Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,222 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

I Need Your Advice! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Advice! (1326 Views)

Dear Family, Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / I Need Your Advice As Regards My Family Issue. / Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice! by Dime(f): 3:47am On Jul 04, 2008
Please i need your opinion

I met a man that loves me and i feel the same way too. He impregnated me and now i have a beautiful daughter. But he is not here with me. All through my pregnancy he was not here though it wasn't by choice his visa didn't go through. We speak everyday though and we had an introduction which i didn't attend because of the distance and because i couldn't travel due to the fact that i was heavy. Am going to be 23 very soon and i love being a mother and all but i am scared about a lot of things. Will it work out, Will i go back to my old ways which is partying and being out there all the time, in short i wonder if me being good will pay off in the long run. And is it okay for me to still want to look hot like wearing nice shorts or minis and looking sexy sha.

Just advice me please!
Re: I Need Your Advice! by TOH(f): 4:01am On Jul 04, 2008
wow. long time dime.

Um I know a couple of young moms who still look good. Dont think you have to loook frumpy cos you have a kid esp at your age. But you cant go around looking obnoxious either so PERSONALLY I think stuff like booty shorts should be out. After all now you have to be a role model for your daughter, Plenty of other nice things one can wear that dont have to be overly provocative in my opinion and i dont think you have to stay locked up in a house either but just know how you behave in public now is the thing.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Morenisexy(f): 4:06am On Jul 04, 2008
Well, being a mother comes with lots of responsibilities, which does not include booty shorts and partying like a rock star.
I'll think that now that you're a mom, you'll want to get yourself together and and be a good example for your child.
Hell yea, you can still look sexy being a mother, am sure there are other fashion out there you can wear other than booty shorts .

Now as to your man. .if you love him and he really loves you no biggy. . but, there are many circumstances you have to think about.
Will you marry him, and if you do, will he be allowed to come to America?
If so, does he have a certificate and job experience so that he'll be able to get a good job over here?

No, it's not going to be easy at first, but hey, nothing comes easy. .

and goodluck sha!
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Dime(f): 4:16am On Jul 04, 2008
i don't own any booty shorts but what about shorts shorts and how come nobody is mentioning the mini skirts?
Re: I Need Your Advice! by TOH(f): 4:17am On Jul 04, 2008
same difference. To be honest minis look less vulgar on tall and very slim people.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Morenisexy(f): 4:18am On Jul 04, 2008
Dime:

i don't own any booty shorts but what about shorts shorts and how come nobody is mentioning the mini skirts?
Mini skirts, I dnt know o. . since I dnt wear mini skirt at all, I can't advice you on that.
booty shorts, shorts, mini shorts, to me, they're all in same category tongue

Over to ThiefOfHeart . .
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Dime(f): 4:20am On Jul 04, 2008
lol,

toh missed ya sha how far, how body?
Re: I Need Your Advice! by TOH(f): 4:24am On Jul 04, 2008
I dey jare. How are you? You had pikin and you didnt bother to tell NL. o ga o.

when are you gonna go to Nigeria?
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Dime(f): 4:37am On Jul 04, 2008
in december.

But am going to england dis mnth

u?
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Dime(f): 4:40am On Jul 04, 2008
i apologize to nairaland have been busy dats why
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Tonim(f): 5:26am On Jul 04, 2008
Dime:

Please i need your opinion

I met a man that loves me and i feel the same way too. He impregnated me and now i have a beautiful daughter. But he is not here with me. All through my pregnancy he was not here though it wasn't by choice his visa didn't go through. We speak everyday though and we had an introduction which i didn't attend because of the distance and because i couldn't travel due to the fact that i was heavy.

Am going to be 23 very soon and i love being a mother and all but i am scared about a lot of things. Will it work out, Will i go back to my old ways which is partying and being out there all the time, in short i wonder if me being good will pay off in the long run. And is it okay for me to still want to look hot like wearing nice shorts or minis and looking sexy sha.

Just advice me please!

Hi Dime,

Please don't be scared. All would be well with you in the name of Jesus.

Let me try and weigh in on your situation.

1. Now that you are a mother, there is definitely going to be some change in how you dress and generally carry yourself. Like someone
else has mentioned, you are now a role model to your daughter and would need to act as such.

You have to make your best judgment as to what constitutes classy and not trashy. As women, we should all look sexy, beautiful
and decent; I don't subscribe to those that believe that a mother or wife should be overly conservative in her dressing.

Take a look around mothers that you know and say to yourself: I would like to dress like that OR No, that is way too trashy for me.

Eventually, you'll have to decide what style of dressing best suits you.

But I want you to remember this, the way you dress should reflect (at least to some degree) that you are now a mother. How you
want to interpret this is totally up to you.

2. You are going to need the support of your daughter's father. Your daughter needs to have her father in her life both emotionally and
from a financial stand point. If the two of you really love each other, then you should consider tying the knot and having your own family.

3. Both you and your baby's father need to have stable careers in order to raise this child. I don't know how far you (& your baby's dad)
went as far as your education, but you have to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

4. Finally, there is no doubt that the absence of your baby's dad is a big chunk of the reasons for you being scared. His presence would
be more assuring; at least he could be supporting you emotionally and stuff.

Is the guy educated ? Does he have a good head on his shoulder ? Would he make a good father/husband ? Perhaps you could
have someone back home keep an eye out on him.

If indeed he is a good and worthy fellow, then you should consider tying the knot and you guys should have your own family
in Canada. God bless.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by francessby(f): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2008
You have to choose between the old and new life then make your choice, so that you will not look for who to blame
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Dime(f): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2008
yes and i have but sometimes just sometimes i get the urge to put on my old clothes and feel sexy again not that am not sexy but you know extra sexy.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Youngpo413: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
I know your type...
Hoe!
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Where is the father of your child?

You can still look hot but like in hot and classy and not hot and slutty. wink
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Youngpo413: I know your type...
Hoe!

shut up!
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Youngpo413: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

shut up!

why should I?
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Youngpo413:

why should I?

Because you have obviously nothing sensible to say to her.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Youngpo413: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Because you have obviously nothing sensible to say to her.

you are right!
Anyway my apologies,you know I respect ladies alot.
Have a nice day.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Youngpo413:

you are right!
Anyway my apologies,you know I respect ladies alot.
Have a nice day.

Nice!

Thank you very much.
Re: I Need Your Advice! by Youngpo413: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Nice!

Thank you very much.

you are welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Advise On 10 Years Old Girl / Is He Deceiving Me? / Is It To Beat Her Or To Ignore Her, Which Is Wiser???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.