Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) (2348 Views)

Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 / Which Mod Is The Bigger Bigot: Afam Or Ikenna / What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by PointB: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Chronicle of Ikenna 1-35

1.In the days when the judges ruled, there was strife in the Fora Politico. The judge Jaru the Mixed, from the land of confluence of rivers, abdicated his post.

2. Afa the son of Foreva was appointed judge in the Fora Politico to ease the laden on Oam the son of Forj.

3. But there was still strife in the Fora Politico, between the Ndi, the Odudas, Hasfula and Igon who dwell by the creeks.

4. And there arose a certain zealot, Ike the son of Nna, from the land of the Autocar, across the lower River Ja.

5. On the ninth day of the fourth month, two thousand and thirteen years after the death of our Lord, the Emperor Sehu the son of Ozewa appointed Ike the son of Nna judge over the Fora Politico, where the strife was rife.

6. But there was still strive in the land, between the Ndi, the Odudas, Hasfula and Igon who dwell by the creeks.

7. And Ike the son of Nna saw the strife in the land and vow to put an end to it before it puts an end to the empire.

8. And thus did Ike begin; he wrote edict, signed with the seal of his office, bearing his name and father’s name.

9. He sent messengers to the four kingdoms saying, "The other judges tolerated your excesses, and accepted your norms. But I shall not. I will deal with you troublemakers with iron hand.”

10. Then he addressed the people from the Kingdom of Ndi saying, “I am from your Kingdom, but I pay no obeisance to your king, and shall show no mercy to my brethren. I shall deal with you with iron hand. I will not aid your quarrels with the Odudas, neither will I come to your aid against the Kingdom of Hasfula.”

11. And signed them with the seal of his office, bearing his name and father’s name. This insignia did he emboss on messages to the four kingdoms.

12. But the people say to him, "We have our laws, and edicts handed over to us by our founders; we have our customs, norms, and traditions, surely your new laws shall not stand."

13. But Ike the Son of Nna would not listen to the people.

14. He threw sons and daughters from the four Kingdoms and beyond into his dungeon. He derided their elders and threatened their offspring.

15. The people of the four kingdoms sent emissaries to him saying "We have laws, and edicts handed over to us by our founders; we have customs, norms, and traditions, surely your new laws shall not stand until the Emperor accents them."

16. They challenged him vigorously saying, “Surely you cannot throw us all into the dungeon; our offspring shall continue our way of life, including our toddlers. We shall resist your edicts and shall not relent until you are gone.”

17. But Ike the son of Nna, responded saying, "Begone you troublemakers! Your laws, edicts, and norm; your tradition and practice has brought strife and suffering upon the land. I shall put an end to it."

18. And Ike the son of Nna thereupon made more edicts, and signed them with the seal of his office, bearing his name and father’s name.

19. Thus did he again refuse to listen to the people.

20. He espied them; threw some of the elders and many of the sons and daughters of kingdoms into his dungeon.

21. And Ike the Son of Nna, saw all that he had done and was very pleased with himself. And his patted himself on the back saying “I shall not cease, until the strife in the land is come to an end.”

22. Unbeknownst to Oam the son of Forj, the Judge, who sits before Afa the son of Foreva in the council of judges, he had erased some messages written by Ike the son of Nna.

23. Whereupon Ike the son of Nna challenged Oam the son of Forj to stay out of his fights against the strife in the land as ordered by the Emperor. For it has become his obsession.

24. And there was strife among the judges in the Fora Politico

25. The people of the four kingdoms were not happy. They sent emissaries to the Emperor Sehu the son of Ozewa , to his Prime Minister, Muki the hermit, the daughter of Natu.

26. Saying “O gracious emperor, may your reign be long. Your servant Ike the son of Nna treats us unfairly. He threatens our fathers and our children he throws in his dungeon. Surely, O wise Emperor, you would not like to see the empire deserted and the kingdoms in ruins. Hearken, O Emperor, and remove the wicked judge Ike the son of Nna from council in the Fora Politico, and free our sons and daughters from captivity in his dungeon.”

