woman (pictures) / Check Out These Erotic Paintings Of Women I Did With My Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.