Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) (12622 Views)

Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Among Adam And Eve, Who Is To Be Blamed For Our Suffering Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Maximus85(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
aiyeboy: LAST sunday was wonderful in my church, as the pastor told the who congregation NO PREACHING TODAY..............
he told us to open to gen 3, and we should read then the men should defend adam, that he he is not to be blamed,women to defend eve that she is not to be blamed and the youth also should defend the serpent that ITS not guilty so guys i guess its cool if we also trash it out here.......
to me i beleive the serpent wasn't guilty because IT was just carrying out its normal daily activities, and u would help note in that chapter that IT never told eve to eat it all IT said was if u eat from it u shall know the truth.
so pals lets rub minds together and bring one out as the most guilty.
www.fb.com/aiyeboyx

God gave them a free will to choose from Right or Wrong. He stated the blessing to come with obedience and the Punishment for disobedience. They chose to do wrong. Adam and Eve is to be blamed. The Question is "Is Adam and Eve in hell?
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
Oludrex:
*My Child don't be scared I. Won't strike U bt If I do, I will apologize*

That's the problem "We" get so scared of the unknown so much that atimes we refuse to think

even tho im a lil skeptic, i gat few reasons to be scared..

But have been joking all alongwink
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by lumzybo: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Oludrex:

If there is an option of preventing the act and human remain in the miracle garden .. Then Why must Jesus die??

We shall get answers to so many questions when we get 2 heaven. Its just so mysterious
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
Maximus85:

God gave them a free will to choose from Right or Wrong. He stated the blessing to come with obedience and the Punishment for disobedience. They chose to do wrong. Adam and Eve is to be blamed. The Question is "Is Adam and Eve in hell?
There are two things involve; If the statement "God knows the Future" is valid then that means God knows precisely what will happen...so the concept of free will is just a set-up.
And if the statement God knows the future is invalid... Then the concept "God" is questionable cos to me any being that doesn't knw what the future holds doesn't deserve the title "God"
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ihedinobi: Um, if God had not created or if He had not wanted man to be "autonomous", none of it would have happened.

If Eve had not listened to the Serpent, none of this might have happened.

If Adam had not listened to his wife, maybe none of this would have happened.

If That Ancient Serpent had been content with his place in heaven, maybe none of this would have happened.

Lot of if's but reallt we don't know what would have happened if anything changed. What we do know is what happened.

God created. God made man autonomous so that man would choose to serve Him willingly.

The tree was in the Garden and it provided the opportunity for man to pass through the test of experience that would define his character.

The Serpent provided the impetus that put man in the experience that defined his moral character.

Eve turned order on its head and today we know that the one with the mandate, responsibility and equipment to lead is the man.

Adam listened to the wrong source and today we know that the head (or source) of the man must never be other than God. A man must love his wife but he must not be led by her.

Finally, we see God's Wisdom at play. Unless man was created able to choose between submitting to God and rebelling against him, there would be no reason to create Him.

Unless some spiritual potentate rebelled man would probably never get the impetus to follow suit.

Because God wanted a full-grown creature which had proved by experience that God is worthy of every worship and service, He prepared even before time a way to redeem him if he learned from his experience that God is the right potentate to trust.

Evidently, the way things turned out, at the end of the age, God will have what He set out for in the beginning: men like Himself through whom He will adminster His Whole Creation. If any human beings are not among those it is simply because they don't want to be.
made sense!!

But its a game..planned out after all?
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:

Same here.. I'm really skeptic bt............
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by lumzybo: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
Maximus85:

And who will answer this?
undecided
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 12:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
lumzybo:

We shall get answers to so many questions when we get 2 heaven. Its just so mysterious
What if there is no heaven??or heaven is a no-man's land
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:

Was forced to check out ur profile ..what I saw is interesting
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by lumzybo: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
Oludrex:
What if there is no heaven??or heaven is a no-man's land

Hmmmmn.......
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
made sense!!

But its a game..planned out after all?
A game? Why would you think that? Because it was planned out? When you plan out your children's development into capable adults, are you playing a game?