27. Thereupon, the Prime Minister, Muki the hermit, daughter of Natu opened the gates of dungeon and thus set free some prisoners kept in chains by Ike the son of Nna.

28. Now Ike the son of Nna looked and saw the people from his dungeon parading before him like princes and princesses. He was very displeased.

29. When he saw they were set free, without his knowledge, by the Prime Minister, Muki the hermit, the daughter of Natu, his heart was troubled.

30. Then he looked again and behold large number of the dissidents set free from his dungeon where from the Kingdom of Odudas, he was filled with anger and sorrow.

31. He call out at the Prime Minister, Muki the hermit, the daughter of Natu in rage; and pleaded with the Emperor to punish him if he was wrong in his fights against the strife in the land.

32. But no one would listen to him - not the Prime Minister, nor the Emperor. Not even his people from the kingdom of Ndi across the river, for he had addressed them harshly, derided their king and threatened their young.

33. And Ike the son of Nna saw the conspiracy and his eyes were opened. And thus did he address the people saying, “I now know the people I work with. I get it now.”

34. On the seventeenth day of the fifth month in the year two thousand and thirteen after the death of the Lord, the Emperor Sehu the son of Ozewa appointed Sexi the son of Killiz, judge in the stead of Ike the son of Nna from the land of Autocars, across the River Ja.

35. But there was still strive in the land, between the Ndi, the Odudas, Hasfula and Igon who dwell by the creeks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by nwaanambra1(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2013
joblessness! undecided undecided

Nice writeup thou! wink wink

It proves the bi and the ko was a fabrication! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Freiburger(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
What a write up!!! cool cool cool
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by PointB: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2014
Freiburger: What a write up!!! cool cool cool

Thanks. I hardly frequent this section though.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 2:11am On Feb 23, 2015
Great job, pointb! should be in politics section. ikenna's back though.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by PointB: 8:14am On Feb 23, 2015
^^
Thanks.

It was, but the power that be...

You know the drill!
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
PointB:
^^
Thanks.

It was, but the power that be...

You know the drill!
Lolz! Hilarious topic. It just brought back memories what Ikenna went through as a mod.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by PointB: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
berem:
Lolz! Hilarious topic. It just brought back memories what Ikenna went through as a mod.

Yeah. It was a tough tenure for him. smiley
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
hey berem. yeah it was tough for him but i coulda sworn i saw his moniker amongst d politics section mods. maybe its on his profile. overall he seemed like a good guy who didnt play favourites. btw, is ngwakwe being fair to u, berem?

pointb, i saw u had the same thread in politics section. lots of comments in it. i guess we both forgot.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
isalegan2:
hey berem. yeah it was tough for him but i coulda sworn i saw his moniker amongst d politics section mods. maybe its on his profile. overall he seemed like a good guy who didnt play favourites. btw, is ngwakwe being fair to u, berem?

pointb, i saw u had the same thread in politics section. lots of comments in it. i guess we both forgot.

Ngwakwe is not being fair to me but I am managing it. angry

How are you doing btw? Been a long time. smiley
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2015
That annoys the heck outta me! ngwakwe really surprised me. i had the idea he was someone wt integrity and unshake-able values.

i'm not on much at all but saw a few weeks ago how a couple of posters were been so vulgar with u and d worst part was some of it was taking place in a thread this arrogant mod started, talking about the need for civil discourse! yet he does nothing while some predators are verbally sexually assaulting another poster. a popular and active poster at that. would he have acted different if it was a poster with whom he frequently agreed politically?

and people wonder many smart and engaging politics section posters walk away.

i'm not talking about myself. lol. i just didnt have d time. but there have been times when i was quite active when i would be disgusted enough to want an alternative to nl where i could take all my pals and the awesome nlers who kept it jumping.

lookit! where is dede? onlytruth? katsumoto? and lots more.

