Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,213 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:44 AM

BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans (28660 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Sends Troubling Mass Sms To Customers / Mtn Dashing Out 150mb To Customers / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by semid4lyfe(m): 7:28am On Oct 15, 2013
In an unprecedented move, BlackBerry has written an open letter to it's customers. Frank Boulben, the company’s chief marketing officer, told Reuters. ”We want customers to know that they can continue to count on us – we are here to stay. We have substantial cash on our balance sheet and we have no debt. We are restructuring our cost base and this is a very painful transition, but it will make us financially stronger and we want to get that message directly to our customers.”

Boulben added that BBM for iPhone and Android will be re-released within the next few days. See the letter below

To our valued customers, partners and fans,

You’ve no doubt seen the headlines about BlackBerry

You’re probably wondering what they mean for you as one of the tens of millions of users who count on BlackBerry every single day.

We have one important message for you:

You can continue to count on BlackBerry

How do we know? We have substantial cash on hand and a balance sheet that is debt free.
We are restructuring with a goal to cut our expenses by 50 percent in order to run a very efficient, customer-oriented organization.

These are no doubt challenging times for us and we don’t underestimate the situation or ignore the challenges.
We are making the difficult changes necessary to strengthen BlackBerry.

One thing we will never change is our commitment to those of you who helped build BlackBerry into the most trusted tool for the world’s
business professional.

And speaking of those dramatic headlines, it’s important that we set the record straight on a few things.

Best in class productivity tool.

We have completely revamped our device portfolio this year with the launch of BlackBerry 10. We have four BlackBerry 10 devices – two
all touch and two hybrid (touch and QWERTY) – and all are running the third update of our new platform. If what you care about most is
getting things done – taking care of your business – we have the best range of devices for you. And we continue to offer the best mobile
typing experience – no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Best in class security.

Governments all over the world, global corporations and businesses that simply cannot compromise on security choose and trust
BlackBerry. Security is our heritage, and the industry recognizes that BlackBerry is the most secure when it comes to the device, server
and, of course, our global data network. Have no doubt that you can continue to trust us to keep your communication safe and private.

Best in class enterprise mobility management.

We changed with the market, embracing BYOD because we understand that as iOS and Android™devices become common in the
workplace, businesses still need to manage all of these different platforms seamlessly and securely.

This is not a trivial task. While there are a number of startup companies that make bold claims, BlackBerry has more software engineers
and the most resources dedicated to developing the most innovative solutions to address this complex challenge.

And our customers know it. Over the past quarter, our BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 server base grew from 19,000 to more than 25,000. Corporate clients are committed to deploying and testing the latest enterprise technology from BlackBerry. We are committed to evolving with our customers. That will never change.

Best in class mobile social network.

We are bringing the most engaging mobile messaging platform to all, with our BBM™launch for Android™and iPhone.
There are already around six million customers pre-registered to be notified of our roll out. This number is growing every day, and speaks to
the tremendous opportunity we have to expand BBM beyond BlackBerry smartphones to make it the world’s largest mobile social network.

Yes, there is a lot of competition out there and we know that BlackBerry is not for everyone. That’s OK. You have always known that
BlackBerry is different, that BlackBerry can set you apart. Countless world-changing decisions have been finalized, deals closed and critical communications made via BlackBerry. And for many of you that created a bond, a connection that goes back more than a decade.

We believe in BlackBerry – our people, our technology and our ability to adapt. More importantly, we believe in you.
We focus every day on what it takes to make sure that you can take care of business.

You trust your BlackBerry to deliver your most important messages, so trust us when we deliver one of our own:
You can continue to count on us.

Sincerely,
The BlackBerry Team
©2013 BlACKBERRY. All RIGHTS RESERvED.

http://bgr.com/2013/10/14/blackberry-open-letter-2013/

8 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by toby09(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2013
No worry blackberry. I dey una back gidigba! grin

4 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by youngdoctor(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2013
Wt do u expect frm dem??blackberry shud continue makin dia money jare..nd lemme continue scoutin fr available ram meats here..
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by amiskurie(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Onyeasi(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Agbalanze(m): 7:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Am I really and trully the first to comment? grin grin
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by kevoh(m): 7:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Yes, there is a lot of competition out there and we know that BlackBerry is not for everyone. That’s OK. You have always known that
BlackBerry is different, that BlackBerry can set you apart. Countless world-changing decisions have been finalized, deals closed and critical communications made via BlackBerry. And for many of you that created a bond, a connection that goes back more than a decade.
Shikena! End of discussion.

