Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? (16665 Views)

Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. / What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Hero(m): 12:06am On Jul 04, 2008
I've been reading the Nigerian online News reports and all I see is loads and loads, and loads, and loads of articles on how this person and that person has stole some shit and or cheated somebody out of some shit. I mean, like a good 85% of the listed articles are focused on instances of mass corruption in the nation and or mass violence incurred most like via some form of corruption. angry I'm tired of it.

Why in the hell can't them knuckleheads get their shit together with all those resources and talent amongst you folks and that nation still hasn't been developed in to being worth a shit more than providing the west and Asians with resources like this is till the fucking colonial days. Please, I want to know, what the Bleep is the problem. Don't you know the world is laugh at you fools raping each other as they go about raping you unison? This is ridiculous, to have all that free potential and yet not achieve a got damn thing with it. LOSERS is what most folks would call such unproductive people.

Don't get me wrong here, I not trying to be hateful; I mean AA need to step our game up too, though at least we've made extreme progress within the past few decades in getting many of our social ills under control. Though Nigerians as a whole seam like they're make no progress, and in actuality have gone backward. To have what you Nigerian have and not be like a major world power by now is just trifling ridiculous.

All that potential wasted. I cant even joke about this shit because it make me too angry to even think about it. angry What the hell is it gonna take to stop the rampant mass corruption holding that nation back; and save me the bullshit about the government heads doing all the corrupting, because its like a nationally embedded mentality. Not all are mentally corrupt though a pretty damn large bunch are. You need like a national mental cleansing of that whole nation.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2008
I've been reading the US online News reports and all I see is loads and loads, and loads, and loads of articles on black-on-black crime, drug dealing, violence, baby mama syndrome or the high black drop out rates. I mean, like a good 30% of African american males are in jail. I'm tired of it.

Why in the hell can't them knuckleheads get their shit together with all those resources and talent amongst your white masters and your schools and neighbourhoods still haven't been developed in to being worth a shit more than providing the media and racists with yet more ammunition since the fucking days of slavery? Please, I want to know, what the mess is the problem. Don't you know the world laughed at you when Katrina exposed your collective intellectual poverty? This is ridiculous, to have all that free potential and yet not achieve a got damn thing with it. LOSERS is what most folks would call such unproductive people.

Don't get me wrong here, I not trying to be hateful; I mean continental Africans need to step our game up too, though at least we've made extreme progress within the past few decades in getting many of our social ills under control. Though African Americans as a whole seem like they're making no progress, and in actuality have gone backward. To have what you Americans have and yet be nothing more than unwanted appendages or mere cheap labor for a major world power like the US is just trifling ridiculous.

All that potential wasted. I can't even joke about this shit because it make me too angry to even think about it. What the hell is it going to take to stop the rampant illiteracy holding you ex-slaves back; and save me the bullshit about white racism, because its like a colour-embedded mentality. Not all are mentally inept though a pretty damn large bunch are. You need like a complete re-engineering of you folks as a people.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by iice(f): 3:28am On Jul 04, 2008
laughing ma frozen butt off grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by ayomifull(f): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2008
OMG! Cant stop laughing, u ar funny man.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by edmondo(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2008
i get mad at times when i see people talk bad about Nigerian as if we are the most corrupt nation in world.the poster did not get his fact before concluding about corruption in Nigeria.Am not saying we dont have corrupt people in Nigeria but we also have good people in Nigeria as well but the so called while men are more corrupt than us,just yesterday i read in the yahoo mail how billions of dollars was lost to hacker in the state thru ATM,they would call to Nigeria all in the name of getting school for Nigerian abroad and they get away with it or hw money paid into school account would not be return back to the owner for years and so on.
i got to go but i would cme back to give you more,
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2008
@edmondo.