anyway, i'm not complaining. those times are gone. and i dont really contribute enough to complain anyway. its probably just as fun to those new nairalanders who are discovering it now just like i did 3. . . 4 years ago.

hey pointb. who's eze ndigbo 2015?! lol. that was fun. d first thread in 2011. i was there all along. i bet u didnt even expect it to take off like a rocket like it did. lol.

too much reminiscing. lol.

apologies 4 textspeak and other errors. i'm limited on phone.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Ngwakwe: 12:20am On Feb 24, 2015
isalegan2:
That annoys the heck outta me! ngwakwe really surprised me. i had the idea he was someone wt integrity and unshake-able values.

i'm not on much at all but saw a few weeks ago how a couple of posters were been so vulgar with u and d worst part was some of it was taking place in a thread this arrogant mod started, talking about the need for civil discourse! yet he does nothing while some predators are verbally sexually assaulting another poster. a popular and active poster at that. would he have acted different if it was a poster with whom he frequently agreed politically?

i'm not talking about myself. lol. i just didnt have d time. but there have been times when i was quite active when i would be disgusted enough to want an alternative to nl where i could take all my pals and the awesome nlers who kept it jumping.

anyway, i'm not complaining. those times are gone. and i dont really contribute enough to complain anyway. its probably just as fun to those new nairalanders who are discovering it now just like i did 3. . . 4 years ago.

hey pointb. who's eze ndigbo 2015?! lol. that was fun. d first thread in 2011. i was there all along. i bet u didnt even expect it to take off like a rocket like it did. lol.

Why are you being so unfair?

Are you just trying to appease your friends or trying to appeal to a conscience gone reprobate?

I respect you hence the reply to my mention, though it's not in my character to exchange words.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 12:28am On Feb 24, 2015
I held u in very high esteem as well. and i'm not one to follow others opinions. my post history will testifo to that.

who are d friends to whom i'm appealing, and whose mind has gone reprobate?

i admit i dont know all that's gone down on nl lately.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Ngwakwe: 12:38am On Feb 24, 2015
isalegan2:
I held u in very high esteem as well. and i'm not one to follow others opinions. my post history will testifo to that.

who are d friends to whom i'm appealing, and whose mind has gone reprobate?

i admit i dont know all that's gone down on nl lately.

The truth is that 95% of tags/complaints on Ngwakwe's injustice as it relates to Nairaland moderation has no link (whatsoever) to him.

I believe all my decisions/bans are negotiable because they are not vindictive rather corrective hence any appeal or apology can easily solve the misunderstanding.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 1:13am On Feb 24, 2015
Oh, i didnt realize you've been dealing with 'detractors.'

my comment was made more or less in a vacuum, directly relating to what i observed between you and berem. if there are other issues, i'm not aware of them. and she just told me ur not being fair to her.

check how you called a poster a 'reprobate mind.' even if i did not already feel u weren't been fair in her case, your casting aspersions would not make an independent observer automatically take ur side.

i do not want to belabour this. i do want to make clear i am not advocating any sanctions against u. i simply wanted berem treated fairly. oftentimes hers is the lone female moniker in a sea of hostile threatening posters. if a mod cant respond to and caution bullies whats a regular poster to do? i'm not asking for special treatment because berem the poster has an 'f' after it. i know berem knows how to deal wt most of them. but other posters, young or new, may not want to get ganged up on and subject to all kinds of personal insult unrelated to the current affairs at hand. it stifles debate and active participation in discourse.

i was active in politics. i know it was tough modding there. regardless of the ire of the masses, the only moderator i ever wanted to see the back of, was sexskilz. or sexpills. lol. even still, i didnt want him gone gone! just gone to a different section. lol.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 1:47am On Feb 24, 2015
Ngwakwe:

The truth is that 95% of tags/complaints on Ngwakwe's injustice as it relates to Nairaland moderation has no link (whatsoever) to him.

