Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans (28672 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Sends Troubling Mass Sms To Customers / Mtn Dashing Out 150mb To Customers / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
geeworld1: ehmm the last time I checked the top 20 fones I didn't see tecno ?? ?? ??

I'm not talking whether techno is in top 100. Just saying they're competition to other brands here in africa and "never underestimate any competition".

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by axion(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
You can continue to count on BlackBerry

You can continue to count on your Blackberry to hang.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by walcolm(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
emmanuel4758: grin grin grin grin i don fall frm okada grin grin grin

just to solve your beef problem once and for all...gameloft is one of the top games developer for any platform...see a list of the games they have for BB10 devices

just to wrap up, the Blackberry of this year is not the blackberry you have all been used to and have hated for the last 5 years. the BB10 devices will stand up to any hardware on any platform even though they dont have the cutting edge hardware spec

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by walcolm(m): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
just to rub it in.see EA games for Blackberry 10

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by aigbeedo(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sijo01: Them dey fear say Tecno don dey over power them.
Bros abi. to make D matter worst dem go release BBM 4 andriod, weh go sink dem vry vry soon.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by aigbeedo(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
axion:

go troway am dat BB london dead use.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by dimexilux(m): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
cupid4ig: my brother I just tire for all this technocrats infecting every mobile page with their tecno disease
abeg, go and mix otapiapia with viju milk. i think it will be good for ur ailment.....mtcheeew
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Youngtekkey(m): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
walcolm: just to rub it in.see EA games for Blackberry 10
what's is this one saying just upload the screenshot of ur phone running hd games simple
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by lantessy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
dimexilux: abeg, go and mix otapiapia with viju milk. i think it will be good for ailment.....mtcheeew
grin
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by walcolm(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Youngtekkey: what's is this one saying just upload the screenshot of ur phone running hd games simple

ode...you nor sabi read? angry
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
cupid4ig: i dont want to argue with u from ur statement i already know where u stand but i will give u one simple example of what a quality product is all about blackberry bold2 of 2006 resells for as of last year nov/dec for 24k now its 20k or at cheapest 18k but the tecno u bought 30k in january this year u cants sell it more than 12k highest u can get is 15k thats after like 6months used. samsung s11 still sell for almost 40k after 2years of prudoction date. I cant go to iphone cos u know the answer ur self. What am saying is a cheap product is a cheap product and can never be changed. the reason tecno is not in usa or western is not because of money but because their product is not up to the set standard of the western unlike in africa where everything goes. FYI: i appreciate what tecno is doing in africa but pls stop comparing tecno to samsung,iphone and bb. and pls b4 u compare bb z10 to tecno i beg u in the name of god look foe someone that has a z10 and handle it 1st. u tecnocrats should just use ur phoones in peace and stop disturbing our peace with ur tecno is better rubbish. thank u
it seems u have a little problem with comprehension. u draw conclusions where there is none. where in my post did I compare Tecno with Samsung or other android products? may be u should revisit my post.
I only compared Bb and I still stand by what I posted
u can post bb z10 specs here let's compare.

I bought Bold 5 95k last year, I sold it 40k this year ...same with touch 1. how about that?
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Youngtekkey(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
walcolm:

ode...you nor sabi read? angry
ur papa,can't u see that u are the real mofo idiot here,post screenshot simple,mumu u dey there dey split rubbish,i weep for ur life
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by sasifo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
[quote author=Sijo01]Them dey fear say Tecno don dey over power them.[/quote ]

Who is techno beside blackberry. My son use to call them Technomitation. Nothing compares to Blackberry. BB continue with all your good products, you have transformed so many lives.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by walcolm(m): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
Youngtekkey: ur papa,can't u see that u are the real mofo idiot here,post screenshot simple,mumu u dey there dey split rubbish,i weep for ur life

what you just posted speaks volume of your lack of home training and confirms you're not worth my time...

