Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. (7039 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / "My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by ikuoma4rea: 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
My wife just developed an attitude that is quite disturbing.just because l get her involved in any project in the house by contributing her own share because she works so that we can get something better for the family.Anytime time l control her she says stuffs like after all my money was involved.but her income is more than mine but l ensure that the rent and running of the house is been handled by me except for the cooking that sometimes l just give her what l have to add to what she has.l could not watch a program just because she was watching a program and when l insisted she disconnected the television set and left with the cord to her room after all l joined my own money in purchasing the television set.she is always against me going to club and hanging out with friends,did that last nite and when l got home she refused to open the door and l had to put a call to the mum before she opened the door at 4am.she is working and earns more than l do but can't l have peace in my own house without her throwing tantrums on me even without been worried about our neighbors.what do l do to have my freedom and respect back because l don't get any respect from her anymore.little things she tells the mum and she calls to start advising me which l find uncomfortable .confused right now.we have 2 kids now.need good advice.
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Ellatyra(f): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'm first oh,just incase this makes front page...
By the way,i'm about your wife!
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by xynerise: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Some women get carried away when they earn higher than their husbands. But you need to remember you are still the head of the family.

Was the marriage an arranged marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by DarqChild: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
My guy you will die before your time in the hands of a woman like that if you continue to live with her. Forget the fact that you have two children with her. You should first off stop telling about her your financial state. (the lion is the king of the jungle and actually has many females as wives yet he doesn't hunt for game. The women do.) wink When a woman knows exactly how much you earn then my brother you are in hot soup and secondly, you'd better kick her out of your life or else you'll lose your dignity as a man and your "pants" will literally be stripped off you. If you are not man enough to shackle her and bring her to order then let her off before you actually become shackled and lose your life. Adios.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
what do l do to have my freedom and
respect back because l don't get any respect from her anymore.little things she tells the mum and she
calls to start advising me which l find
uncomfortable .confused right now.we have 2 kids
now.need good advice.
Alright, i do feel for you. It's obvious she is disrespecting you. From what i read above, it is apparent that having a talk with her will not yield the desired result.
I bet that woman does not know that tables do turn. I wonder what her reaction would be when you get a higher pay.
Lemme cut the epistle short. You see, for ladies like this, to get your respect back, it means you must have enough of $$$.
Don't let this frustrate you, instead, let this inspire you, let it motivate you. Get a high paying job or look for avenue to create multiple stream income. Keep your focus. Let this make you and not break you.
And one more thing, don't raise your hand against her.
Goodluck.

11 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by judii(f): 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
@ Op, you, self, check what you are doing nau! Haba! What is a responsible married man (with 2 kids o) doing outside his house till early hours of the day? Abeg bros, respect is not only earned o, you still need 2 do a lot to sustain it. Maybe before she got a job and started contributing 2 the home front, u used to make reference to all u did for her in an insultive manner and now that she's contributing, she feels there's no need taking insults any more. Pls, be honest with us, before she started contributing, was she like this? Do u force her 2 contribute even when she says she doesn't have?

24 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by critique101(f): 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
I feel you.
This is the main set back in a marriage where the wife has more money than the guy. It seems you are a soft hearted person that is why your wife is taking advantage of you.

To overcome this problem, you need tobring out the man in you.

When next she does that, (take cord or insult you), intimidate her.shout at her.
REmind her that you are the husband.

Threaten to leave her if she tries it again.

Tell her if she can't share with you or respect you, you will leave her so she can watch it alone.

Tell her there are women out there who will gladly take her place and who will respect you.

If you don't do this, she will frustrate your life and reduce your lifespan. Be wise. She is not the first woman to have more than her husband so why shouldn't she respect you?

After shouting at her, form that you have vexed. Spend late nights outside, don't eat her food for a week. Spend most of your time away from home for a week. And don't smile for her.

She will be shocked to see this side of you. And she will think. How many men will want to marry a mother of 2

put a password on your phone.

If she becomes nicer to you, pretend to still b annoyed. For a week then gradually start eating her food.

You need to let her know that you mean everthing you have said.

Marriage is for better for worse. You have to make it work. In your wife's case, you have to teach her a lesson or else you are doomed n will grow old b4 your time

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by critique101(f): 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
DarqChild: My guy you will die before your time in the hands of a woman like that if you continue to live with her. Forget the fact that you have two children with her. You should first off stop telling about her your financial state. (the lion is the king of the jungle and actually has many females as wives yet he doesn't hunt for game. The women do.) wink When a woman knows exactly how much you earn then my brother you are in hot soup and secondly, you'd better kick her out of your life or else you'll lose your dignity as a man and your "pants" will literally be stripped off you. If you are not man enough to shackle her and bring her to order then let her off before you actually become shackled and lose your life. Adios.

