Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? (1538 Views)

How To Make Your Phone Battery Last 3x Longer Than Normal[tricks] / Android Phone Battery (extreme Tweak) / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 11:42am On Oct 15, 2013
As soon as I tap the "Data" tab to get internet access, my battery starts running down crazily at the rate of 1% per minute! This happens whether I am using 2G or 3G network; whether I am actively online or not... However, the battery lasts well enough when I'm not connected to data service. The only active running app I use is WhatsApp. Somebody help!! The image below is a screenshot of the currently "Running apps".

Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 15, 2013
i dont know undecided
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
runzlord: i dont know undecided
Then, bounce!
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by nani667: 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
which device are you using ?
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by babarazy: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
nani.666:
Tecno cheesy grin
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by physise(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
nani.666:
na tecno
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by nani667: 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
I know say na tecno.... but which brand of tecno ?
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
Smh!!!

@OP, uninstall Next launcher... use Nova... and reduce your brightness to say "30%"..
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Judinho59: Smh!!!

@OP, uninstall Next launcher... use Nova... and reduce your brightness to say "30%"..
Sounds reasonable! I'll check that out ASAP.
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Where are those NL phone gurus Its time to help a buddy...
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
darlingnuel:
Then, bounce!
And yu had to be rude about it?? Try and learn some manners
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2013
KingMEXX: And yu had to be rude about it?? Try and learn some manners
Oh pls park well! Thought u ve got some reason contributions to make.
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by emekaanijah(m): 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
elm just use ur normal launcher... den install clean master ... then reduce ur brightness to the lowest ... or better still download du battery saver ... den use d optimize button
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
emekaanijah: elm just use ur normal launcher... den install clean master ... then reduce ur brightness to the lowest ... or better still download du battery saver ... den use d optimize button
My stock launcher has issues: it says "launcher has stopped working"! I used to have a battery saver app but deleted it cos i dont want my phone clogged unnecessarily as it (the app) didnt produce tangible positive changes in the battery life. I already have Clean Master. They dont seem to really help. Thanks anyway
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
emekaanijah: elm just use ur normal launcher... den install clean master ... then reduce ur brightness to the lowest ... or better still download du battery saver ... den use d optimize button
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by 4peace(m): 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
did you flash customise Rom and what type of fone are you using
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
4peace: did you flash customise Rom and what type of fone are you using
"Flash customize rom"? Im not sure i understood you but the phone is barely one month old and i havent tampered with it in any "serious" way. Its android v 4.1.1
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by 4peace(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
darlingnuel:
"Flash customize rom"? Im not sure i understood you but the phone is barely one month old and i havent tampered with it in any "serious" way. Its android v 4.1.1

seems you dont want to state your fone but meanwhile
try this
1.goto setting---battery you will see what is consuming your battery,whether it is standby or wtf ,you will see instead of checking the Ram as your screenshot stated.

or

2.Let the battery run down and charge it to full

or

3.if you have CWM on your fone goto clear battery stat

or

4.search for battery calibration app at playstore install it when your battery is fully charged(100%) run the app to calibrate the battery

or

5.Follow some advice given up when you get what is draining you battery.
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
4peace:

try this
1.goto setting---battery you will see what is consuming your battery,whether it is standby or wtf ,you will see instead of checking the Ram as your screenshot stated.

or

or

or

4.search for battery calibration app at playstore install it when your battery is fully charged(100%) run the app to calibrate the battery

or

Wow! Very promising suggestions! I'm on it now: will get back to you wen Im done trying them out. Thanks buddy!
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
lol..

grin grin

tecno disease... mtcheewww...
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by psalmdave(m): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
4peace:

try this

or

or

or

or

Op y not specify your phone,will anyone kill you...well i'll recommend u follow 4peace advice
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by Emekayoung(m): 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
psalmdave: Op y not specify your phone,will anyone kill you...well i'll recommend u follow 4peace advice
She is using techno N2,thats why she doesnt wnt to tell anybody but pls dont tell her i said so... wink wink

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by psalmdave(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2013
Emekayoung:
She is using techno N2,thats why she doesnt wnt to tell anybody but pls dont tell her i said so... wink wink
she's using tEcno n2...so what should I do na undecidedembarassed
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by twosquare(m): 9:10am On Oct 17, 2013
@Op check this thread....u will see wat u shld do to reduce load on ur battery and improve it:
[url][/url] https://www.nairaland.com/1472039/5-tips-tricks-save-battery
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by darlingnuel(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
twosquare: @Op check this thread....u will see wat u shld do to reduce load on ur battery and improve it:
[url][/url] https://www.nairaland.com/1472039/5-tips-tricks-save-battery
This is good! Thanks alot. You guys are good.
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by bobojoshua(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2014
4peace:

try this

or

or

or

or

Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 25, 2014
runzlord: i dont know undecided
Reduce brightness to 10-15% higher unless you're an older person, but not more than 30
Unchecked Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, disable background data, disable vibration, if you're reading mail or browsing nairaland, chatting fall back to GSM, if you wnt to download hit the 3G button.
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by beinstein(m): 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
op yours is better compares to mine. My battery moves like electricity meter once i ON the data connection. Really annoying.
Re: What's Wrong With My Phone's Battery? by bobojoshua(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
4peace:

try this

or

or

or

or

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi 4 - All You Need To Know / Get MTN 3GB With Just N20 / New AFFORDABLE MTN Data Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.