We are saying that Nigerians are corrupt for Nigeria. The underdevelopment condition of Nigeria should not allow anyone that has conscience to steal even a kobo of public fund. Again, there is a loss of patriotism in the minds of Nigerians. Do u know why? Offenders don't get punished. So nobody cares when any goes wrong.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by nedra: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2008
nigeria shares border with hell fire dats why evey bad thing is obtainable in nigeria grin
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by ademiller(f): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2008
Abeg make una leave naija and him wahala alone joh, upon all d discriminating, abuse and all nigeria aint getting better, besides are we d only corrupt country?i wish as una dey discuss am una dey find solution an effecting the solution, dat would have been better.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by spikedcylinder: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2008
@ Hero,

What have you done albeit in your own little way to help your country?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2008
You c, most of you get it wrong. The number 1 vitality to making Nigeria a better place is Money! And our administrators are simply busy scooping this money. if you put N4.5B in any industrial establishment in Nigeria, that firm would create more than 1500 new jobs. All the money these people are stealing when put into good use could make Nigeria a near Heaven!
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2008
The only set of people that can make Nigeria a better place are our leaders in Government. If they are ready, every other person will be ready.
When you say, "dont misappropriate any public fund in your care" and someone goes contrary to the directive and gets heavily punished, no one else would commit such offense, or dont you think so?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by ademiller(f): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2008
my sister cylinder hellep me ask am again o, instead of u 2 do sumtim ur here discriminatin and damagin naija's image d more angry
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2008
@spikedcylinder.

The way you respond to issues related to corruption and embezzlement of our public fund is awful. Even if you benefit from such wealth, that's not good enough reason to support evil. Dont you have conscience? money meant for more than 150M million Nigerians, less than 10% of you have taken it and are still scooping to the detriment of the society in which you live, if you actually do.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by spikedcylinder: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2008
emmydee:

@spikedcylinder.

The way you respond to issues related to corruption and embezzlement of our public fund is awful. Even if you benefit from such wealth, that's not good enough reason to support evil. Dont you have conscience? money meant for more than 150M million Nigerians, less than 10% of you have taken it and are still scooping to the detriment of the society in which you live, if you actually do.

Have I responded to previous issues of embezzlement of public funds awfully? Show me. You make it seem like its something I usually do on nairaland but I guess thats your bad.
Here, I wasnt even referring to embezzlement of any sort, I was simply asking the poster a question since he seems to be particularly upset about the situation of things in Nigeria. I don't support embezzlement and I don't even know anyone in public office that will enable me "chop and clean mouth". My opinion however is that the government ALONE cannot change Nigeria, to suggest otherwise would be usurious.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by sherrylo: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2008
Ibeg oo who post this kind thing wen just dey Bleep,Bleep,Bleep for here? and as a matter of fact there is serious curroption in Nigeria but if we tend to look very well,we will see worse cases in so many country's.Na the country wen dem dey rule dem like animal na him we wan talk?or the one wen citizens dem don dey carry plate dey go government house for food! I beg make we take am easy.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2008
@spikedcylinder:

Sorry I picked on you.
But the govt ALONE CAN CHANGE NIGERIA. Dont be deceived, the govt alone can do it if it so desires>
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by ademiller(f): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2008
emmydee na wa for u oh, but we all know its d truth and it has to b told na undecided
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by eminemkayc: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2008
WHAT CAN I SAY NOW, LET ME THINK FIRST
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by kaypound(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2008
spikedcylinder:

@ Hero,

What have you done albeit in your own little way to help your country?

well said girl! is that you in your profile pix? menh! you off the hook man. Even creatures like that know nigeria's problems is that not serious?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by eminemkayc: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2008
NIGERIA HAS BEEN SO CORRUPT SINCE ITS INCEPTION (AFTER INDEPENDENCE) DUE TO THE CALIBRE OF PERSONS THAT TOOK THE MANTLE OF LEADERSHIP ONE AFTER THE OTHER! ITS NOW A TERRIBLE CULTURE THAT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SPIT OUT FROM THE MOUTH OF NIGERIANS. FROM PUBLIC PARASTATALS TO PRIVATE ONES, ITS GLARING FOR ALL TO SEE! EVEN FOREIGNERS WHO COME TO DO BUSINESS IN NIGERIA, NOW PARTAKE IN THE VIABLE BUSINESS (CORRUPTION)! TO WORSEN IT ALL, A PALE LOOKING SICK MAN HAS TAKEN OVER THE BATON OF LEADERSHIP FORM HIS BIG-BELLE PREDECESSOR WHO STOLE BILLIONS OF OUR CURRENCY AND SQUEEZED IT ALL INTO HIS PURSE! ISNT IT REGRETTABLE THAT IN A COUNTRY OF PROFFESIONALS AND HIGHLY INTELLIGENT MEN, WHO COULD ENACT AND COUPLE UP SHORT, MEDIUM AND LONG TERM SOLUTIONS TO OUR PROBLEMS, WE STILL HAVE A 'COUGHING' PRESIDENT WHO LACKS VISION, DRIVING US IN HIS SLOW MOVING MOLUE WHILE WE SIT BACK AND WATCH HAPLESSLY! grin grin. IV PRAYED A LOT AND AM EVEN TIRED OF PRAYING FOR THIS COUNTRY TO CHANGE. IV NOW DECIDED TO TAKE UP ARMS AND BECOME A MILLITANT AND SNIPE ANY GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL I SEE AROUND V.I FROM MY ROOF TOP WITH MY REVOLVER!!(I JUST GOT ONE AND AM READING THE MANUALS) grin grin cheesy NONSENSE!! VERY ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING COUNTRY!!
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by ubest1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2008
because our leaders are arm robbers, so the the blood flo from them to the society.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by skirmish: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ davidylan,