I believe all my decisions/bans are negotiable because they are not vindictive rather corrective hence any appeal or apology can easily solve the misunderstanding.
apology to whom? you?
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Ngwakwe: 2:40am On Feb 24, 2015
isalegan2:
apology to whom? you?

I mean regrets and an expression to abide by the rules
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 24, 2015
isalegan2:

Do you know its because of Ngwakwe I do not use the report button any longer? I rather send supermods who I know understand the situation PMs to deal with those who go against the rules.

I remember on a particular thread where I was verbally and sexually abused with vulgar words by a particular poster. The hypocritical and biased mod was visibly present on that thread and didn't ban the poster until I called his name out.
Again,on my birthday wishes thread a fellow nairalander opened,he banned me for one week just because I jokingly accused him of moving the thread from politics section to general section. My dear can you imagine that?
Just because I openly challenge Ngwakwe politically on threads and I am not politically affiliated with him,he decided to be picking on me by giving me unjust bans.
I know what I am passing through as a female poster in politics section when I get heaps of insults which I tend to ignore. It is very shameful and disgusting that Ngwakwe a moderator will use his power as a mod to inflict hate on me by giving me unjust bans.

Well,I am not deterred by his actions. He will not be a moderator forever. Time will tell.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by isalegan2: 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
berem:
Do you know its because of Ngwakwe I do not use the report button any longer? I rather send supermods who I know understand the situation PMs to deal with those who go against the rules.

I remember on a particular thread where I was verbally and sexually abused with vulgar words by a particular poster. The hypocritical and biased mod was visibly present on that thread and didn't ban the poster until I called his name out.
Again,on my birthday wishes thread a fellow nairalander opened,he banned me for one week just because I jokingly accused him of moving the thread from politics section to general section. My dear can you imagine that?
Just because I openly challenge Ngwakwe politically on threads and I am not politically affiliated with him,he decided to be picking on me by giving me unjust bans.
I know what I am passing through as a female poster in politics section when I get heaps of insults which I tend to ignore. It is very shameful and disgusting that Ngwakwe a moderator will use his power as a mod to inflict hate on me by giving me unjust bans.

Well,I am not deterred by his actions. He will not be a moderator forever. Time will tell.

hmm. smh. i went back and saw ur birthday thread from earlier this month. hbd! many happy returns.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
isalegan2:

hmm. smh. i went back and saw ur birthday thread from earlier this month. hbd! many happy returns.
thanks ma'am.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by PointB: 5:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
isalegan2:

Yea, I truly didn't expect the kind of reception it got, it was humbling. But while it lasted it was fun, engaging, and truly educating. I learnt alot from the exercise and people I was involved with.

Onlytruth was legendary in wisdom, Ngwakwe calm, cool and collected, Odumchi, 9ja_I_hail, face, and several of them I can't mention. They are all great people and I enjoyed every bit of my engagement with them.

Alas all good things do come to an end and we couldn't continue the legacy as other engagements occupied the council members . Hopefully one day, we could recreate it, and continue to use it as rallying point for Ndi Igbo and her friends in cyber and beyond.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Ishilove: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
PointB, I will be very vexed with you if you don't extend some of this creativity to the folks at the Literature section angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by PointB: 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ishilove:
PointB, I will be very vexed with you if you don't extend some of this creativity to the folks at the Literature section angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol,

It takes a while to come up with these write-ups, it's not something I can replicate on day-by-day basis. Perhaps one day, when I call time on politics section, I shall come over to literature to learn and hone my skill.

Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 (reloaded) by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
PointB:

lol,

It takes a while to come up with these write-ups, it's not something I can replicate on day-by-day basis. Perhaps one day, when I can time on politics section, I shall come over to literature to learn and hone my skill.

Thanks.
The more you write the better you become smiley

Come, give it a try smiley

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Amazing Toilet Seat / Checkout This Simple Treatment To Clear Pimples And Blackheads In A Week / Make Free Calls And Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.