Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. (13814 Views)

Our Institutions; The Supposed Epitome Of Learning / Missing Or Is It Rapture? / Five Hours Before Rapture- A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
it's a Gud literary act and I thank God it made frontpage.....
as for me God sees all our tots n watches us oh.....
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by FoxyFlow(m): 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Today is Friday o.

Where are them articles of our peaceful religion angry angry
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by frank317: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
nice one damex... fortunately all these rapture ish cant be true, because if it is really true... trust me, no one will be raptured. the mind is like a bag, everyone carries his and only him knows what inside. evil is necessary for survival and that why we have our conscience which serve as a check to extent of evil one can commit just to survive.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by VanTee20(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
frank3.16:
nice one damex... fortunately all these rapture ish cant be true, because if it is really true... trust me, no one will be raptured. the mind is like a bag, everyone carries his and only him knows what inside. evil is necessary for survival and that why we have our conscience which serve as a check to extent of evil one can commit just to survive.

Sorry, are you really a christian?

1 Like

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nice story.

What I love most about it is, it didn't end the way I thought it would (Nollywood), you put in a different twist that I've never heard of b4.

I feel the story wasn't captivating at the point the last elder(according to hierarchy) was telling his story.

I think you should also make it into a Novel, going into details of how each men including Bola existed outside and inside the church, you could portray Taiwo as making the loudest noise during church service and another elder attacking church members based on the way the dress or other trival matters.

My personal opinion, I b science student so my advice isn't a professional one. Sorry!

Keep it up
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Royver(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Wonderful! I enjoyed the originality of the story. Imagine that happening in real life....that awkward moment when you realised you've spilled your guts for nothing! Lovely piece!

Some improvement is still needed in your grammar and sentence structure but apart from that you did great damex!
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
i knw it would end that way though! But this is a serious warning 4 sinners that saw this post. Confess ur Sins now that you have the chance b4 Rapture becomes reality. I pray 4 d Mods, and rest of Nairaland Members esp PAGAN 9JA
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by emeka94(m): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1542684/seen-wifes-son. Please check my work and leave a comment about your thought
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Vicnicole: 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
May christ give us d grace 2 make it.AMEN
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nelrulez(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
Lol! Had to relay this story to my room mates... Keep it up... I pray I don't miss the rapture ooo.............
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Chibest2000(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ollyfad: Y d pastor no talk im own na,nyc story.go nd cntinue d link o
hahahahaha na d pastor own 4 sweet pass hahahaha
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Iniwhyt: 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
May God grant us d grace 2 live a rapturable lyf. Amen
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Sunny360: 1:17am On Dec 07, 2013
Fabulous!!! May God help me (plus OTHERS) 2 make Heaven in Jesus Name, Amen! *Meanwhile,I suspect dey must hav been connivance btwn Elder Bola& d Pst.*
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 07, 2013
Praise da living Jesus!!! we made it to the front page!!! Damex you will celebrate this one with me o...cow slaughtering tinx.
grin
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Ayorinde24(m): 6:54am On Dec 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] I pray to God that my family members and i make HEAVEN IN JESUS NAME
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by hottadiva(f): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
This is probably very simple but something has been perplexing to me.

The OP's moniker shows nobody but when he's requoted, the name changes to diff other names. What's d trick Why can't I click on the nobody's moniker to see other stories undecided
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Seunvense(m): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
hottadiva:
This is probably very simple but something has been perplexing to me.

The OP's moniker shows nobody but when he's requoted, the name changes to diff other names. What's d trick Why can't I click on the nobody's moniker to see other stories undecided
The account has been deactivated that's why you couldn't click on the moniker.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by hottadiva(f): 3:52am On Jun 18, 2015
Seunvense:
The account has been deactivated that's why you couldn't click on the moniker.
Great!!Thanks a lot @Seunvense wink
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Seunvense(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
hottadiva:
. Great!!Thanks a lot @Seunvense wink
U welcum sis

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 / My Islamic Short Stories / Beauty Personified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.