Bad advice. Marriage is 4 better 4 worse.

Always make sure you make a good choice!
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by DarqChild: 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
critique101:

Bad advice. Marriage is 4 better 4 worse.

Always make sure you make a good choice!

My Dear, smiley I'm a guy who tries to find a quick fix for my life whenever I have a problem. If the said lady still maintains her attitude after he has played your....protracted game of chance with her then mine is a sure bet. wink

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Get a high paying job or look for avenue to create multiple stream income. Keep your focus. Let this make you and not break you.
Goodluck.

Not sure you need to remind him of this as we are all trying to earn more.

Poster this is tricky and honestly if care is not taken can ruin your marriage. First of all, your wife also needs to be respected. You mentioned that anytime you try to control her, she will say that her money is also there. May you should stop controlling her too. The fact that the husband is the head of the wife does not mean he should just order her around. How can you be fighting your wife over TV? Cant one of you record it and then watch it later? You are the head of the family so focus on the big things and provide direction for the family not fight over remote control. You are a big brother and even a father to her. I am a man and I dont do that. I will rather watch my own later but that itself is not a sign of weakness and you should remember that. Sometimes conceeding to your spouse is not a sign of weakness, it may even be a sign of headship as you are saying - I am bigger than that.

Having said that, your wife's behaviour is not ideal. A good wife should never talk like that as it seems she is rubbing her money in your face and that is not good. I will advice you to teach her. And the word is teach. Let her know that it is wrong to do what she is doing. Let her understand that both of you are one and the same and who bought what, should not matter and it is a clear sign of disrespect for her to say such things to you. I will also advice that you buy things you can afford and stop forcing her to contribute. If you can't afford it, then dont buy it but reduce the number of times you want her to contribute. Women look to men for leadership and you can still provide that leadership even if you earn less. Do the needful as you deem fit and leave her money for her. My prayer for you is that God will give you a better job so that this does not continue for too long because it is not the best.

31 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by judii(f): 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
critique101: I feel you.
This is the main set back in a marriage where the wife has more money than the guy. It seems you are a soft hearted person that is why your wife is taking advantage of you.

When next she does that, (take cord or insult you), intimidate her.shout at her.

Tell her if she can't share with you or respect you, you will leave her so she can watch it alone.

Tell her there are women out there who will gladly take her place and who will respect you.

If you don't do this, she will frustrate your life and reduce your lifespan. Be wise. She is not the first woman to have more than her husband so why shouldn't she respect you?

After shouting at her, form that you have vexed. Spend late nights outside, don't eat her food for a week. Spend most of your time away from home for a week. And don't smile for her.

She will be shocked to see this side of you. And she will think. How many men will want to marry a mother of 2

If she becomes nicer to you, pretend to still b annoyed. For a week then gradually start eating her food.

Marriage is for better for worse. You have to make it work. In your wife's case, you have to teach her a lesson or else you are doomed n will grow old b4 your time
are you for real? So you think the op is innocent in all of these? I strongly believe this op never treated the wife well when she wasn't earning anything or there's a way he goes about things that's not right. I honestly don't believe any woman in her right frame of mind would deliberately disrespect a man she married by reporting every misunderstanding between them 2 her family, thereby belittling the man. IMO, there's more to this story!

7 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2013

This just sounds so so awful.

11 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Tonykings: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ok.. Its clear that she disrespects you, i believe every woman has her own problem nd To every action they is an equal and opposite reaction......... Dey are alot of things you need to put in check, first i think both of you need to get away frm the house and av a long talk ALONE.... KICKING HER OUT OF THE HOUSE ISNT THE BEST first step to take... Mayb dy is sumtn dt u ar doin dt mk her react in dt way..but if its all about 'd benjamins' ...hmmm before she go respect u, u gt gt moni pass her ooo..... And if u feel u cnt mk dt happen at d moment, sent her bk to her fadas house, moni wuld nt giv her comfort at nyt
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nashville: Not sure you need to remind him of this as we are
all trying to earn more.
Yea, but he has to put in more determined effort in to it
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by majalisa(m): 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
@op u and ur wyf nid to really do something fast about ur nuptial lyf b4 it hit d rocks..u know her better than we all do...be creative and figure a way out of this bend..I culd tell u to flog her cos I don't know her yet d best thing to do is spank her
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Rooneyboy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ellatyra: I'm first oh,just incase this makes front page...
By the way,i'm about your wife!

