Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Unique Organisms Humans Should Learn From - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Unique Organisms Humans Should Learn From (756 Views)

Meet Plankton, One Of The Most Important Organisms On Our Planet. / Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans / Russian Billionaire Plans To immortalize Humans By 2045 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unique Organisms Humans Should Learn From by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2013
Siting down on the pavement that cool evening, appreciating the wonderful environmental beautification done by the Almighty, something caught my eyes that intrigued me. I had to mope for some minutes, not for myself, but for human beings in general.
Out of a hole, came two tiny organisms. At first, I had a thought of killing them just for fun. Then I had a change of mind which if I had not, I wouldn't have made this intriguing observation. I watched as the two organisms entered back into the hole. I forgot them then and looked away.
Then came the exodus-like movement of many organisms of that same specie trooping out of the hole and moving in different directions. They made a very surprising network, and they more they came out the wider the network gets. Then, I realized that the other two came out in a sacrificial manner to check out for predators. I asked myself, "WHAT IF THEY HAD DIED FOR OTHERS"? shocked
As they were making the network wider, I wondered what could make them behave in such manner. It then struck my mind that it could be a search party searching for food.
I became interested in their nature, I brought a crumb of bread, and I gummed it to the floor. I did so to know whether they can take the food. One of them touched the bread crumb and started moving back with a faster speed. As it is moving back, it is jamming momentarily with others. The organism that it jammed with will then head towards the direction of the food with a high velocity. Before I could know what was happening, the network has turned into a straight line leading to the food particle. I wondered, "DO THEY TALK"? shocked
They all gathered round the food and I was laughing to myself that they cant take the food. They stayed there for 2 hours, still they continued struggling. I then kept another crumb for them out of pity. They touched it, dragged and pulled it into their hole. I thought they would leave the food with the gum, but to my outmost surprise, they didn't. I taught, "DO THEY EVER GIVE UP"? shocked
I left them because I hadn't the patience to watch the struggle. After about 6 hours, I checked them again, and lo and behold, they were carrying the crumb of bread triumphantly into their hole.
I was marveled, I had many questions on my mind disturbing me as I went to sleep that night. After thinking for sometime about them, I came to the conclusion that they are the best of the best of organisms.
They; can sacrifice for others, never quit, are strugglers and have faith, don't need to talk to pass a message across i.e. they are intelligent and can read body language.
As I reasoned these things, I realized that human beings have a lot to learn from this organisms.
IF ONLY WE CAN BE PATIENT,
IF ONLY WE CAN CO-OPERATE,
IF ONLY WE CAN SACRIFICE FOR OTHERS,
IF ONLY WE CAN BE UNITED,

The whole large world will be a better place.....
DO YOU KNOW THESE ORGANISMS?

1 Like

Re: Unique Organisms Humans Should Learn From by topsy1971: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
good obervation. Take a time to sudy termites you will see more wonders.
Re: Unique Organisms Humans Should Learn From by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
yes, that's true. they are almost in the same category.

(1) (Reply)

Port 2 Refillable Ink Cartridge,say Bye-bye 2 Regular Inkcartridge Nd Save More / FINANCIALLY STRESSED? Here Is The Best Solution / Promo! Promo!! Promo!!! Solar Panels/inverters in Port Harcourt..pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.