Some response to the Shithead! cheesy grin
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by edmondo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nella(f): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ davidylan,

lmao! lol, good one!
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by spikedcylinder: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
emmydee:

@spikedcylinder:

Sorry I picked on you.
But the govt ALONE CAN CHANGE NIGERIA. Dont be deceived, the govt alone can do it if it so desires>

Practical example: Lagos.
Imagine the state government doing everything within its powers to control debris and rubbish. . . . you know, developing appropriate waste disposal methods and implementing them. Do you think lagosians would just stop throwing "pure water" nylons out on the street? Do you really think so??

kaypound:

well said girl! is that you in your profile pix? menh! you off the hook man. Even creatures like that know nigeria's problems is that not serious?

I'm pretty ehn?? grin grin
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2008
I do not think the poster was trying to diss our country, Nigeria is the "Giant of Africa", and I have heard that most African Americans, and other Blacks actually look up to us, and feel bad that Nigeria isn't exactly like the way Israel is to the Jews all around the world. We do need mental cleansing anyways, and also like he said, AA's need to step their game up, but I don't think this was a diss thread.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2008
@spikedcylinder

They cant stop throwing pure water bags cos they're used to it. It will take a long time and a clearly implemented system for them to stop doing that. They have now learnt how to que at BRT bus stops. Check out how Donald Duke kept Calabar. Most of these people have hunger and housing problems embedded in their schedule. Some even have health problems they dont have money to treat. Some of them waka pass where they're going cos their mind don waka leave them. .Let the FG give us light, good roads, potable water, highly subsidized and affordable health care, good housing, access to basic education especially for the poor, good transport systems, good and efficient justice system, accountability, show concern for the citizenry, then you will see that most of these vices would fizzle out.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by eboweme: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2008
My broda, there is too much witchcraft & rituals. Nothing good comes from the devil. This is evident in some many areas our roads, power supply, telecoms, etc.
Can't u see the billions of naira our leader are stealing?

I beg make i go sleep. Bye bye.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by sistajay(f): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ Poster

What can be done to erase corruption eh? For NIGERIA that's just the way it is, year in year out all we do is talk about it. This time next year I bet you'll still be askin the same question.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by romeo(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Hero

I agree with you here, this country is rotten and the people are too corrupt to accept that fact angry
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by EXPONENT(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2008
Good Question Hero.

I don't see this sh!t getting better.

The Nigerian ELITE are enjoying a lifestyle they are not about to surrender.

THE MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS HAVE CORRUPTED THEM.

They have sold their SOULS for DOLLARS.

It can change - IF the CAPITALIST CORPORATIONS demand that Nigeria's elite stop engaging in unbridled avarice Against its people.

The Elite will NEVER change its ways on its own. They are too busy trying to one-up each other while a WHOLE nation suffers.

This would NEVER happen with AA's.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by romeo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hero why is it that when you change ID to Exponent you do not make sense at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Emmanuel Ekemejewan Sideso's 10th Coronation Anniversary As The Ovie Of Uvwie / The Ijaws That I Know / Nigeria Traditional Marriage, The Urhobo Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.