How old are u
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Rooneyboy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
Women !

They are devils, I fear them like mad .
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by amarula(f): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nashville:

Poster this is tricky and honestly if care is not taken can ruin your marriage. First of all, your wife also needs to be respected. You mentioned that anytime you try to control her, she will say that her money is also there. May you should stop controlling her too. The fact that the husband is the head of the wife does not mean he should just order her around. How can you be fighting your wife over TV? Cant one of you record it and then watch it later? You are the head of the family so focus on the big things and provide direction for the family not fight over remote control. You are a big brother and even a father to her. I am a man and I dont do that. I will rather watch my own later but that itself is not a sign of weakness and you should remember that. Sometimes conceeding to your spouse is not a sign of weakness, it may even be a sign of headship as you are saying - I am bigger than that.

Having said that, your wife's behaviour is not ideal. A good wife should never talk like that as it seems she is rubbing her money in your face and that is not good. I will advice you to teach her. And the word is teach. Let her know that it is wrong to do what she is doing. Let her understand that both of you are one and the same and who bought what, should not matter and it is a clear sign of disrespect for her to say such things to you. I will also advice that you buy things you can afford and stop forcing her to contribute. If you can't afford it, then dont buy it but reduce the number of times you want her to contribute. Women look to men for leadership and you can still provide that leadership even if you earn less. Do the needful as you deem fit and leave her money for her. My prayer for you is that God will give you a better job so that this does not continue for too long because it is not the best.

If you were not married I would have begged you to marry me. This just sums it up. The teach part killed me...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by soulglo: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nothing you have said has anything to do with her earning more. I don't know any couple that have not had that TV issue you pointed out. It just never escalates to people taking cords. Leave who makes more than who out of it. By the way why is a grown man clubbing. Maybe I am just boring that's why I don't understand the "need" to go clubbing with friends. It just sounds so juvenile to me. Figure out how to resolve these childish issues with your wife. Next time she takes the cord you should take the TV grin . Put it in your car and drive to work with it grin grin grin grin By the way when you called your mother in law did you proudly announce that you went clubbing? Sorry just want to get a sense of what is important to you.

8 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
the issue is not really the more money she earns, the real problem is the LACK OF RESPECT that this lady has for you. the disease has already set in, there is nothing you can do right now, even if you earn billions. you need to sit down and communicate with her and try to make her understand that such behaviour will never be accepted, and the next time she acts like a mad woman, DEAL WITH HER ACCORDINGLY!

sometimes it is better to be alone than with a woman who treats you like maid. what kind of message is she sending to these children?!
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by mysticgal(f): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
majalisa: @op u and ur wyf nid to really do something fast about ur nuptial lyf b4 it hit d rocks..u know her better than we all do...be creative and figure a way out of this bend..I culd tell u to flog her cos I don't know her yet d best thing to do is spank her

bro you're the bestgrin
olodo rakpata,you never see where husband and wife the wear the same sokoto.go spank your mother,,,,,,say women na pickin mtcheeeewundecided

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Emeralddeee: 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
I can't categorical support a one sided story. However op it appears to me you both have flaws and are guilty,her earning higher financial is not the main discourse, I feel you both lack effective communicating skills more so, respect is reciprocal, you stated that you went clubbing, was she in support of it I don't think so, in order to make you know she is not happy with you keeping late nights she acted negatively by locking you outside and has continued doing that in other cases. My conclusion is you first examine yourself and know the areas in which you trigger negative utterance and action out of your wife and work on those areas am very certain you will see changes in your wife attitude towards you,after all no smoke without fire.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by here: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Some problems are to be solved when it involves partners who have a view to solving it.Others are to be solved by 1 party and decision respected by other.
I dont club but there is no rule that says a man who wants to should not.All a partner needs is tell the other I dont like this your life style or can you reduce it to once a month.There mustnt be a reason same way not all men have to wait for a request to come before he acts considering her.
You both need to sit and talk.Tell her what you dnt like and listen to what she doesnt like,if there is any you cannot stop tell her how you can reduce.She must respect that as you must.
When your inlaw calls you,gladly inform them you'll be glad she tells you herself as you both sleep and wakeup together and you love her with your life.
You need to make this thing work or take a walk men!
I dnt find it ok the woman bringing her money to the house around here,its the way it is man;lets not live on dreams.Live with what you can afford,encourage her to have investments and save.If any day she feels too independent and wants to leave you,its her choice and that shouldnt bother you man.
Want to know why I sound this way?
I have seen alot,and the funny part is both gender are more interested in seeing the other suffer for some reason I dont understand,and they look for a way to.make that happen.
At times I feel scared now for some of us who have it going so fine.
Goodluck bro
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Kanwulia: 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
From your post alone, it is obvious why YOU ARE DYING SLOWLY! cheesy
You are a CONTROL FREAK. . .
Like A TYPICAL Nigerian man. . .YOU HAVE NEVER LEARNED TO WORK AS A TEAM PLAYER. . .even when you ain't gat a 'skid' of 'crap' to show in your 'draws'!