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Youngtekkey(m): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
walcolm:

what you just posted speaks volume of your lack of home training and confirms you're not worth my time...
hmmmm so u are the one that does not lack home training,dummy ,are u not the first person to start the insult,i just urge u to post screenshot then u replied by calling me ode so u expect me not to counter u,go and sleep jare if i lack home training then i am sure u urself lacks it too
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by physise(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
kids una don derail dis thread with "TECNO"
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by luluosas(m): 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Rawdeal: Who cares?
In fact, you are the most care person for Blackberry to continue in business. Do you know why?
You and I knows that Blackberry dedicated servers around the whole world has never been matched by any single technology providers yet. This is the reason that, even though BB servers are dedicated to offer strictly BB services via BB devices but, Android, Windows and iOS devices including USB sticks are struggling and praying fervently to be able to use their non BB devices in accessing strictly BB services, especially among us the 3rd world Internet users.

Now, I for one have never own a BB device and I don't look down on BB users as well. After all, choice is personal, which have nothing to do with class or status.
Meanwhile, let's rewind a few seconds back from the CD player.
Between December 2012 to February 2013, everyone of us especially among we Nigerians, can attests to the fact that, most Internet subscribers then were hooked up to GLO BIS plans because, all devices and OS were using BB services via the Blackberry servers, a thing that ought not to be in the first place.
However, by the time GLO finally said no to non BB devices from accessing their BIS services, everyone of us became like people that were bitten by a dog. I hope you what I am talking about.

Therefore, after GLO blocked non BB devices from accessing BIS Internet services, we all started looking for ways to ensure our abilities of using the BIS services on our non BB devices. And so, MTN came though unofficial. Just like GLO, they have succeeded by blocking us out from accessing their BIS services on our non BB devices. Again, we felt stabbed by MTN for denying non BB devices from accessing their BIS services.

Apart from AIRTEL in Nigeria that route their BIS services via their own servers, their BIS subscription plans which is officially accessible on non BB devices, it is not moving waves as do GLO and MTN, due to the poor state of their Internet services.

Now, why are we non BB device users looking for tweak and trick to use BIS services on our non BB devices?
We are doing so because, Blackberry offers compressed data services on their own servers, which automatically amounts to cheaper Internet subscription plans, as against other OS operators.

Now, instead of looking for avenues to using BIS services on our non BB devices, why can't we ask Google, Nokia, Apple and Microsoft, to build their own servers where the operations of their own OS will be offered, just like Blackberry did? Or, are we saying that the operation of offering own services via own servers is exclusive to Blackberry? After all, is Google, Apple and Microsoft not richer compared to Blackberry?

From the the foregoing, I still give it to Blackberry because, whether they are succeeding or failing in their businesses, everyone of us (BB owners and non BB owners alike) are still yearning for the Blackberry services one way or the other.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by XwhY(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pls somebody help.
I'm having problem watching youtube on my bb.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by sikes04(m): 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
Why dem dey write us letter? Dem dey fear ni?
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Ziggyzito(m): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
9jadelta: u forgot, Samsung started in Korea/asia , BlackBerry started in north america/canada, iPhone, started USA.

comparing Tecno a fast rising company to blackberry/rim a dying overrated company is bullshiit. the money Tecno is making right would revive rim from dying

Tecno targeted Africa not because they don't have financial muscle to build a stronger smartphone, strong enough to put them on the map of the world. but their focus is to make cheap phones for africans that can give same experience note 3 or iPhone would. how many people have the financial muscle to buy iPhone 5 or Samsung note 3. even in USA, UK etc. they mostly buy these gadgets on contracts.
if Tecno starts making phones like Samsung, how many people will buy it?

all u BlackBerry fanboys, can BlackBerry z10 (100,000 naira phone) stand Tecno a2 (40,000naira phone) in terms of specification and getting job done?

N:B I'm not a Tecno fanboy.. but tired of u guys trying anything just to rubbish Tecno

z10 na 60k for slot. smiley
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Defaramade(m): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Agbalanze: Am I really and trully the first to comment? grin grin
Come 2morrow
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Adiu, BB.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Dannylux: 12:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Last kick of a dying horse lmao fucck off!! #TeamAndroid
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by fez(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2013
passing
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by unmask: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
lacicrips:
What an ignorant comment.

There's something they call "customer loyalty". It simply means your true customers will stick with you irrespective of your Bleep.ups.
you know how many nokia loyals are now with android?.....nokia was sold for 7.2billion....that should give u an hint
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by Ibomo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Yes, BlackBerry is having difficult times in retaining their market share and value. The company as it stands holds just 2.1% of the market share value Guess who holds over 80%... that's right... Android. and that's where the Tecnos, Samsungs, Huaweis, come in.