2 Likes

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
what is he saying please?^^
of course u know what am saying,dont play possum that u dont..that u,by ur post,are feeling angry n sarcastic at God for putting n keeping that tree n d devil roaming in da garden doesnt make Him(God)to be blamed.. The way u are sounding on here is da damm way Eve answered and pointed to da serpent n Adam,pointing at da woman(Eve) when questioned by God. FYI,God is never wrong,never makes mistakes,is never lost of ideas as to what to do,He never repents...d only time He repented was over man in d OT,Noahs time,cos man had become something else,man had become servants to what He expected him to trod under feet...
Am sorry, but i will have to let u n that trailing oludrex (so lucky its churchss day) know that u are sounding like da accuser,n we all know who da accuser is...
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Kei144(m): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
Here are human beings blaming Adam, Eve and serpent. We human beings of today are Adam and Eve; and the serpent has not gone away. The fruit of evil is still here with us and people are still choosing to eat it instead of the fruit of life. Before the gospel of Jesus Christ came, it was impossible for people to reach the Tree of life (God); but the blood of Jesus brought near to God, so it is possible to feed on the fruit of life. Yet all we see today is people wallowing in the fruit of evil.

Ge. 3:6 When [b]the woman saw [/b]that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Ro. 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

The road to the fall of man began when Eve focused her attention on the forbidden fruit. Rom 8:5 tells Christians not to set their minds on what the sinful nature desires, but on what the Spirit desires. If you consistently focus your mind away from what pleases the flesh and towards what pleases the Spirit, you will not sin and before long God will show you how to eat the fruit of life.

1 Like

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Rexxie:
by ur post,are feeling angry n sarcastic at God . FYI,God is never wrong,never makes mistakes,is never lost of ideas as to what to do,He never repents...d only time He repented was over man in d OT,Noahs time,cos man had become something else,man had become servants to what He expected him to trod under feet...
Am sorry, but i will have to let u n that trailing oludrex (so lucky its churchss day) know that u are sounding like da accuser,n we all know who da accuser is...

Being skeptic doesn't mean u r angry.. Does it

If I get right, u said the ONLY TIME GOD REPENTS.. That's Fishy....if God repents does that not mean he is not perfect..
Who is the accuser??.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Shadydamsel(f): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
wazzar: Girls so wicked!! undecided
Another baby in d house
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:
A game? Why would you think that? Because it was planned out? When you plan out your children's development into capable adults, are you playing a game?
i aint putting my children in the house and send scorpions to them just for the purpose of being developed!...

The door is locked,but the window should atleast be opened... thats not the case here
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Shadydamsel: Another baby in d house
lol you mean another victim in the house..

He needs to be breastfeed,,do you mind?wink
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
i aint putting my children in the house and send scorpions to them just for the purpose of being developed!...

The door is locked,but the window should atleast be opened... thats not the case here
I don't follow. Are you implying that what God did amounts the above?

1 Like

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
i tink ur pastor should know dat dat act actually brought untold suffering in d world, it is not debatable dt dey trangressed God's law, he should concentrate in appealing to his church members not to disobey God at all times.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
Oludrex:

Being skeptic doesn't mean u r angry.. Does it

If I get right, u said the ONLY TIME GOD REPENTS.. That's Fishy....if God repents does that not mean he is not perfect..
Who is the accuser??.
more like saying God is a sinner for saying He is a jealous God,huh?u talkin'bout being skeptic n @ da same time u talkin'bout a set up...a set up by whom?against man that He created in His own Image n Likeness?do u realise what u sayin at all? God was hurting n He repented creating man,go read d story of Noah. N thats sure doesnt make Him imperfect one fraction bit.But being the Loving Father that He is,He preserved Noah(n thats not as if He deliberately allowed the others to perish in da flood,remember innocent animals perished as well cos of our sins),n thats da reason we still around on this planet...well i wanna believe am not talking 2 one whoss been joking with such serious discourse all along...
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Badosqi(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
Maximus85:

And do u know that adam and eve at dat time are like 2yrs old kids(because they were naked bt they don't know) though they look matured as stated in the bible bt their think lyk little kids....
why must the serpent gain access to a place lyk dat(d serpent dat gave God tough time in heaven) and left with innocent kids(adam and eve)...
What is the usefulness of the tree if they must not touch or eat from it
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by ayusco85(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
jadelyn007: lmao,dis cracked me up!

