Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match (26838 Views)

Photos Of President Jonathan Watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia World Cup Game / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Codedrock(m): 7:04am On Oct 15, 2013
An Emeritus Professor of Transport Planning and Development, Michael Filani, died on Sunday while watching the Nigeria/Ethiopia World Cup qualifying match.
The deceased, who was a former deputy vice-chancellor of the University of Ibadan (UI), slumped and died while watching the match at his Oluyole Extension home in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
He hailed from Ikole-Ekiti.
His death was received with shock by the university community yesterday.
Many people said he was agile and radiant at his last public outing.
The late Filani had 32 years of experience in teaching and research.
In the last 37 years, he served in various capacities within and outside U.I.
Popular actress and singer fully n.ude pics leakes online.click to see

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/10/university-prof-dies-while-watching.html?m=1
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by homesteady(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2013
Eya may his soul RIP!
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by kingarizona(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2013
Professor Micheal filani

is he an Ethopian undecidedundecidedundecided lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

Rest in peace sire

I hope he'll watch the 2nd leg there and come back to live

6 Likes

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by tyson99(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2013
I hope he go watch the second leg of the match there

RIP sir
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by ignis: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2013
An iroko has fallen...

RIP SIR
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Jizz-us! shocked shocked

Funny, I didn't watch the match.

Was the match so tense that it can kill?
Now, I want to believe that sex kills(I mean sex can kill, and not the mod)

2 Likes

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2013
RIP Sir !

You are a true supporter!

Me myself nearly had a cardiac during that match!

1 Like

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2013
tyson99: I hope he go watch the second leg of the match there

RIP sir
lol, shut up. show some respect to the dead. W yuh?

3 Likes

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by trillville(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2013
Super eagles will not kill us IJN. The way my heart was beating during that match, if I were a bit older, I may have had a heart attack too.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by oduaboy1: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2013
With the way nigeria was playing in the first half i almost had an heart attack

1 Like

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by tyson99(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2013
banega: lol, shut up. show some respect to the dead. W yuh?
Babe u fine no be small if nt my reply go vex u

1 Like

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by herkeym001(m): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
GoodNight Prof
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Forzap: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
shockedshockedshocked
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by ghettodreamz(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
Oh my!

Seriously?
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Ajibel(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
That's why my septuagenarian dad has refused to watch SE games since 2006 cuz of this... RIP to the departed
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by infoscope(m): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
He was a former deputy vice chancellor and not VC
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Giddyprance(m): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Na wa o
so to get dstv sef get badluck...all izz well

1 Like

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by 3ace(m): 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Oh! What a pity. Could it be hypertension?
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Anuoluwap(m): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
What a mistake but before I comment. First of all ....... RIP to the deceased.
I don't know why nigerians still shout during super-chickens' match. If boko-haram no kill you na car crash go kill, if car crash no kill plane crash go kill if plane crash no kill pirates go kill if pirates no kill the witches and wizards for village go kill if witches & wizards aren't interested in your death, super-chickens are there to kill you.
What happened to our dear country? Every single action kills don't forget sex kills

1 Like

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by enjoyjohn(m): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
Eehhhyyyaaa may his soul rest in peace o
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Adamskuty(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
Codedrock: An Emeritus Professor of Transport Planning and Development, Michael Filani, died on Sunday while watching the Nigeria/Ethiopia World Cup qualifying match.
The deceased, who was a former deputy vice-chancellor of the University of Ibadan (UI), slumped and died while watching the match at his Oluyole Extension home in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
He hailed from Ikole-Ekiti.
His death was received with shock by the university community yesterday.
Many people said he was agile and radiant at his last public outing.
The late Filani had 32 years of experience in teaching and research.
In the last 37 years, he served in various capacities within and outside U.I.
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/10/university-prof-dies-while-watching.html?m=1
R.I.P!

I almost had a cardiac arrest during that match,especially in the first half when the ethiopians were playing like hungry demons,i was biting my fingers and shaking my legs
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
How will i believe that the match killed the ex-ui prof?something esle killed the man and not the match,well the end has come and gone for the prof,so sad that pple die misteriously this days,RIP! [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by dejijohns(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
RIP
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by andyanders: 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
king arizona: Professor Micheal filani

Rest in peace sire

I wonder why people like you don't have conscience at all. Someone died and you are here typing such silly comment. To bad. RIP Prof Emeritus.
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by pinkshell(f): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Was the match dat EXCITING shocked
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by 3ace(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Adamskuty: R.I.P!

I almost had a cardiac arrest during that match,especially in the first half when the ethiopians were playing like hungry demons,i was biting my fingers and shaking my legs
And Emenike dey fumble say dem reserve dia energy for d second half.
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by snika: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
RIP SIR.

Will stop watching live football once I cross 50.

1 Like

Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by sylve11: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Journey well sir! sad cool
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by NaijNews: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Don't tell me nonsense, "He is watching Nigeria vs Ethiopia" and died, chei!! So what will then happen to Myopia no Ethiopians that was Defeated by super Eagles. "RIP" is all I gat to say.
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Sunnymarc(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
king arizona: Professor Micheal filani

Rest in peace sire

I no fit laff abeg grin
Re: Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match by Chartey(m): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: How will i believe that the match killed the ex-ui prof?something esle killed the man and not the match,well the end has come and gone for the prof,so sad that pple die misteriously this days,RIP! [color=#770077][/color]
Thank u jor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Man Of The Match? / Liverpool Lift Their Sixth Champions League Trophy (Video) / Gernot Rohr Releases List Of Super Eagles Players For World Cup Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.