Honestly, I really love the move by the company to remind loyal customers of the company's commitment to a relationship that has been created over the years.

Whenever I buy a product, I don't buy the actual product, but rather what the product does for me. So ask yourself; what does my BlackBerry do for me? and what does other devices do for me?

As for me, I use a Samsung phone, a BlackBerry, and recently just bought the Phantom N9 pad from Techno. And all of these devices are doing just fine in their different categories.

Lastly, these companies have done really great to develop these products for we the consumers and I really do appreciate.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by perryy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Don't fall for the American conspiracy , BB for life. Why can't u ask why is it that Netflix and instagram refused to develop app for BB? Why the media bashing , why Verizon and AT&T hiding BB flagship phones behind the shelves and keeping itoys and Samsung at the front? Conspiracy , Americanism etc. Adroid is Samsung and it is American.
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by 4teelaw(f): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
axion:

BlackBerry Q5 does not hang! The best BlackBerry every! Grab ur copy now!
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by axion(m): 12:59am On Oct 17, 2013
4teelaw:
BlackBerry Q5 does not hang! The best BlackBerry every! Grab ur copy now!

angry
Re: BlackBerry's Open Letter To Customers, Partners & Fans by cupid4ig(m): 9:07am On Oct 17, 2013
luluosas:
In fact, you are the most care person for Blackberry to continue in business. Do you know why?
You and I knows that Blackberry dedicated servers around the whole world has never been matched by any single technology providers yet. This is the reason that, even though BB servers are dedicated to offer strictly BB services via BB devices but, Android, Windows and iOS devices including USB sticks are struggling and praying fervently to be able to use their non BB devices in accessing strictly BB services, especially among us the 3rd world Internet users.

Now, I for one have never own a BB device and I don't look down on BB users as well. After all, choice is personal, which have nothing to do with class or status.
Meanwhile, let's rewind a few seconds back from the CD player.
Between December 2012 to February 2013, everyone of us especially among we Nigerians, can attests to the fact that, most Internet subscribers then were hooked up to GLO BIS plans because, all devices and OS were using BB services via the Blackberry servers, a thing that ought not to be in the first place.
However, by the time GLO finally said no to non BB devices from accessing their BIS services, everyone of us became like people that were bitten by a dog. I hope you what I am talking about.

Therefore, after GLO blocked non BB devices from accessing BIS Internet services, we all started looking for ways to ensure our abilities of using the BIS services on our non BB devices. And so, MTN came though unofficial. Just like GLO, they have succeeded by blocking us out from accessing their BIS services on our non BB devices. Again, we felt stabbed by MTN for denying non BB devices from accessing their BIS services.

Apart from AIRTEL in Nigeria that route their BIS services via their own servers, their BIS subscription plans which is officially accessible on non BB devices, it is not moving waves as do GLO and MTN, due to the poor state of their Internet services.

Now, why are we non BB device users looking for tweak and trick to use BIS services on our non BB devices?
We are doing so because, Blackberry offers compressed data services on their own servers, which automatically amounts to cheaper Internet subscription plans, as against other OS operators.

Now, instead of looking for avenues to using BIS services on our non BB devices, why can't we ask Google, Nokia, Apple and Microsoft, to build their own servers where the operations of their own OS will be offered, just like Blackberry did? Or, are we saying that the operation of offering own services via own servers is exclusive to Blackberry? After all, is Google, Apple and Microsoft not richer compared to Blackberry?

From the the foregoing, I still give it to Blackberry because, whether they are succeeding or failing in their businesses, everyone of us (BB owners and non BB owners alike) are still yearning for the Blackberry services one way or the other.
Thank you.
my brother u just nailed it. if only people could reason beyond their sentiments and hatred for bb users. if not for blackberry alot of all this Internet users wont be able to access Internet today and cheaply too but they forget that. even all this tecno people 95percent of them are using airtel bis. if bb goes out of service Its them who are going to lose more but they dont know it yet. shay mtn don block droidvpn abi dont worry u guys should continue hating on bb users who I think in my honest opinion are enjoying their money without stress cos paying 1k for 3gig is something u can never get on Android atleast not anytime soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OPPO A92 For ₦109,900: Is It Worth It? / Download All Games For S60v5 5800 N97 / I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.