*winks* i like wat i saw. Oops wat i see, oops kai i ₪☺ sabi english again. I like was i A̶̲̥̅♏ seeing. Choi i don give up joor.

I like wetin i see wen i click ur username grin. pidgin sounded easier
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
Badosqi:

What is the usefulness of the tree if they must not touch or eat from it
for decoration... beautification... anythingwink i guess

I might order for one.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I don't follow. Are you implying that what God did amounts the above?
please never mind..
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by jendoslim(m): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
God demands total obedience nd wholly adherent to His commands. our first parent willfully disobey nd d result of dat impetus is wat is bein experienced til date. The wisest man ever liveth said that 'the thing that hath been, it is that shall be'(ecc 1:9). d garden of eden is stil wit us til date, adam nd eve nd d serpent: d tree of live nd d forbidden tree are al staring us in d face. our free will stil comes to play. it is 'whosoever will'. Jesus came to restore us back to dat garden nd surely it is dose out of thier own volition dat wil be restored.

1 Like

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Richy4(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ok for people that doesn't have Bible, let me explain to you what we are talking about according my version'

Adam woke up from sleep that faithful day with a hard on. full stretched at about 7.5inch. Eve was very surprised to see Adam in that manner.

when the devil in form of the snake saw how Eve was looking at Adam's stuff, with surprise written all over her, he said to her, "that thing you are looking at is capable of making you wise" if that man gives you that, you will know every thing. from your menstruate period, free period etc.

When she looked at Adam again she could not resist the apple Adam had between his legs. so she approached Adam and asked him to have her there and then. so Adam resisted a little because he was scared of God and would not like to disobey.but Eve chested out for Adam to see her bobbies very well and what he was missing. and Adam could not help himself. and they began to help themselves with the fruit.

Immediately they finished, their eyes were opened they discovered that it was really sweet and they have to cover that sweet part to avoid any animal from seeing it. as they were looking for coco-yam leaves, God Called Adam. where are you, he said he cannot answer God because he is naked. and he asked him who told you you were Naked.......... etc

So the OP is asking who was to be blamed. this explanation is for the non Christians to understand what the thread is all about. pls do not thank me it is free. grin
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Vock(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
nutty_hnic: Mans foolishness that is being reflected till today

But Africa suffers much....so we are more foolish
what are they saying.. what are you saying??, how does It correspond
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Vock(m): 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
Richy.:
Ok for people that doesn't have Bible, let me explain to you what we are talking about according my version'

Adam woke up from sleep that faithful day with a hard on. full stretched at about 7.5inch. Eve was very surprised to see Adam in that manner.

when the devil in form of the snake saw how Eve was looking at Adam's stuff, with surprise written all over her, he said to her, "that thing you are looking at is capable of making you wise" if that man gives you that, you will know every thing. from your menstruate period, free period etc.

When she looked at Adam again she could not resist the apple Adam had between his legs. so she approached Adam and asked him to have her there and then. so Adam resisted a little because he was scared of God and would not like to disobey.but Eve chested out for Adam to see her bobbies very well and what he was missing. and Adam could not help himself. and they began to help themselves with the fruit.

Immediately they finished, their eyes were opened they discovered that it was really sweet and they have to cover that sweet part to avoid any animal from seeing it. as they were looking for coco-yam leaves, God Called Adam. where are you, he said he cannot answer God because he is naked. and he asked him who told you you were Naked.......... etc

So the OP is asking who was to be blamed. this explanation is for the non Christians to understand what the thread is all about. pls do not thank me it is free. grin
LMAO.. U DEY MADT GAN
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by numeroune: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Blame the garden...
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by simdam500(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
I blame d tree the apple grew from
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by walex2bad(m): 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
GOD didnt curse man... I dnt knw why we CHristians turn d Bible upside down... He said in GEN 3: 17b... 'cursed is d ground for thy sake' ..God cursed d ground nd nt man..
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
please never mind..
Hmmm...ok, if you say so. I'm just helping myself to your profile. It would appear that you adopted your agnosticism only this year. And like many others, it appears to have been some sort of emotional response to some hurt or something.

If you're reluctant to examine your position and re-examine mine, it might be best to make sure that it is because you know the truth and are confident in it and not that you're only afraid of the truth and reluctant to face it.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / If You End Up In Hell Fire, Who Would You Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.