Women or children ARE NOT CATTLE. . . to be controlled!

May you not die by your own EVIL machinations. . . AMEN!!! kiss

12 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by majalisa(m): 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
mysticgal:

bro you're the bestgrin
olodo rakpata,you never see where husband and wife the wear the same sokoto.go spank your mother,,,,,,say women na pickin mtcheeeewundecided
did u relay d spanking drift..doluwa
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 16, 2013
100 percent.
Seems like u read that out of my mind
Nashville:

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Dlemah: 12:24am On Oct 16, 2013
Respect is reciprocal...alwys respect n luv ur wife,dts d best gift u can ever gve to her.

*Also,never ever share feeding allownce wt her.its ur sole responsibility to feed ur hom,regardles of her earning more,dont ever reduce dt alowance for her to add to it..fine,u can get her invovled wt others bt not feeding alowance....
She contributes to any project u initiate but do u eva contribute to her own initiated projects?ask urself...dont b self centered...

,Neva make atempt to control her,u can make her undstand y some things shud b done in someways rada than makein it a contol isue,aint sure u eva want to b controld urself.,

Clubin is so so bad for responsible marid men..change if dts wot u do,not sure u can eva alow ur wife go clubing..

Luv ur wifey n treat her good..then ur mariage wud glow...

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 16, 2013
ikuoma4rea: My wife just developed an attitude that is quite disturbing.just because l get her involved in any project in the house by contributing her own share because she works so that we can get something better for the family.Anytime time l control her she says stuffs like after all my money was involved.but her income is more than mine but l ensure that the rent and running of the house is been handled by me except for the cooking that sometimes l just give her what l have to add to what she has.l could not watch a program just because she was watching a program and when l insisted she disconnected the television set and left with the cord to her room after all l joined my own money in purchasing the television set.she is always against me going to club and hanging out with friends,did that last nite and when l got home she refused to open the door and l had to put a call to the mum before she opened the door at 4am.she is working and earns more than l do but can't l have peace in my own house without her throwing tantrums on me even without been worried about our neighbors.what do l do to have my freedom and respect back because l don't get any respect from her anymore.little things she tells the mum and she calls to start advising me which l find uncomfortable .confused right now.we have 2 kids now.need good advice.

You sound very childish
Read your posts again
She will soon start whipping your bum bum like one of the kids

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Djtm(m): 1:26am On Oct 16, 2013

Experience!!!!!!!! You couldn't have said it better grin grin
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by Djtm(m): 1:31am On Oct 16, 2013
judii: are you for real? So you think the op is innocent in all of these? I strongly believe this op never treated the wife well when she wasn't earning anything or there's a way he goes about things that's not right. I honestly don't believe any woman in her right frame of mind would deliberately disrespect a man she married by reporting every misunderstanding between them 2 her family, thereby belittling the man. IMO, there's more to this story!
There are people in the wrong state of mind so what is so difficult to believe? infact, as the OP was describing his wife, I was just thinking of some ladies because I know if they by chance earn more than their husbands, they're gonna be worse than the OP's wife.
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by whiteroses(f): 1:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Maybe she's on a depressing form of birth control. I had the implanon I literally ran mad towards my hubby grin
Re: Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Lol....OP, why r u even making reference to ur wife pay to run the home? U will loose ur domestic credibility if u keep looking at ur wife salary for any reason. I think ur attitude towards ur wife is bcus u knw she earns more than u and u simply feel she robs it on ur face, i want u to first have a rethink on that, dnt let all the little misunderstanding in ur home make u feel is bcus of her high pay, with that am sure u will bother less abt her mistakes. Meanwhile, even with ur little income u can still take care of ur family without making reference or asking ur wife to contribute to ur home, Jst try and do that henceforth, am sure u will earn ur respect, Try and give her wat u think u can afford for food for the month and see her change. Money is never enough for women, so they always want to get something frm their husband no matter how small.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Unmarried Single Women So Bitter And Frustrated ? / Challenges Of Marrying A Single Mom / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.