Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! (10918 Views)

I Want To Try Other Phones But See The Reason Bb Is Holding Me Down,pls Help / Globalcom Configuration Procedure On My Htc Touch Pro 2 / Nigerian "globalcom" Enters Indian Telecom Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Modarators please kindly help me put this on frontpage so that i can get help from GLO Management.

For over a month now, i cant make calls from my phone because each time i check my balance, this is the message i recieve from GLO.

“on your main balance you are debtor of 250.00NGN valid untill 27/04/2025“

Originally it was 550.000NGN, it only came down after i complained. And it keeps happening again and again.

I have tried severally to get help from customer care but on all occassions that i have called customer care, all they tell me is that their Engineers are carrying out system maintenance and that they cannot view my line on their system, and as such, they cannot help now but i should call back later.

I know its small money but what if we are over a thousand out there been exploited?

My pain and anger is that i have callled back severally upto “a million times“ yet thesame response. I am tired and exhausted. The only reason i am yet to break this sim card is because i ve been using this line for over 4 years now. Which kain nonsense be dis na??

Maybe i could complain to SON or Servicom for poor service and extortation by GLO towards its customers.

But Since i dont know where else to complain to,thats why i am on nairaland maybe their managers can see this post and do something about my line.

Now i wanna load, but they will deduct the 250 and slam me another debit. What‘s my crime?

7 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
This is the number, just in case any of their staff needs to work on it:

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by ZUBY77(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Port to MTN or Etisalat and stop wailing as if you cant survive it. Why else do you think the porting system came?

14 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
ZUBY77: Port to MTN or Etisalat and stop wailing as if you cant survive it. Why else do you think the porting system came?

Their service is faster than etisalat and mtn where i am sir.

2 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by babarazy: 3:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Nextworldnx:

Their service is faster than etisalat and mtn where i am sir.
Then go and buy another sim.

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by RootedWord1(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Dont waste your time with Glo. As far as I am concerned, the network has lost its flair. That was the way I battled with them till I ported to Airtel, now I am enjoying the best tariff of my life: Airtel 2Good Premier, 10k/sec to all networks after first minute of 40k/sec. Port ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 16, 2013
mtn should sue them to court for patent right/copying of scaming methods!

31 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Isn't the solution to this as easy as loading the N250 so your account can be cleared and you're debt free undecided
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by osifred(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Please I need information on how to contact NCC and also the fb and twitter handle of airtel Nigeria. I want to complain over poor customer service
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Xtfield(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2013
semid4lyfe: Isn't the solution to this as easy as loading the N250 so your account can be cleared and you're debt free undecided

The Nigerian method of always looking for a quick fix to any problem. Why pay a debt that you did not incur? What if next month he gets another message claiming he is indebted to the tune of N5000? He should pay again.

@OP, send a complaint to NCC - the regulatory body for the communication sector. Google NCC Nigeria to get their web address and e-mail. I assure you that you will get instant redress. I used them once against MTN and you need to see how many calls I got from MTN within 24 hours.

16 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Hmm, I love nairaland. All these companies that do people anyhow are in hot soup.

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by UyiIredia(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Kpele o ! Feel free to 'rule your world' with Glo.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by UjSizzle(f): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2013
semid4lyfe: Isn't the solution to this as easy as loading the N250 so your account can be cleared and you're debt free undecided
He doesn't believe he's owing them and doesn't want to 'dash' them his 250naira.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2013
I think what he means is that he's not owning.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Oduyalerapheal(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Don't waste ur time complaining just port to ur nearest network. NB: you are highly welcome to the MTN family.

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Sllowppoisoon: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Are Glo management on NL undecided
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by naptu2: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Contact the Nigerian Communications Commission or attend one of the "NCC Consumers Parliament". Click on the link below to contact the NCC.

http://www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=118

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Coldfeet(f): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Go to their office and break the sim in to bits and drop it in their trash can! And go get yourself another! Case closed! I had a similar problem with them sometime ago. Though I still use glo but another sim.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by pekelepekele(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2013
runzlord: mtn should sue them to court for patent right/copying of scaming methods!

You can say that again bro and in fact their new style of scamming people now is through their browsing data . Glo 4gb is just 3gb but you won't notice that if you are not checking on the graph

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by erniok(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2013
first question is how did he get a negative balance of 550 then now 250 and what is the guarantee that there won't be a repetition.

Op, petition the consumer protection council.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2013
runzlord: mtn should sue them to court for patent right/copying of scaming methods!

Lmao
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle:
He doesn't believe he's owing them and doesn't want to 'dash' them his 250naira.

Afam4eva:
I think what he means is that he's not owning.

Ok, then. It's on frontpage so I'm sure the issue will be resolved. The Nairaland court is a very effective one. . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by UjSizzle(f): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by adorable29(f): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2013
That firm is gradually losing it. The way and manner they treat their staff sef is another issue! Na wa O.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 16, 2013
glo na theives.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Emmzalon: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2013
We're working on the problem sir,plz be patient wid us. Thank you
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by ehmasjet(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2013
Dats d main reason u av to fyt 4 ur self.......
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Nextworldnx: Modarators please kindly help me put this on frontpage so that i can get help from GLO Management.

For over a month now, i cant make calls from my phone because each time i check my balance, this is the message i recieve from GLO.

“on your main balance you are debtor of 250.00NGN valid untill 27/04/2025“

Originally it was 550.000NGN, it only came down after i complained. And it keeps happening again and again.

I have tried severally to get help from customer care but on all occassions that i have called customer care, all they tell me is that their Engineers are carrying out system maintenance and that they cannot view my line on their system, and as such, they cannot help now but i should call back later.

I know its small money but what if we are over a thousand out there been exploited?

My pain and anger is that i have callled back severally upto “a million times“ yet thesame response. I am tired and exhausted. The only reason i am yet to break this sim card is because i ve been using this line for over 4 years now. Which kain nonsense be dis na??

Maybe i could complain to SON or Servicom for poor service and extortation by GLO towards its customers.

But Since i dont know where else to complain to,thats why i am on nairaland maybe their managers can see this post and do something about my line.

Now i wanna load, but they will deduct the 250 and slam me another debit. What‘s my crime?
these network providers don't offer good services, but i know they won't intentionally do that to extort money from you.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by UjSizzle(f): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2013
OP have you gone to any glo office before to complain in person?
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Port to etisalat asap and if you still like glo then port back after 3months.

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by ehmasjet(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Front page tins on point eeeeeeeeee.........shout ale....lu......yah......gordons nla

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed / How To Unlock Icloud On Iphone , Ipod And Ipad / #elephone P7000 Discussion Thread##

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.