8 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Billygee2u: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2013
ok,noted
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Sijo01(f): 7:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Them dey fear say Tecno don dey over power them.

12 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Afrocatalyst: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Good move. Business strategy to avoid extinction.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Agbalanze: Am I really and trully the first to comment? grin grin

No.

Are you using Airtel?

15 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by tosodus(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2013
Kkkkkk
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2013
Seems like i need to get a blackberry fone asap.....grin grin
can someone pls tell me whr i can get a blackberry storm 1??
#teamimustpingatallcost
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2013
that's nice
I don't like blackberry anymore but I don't want the company to die like that.
blackberry is one of the greatest smartphone foundation

4 Likes

Who cares?
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by chezholy(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2013
?
Blackberry we still love you

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by heskay0: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2013
If u still love BB lemme see ur likes

117 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by DonHummer(m): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2013
in other news 2da na my birthda nd i av declared it a public holiday....

5 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by eluquenson(m): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2013
After putting "for sale" sign, how do they want their customers to believe they are not in debt.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2013
Mtcheew! I boast in the fact that i was nt swallowed in the craze of BB. I thank God 4 keeping me alive 2 see thier rise and fall!

7 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by deelaw4mp: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2013
Hope more good product from bb
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Youngzedd(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2013
We don wait tire for this BBM on Android.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by oladrogo(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2013
I like the company's spirit of commitment and sharing their ideas with other companies. Una market still dey gidigba jare BB

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Mubby4luv(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2013
Agbalanze: Am I really and trully the first to comment? grin grin
LMAO! U blind ne? cant u see other mugu's done first u.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Swegzfreak: 7:43am On Oct 15, 2013
Oya na #teambb4life,,, fk haterz
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Mubby4luv(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2013
Youngzedd: We don wait tire for this BBM on Android.
U go old.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 15, 2013
grin.. Medicine after death.. tales by moonlight.. grin

lacicrips:
What an ignorant comment.

There's something they call "customer loyalty". It simply means your true customers will stick with you irrespective of your Bleep.ups.

Nope, yours is the ignorant comment

BB president acknowledged the fierce competition in the market and that's why they took the time to write this epistle... And you'll be deluding yourself to think that techno is not a competition to BB especially here in nigeria, where the masses are porting to techo with alacrity.

BB started like techno before getting to gain global prominence, techno is no exclusion. iPhone started small before hitting it big, never underestimate your opposition or believe that "loyal customer" delusions. The same people porting to techno and androids were staunch advocates of BB. What then happened now?. Nothing like loyalty when I can ten times, get the value of my money with an android that costs the same or less amount as that of a BB product. I'll port fast. Loyalty ko, loya milk ni undecided

In this crazy competitive world we live in, no one will stick with you "no matter your fvckups"(as you said). A little "fvckup" and your brand will be ditched. Heck, without any "fvckups", people will still ditch you for a more appealing brand. Never underestimate any competition. Before BB's power waned, they ruled. Now iPhone and samsung are now lords. Nothing last forever. Change is constant. That "little" competition that you're ignoring might turn out to be your downfall. BB company understands that, that's why they are assuring their customers of their continued support to keep making them happy.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE ANY COMPETITION.. Ask yourself why BBM is going to android.

Cheers

36 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by lacicrips(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2013
Sijo01: Them dey fear say Tecno don dey over power them.
What an ignorant comment.

There's something they call "customer loyalty". It simply means your true customers will stick with you irrespective of your Bleep.ups.

4 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by chucky234(m): 7:47am On Oct 15, 2013
Blackberry the heart of my business and success,thank you for being there.

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nonybb: 7:47am On Oct 15, 2013
Sorry I dont use Blackbeerry, got my 3310

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oppo Reno3 Pro Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / What Phone With These Features Can I Get Under 35k / Check Out The Cheapest Tablet Devices In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.